SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Trying to escape from the reputation of "at least one murder per week", I see

Just one a week?  They averaged like two a day last year.

3 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

Yes! Elincia has arrived, and with Amiti to boot. If her Attack is even half-decent she's going to be a monster on the offensive. I'm not a fan of her art (I prefer her RD design), and her voice just sounds too...subdued, I suppose. A little higher pitch and especially more energy put into the lines would make her near perfect IMO. Definitely going to work towards getting her.

Nephenee looks like an absolute terror of a unit. 1-charge Moonbow combined with Wrath means she can easily proc it twice in one battle. Combine with Vantage 3 and she'd be a pain to kill without ranged units (Julia waves hello). Her voice isn't as rural as I thought it'd be, not that I really know what a rural accent sounds like.

Oscar looks soundly mediocre. He's probably going to be cav-Subaki, right down to being good for SI.

I'm actually really looking forward to Oscar.  He's one of my favorite units from PoR.

Oscar is a weird addition for a new character. I thought blue lance cavalries would receive a bit of a break after receiving so many in such a short amount of time. Kieran would fit in better with the Crimia theme and give axe cavalry another spot

I'm somewhat relieved about Elincia. I thought she'd be getting the Lachesis treatment and yet another healer.

Nephenee is ok. Looks good, but not someone i'm exited about.

Just pointing this out, this confirms the leak that was posted two weeks ago was real.

Here's the full timeline:

One month ago, a guy posted on Reddit two things:

1. There would be a "mini-tempest trial" in September

2. There would be a "Narcian + whitewings" event.

Everyone blew him off at first, but then both of those predictions came true.

Then, two weeks ago, he predicted the following:

1. There would be a Path of Radiance banner, featuring Elincia, Oscar, and Nephenee

2. The Black Knight is the full tempest trial reward

3. The next GHB will be Alvis, in October

4. There will be an FE4 banner in October

5. L'archel is not coming for "at least 2 more months" 

In fact, I posted these predictions in the mega thread two weeks ago.

Now, this still isn't confirmed, but this guy has hit 3 for 3 so far, so I think it's safe to say this leak may be legit.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

This better not be real. They better not be chickening out of giving us a Black Knight GHB!

Tempest rewards are better.

I'm only reporting what they've said. I am also disappointed by no GHB this month.

But yeah, at least we'll have some idea of what he'll be like when he shows up in the story missions.

On discussing the actual units,

Elinicia herself is a big question mark, since it's entirely possible she'll be statistically like Caeda: 25 att/ 36 spd. Something along those lines.

That would only give her 36 attack with Amiti, (42 with death blow) basically making her a second Olwen (awesome brave weapon, very low attack)

What worries me is flier formation. That will be NASTY.

Nephenee's Attack could be anywhere from 40-42. Because Moonbow added 7 damage to her attack (thanks lack of triggering of Wrath!), that means the enemy has anywhere from 24-26 Defense if he is taking 32 damage from a TA3 boosted attack.

The others I can't calculate properly. No skills or passives are available for me to deduce what the enemies Defense could be, and because the enemy are generic it's impossible to know what the value could be beforehand. Best guess, Oscar has good enough attack and Ellincia has slightly below average attack.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

I'm only reporting what they've said. I am also disappointed by no GHB this month.

But yeah, at least we'll have some idea of what he'll be like when he shows up in the story missions.

I'm not so concerned about the lack/delay of the GHB as much as 'the Black Knight deserves nothing less than the hardest Infernal GHB challenge to ever exist', which admittedly puts a damper on the devs trying.

BEST QUEEN <3 FINALLY! 

Obviously will be pulling for Elincia and possible Oscar, cause horse emblem. 

Was hoping Elincia would get released with her retainers, so I'm a bit disappointed there, cause now I have no idea when they'll be coming.

9 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

That would be... unfortunate. 26-28 att is not what I was hoping for.

That'd actually be better. Because Slaying Lance+ is 14 might, 28 attack would become 42. But she has Attack/Speed +2, and since she seems to have all her skills equipped in the video, she's more likely to have around 24-26 attack. My guess, she will rely on Wrath, Moonbow, Slaying Lance+, and her own Speed stat plus being counterattacked to be doing most of her damage.

I also punched in the Elincia you predicted...

12 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Elinicia herself is a big question mark, since it's entirely possible she'll be statistically like Caeda: 25 att/ 36 spd. Something along those lines.

That would only give her 36 attack with Amiti, (42 with death blow) basically making her a second Olwen (awesome brave weapon, very low attack)

What worries me is flier formation. That will be NASTY.

If she is doing 20 damage per Death Blow boosted attack, the enemy Sword Infantry only has 22 defense. That doesn't seem right, most Sword Infantries in the game have at least 25 or 28 defense, if not more.

Edited by Xenomata

I like these characters, but this is probably the most random banner yet. Sure they're all from PoR and Crimeans, but the selection feels poorly thought through. You can do tons of themed banners regarding Tellius but it doesn't feel like there's much of a connection. Elincia without her loyal knights? Oscar not part of a second GM banner? And only three characters that cover two colors? Weird, very weird. 

I'll probably pull for one of them (hopefully Neph) but this is the least hyped I've been for a banner so far. 

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

@Anacybele LOOK WHO IT IS

Maybe I'll pull for Elincia, but I don't need anyone on this banner LOL

What I really need is some death blow fodder for Tryhardt

Yeah, ELINCIA! :D And whoa she has DEATH BLOW. And her weapon is only spd-2 instead of -5, holy moly. Also, that other skill of hers, Flier Formation? I knew she'd be prime material for a flier team! I also like her art! Looks to be the same artist that Linde got and I like that one. It's rather ironic that Elincia has Death Blow though, because in her own games, she had Mercy, which prevented her from actually killing people. lol

I'm pulling for her for sure.

Also Oscar looks great! Lancebreaker, in the same vein that regular Ike has Swordbreaker? Awesome. His voice is a bit awkward, but acceptable. The art is nice too.

Nephenee's voice is terrible though. She's supposed to have a southern accent, and there's not one there. I get that she tries to hide it, but it clearly shows up in her text.

What I don't like is that that leaker turned out to be right. I really did not want Nephenee on this banner, I hoped she'd be the Tempest reward instead. Now I have to fear pulling her instead of Oscar. I don't want her or care for her, I just want my Crimean Pegasus princess and my squinty eyed lance knight. Also, would it have been a crime to give us one of Oscar's brothers or Kieran instead of Nephenee? xP And also, Black Knight should've really been a GHB. Poor decision on IS's part not to make him one. He begs for a battle like this.

Also, why is this banner just three characters instead of four? I don't understand.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If she is doing 20 damage per Death Blow boosted attack, the enemy Sword Infantry only has 20 defense. That doesn't seem right, most Sword Infantries in the game have at least 25 or 28 defense, if not more.

Interesting... well, that's one patch of good news.

8 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Interesting... well, that's one patch of good news.

Let's just pray for the queen. Without Death Blow she's only doing 14 damage to that Sword Infantry, which while good twice in a row is about the same damage a Berserker might do with a fly swatter. She is probably going to NEED an Attack boon to be worth anything.

Also, can I say I like Nephenee's voice? It really sounds like she is trying to sound refined despite being a common village girl. Or wait is she a farm girl? She's some sort of girl from the country, but it just sounds like she is trying to sound like she isn't, but she still struggles.

I also just noticed that whatever Black Knight's Special is, it has a cooldown of 3. Whether that means it's Bonfire or not remains to be seen. Also Brave Ike instead of regular Ike in the video. I wonder why...

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's either the 4th unit is a surprise, or IS is running out of ideas 

I doubt a fourth unit is there now, honestly. But it's still weird to me. Why couldn't Kieran or Boyd be there too? We DO need more greens.

Aww, I was really hoping Brom would be added along with Nephenee. I figured it was a huuuuuuuge long shot, but I can't help but feel somewhat disappointed. He could have been a Green unit! Oh well, maybe with Meg in Radiant Dawn.

I might try getting Elincia or Nephenee, I like them and they look good.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I doubt a fourth unit is there now, honestly. But it's still weird to me. Why couldn't Kieran or Boyd be there too? We DO need more greens.

Well that's the thing, if people needed a green unit they could've chose Brave Ike, who is probably now one of the better green units in the game anyway heh

We also all got Legion for free so I guess they said "eh screw it"

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's either the 4th unit is a surprise, or IS is running out of ideas 

I feel like there should be an FE10 3-character banner to go along with this, but that feels very unlikely now. 

Yo what the hell, I made a create-a-hero thread hero of Nephenee, and gave her such similar skills. Spd +3 for A slot, and Luna instead of Moonbow, but even the other hero I made below her as the exact same kit as her real version. What a coincidence.

Anyways I'm guessing Nephenee will have a higher BST than 158 like Donnel, as a villager/trainee unit?

Also damn that Amiti is so good.

5 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I really, really hope wrath is infantry-locked.

Otherwise, Reinhardt can run wrath+ardent sacrifice (which only needs to be used once to put him below 75%)+QP for 1 cooldown Luna and Draconic Aura

No

We're all going to die

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Can't say I'm happy. What is it with them seriously cutting back on adding new characters?

Only three Crimeans? Yup, that's all the Crimeans left in the game. Why add Kieran, Geoffrey, Lucia, any of Boyd's brothers, Marcia, or even Bastion...

I have to admit, all through the trailer, I was expecting Geoffrey but would've been happy with any other guy. I'd've been annoyed by another girl, but I was expecting someone. It feels like the game is just going to be drowned by special characters 'cos they've reduced the GHBs and now the banner characters.

I don't know why they only have 3 units this time.  If they stayed with releasing 4, it would literally be years before they ran out of characters.

57 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Oscar is a weird addition for a new character. I thought blue lance cavalries would receive a bit of a break after receiving so many in such a short amount of time. Kieran would fit in better with the Crimia theme and give axe cavalry another spot

I'm somewhat relieved about Elincia. I thought she'd be getting the Lachesis treatment and yet another healer.

Nephenee is ok. Looks good, but not someone i'm exited about.

I don't know why they couldn't have Kieran along side the rest.  He has connections to all 3.  He's Oscar's rival, he's Elincia's loyal knight, and he was a prisoner together with Nephenee.