Cipher Livestream in 5 minutes; Warriors will be showcased [Over]

RotomGuy

58 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I wonder if Sakura has all the crazy energy attacks Takumi has? I wonder if all archers will? It would be interesting if there were a number different combo enders for different parts of the combo for each class, and different characters had different combinations. 

No, not all at least (if you mean what I think you mean with energy attacks). Her musous (standard and Awakening) and dual attacks are different (so she doesn't turn an arrow into a sword.. which makes sense since her arrows are solid and not created by the Fuujin.)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

No, not all at least (if you mean what I think you mean with energy attacks). Her musous (standard and Awakening) and dual attacks are different (so she doesn't turn an arrow into a sword.. which makes sense since her arrows are solid and not created by the Fuujin.)

Well, I already know that the ulti's are different, I'm talking about the combo enders.

Edited by TheSS

3 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Yeah that aether attack is the same as Lucina's

7:24

Yeah, I saw that, and I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong as disappointing as it is. I mean, she's one of the biggest characters in the series and the couldn't get a little more creative?

Still, I will hold off full judgment until we get the full game. It's possible their strings aren't fully unlocked for these demos.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, I saw that, and I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong as disappointing as it is. I mean, she's one of the biggest characters in the series and the couldn't get a little more creative?

Still, I will hold off full judgment until we get the full game. It's possible their strings aren't fully unlocked for these demos.

No problem man. If anything when the game comes out I hope I'm completely wrong and what we saw were placeholder combos. But until then, whenever the topic of clones arises I would like the discussions to deal with the facts and for people not to disregard those facts due to character bias.

1 minute ago, Namarid said:

No problem man. If anything when the game comes out I hope I'm completely wrong and what we saw were placeholder combos. But until then, whenever the topic of clones arises I would like the discussions to deal with the facts and for people not to disregard those facts due to character bias.

Well, since it has a badge system like HW, I'm wondering if maybe all of the combos (for both) aren't unlocked yet. Alternatively, a method of switching out charge attacks or branching ones would be cool. That way, even if they share branches, you could develop them differently, but that's probably too much to ask for.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, since it has a badge system like HW, I'm wondering if maybe all of the combos (for both) aren't unlocked yet. Alternatively, a method of switching out charge attacks or branching ones would be cool. That way, even if they share branches, you could develop them differently, but that's probably too much to ask for.

The closest thing we might get is that for every generic moveset that multiple people share, there's more than 1 possibility for several of the combo enders, and different characters might have different combinations of those. But even that's unlikely. She's probably a straight clone.

4 minutes ago, TheSS said:

The closest thing we might get is that for every generic moveset that multiple people share, there's more than 1 possibility for several of the combo enders, and different characters might have different combinations of those. But even that's unlikely. She's probably a straight clone.

We already know she's not a pure clone. Most aren't since their specials are different.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

The specials are fairly different. Case in point, Lucina's bow has range.

I suppose they're a bit different, but they're used in more or less the same as all other specials. It's not quite the same impact as having different combo enders, which is what I was talking about.

Just now, TheSS said:

I suppose they're a bit different, but they're used in more or less the same as all other specials. It's not quite the same impact as having different combo enders, which is what I was talking about.

No, but that's the difference between pure clones and...not quite semi-clones. 90% clones.

8 hours ago, Namarid said:

At around 5:50 and 6:30, there were two Lissas for some reason. One of them seems to be a Green Unit while the other is a Blue Unit. What is going on here? Is this Free Mode? History Mode? Multiplayer? A glitch?

11 minutes ago, Luankachu said:

At around 5:50 and 6:30, there were two Lissas for some reason. One of them seems to be a Green Unit while the other is a Blue Unit. What is going on here? Is this Free Mode? History Mode? Multiplayer? A glitch?

Probably a History mode mission.

Wow... this is much worse than I expected... I mean, I though they at least would change the wind effects to light...

I'm fine with Hinoka and Cordelia playing the same, as neither have anything special, I'm fine with Lucina and Chrom, for story reasons, but Sakura moving like Takumi feels... wrong. Takumi's moveset being so acrobatic is what makes it suit him, having more archers doing those moves make it less amazing imo. The opposite of Leo, who's moves screams "generic".

Ah yes, we're definitely getting Validar either in the vanilla roster or as an early update like Cia, Volga and Wizzro in HW. While I don't like the fact that Sakura seems to be a 90% Takumi clone, I like the combo strings so far. I hope the complete combo chains are different for Sakura. 

49 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Ah yes, we're definitely getting Validar either in the vanilla roster or as an early update like Cia, Volga and Wizzro in HW. While I don't like the fact that Sakura seems to be a 90% Takumi clone, I like the combo strings so far. I hope the complete combo chains are different for Sakura. 

Maybe, depends on if he's more based on a generic mage moveset or not as well as how many NPC History Characters there are.

The way I see it is, its a first entry for this crossover, so there's bound to be some misgivings; really, things like this happen in just about every game series and there isn't much to be done about it other than "do better next time". Its a disappointment at most, but not that big a deal, when its the game's concept and execution of said concepts that (in my opinion) should be what matters most. 

That being said, I do wish there was more class variety to better exemplify said concepts. Using healers offensively sounds tricky in and of itself and whose to say that Leo and Elise don't share some (if not all) moves as well? Cause honestly, even with those character trailers of Hoshido & Nohr, we haven't seen much of either barring a special move or two (even less so in Leo's case).

But I shall reserve judgement until there's enough to accurately go off of, or when I get my hands on the game 

57 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Rewatching the video, I just noticed that Sakura is taller than all the generic grown-ass adult male soldiers.

That's making me laugh more than it should.

Sakura is a growing teenager! 

@Deva Ashera: That is also true. Now that I think about it, the current FE Warriors roster doesn't have an infantry mage. 

6 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

...Robin doesn't count? Being tome locked and all now?

Ack, I forgot about him. A tome user that uses a different element or something. Someone that isn't on a horse nor an avatar. My ideal choices would be Tharja or Nino. 

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Anyone know what sword Chrom was using?

Pretty sure it's a steel sword since it looks similar to steel lances we have seen.