Jedah help

So I'm at The part just before you enter Duma tower, where you have to fight Jedah. Just by looking at his stats, skills, and the fact that he has a dracoshield equiped, I am tell he's going to be very hard to kill. Any tips for killing him? Or do I just have to hold out for a certain number of turns?

I hope you have a bow user with a Killer Bow that has the skill or Ragnarock Omega on Celica.

Also you can only dmg him only 4 turns, so cheese him with a long range unit.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

I hope you have a bow user with a Killer Bow that has the skill or Ragnarock Omega on Celica.

Also you can only dmg him only 4 turns, so cheese him with a long range unit.

I do have a bow user, I just don't have a killer bow.

i also assumed that celica did not auto promote at Mila temple, and she was promoted before learning ragnarok.

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

I do have a bow user, I just don't have a killer bow.

You should have one, this is by far the best bow of the game just because of the skill.

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

i also assumed that celica did not auto promote at Mila temple, and she was promoted before learning ragnarok.

Actually the way you learn Ragnarock Omega is by forging the Golden Dagger into Beloved Zofia and then let Celica use it.

Yea this game hides the best weapon behind forging.

Well besides bow user and Ragnarok omega, one good option would be dread fighters, though at this point it'd be unlikely you have them. So a strat is send in all of your res tanks to get through the negation, and then on the 4th attack or whatever the cycle is have your strongest units deal damage to him and use Genny or another healer to heal everyone.

1 hour ago, Nym said:

You should have one, this is by far the best bow of the game just because of the skill.

Actually the way you learn Ragnarock Omega is by forging the Golden Dagger into Beloved Zofia and then let Celica use it.

Yea this game hides the best weapon behind forging.

damn, just spent my money forging. Looks like it's grinding time for me.

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

So I'm at The part just before you enter Duma tower, where you have to fight Jedah. Just by looking at his stats, skills, and the fact that he has a dracoshield equiped, I am tell he's going to be very hard to kill. Any tips for killing him? Or do I just have to hold out for a certain number of turns?

You don't have to kill Jedah in the weird swamp. Just like with Desaix the dracoshield is there to make him harder to kill, but also to show he's only an optional opponent. The dracoshield is nice though.

Ragnarok Omega is not really a good skill. Celica usually deals more damage by simply attacking twice with her regular spells. Also, if Cellica were to use Ragnarok Omega against Jedah, I'm pretty sure she would get killed by his counterattack. That skill costs a lot of HP and can only be used at 2 range.

Quite frankly, I would say the Beloved Sofia is a waste of valuable gold coins. It's other skills are Subdue and Swap, nothing that in any way compares to the Double Lion of Alm's Regal Sword. And being a Mage, Cellica doesn't get much of a benefit out of using a sword in the first place.

Anyway, as has been pointed out you don't actually have to defeat Jedah on this map in order to progress. But since you will have to fight him eventually this might be good practice.

Jedah's gimmick is that he will negate any attack thrown at him. Only every fourth attacker will be able to damage him. Note that I said every fourth attacker, not every fourth attack. Double attacks don't matter for this at all.

Since his attacks are crazy strong I would recommend to outrange him using the Mage Ring and your archers. You can simply trade the Mage Ring around for this. Once you are at your fourth attacker, make sure to hit him as hard as you can because this is the attack that actually counts.

Btw, when it comes to learning spells the game is kind enough to take promotion into account. For example Cellica learns Ragnarok as a Priest at lv.20. So let's say Cellica promotes to Princess at level 15, then she would only need to gain 5 more levels in her new class to learn Ragnarok.

Edited by BrightBow

16 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Ragnarok Omega is not really a good skill. Celica usually deals more damage by simply attacking twice with her regular spells. Also, if Cellica were to use Ragnarok Omega against Jedah, I'm pretty sure she would get killed by his counterattack. That skill costs a lot of HP and can only be used at 2 range.

Quite frankly, I would say the Beloved Sofia is a waste of valuable gold coins. It's other skills are Subdue and Swap, nothing that in any way compares to the Double Lion of Alm's Regal Sword. And being a Mage, Cellica doesn't get much of a benefit out of using a sword in the first place.

Anyway, as has been pointed out you don't actually have to defeat Jedah on this map in order to progress. But since you will have to fight him eventually this might be good practice.

Jedah's gimmick is that he will negate any attack thrown at him. Only every fourth attacker will be able to damage him. Note that I said every fourth attacker, not every fourth attack. Double attacks don't matter for this at all.

Since his attacks are crazy strong I would recommend to outrange him using the Mage Ring and your archers. You can simply trade the Mage Ring around for this. Once you are at your fourth attacker, make sure to hit him as hard as you can because this is the attack that actually counts.

Btw, when it comes to learning spells the game is kind enough to take promotion into account. For example Cellica learns Ragnarok as a Priest at lv.20. So let's say Cellica promotes to Princess at level 15, then she would only need to gain 5 more levels in her new class to learn Ragnarok.

Ohh okay, well I'm glad the game is forgiving. So every fourth attacker, I need to hit as HARD AS POSSIBLE, got it. I already reached the turn limit so I didn't get the Dracoshield, but I'll live without it. 

5 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Ohh okay, well I'm glad the game is forgiving. So every fourth attacker, I need to hit as HARD AS POSSIBLE, got it. I already reached the turn limit so I didn't get the Dracoshield, but I'll live without it. 

In that case I suppose I should note that when you meet Jedah again he will no longer have the Draco Shield but he will have a magic ring that enables him to counter against attacks from any range. So you will have to take into account that you will eat a counter attack no matter what.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

In that case I suppose I should note that when you meet Jedah again he will no longer have the Draco Shield but he will have a magic ring that enables him to counter against attacks from any range. So you will have to take into account that you will eat a counter attack no matter what.

Okay that's good to know, I'll make sure to remember that.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:16 AM, BrightBow said:

Ragnarok Omega is not really a good skill. Celica usually deals more damage by simply attacking twice with her regular spells.

It's pretty good in the right situations; its power is absolutely massive, so if Celica can only attack once it will usually be her most damaging option. It can OHKO lower-durability enemies (Great Mogalls come to mind), and ignores the magic resistance of enemy Dread Fighters despite hitting Res (don't think it quite OHKOs given typical Celica Atk, but it leaves them one hit from death for anyone else). Really the best thing about Celica (/mages in general) is how many options she gets, Ragnarok Omega is a nice one to have, though it certainly won't be a go-to for all situations (the way Double Lion kinda is).

20 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

It's pretty good in the right situations; its power is absolutely massive, so if Celica can only attack once it will usually be her most damaging option. It can OHKO lower-durability enemies (Great Mogalls come to mind), and ignores the magic resistance of enemy Dread Fighters despite hitting Res (don't think it quite OHKOs given typical Celica Atk, but it leaves them one hit from death for anyone else). Really the best thing about Celica (/mages in general) is how many options she gets, Ragnarok Omega is a nice one to have, though it certainly won't be a go-to for all situations (the way Double Lion kinda is).

Well, I'm at the final battle with Duma and jedah, and hopefully thanks to ya'lls help, I'll be able to beat him.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/09/2017 at 10:56 AM, DisobeyedCargo said:

Well, I'm at the final battle with Duma and jedah, and hopefully thanks to ya'lls help, I'll be able to beat him.

Well I'm going to assume that you already beated him at this point thus the entire game but if you are at the final battle, you don't need the Ragnarok or Killer bows here as the Falchion can one hit him off now that you have Alm.

16 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Well I'm going to assume that you already beated him at this point thus the entire game but if you are at the final battle, you don't need the Ragnarok or Killer bows here as the Falchion can one hit him off now that you have Alm.

I do already beat him, I also beat thabes labyrinth...

id close the thread but only the mods have the power to do that.