Focus: Dauntless Crimeans

SatsumaFSoysoy

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Not sure why everyone's so disappointed by only 1 banner of 3 units. That + BK from the next TT is 4 total, and since it's an older game I didn't except a big dump of units like for Echoes. Echoes getting multiple banners made more sense since they were still in the phase of both promoting and milking the new game.

And aside from not being interested in him, I wish they had picked somebody who could be green or colorless over Oscar, since having him spook Nephenee orbs and only red + blue being worthwhile this banner is a bit annoying.

The expected number of units for a game to get from getting both a banner and a TT is 5. If it also gets a GHB, that's 6. So 4 is a bit low.

Although I'm not sure what's expected anymore. Brave Heroes was weird in about every way, The Sacred World only had one character drop to 4* rather than the expected two, and Alm's/Celica's Army was two banners of three units. The most "normal" recent banner was Nohrian Summer, and the most recent fully "normal" non-seasonal banner was Echoes of Mystery. So who knows what's "normal" anymore.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

There's always the chance of a Geoffrey banner... I need to cling to some hope somewhere.

I hope this doesn't start a new trend. We're already getting fewer characters added in - we don't need less.

I could totally see a CRK banner with Geoffrey, Lucia, Kieran, and Marcia. Maybe sometime after the Dawn Bridgade gets released. Hopefully it won't be too long, but who knows.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

The expected number of units for a game to get from getting both a banner and a TT is 5. If it also gets a GHB, that's 6. So 4 is a bit low.

Although I'm not sure what's expected anymore. Brave Heroes was weird in about every way, The Sacred World only had one character drop to 4* rather than the expected two, and Alm's/Celica's Army was two banners of three units. The most "normal" recent banner was Nohrian Summer, and the most recent fully "normal" non-seasonal banner was Echoes of Mystery. So who knows what's "normal" anymore.

Yeah it seems like they're really just doing whatever they feel like at this point. I'm curious how weird banners will be for when Warriors comes out too.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

so if nephee is here. then black knight is the temple tempist reward?

It seems basically confirmed at this point.

1 minute ago, Elincia said:

I could totally see a CRK banner with Geoffrey, Lucia, Kieran, and Marcia. Maybe sometime after the Dawn Bridgade gets released. Hopefully it won't be too long, but who knows.

The only problem is that the banner makes entirely too much sense. Better throw together Marcia, Brom, Elena and Renning just to keep us guessing.

Or scrap Reinning since why would anyone want more than three people on their banners?

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

The banner only being three characters is unfortunate, but still, lot of cool stuff here. Should mean just one character will drop to 4*, so presumably that's Oscar.

Elincia in particular looks wild. Dire Thunder is already ridiculous enough at just +2 Mt compared to Brave Bow, so I'd expected Amiti and any other melee brave ultimate weapons would be 10 Mt and -5 Spd, but it's even better than that. It's not a ranged weapon or on a unit with 3 Move, but still. She'll be a monster with Desperation, and she already has Death Blow and Ardent Sacrifice built in, to easily set up that build. Her C skill comes at the price of not giving flier bonuses, but does she even need to grant bonuses with her allies when she can just take their bonuses and dart around annihilating everything herself?

Wrath looks really cool, but I don't have much use for infantry right now. Still, it's really cool to have it established as a thing now for future characters. Like a certain axe fighter.

I didn't think this banner would be enough to convince me to break from my plan of "spend current orbs on a last shot at Brave Lucina, then save the rest in case the expected Halloween banner has something cool", even if it had Elincia, but she's impressive enough to change my mind. I certainly hadn't been expecting her to be on a three-character banner, but that means this could be the easiest-ever chance at her, so it's hard to argue with that.

I guess the banner being only three characters does have one big benefit in making it easier to get the three characters on it, although I do worry about the precedent. But if we're getting a bunch of extra characters through the Warriors maps, that could be an understandable reason to cut back on other new characters for the month, both in the banner and in skipping the GHB.

Are there a bunch of characters to add for Warriors, or is it just the lemon drops?

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Not sure why everyone's so disappointed by only 1 banner of 3 units. That + BK from the next TT is 4 total, and since it's an older game I didn't except a big dump of units like for Echoes. Echoes getting multiple banners made more sense since they were still in the phase of both promoting and milking the new game.

And aside from not being interested in him, I wish they had picked somebody who could be green or colorless over Oscar, since having him spook Nephenee orbs and only red + blue being worthwhile this banner is a bit annoying.

I'm actually afraid of the BK being a TT reward. I was looking forward to what skill he come out with, but I'm now scared they'll go the Masked Lucina and just give him Alondite. Not to mention that it's much harder to get merge material for TT unit than for GHB units. We can now have a +4 of several GHB units while only Masked Marth can go beyond +1.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm also kind of dreading who'll they keep as 5* exclusive from this banner. The 5* exclusive roster was already pretty bloated compared to how it was when the game's release before the double SoV banners. But since then, we had 3 characters drop to 4-5* while 7 remained 5* exclusive. We'll see tomorrow what happens with the Brave Heroes, but I'm fully expecting all of them to remain 5*. And now, if this 3-man banner follow the previous trend, we'll have 1 unit drop to 4-5 while 2 remains 5* exclusive. If it turns out like this, it would mean that in the last 4 banners that introduced permanent units, 15 would remain 5* exclusives while only 4 joined the 4-5 pool, which would NOT be a good thing IMO. (With 41 5*, 46 4-5* and 49 3-4*, it would mean that 5* exclusives would make up 30% of the units in the summoning pool, 4-5 would make up 34% and 3-4 would make up 36%. Which means you'll have a really hard time getting the 5* exclusives you missed out on.)

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are there a bunch of characters to add for Warriors, or is it just the lemon drops?

I only know of two Warriors-exclusive characters, but I've heard speculation about certain characters getting Warriors versions with their alternate weapons that get highlighted in Heroes, such as Axe Lissa, Bow Sakura, and Tome Elise.

We should find out more when the update hits tonight and gets datamined, but my guess is that since the Warriors special maps will span 35 days, they'll have five new characters, with one being available each week.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I only know of two Warriors-exclusive characters, but I've heard speculation about certain characters getting Warriors versions with their alternate weapons that get highlighted in Heroes, such as Axe Lissa, Bow Sakura, and Tome Elise.

We should find out more when the update hits tonight and gets datamined, but my guess is that since the Warriors special maps will span 35 days, they'll have five new characters, with one being available each week.

Please no, we need new characters, not a third version of Elise.

Nephenee and Oscar look like 'normal' units, but that might just be because we just had the brave heroes.  

Elincia is being overhyped.  Don't get me wrong, Amiti has a potential to be amazing, but 4 more MT means nothing when she could still have 4 less attack.  And +3 speed means nothing if her speed is ~30 base.  Probably best to give her goad instead of hone since she can teleport with her B skill, I see a lot of people saying they're going to sac hinoka for her.

I'm always curios when they release only 3 characters.  Does this mean we get Zacharias finally?  Or does it mean the next banner will come sooner?  Will we get Warriors characters soon?

Edited by Lushen

Just now, Rezzy said:

Please no, we need new characters, not a third version of Elise.

Eh, if we get five free characters GHB-style, I'm not inclined to be too picky about who. Especially if one is another tome cavalry.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe axe Lissa as a first non-seasonal variant unit? I mean that'd be kinda neat, though I don't think I'll hold my breath on them adding her like that.

Edit: Oh I forgot about archer Sakura and tome Elise too. Maybe 1 banner would have the Warriors varient units, and the other would have he 2 MCs plus that other new guy they revealed recently. (some guy with dark hair, but I don't think he's even playable)

19 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm actually afraid of the BK being a TT reward. I was looking forward to what skill he come out with, but I'm now scared they'll go the Masked Lucina and just give him Alondite. Not to mention that it's much harder to get merge material for TT unit than for GHB units. We can now have a +4 of several GHB units while only Masked Marth can go beyond +1.

Masked Lucina with no skills was indeed annoying, but after Clive and Tobin I'm not very worried. And Lucina was a copy of an existing unit, so maybe they made her blank to not totally piss off people who pulled for regular Lucina. Clive and Tobin were both actual new units and didn't get that treatment, plus even if he comes with crappy skills off the bat like they did we'll just be fully SI'ing him anyway. Going by Masked Lucina I'd guess we'll see more copies of him in a future mini TT or something, so I don't see much issue.

And yeah the bloating 5* pool is kinda concerning. It feels increasingly hopeless to try and get a 5* unit that doesn't get banners often. (or something just missed like CYL Lucina..)

Edited by Alkaid

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Nephenee and Oscar look like 'normal' units, but that might just be because we just had the brave heroes.  

Elincia is being overhyped.  Don't get me wrong, Amiti has a potential to be amazing, but 4 more MT means nothing when she could still have 4 less attack.  And +3 speed means nothing if her speed is ~30 base.  Probably best to give her goad instead of hone since she can teleport with her B skill, I see a lot of people saying they're going to sac hinoka for her.

Less stat points in Atk or Spd means more stat points elsewhere, and it doesn't look like she's very lacking in either one based on the trailer. But we'll find out tonight.

I hadn't realized her flier skill was a B skill; I assumed it was a C skill like Tana's. That's interesting: conflicts with Desperation, but not with flier buffs.

Will orb for Elincia for sure. Art is okay, voice is great. I've got high hopes.

Neph seems okay but they totally botched the voice by not giving her the thickest country accent. Not a fan of Julie Ann Taylor either. 

Oscar looks eh, I might pull blue if his stats and other lines are good. 

This banner is weird and I'm not as excited as I should be despite Elincia's inclusion. No real connection between characters, three units total, two blues, etc. At least TT Black Knight means I save some feathers promoting him.

Wrath looks like it pairs best with a Brave weapon and a 3-cooldown special skill, though the +10 damage does help make up for Moonbow's low damage output (Moonbow on an enemy with 17 Def does the same damage as Bonfire running off of 30 Def).

If Wrath can be taught to bow users, that's a whole new level of absurd, considering most Brave Bow users have a flexible B slot.

Flier Formation is almost certainly going to be locked to flying units similarly to Guidance. I could see this being a useful skill for Cherche and Est since they don't really need an offensive B skill.

Oscar's skill set is not terribly impressive, but 4-star Lancebreaker 3 might finally be a possibility.

As for the art, Oscar's idle art is the one that bugs me the most since he looks so skinny as if he doesn't get enough food.

Nephenee's is spot on as we already saw in the Quick Hero Battle minigame.

I do think Kippu is an odd choice for Elincia, but it's not for the eyes. It's the puffy cheeks on her attack art. I also don't find Kippu's eyes problematic. Miyuu's eyes look weird because the irises are smaller, leaving more visible sclera, while also having sharp edges. Kippu's have large irises and are very round and bubbly, which is pretty much normal as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Maybe axe Lissa as a first non-seasonal variant unit? I mean that'd be kinda neat, though I don't think I'll hold my breath on them adding her like that.

Masked Lucina with no skills was indeed annoying, but after Clive and Tobin I'm not very worried. And Lucina was a copy of an existing unit, so maybe they made her blank to not totally piss off people who pulled for regular Lucina. Clive and Tobin were both actual new units and didn't get that treatment, plus even if he comes with crappy skills off the bat like they did we'll just be fully SI'ing him anyway. Going by Masked Lucina I'd guess we'll see more copies of him in a future mini TT or something, so I don't see much issue.

And yeah the bloating 5* pool is kinda concerning. It feels increasingly hopeless to try and get a 5* unit that doesn't get banners often. (or something just missed like CYL Lucina..)

Clive and Tobin don't have legendary weapons though while the BK (hopefully) does, so the devs could decide that they don't want to give him any other skills since they're giving away a 5* with a legendary weapon for free, since I think that's the more likely reason why they did so with Masked Lucina. Being the owner of a +6 Lucina, I wouldn't have been pissed that they gave away a free version of her since she'd never be as good being stuck to a neutral nature while mine is +Spd/-HP and has a high merge score.

I'm feeling broken right now since I spent 475 orbs on the last banner and B!Lucina refused to show up. Now I'll need a miracle to get her if all the CYL heroes remain 5* exclusive since we'll only have 0.03% chance of pulling an off-banner 5* exclusive hero.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oscar's skill set is not terribly impressive, but 4-star Lancebreaker 3 might finally be a possibility.

Good point, it seems a lot more likely than Spur Spd/Def dropping. Also either way, he should mean another double Rally available at 4*.

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

Less stat points in Atk or Spd means more stat points elsewhere, and it doesn't look like she's very lacking in either one based on the trailer. But we'll find out tonight.

I hadn't realized her flier skill was a B skill; I assumed it was a C skill like Tana's. That's interesting: conflicts with Desperation, but not with flier buffs.

Yea, she has a lot of potential, I'm just saying you can't assume.  Tobin has a lot of stat points, the amount of stat points rarely matters.  

Yea her B skill looks awesome, but I'm not sure if it's really for her.

46 minutes ago, Othin said:

Flier Formation is a self-mobility skill, so it's in the B slot. Guidance is a party-assist skill, so it's in the C slot.

I feel it has more synergy with Hone Fliers and Fortify Fliers than Goad Fliers and Ward Fliers because using Flier Formation's effect helps keep your units adjacent at the end of the turn.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Flier Formation is a self-mobility skill, so it's in the B slot. Guidance is a party-assist skill, so it's in the C slot.

I feel it has more synergy with Hone Fliers and Fortify Fliers than Goad Fliers and Ward Fliers because using Flier Formation's effect helps keep your units adjacent at the end of the turn.

Yeah, it makes sense in retrospect.

Elincia is going to be crazy good if her +Atk nature hits 29+. She is almost certainly going to have good Spd for quad attacking. Makes me feel bad for my +2 Caeda.

@Ice Dragon So the english says that Wrath lowers the cooldown by 1 at the start of the turn like Quickened Pulse, but it will be the start of every single turn while it's active? Is that how the Japanese says it?

That would be great since you could lower you HP and then run away until you get your special charged. 5 cooldown specials would be more viable on horses since they can kite infantry teams around.

Poor Oscar. He is going to be disappointing everyone when he shows up. We needed Boyd much more than him. This banner just further hurts the lack of greens.