Focus: Dauntless Crimeans

SatsumaFSoysoy

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That can be fixed by using the Japanese audio instead.

I'd honestly love to have Japanese audio with English text, because when I switch the language I can't read a stinking thing.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She is the most contorted of GHBs, but as I said- Robin is also Grima. Until we are shown otherwise, she must be interpreted like that because all the other GHBs are villains in some capacity.

By that logic, male Robin should've been a GHB too then.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Naga's effect is literally pulled straight out of Awakening's version of the weapon with dragon effectiveness and a boost to Def and Res. Valflame would more likely be based on Awakening's version of Valflame rather than Naga.

Huh, I never noticed that. It still has a connection to the bonuses it gives in Genealogy, so I just assumed that was where they got it, but sure enough, it's literally just a scaled down version of its Awakening appearance. Of course, Tyrfing didn't exactly get the same treatment, but its +4 Def at lower health works better for Heroes anyway, and it's not like it follows its original appearance in Genealogy either. Built-in Death Blow 2 or modified Defiant Attack seem most likely for Valflame then, but both have already been used for weapons, so I'm not sure if they'll repeat those effects or not. It's also possible that they could take a few liberties like with Tyrfing and give it a variant of Swift Sparrow, or perhaps have it boost Atk as well as either Def or Res for something a bit closer to Genealogy. 

This is all pure guesswork, but there's definitely a lot of options they could go with.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

By that logic, male Robin should've been a GHB too then.

Yes he has/had (there are two Robins to take seperate roles) the potential for it, but it dosen't follow that he must of been. It's that F Robin works as a GHB not that she and/or her counterpart absolutely had to be a GHB. 

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Huh, I never noticed that. It still has a connection to the bonuses it gives in Genealogy, so I just assumed that was where they got it, but sure enough, it's literally just a scaled down version of its Awakening appearance. Of course, Tyrfing didn't exactly get the same treatment, but its +4 Def at lower health works better for Heroes anyway, and it's not like it follows its original appearance in Genealogy either. Built-in Death Blow 2 or modified Defiant Attack seem most likely for Valflame then, but both have already been used for weapons, so I'm not sure if they'll repeat those effects or not. It's also possible that they could take a few liberties like with Tyrfing and give it a variant of Swift Sparrow, or perhaps have it boost Atk as well as either Def or Res for something a bit closer to Genealogy. 

This is all pure guesswork, but there's definitely a lot of options they could go with.

Like a tome version of Durandal? I'd expect Forblaze to to have that effect instead of Valflame. As for the banner itself, I'll try to roll for Elincia. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Like a tome version of Durandal? I'd expect Forblaze to to have that effect instead of Valflame. 

Potentially, but since Naga's effect is based on its Awakening incarnation (+2 Def/Res when attacked based on +5 Def/Res in Awakening), giving Valflame Death Blow 2 would fit better with its own Awakening version (+4 Atk when attacking based on +5 Atk in Awakening). Tyrfing got a version of Defiant Defense instead though (+4 Def when HP is below 50% compared to +5 Res in Awakening), which is why I considered a version of Defiant Attack or a double Blow skill to be options as well, since those would be taking more liberties. Looking at Forblaze, it gives +5 Luck, so they could really do anything with it; maybe a lowered Special cooldown or +10 to Special damage with legendary weapon Mt, to parallel the Luck increase. Again though, this is just guessing on my part.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Potentially, but since Naga's effect is based on its Awakening incarnation (+2 Def/Res when attacked based on +5 Def/Res in Awakening), giving Valflame Death Blow 2 would fit better with its own Awakening version (+4 Atk when attacking based on +5 Atk in Awakening). Tyrfing got a version of Defiant Defense instead though (+4 Def when HP is below 50% compared to +5 Res in Awakening), which is why I considered a version of Defiant Attack or a double Blow skill to be options as well, since those would be taking more liberties. Looking at Forblaze, it gives +5 Luck, so they could really do anything with it; maybe a lowered Special cooldown or +10 to Special damage with legendary weapon Mt, to parallel the Luck increase. Again though, this is just guessing on my part.

I just hope Valflame isn't stuck with a crappy effect or I'll be burning a Tharja in October. The tome itself having CC or Heavy Blade built-in would be ideal but I'd be happy with Death Blow 2 or Swift Sparrow 2 as well. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just hope Valflame isn't stuck with a crappy effect or I'll be burning a Tharja in October. The tome itself having CC or Heavy Blade built-in would be ideal but I'd be happy with Death Blow 2 or Swift Sparrow 2 as well. 

Same here. The only 5-star red mage I've ever pulled is Tharja, and I've gotten her twice now off-banner. I'm planning on promoting a Lilina out of spite (already sacrificed the first 5-star Tharja to her too, also out of spite). Getting a (hopefully) good red mage for free with Arvis would be great, since I can't seem to pull any decent ones. Well, Tharja's good, I just don't like her compared to every other 5-star red mage.

I wonder if the reason Amiti is so surprisingly powerful is that it's being released after the CYL banner raised the bar for ultimate weapons, and that all future legendary weapons are being made stronger than the pre-CYL ones to keep up.

The power creep of CYL raised the question of how they could make future banners stand out as much as past ones have, and Amiti sure looks like an answer.

Edited by Othin

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder if the reason Amiti is so surprisingly powerful is that it's being released after the CYL banner raised the bar for ultimate weapons, and that all future legendary weapons are being made stronger than the pre-CYL ones to keep up.

The power creep of CYL raised the question of how they could make future banners stand out as much as past ones have, and Amiti sure looks like an answer.

Well afaik it follows the line of what to expect with a legendary brave sword but with an added effect (that happens to lower it's downside.)  On the one hand brave is pretty much an effect in and of itself so stat +3 and main effect seems in line with CYL. On the other hand I'll never claim to know their intentions and I can see reasons and precedents to effectively add an extra effect onto dire thunder. But I don't really know how strong a +3 stat or brave effect is relative to others nor have knowledge of the meta game so I'll leave that side to those better suited 

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Same here. The only 5-star red mage I've ever pulled is Tharja, and I've gotten her twice now off-banner. I'm planning on promoting a Lilina out of spite (already sacrificed the first 5-star Tharja to her too, also out of spite). Getting a (hopefully) good red mage for free with Arvis would be great, since I can't seem to pull any decent ones. Well, Tharja's good, I just don't like her compared to every other 5-star red mage.

I've pulled a few Tharjas but none of them at 5-star rarity; not even when she was a focus unit. As for other 5-star red mages, Katarina, Lilina, Sophia and recently, Leo. 

Back to tooic, I hope Elincia isn't as noodle-armed as Caeda. 

2 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Well afaik it follows the line of what to expect with a legendary brave sword but with an added effect (that happens to lower it's downside.)  On the one hand brave is pretty much an effect in and of itself so stat +3 and main effect seems in line with CYL. On the other hand I'll never claim to know their intentions and I can see reasons and precedents to effectively add an extra effect onto dire thunder. But I don't really know how strong a +3 stat or brave effect is relative to others nor have knowledge of the meta game so I'll leave that side to those better suited 

Yeah. Dire Thunder is Brave with +2 Mt compared to ranged brave, while Amiti is +3 Mt and +3 Spd compared to melee brave.

Dire Thunder is one of the strangest ultimate weapons (it and now Amiti are the only ones to give up Mt for a better added effect) and also one of the most powerful. But I wouldn't expect a melee brave ultimate weapon designed the same way as Dire Thunder to be anywhere near as powerful, because being ranged (and magic) is such a huge boon. So I definitely think adding extra benefits to a brave tome over already being like Dire Thunder would be too much (at least under normal circumstances), and while a sword wouldn't be on the same level... it still seems odd.

What'll really prove it is if the pattern continues, though. I don't think the Black Knight counts since he won't be on a banner, but next time we get a regular new banner (probably mid-October, since we'll likely get a Halloween banner before that), we can see if it has any legendary weapons that seem similarly power creeped.

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Excluding Tyrfing, haven't most of the new legendary weapons been stronger than the launch ones even if you consider the CYL weapons as special cases? Cymbeline and Tyrfing are probably the "weakest", but Sieglinde and Siegmunde are definitely good, 16 MT Killing Edge is nice with Mystletainn, Dire Thunder being the first Brave legendary and first Brave tome is definitely powerful, Naga is basically a ranged Binding Blade, but with effectiveness to dragons, Ragnarok is probably the second strongest legendary tome even though -blade tomes are probably better, Dark Excalibur is good as a legendary ranged Wo Dao, Dark Aura's +6 attack buff to adjacent allies is good as well, Cursed Lance and Vidofnir are awesome, and Nidhogg isn't exceptional, but still pretty good considering its competition are Fujin Yumi and Parthia which Innes or another high resistance archer would have made better use of than Jeorge. Also, Regal Blade's situational effect is still pretty good.

I think the main issue is that some legendary weapons will inherently be stronger than others like unless you give Fujin Yumi another effect, it will never be as good as Nidhogg or Parthia. This is also not factoring how some weapons got screwed over with meh effects like Tyrfing having +4 defense during combat at <= 50% HP isn't as good as +3 defense at all times or +2 defense/resistance when attacked or that some units have stats that don't really do extremely well with their legendary weapon like =Res Jeorge with Warding Blow 3 only hits 32 resistance which characters like Faye, Innes, and Niles have as their base resistance or higher in Niles' case. +Res Jeorge would have 25 resistance, so +10 from Parthia and Warding Blow 3 would only give him 35 which isn't that great compared to if Innes had Parthia, he'd hit 41 resistance with Warding Blow 3. At that point, you could go with Mirror Strike 2 to get +4 attack and Innes would only drop to 39 resistance or go with Swift Sparrow 2 for +4 Atk/Spd/Res which would give Innes 53 Atk, 38 Spd, and 35 Res on initiation.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah. Dire Thunder is Brave with +2 Mt compared to ranged brave, while Amiti is +3 Mt and +3 Spd compared to melee brave.

Dire Thunder is one of the strangest ultimate weapons (it and now Amiti are the only ones to give up Mt for a better added effect) and also one of the most powerful. But I wouldn't expect a melee brave ultimate weapon designed the same way as Dire Thunder to be anywhere near as powerful, because being ranged (and magic) is such a huge boon. So I definitely think adding extra benefits to a brave tome over already being like Dire Thunder would be too much (at least under normal circumstances), and while a sword wouldn't be on the same level... it still seems odd.

What'll really prove it is if the pattern continues, though. I don't think the Black Knight counts since he won't be on a banner, but next time we get a regular new banner (probably mid-October, since we'll likely get a Halloween banner before that), we can see if it has any legendary weapons that seem similarly power creeped.

A bit confused on if we are agreeing that the mt is on track or not. (For reference I wasn't going by braves I was going on that both are the effect(s) on top of base sliver) Mainly just want to know I'm not totally off base. But yeah It is pretty odd. As a side note I could see them intentionally laying off on an added effect for dire thunder for portrayal reasons but who really knows.

Well my game just updated and there's four new units in the catalogue so data mined stats when? I'm really curious to see how all 4 (Black Knight Included) are gonna be. 

Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-80%.\n(Skill cannot be inherited.)

So the black knight has eclipse. That's terrifying with steady breath.

Edited by predator_21476

It looks like Alondite is confirmed to have Distant Counter.  I'll finally have a 5* Red for my Armor team.

I guess it hasn't been confirmed, but I'm guessing that we'll we an exact repeat of the first Tellius Banner for our 40% TT units and have the 3 new Tellius units as the 20% plus the Black Knight.

Edited by Rezzy

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It looks like Alondite is confirmed to have Distant Counter.  I'll finally have a 5* Red for my Armor team.

I guess it hasn't been confirmed, but I'm guessing that we'll we an exact repeat of the first Tellius Banner for our 40% TT units and have the 3 new Tellius units as the 20% plus the Black Knight.

Neat. Good thing I held off on upgrading Zephiel. Should have saved one more Draug for Ward Armour but he is fairly common

i'm thinking 40% would be Ike, Titania, Elincia and either Soren or Brave Ike. Mist a big maybe but i feel as a healer she's more the 20% category

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Gonna spoiler this since it's datamined:

Spoiler

Looking at the leaked TT opening, I think you're right on the money since Ike, Mist and Titania are involved in it. The more cynical side of me was predicting that they'd put Ike+ the 3 new PoR units as the 40% to push people to pull for them, while Soren, Titania, Mist and the BK would be the 20% unit.

Uh... Oscar might actually be really good...

Spoiler

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7075wo/new_banner_and_black_knight_unit_stats/

Oscar's screenshot shows him with 40 HP, 33 Atk, 34 Spd, 26 Def, and 21 Res which totals to 154 BST. He's faster than Peri by 1 speed and 33 Atk and 34 speed means he would have the best offensive stat spread of all the melee cavaliers.

Edit:

Elincia supposedly has 35 HP, 34 Atk, 36 Spd, 24 Def, and 27 Res which totals to 156 BST. Basically Tana, but with a legendary Brave Sword instead of an awesome defensive lance.

Nephenee supposedly has 37 HP, 31 Atk, 35 Spd, 34 Def, and 20 Res which totals to 157 BST. That's basically Sharena, but with less HP and resistance for higher speed and much higher defense.

And just for you BST checkers, the Black Knight does have 169 BST, so nothing wrong. He's like Draug, but with less HP and defense for higher attack, speed, and resistance for that matter.

Edited by Kaden

They'll drip feed us oscar and the remaining Greil Mercs like how they drip fed us the villagers from Ram. Also I don't get the perspective that the black knight needs an epic GHB. I think it's plenty more fitting we'll fight him a hundred times as the boss of the next TT. 

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Uh... Oscar might actually be really good...

Oscar was always good to me.  Looks like 33 Atk 34 Spd, if my math is correct.

Boy, Elincia looks broken.  I thought her Atk would be a bit lower, since she wasn't exactly a powerhouse in her games.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Boy, Elincia looks broken.  I thought her Atk would be a bit lower, since she wasn't exactly a powerhouse in her games.

Her stats seem like they're based on her radiant dawn appearance because her with Amiti in that game was an absolute monster. Her strength and speed growths in that game were quite good with pretty bad defences. 

1 minute ago, predator_21476 said:

Her stats seem like they're based on her radiant dawn appearance because her with Amiti in that game was an absolute monster. Her strength and speed growths in that game were quite good with pretty bad defences. 

Well, I'll definitely be pulling for a good Elincia.  She'll be on my Flyer Emblem team, so I'll have to get one that isn't -Atk.

I'll need Oscar, too.  I was planning to get him anyway, but he looks pretty good with a nice offensive spread.  I'll probably end up getting Nephenee, too looking for Oscar.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Damn, Elincia! And damn Oscar too! They both look spectacular stat-wise! Oscar with Fury or L&D sounds scary as shit.

It's funny how people wrote off Oscar as the crappy unit, but if those stats are true, he's arguably the best offensive lance cavalier now.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oscar was always good to me.  Looks like 33 Atk 34 Spd, if my math is correct.

Yeah, I edited my post to include their base stats without weapons. I expected Elincia to be at best, matching Cordelia. Assuming her stats are true, she exceeded that by having Cordelia/Tana's offensive spread, but with a legendary Brave Sword. Caeda is basically in a very niche role now since high speed Brave Sword was done by her and Palla should probably just stick with being the Ruby Sword or Wo Dao sword flier since Elincia trumps her as a Brave Sword unit and any future sword flier with ~35 attack would trump her as a well, especially if they're a very physically tanky flier as well.