Focus: Dauntless Crimeans

SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, Rezzy said:

Well, I'll definitely be pulling for a good Elincia.  She'll be on my Flyer Emblem team, so I'll have to get one that isn't -Atk.

I'll need Oscar, too.  I was planning to get him anyway, but he looks pretty good with a nice offensive spread.  I'll probably end up getting Nephenee, too looking for Oscar.

I'm looking to get Elincia and Nephenee both of them are some of my favourite units from those games. I may end up spending some money on them because they also seem really good. That power creep is hitting pretty hard now.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

It's funny how people wrote off Oscar as the crappy unit, but if those stats are true, he's arguably the best offensive lance cavalier now.

Yeah, I edited my post to include their base stats without weapons. I expected Elincia to be at best, matching Cordelia. Assuming her stats are true, she exceeded that by having Cordelia/Tana's offensive spread, but with a legendary Brave Sword. Caeda is basically in a very niche role now since high speed Brave Sword was done by her and Palla should probably just stick with being the Ruby Sword or Wo Dao sword flier since Elincia trumps her as a Brave Sword unit and any future sword flier with ~35 attack would trump her as a well, especially if they're a very physically tanky flier as well.

I like all these Tellius characters, but the power creep is concerning.  Even without the legendary weapon, Elincia blows the other Reds out of the water.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I like all these Tellius characters, but the power creep is concerning.  Even without the legendary weapon, Elincia blows the other Reds out of the water.

In honestly I'm more concerned with her C-slot in terms of powercreep than her actual spread. 100% winning matchups wouldn't actually matter if you can't get to them. That said, C-slot is a great place for secondary mobility skills, since it interferes with buff stacking.

Edit: It's basically a very strict +1 move ability, and, assuming it's inheritable, would give flying mages the same reach as Reinhardt.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It's funny how people wrote off Oscar as the crappy unit, but if those stats are true, he's arguably the best offensive lance cavalier now.

I'd say Camus is still better due to built-in DC, but Oscar could definitely be no. 2, yeah.

I wouldn't worry too much about the power creep, guys. IS said in an interview that they're looking into ways to help the earlier units remain good/useful/whatever.

Good lord at Elincia's spread.  I thought for sure she'd have at least sub-30 Atk.  I'll still be using Caeda, but...damn.

I'm hoping BK is the TT reward.  Saves me the mandatory 20K feathers for who will be an easy contender for the best free unit in the game.  That kit is ridiculous.

Just now, DLNarshen said:

Good lord at Elincia's spread.  I thought for sure she'd have at least sub-30 Atk.  I'll still be using Caeda, but...damn.

I'm hoping BK is the TT reward.  Saves me the mandatory 20K feathers for who will be an easy contender for the best free unit in the game.  That kit is ridiculous.

I'd still put Camus above him most due to Camus having a standout player phase at the cost of a worse enemy phase (since Camus does not have Burger King's bulk).

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

In honestly I'm more concerned with her C-slot in terms of powercreep than her actual spread. 100% winning matchups wouldn't actually matter if you can't get to them. That said, C-slot is a great place for secondary mobility skills, since it interferes with buff stacking.

Edit: It's basically a very strict +1 move ability, and, assuming it's inheritable, would give flying mages the same reach as Reinhardt.

Isn't Elincia's warp skill a B slot skill?  It will keep her from running desperation.

I'm 95% sure it's actually a B slot skill. (Think the explanation I heard is that it moves her not other units like tana's which made be think it was C at first too)

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't Elincia's warp skill a B slot skill?  It will keep her from running desperation.

Oh, so it is. I guess I just saw the guidance looking icon and assumed it's C-slot for some reason. That makes it a lot better.

(The thing about desperation is that you don't need it if you can either a: OHKO, or b: survive the counter, and Elicina has the spread to make either requirement trivial.)

Edit: @goodperson707 Yeah, it is a B-skill, dunno why I thought it was C.

Edited by DehNutCase

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd say Camus is still better due to built-in DC, but Oscar could definitely be no. 2, yeah.

I wouldn't worry too much about the power creep, guys. IS said in an interview that they're looking into ways to help the earlier units remain good/useful/whatever.

In terms of using a Brave Lance or Firesweep Lance to kill units without taking damage, Oscar is arguably the best, but that costs him speed or the ability to counter which means he wouldn't be good on enemy phase which is to be expected. You would also, like Peri, need to inherit either of those lances while Camus has Gradivus by default. Camus has good player and enemy phase, especially with Gradivus, but he's still a GHB unit who can't have +Atk or +Spd like Oscar can.

If his stats are really true, then if you want pure offense, it's Oscar, Peri, and then Abel and Roderick. If you want a flexible, powerful lance cavalier, it's probably Camus hands with Oscar, Roderick, and Abel following since Peri's pretty specialized to mage tanking. Mage tanks would probably be Mathilda, Peri, Jagen -- stupid old man BST screwing him over --, and Berkut; and physical tanks would be Camus and whatever order, Berkut, Clive, and spring Xander. That's just what I think and am guessing on.

Edited by Kaden

In terms of using a Brave Lance or Firesweep Lance to kill units without taking damage, Oscar is arguably the best, but that costs him speed or the ability to counter which means he wouldn't be good on enemy phase which is to be expected. You would also, like Peri, need to inherit either of those lances while Camus has Gradivus by default. Camus has good player and enemy phase, especially with Gradivus, but he's still a GHB unit who can't have +Atk or +Spd like Oscar can.

If his stats are really true, then if you want pure offense, it's Oscar, Peri, and then Abel and Roderick. If you want a flexible, powerful lance cavalier, it's probably Camus hands with Oscar, Roderick, and Abel following since Peri's pretty specialized to mage tanking. Mage tanks would probably be Mathilda, Peri, Jagen -- stupid old man BST screwing him over --, and Berkut, and physical tanks would be Camus and whatever order, Berkut, Clive, and spring Xander. That's just what I think and guessing on.

Yeah, fair points. I guess Oscar is more or less on par with Camus then.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If his stats are really true, then if you want pure offense, it's Oscar, Peri, and then Abel and Roderick. If you want a flexible, powerful lance cavalier, it's probably Camus hands with Oscar, Roderick, and Abel following since Peri's pretty specialized to mage tanking. Mage tanks would probably be Mathilda, Peri, Jagen -- stupid old man BST screwing him over --, and Berkut; and physical tanks would be Camus and whatever order, Berkut, Clive, and spring Xander. That's just what I think and am guessing on.

In terms of pure offenses Camus is actually comparable with Peri---he has more defense so he can take Luna rather than Escutcheon, since he can leverage the bulk to survive crap Peri would get OHKOd by. (Mind, he'll need fort cav, so he needs more support, but a well min-maxed defensive spread lets you run offensive skills to survive the first round of compared unlike res dominant glass-cannons who basically need escutcheon or they'll explode.)

Edit: I tested with +Atk/-Nothing Peri versus default Camus, L&D, no B-slot, +6 all stats for both, and either escutcheon or Moonbow pulse for Peri and either Luna or Moonbow Pulse for Camus. Their numbers end up very similar vs. default enemies.

Edited by DehNutCase

17 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

BK being this month's TT reward is very likely unless IS decides to have 2 non-daily Hero Battles at once again like they did with F!Robin and Navarre's first reruns.

After F!Robin's rerun is the Ninian+Hawkeye BHB. Afterwards, there's Clarisse's rerun during the PoR TT.

There's also BK being the boss unit in the PoR TT based on the TT cutscene dialogue. Reinhardt users will have a field day.

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

In terms of pure offenses Camus is actually comparable with Peri---he has more defense so he can take Luna rather than Escutcheon, since he can leverage the bulk to survive crap Peri would get OHKOd by. (Mind, he'll need fort cav, so he needs more support, but a well min-maxed defensive spread lets you run offensive skills to survive the first round of compared unlike res dominant glass-cannons who basically need escutcheon or they'll explode.)

Yeah, I kind of left him out since Camus can actually do something else other than use Brave Lance and Firesweep Lance because of Gradivus. I said that Camus was probably the most flexible as his player and enemy phase is good compared to Oscar, Peri, Abel, and Roderick mainly being good for player phase.

Edited by Kaden

Yeah, I kind of left him out since Camus can actually do something else other than use Brave Lance and Firesweep because of Gradivus. I said that Camus was probably the most flexible as his player and enemy phase is good compared to Oscar, Peri, Abel, and Roderick mainly being good for player phase.

The one downside of Camus is that Odin of all people can Reliably OHKO him, lul. That min-maxedness gives him trouble vs. mages if he isn't in vantage range.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

The one downside of Camus is that Odin of all people can Reliably OHKO him, lul. That min-maxedness gives him trouble vs. mages if he isn't in vantage range.

Well, that's one edge Peri has over Camus. :p

Anyway, it's really sinking in that we have a lot of lance units, especially lance cavaliers, now. Meanwhile, greens, the natural and endangered enemy of blues who also roflstomp them. Well, Reinhardt does, but he roflstomps 99% of the cast.

29 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'd still put Camus above him most due to Camus having a standout player phase at the cost of a worse enemy phase (since Camus does not have Burger King's bulk).

On a horse-centric team absolutely.  Otherwise I feel that BK's superior everything statwise and exclusive OP special will give him more flexibility.  "Just use Hector", except actually reasonable for most people.  

1 minute ago, DLNarshen said:

On a horse-centric team absolutely.  Otherwise I feel that BK's superior everything statwise and exclusive OP special will give him more flexibility.  "Just use Hector", except actually reasonable for most people.  

+2 move is a damn lot of flexibility, it makes his assists (particularly reposition) better and it makes his C-slot generic buffs better, due to easier position requirements.

Edit: Horse units are great support units even outside horse teams, because mobility always matters. And this is ignoring the fact that +1 or +2 move makes their player phase significantly better.

Edited by DehNutCase

+2 move is a damn lot of flexibility, it makes his assists (particularly reposition) better and it makes his C-slot generic buffs better, due to easier position requirements.

Edit: Horse units are great support units even outside horse teams, because mobility always matters. And this is ignoring the fact that +1 or +2 move makes their player phase significantly better.

All fair points.  At the very least he'll be a great boon in the arena for those of us without merges out the rear.

This sucks. I've been waiting for a Radiant Dawn banner since the game came out, and these are the characters we get. I like Elincia, but I'm not going to try and get her. Where the fluff is Micaiah and her Dawn Brigade fam?

Edited by SSbardock84

15 hours ago, Raijinto said:

I'm gonna say that's probably Luna. IIRC the Black Knight had Luna and Renewal in PoR, and Eclipse is just called Luna in the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn. Luna also has a cooldown of three in Heroes, so it fits there as well.

I ran the calculations again, it can't be Luna.

In the FEH Brave Heroes spotlight, Black Knight does 25 base damage to Brave Ike on a counterattack. HOWEVER, his special adds enough damage to kill Ike in one hit.

Luna only adds enough damage to leave Ike with ONE hp.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I ran the calculations again, it can't be Luna.

In the FEH Brave Heroes spotlight, Black Knight does 25 base damage to Brave Ike on a counterattack. HOWEVER, his special adds enough damage to kill Ike in one hit.

Luna only adds enough damage to leave Ike with ONE hp.

Did you run the calculations with the -80% defence with the exclusive skill that he gets?