Focus: Dauntless Crimeans

SatsumaFSoysoy

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

So the english says that Wrath lowers the cooldown by 1 at the start of the turn like Quickened Pulse, but it will be the start of every single turn while it's active? Is that how the Japanese says it?

I know your question about the JP text was answered already, but I wanted to note that the ENG text is fairly clear that it is every turn.  For comparison:

QP, IP and SP all state 'at start of turn 1'.  Wrath states 'at start of turn', with no reference to the turn number.  Therefore, Wrath checks every turn, while the Pulse skills we have only check on turn 1.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I think the Black Knight might be the reward unit. Maybe.

That's what the leaker who mentioned Elincia and Oscar and the mini Tempest said, but it wouldn't make sense to me. The Black Knight screams GHB, not Tempest reward.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's what the leaker who mentioned Elincia and Oscar and the mini Tempest said, but it wouldn't make sense to me. The Black Knight screams GHB, not Tempest reward.

My first reaction when I saw the link was that it didn't make sense, what with Elincia, Oscar and Nephenee having a loose relation to another and the Black Knight seeming much more fitting for GBH than TT. 

But here were are and the first part of the leak turned out true, so I'm fully expecting the Black Knight part to be true as well.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I am pretty sure people thought the same for Clive, but he became a Tempest Reward as well. 

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

My first reaction when I saw the link was that it didn't make sense, what with Elincia, Oscar and Nephenee having a loose relation to another and the Black Knight seeming much more fitting for GBH than TT. 

But here were are and the first part of the leak turned out true, so I'm fully expecting the Black Knight part to be true as well.

Yeah, it's quite possible that the BK really is going to be the Tempest reward, but there's still a possibility that the leaker got this part wrong.

I don't know if you were here for it, but back when Smash Wii U/3DS was in development, there was a famous leaker called Gematsu. His leak repeatedly kept being right about which newcomers were going to be in the game. He even got Wii Fit Trainer right. But then he actually turned out to be wrong about a couple characters! It happened when Robin and Lucina were revealed for Smash rather than Chrom. A lot of people were shocked. So we could have a similar case here.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I am pretty sure people thought the same for Clive, but he became a Tempest Reward as well. 

Thou must be'st a villain in some measure to be a GHB contender. Be it you're a villain on one route (Xandy), have an evil parallel self (Roby), or are a bad guy for... 5 turns? (Navarre.) Clive had none of that going for him. It'd be strange, though not unprecedented (Eldi and 'hart), for a villain to be not GHB.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We should find out soon. If the BK is a TT reward, the battle with him in FE9 Ch11 from the ad should be part of Chapter 13.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, if I recall, people were confused about Clive since he didn't make sense to be a GHB unit, so it actually made more sense when he became a Tempest Trials reward. That's my own recollection of it, 'cos there was a lot of guessing when he first appeared after that banner was announced. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thou must be'st a villain in some measure to be a GHB contender. Be it you're a villain on one route (Xandy), have an evil parallel self (Roby), or are a bad guy for... 5 turns? (Navarre.) Clive had none of that going for him. It'd be strange, though not unprecedented (Eldi and 'hart), for a villain to be not GHB.

I didn't know female Robin was a villain. :P

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Actually, if I recall, people were confused about Clive since he didn't make sense to be a GHB unit, so it actually made more sense when he became a Tempest Trials reward. That's my own recollection of it, 'cos there was a lot of guessing when he first appeared after that banner was announced. 

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. I remember insisting that Clive's skill set made him too boring to be anything but a TT reward unit, and that therefore there must have been a second FE2 TT coming up, which seemed strange but still less strange than any alternative.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I didn't know female Robin was a villain. :P

She is the most contorted of GHBs, but as I said- Robin is also Grima. Until we are shown otherwise, she must be interpreted like that because all the other GHBs are villains in some capacity.

If the BK is TT- well that means Tailtiu's dead grandmother could be one for all we know. We'd have no way of predicting them in advance.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She is the most contorted of GHBs, but as I said- Robin is also Grima. Until we are shown otherwise, she must be interpreted like that because all the other GHBs are villains in some capacity.

If the BK is TT- well that means Tailtiu's dead grandmother could be one for all we know. We'd have no way of predicting them in advance.

It looks like BK will be a TT rewards, but it seems weird, because it's either a wasting opportunity (GHB to end all GHBs) or wasted money grab (lot's of people would spend money to try to get him on a Banner.)

Just now, Rezzy said:

It looks like BK will be a TT rewards, but it seems weird, because it's either a wasting opportunity (GHB to end all GHBs) or wasted money grab (lot's of people would spend money to try to get him on a Banner.)

They could be saving the PoR GHB (I'm acting like they're obligated to have one- a fallacy here) for Mad King Ashnard or Petrine, the other two contenders.

Ashnard would be one hella Sword Flier, and a dragon rider at that. As for the battlefield- a flier likes the outdoors, so Repatriation (the final chapter in Melior) or Crimea Marches (the snowy chapter at Tor Garen right after Ike's promotion), or maybe an indoor battle like Without a King.

For Petrine, it'd either be her big introductory chapter Shades of Evil, or her death chapter The Great Bridge (don't forget the pitfalls!).

9 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Just pointing this out, this confirms the leak that was posted two weeks ago was real.

Here's the full timeline:

One month ago, a guy posted on Reddit two things:

1. There would be a "mini-tempest trial" in September

2. There would be a "Narcian + whitewings" event.

Everyone blew him off at first, but then both of those predictions came true.

Then, two weeks ago, he predicted the following:

1. There would be a Path of Radiance banner, featuring Elincia, Oscar, and Nephenee

2. The Black Knight is the full tempest trial reward

3. The next GHB will be Alvis, in October

4. There will be an FE4 banner in October

5. L'archel is not coming for "at least 2 more months" 

In fact, I posted these predictions in the mega thread two weeks ago.

Now, this still isn't confirmed, but this guy has hit 3 for 3 so far, so I think it's safe to say this leak may be legit.

If this is true, Alvis will prolly be a Red Tome user with Valflame. What do you think will Valflames effects be, i mean it is a Legendary Tome after all.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

If this is true, Alvis will prolly be a Red Tome user with Valflame. What do you think will Valflames effects be, i mean it is a Legendary Tome after all.

If I had to guess based on its bonuses in Genealogy, it could be similar to Naga, but with something extra replacing the effectiveness against Dragons. Maybe extra Might, or a stronger Def/Res bonus when attacked, or the same bonus on both enemy and player phase. Or potentially a built in Death Blow 2, since it only has the +5 Might in Awakening; not sure if they're willing to repeat Yato's bonus effect, though. If it means I'll finally get a decent red mage that isn't Tharja, then I'll take just about anything, really.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

If I had to guess based on its bonuses in Genealogy, it could be similar to Naga, but with something extra replacing the effectiveness against Dragons. Maybe extra Might, or a stronger Def/Res bonus when attacked, or the same bonus on both enemy and player phase. Or potentially a built in Death Blow 2, since it only has the +5 Might in Awakening; not sure if they're willing to repeat Yato's bonus effect, though. If it means I'll finally get a decent red mage that isn't Tharja, then I'll take just about anything, really.

Naga's effect is literally pulled straight out of Awakening's version of the weapon with dragon effectiveness and a boost to Def and Res. Valflame would more likely be based on Awakening's version of Valflame rather than Naga.

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Naga's effect is literally pulled straight out of Awakening's version of the weapon with dragon effectiveness and a boost to Def and Res. Valflame would more likely be based on Awakening's version of Valflame rather than Naga.

Valflame could always be the first Tome with built in Close Counter.

41 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

why Elincia's attacking voice sounds like 7 year old child about to cry while her talking sounds like much older ?

sorry if i make it unhearable

That can be fixed by using the Japanese audio instead.