What is EVERY feature you want to see in FE Switch?

With the upcoming Fire Emblem title to the Nintendo Switch sometime next year, there are many things I want in this game. Yes, amazing map design, a glorious soundtrack, and a beautiful story are some things I obviously hope for. But with Fire Emblem being on the Switch, they have room for a LOT of content. Now, I think it's time to share every single feature/idea I want present in Fire Emblem Switch.

(Note: This is less of me sharing my ideas and more of me keeping track of them, so once I've played Fire Emblem Switch, I can go back to see which features I wanted that made it in, and those that I didn't. And I'd also like to apologize if my transitions are terrible. Transitions aren't my strongest point.)

First off, let’s talk about the general stuff. For the game itself, I really don't care what we get (as long as it isn't set in the world of Fates). A Genealogy remake? I'm down for that. An Elibe remake? Be my guest. A Magvel continuation? I don't see what they could do with it, but it'd be interesting. Hell, I’d be even fine with a science-fiction futuristic title. But I think for the Switch's first Fire Emblem title, we should have it be in a completely new world, with no ties to any past Fire Emblem. This would then allow the creators to try many new things with both the story and the gameplay.

And with this supposed new world, I hope this game is long. I'm talking even longer then Radiant Dawn, with a game around 50 Chapters, a bunch of side quests to extend the game even further. Because whenever I play a Fire Emblem, no matter the difficulty, I'm able to nail it down in a couple of days. So, if I'm not going to be playing anything else besides this Fire Emblem, I might as well try to extend my enjoyment as long as possible.

Also, another thing I would like to see is multiple paths you can take, like Eirika or Ephraim's story, or even Eliwood and Hector's story. Also, I want the actions that you take alter the entirety of the story. You know how in Conquest, you're given the option to kill Shura or not, but that has no real effect on the main story? Make it so killing or sparing certain people effects the story. And make this happen multiple times, so there are many possible outcomes within the story, adding to the replay value of this game.

As in terms of progressing through the game, I want an open map, like FE2, 8, 13, and 15. I think traveling back to old spots, and maybe even villages like how they were implemented in Gaiden and its remake would be nice. But also, grinding. I hope they put some sort of limit on the grinding to not make the game too easy, kind of like how Echoes handled it. Where you can grind, as much as you want, but it takes a while to level up, so it's not too powerful.

Another thing I want returning from Shadows of Valentia is Dungeon Crawling. Now I have mixed feelings about this, as this would take away the uniqueness of Shadows of Valentia. But at the same time, they can expand upon this and make it better. Think of dungeons as underground passageways, in which you can skip a chapter or two, and get to certain points on the map quicker (with a great challenge coming in of course). Okay, maybe that's going a little too far, just some food for thought. A realistic thing they can do is link certain dungeons, with some areas being blocked off until you get to that point from the entrance on the other side. They can also block certain items off until you get either someone or something, giving you a little more to do. Dungeon Crawling is what made Shadows of Valentia so enjoyable for me, so to have that expanded upon would truly be the greatest.

Now, I want to discuss the "My Unit" system. I'd prefer if the game had one or two set lords, like Marth, Alm, Roy, or Ike, instead of the game focusing on a customizable self-insert like Robin or Corrin. This would then allow for character development for said lord. However, I wouldn't have a problem with the "My Unit" returning, as long as the plot can be the same with or without this character. And I say this because if the "My Unit" was the main focus, they couldn't do full voice acting, unless they found a way to work around saying the inserted name for that character (which is extremely hard, so that's why I hope the "My Unit" is of very little plot relevance. Oh, yeah, I want full voice acting too, by the way. Don’t think I need to explain myself there). Hell, they can make this "My Unit" the Villager of the game, the underdog of the cast. When customizing your boon and bane and such, they should give you the option to select two classes that you can promote into, say, the Myrmidon line and the Knight line, so your options can't be exploited like in Awakening.

Also, another new thing with customization is choosing your own color palette. The one thing that bothered me about re-classing my units in Awakening/Fates was the fact that their attire was all the generic white/blue palette, instead of the color palette they had originally, say Ryoma, with red/white. Echoes fixed this, so that no matter what class a unit is, their outfit colors matches their original colors (Gray wearing green, Kliff wearing black, Python wearing blue, ect.) If they can do this will all of the characters when they re-class, plus allowing you to select two colors, one being the primary focus and the second color used for smaller details and all, it would certainly make for a more aesthetically pleasing game.

While we’re talking about classes, there is something I want to bring up. I really wonder if there will be multiple variations of the same class. For example, will we just have Armored Knights, or will we have Sword Knights, Lance Knights, and Axe Knights? I’m fine with either direction they take, but it’s always something to consider.

Also, I think third-tier units would be appropriate. They were in Radiant Dawn, due to the game being, to my knowledge, the longest Fire Emblem, so it made sense to do so, or else we'd be stuck at Level 20 promoted units. We've also recently seen this in Shadows of Valentia. Given they were in Gaiden, but they even went as far as overclassing units in DLC - something that WASN'T in Gaiden. And with a game as long as I hope for, third-tier units wouldn't be too bizarre. Also, I think they should keep the re-class system from Fates. I think it was executed well enough for them to bring it back for a new title. Most of the classes that you can add to a character was through A+/S-rank Supports between characters, and that leads easily to my next hope.

I hope they bring back the Support System from Shadows of Valentia, with the pair-up system, from Fates. In Shadows of Valentia, support conversations took place on the battlefield, rather than in between chapters. But I think they can make it so certain conversations can only be unlocked in said criteria, say a C/B-Support conversation can only be seen in between chapters, yet the same character's A-Support conversation would take place on the battlefield. They should also make it to where characters have enough conversations to flesh out their personality, but not forcefully make every character be able to support each other just for the sake of everyone being able to support someone. Or, if they can’t think of a conversation between two characters that would be remotely interesting and not forced, just give them the rank and move on. Basically, make the conversations as deep as most where in Shadows of Valentia, but add more than the limit in Shadows of Valentia, without having too much, like in Fates.

Also, S-Supports. This has become a controversial topic among the Fire Emblem community, as if there are S-Supports, there are most likely child units. I really hope they don't put too much focus on the child units in this game. It made sense in Genealogy, it made sense in Awakening. But since Fates was driving off of Awakening's success, they were lazily written in through deep realms. And at least the kids in Genealogy/Awakening had plot importance - Fates was the same game with or without the kids. But then they made some plot out of them, and charged it as DLC, which while I haven’t played it, I heard it wasn’t good, and simply a cash-grab. My deal is, only include them if they're going to have plot importance. Don't add them in just because Awakening/Fates did it. I'd rather not have them at all (S-Supports are fine, as they give boosts to characters, and nice development to characters), but if they really are to have kids in this game, just don't write them in lazily.

Alright, now that we have the My Unit and Support system out of the way, let’s move on to battle mechanics.

First off, weapon durability needs to return. Whenever I play Fates, something about actually playing the game itself just makes it feel so different from playing other Fire Emblem games - even Awakening. And I think it was because of the weapons never being able to break. Something about weapons breaking makes the game more enjoyable for me. Weapon durability not being present in a game like Shadows of Valentia, where you can only hold one weapon, works. But not in a game like Fates, where you can hold up to five weapons.

And as for Legendary Weapons, they shouldn't be breakable, but they should have limits. If the weapon has been used a certain amount of times, it should go unusable for a chapter or so. Or maybe, at the beginning of each chapter, it starts out immensely powerful. And each time you use it, its power depletes bit by bit. If you don’t use it for a turn, it will regain a little bit of its power. The one thing I never liked from the GBA games (I don’t know if this applies to just more than the GBA era, so forgive me if I’m wrong) was how the Legendary Weapons were breakable. From a gameplay standard, breakable Legendary Weapons are good, but not for story purposes. At least in FE7, the Legendary Weapons were given to you in the endgame, so while they were breakable, it was unlikely. But in Sacred Stones, you got them all before the final chapter, so you had risk of losing them.

Also, I believe those who have transforming abilities, like manaketes and laguz-like beings, should be able to transform naturally. Or at least, make the Dragonstones and Beaststones unbreakable.

Also, I'd like to go back to the original Weapons Triangle, and scrap what they did in Fates, with adding magic and bows to the Weapons Triangle. I like what they did, but at the same time, I think the game would work better if Bows, Daggers, and Magic worked outside of the Triangle. With Magic now being out of the Weapons Triangle, I think we should see a return to the Trinity of Magic. For those unfamiliar, it was a second Weapons Triangle, in which Anima (Elemental) Magic beat Light Magic, Light Magic beating Dark Magic, and Dark Magic beating Anima Magic. No specific reason other than it was a good system, and there wasn't much reason for it to be taken out in the first place. Also, with this, we'd finally see a return to Light Magic.

While on the topic of weapons, I want to talk about Bows. Now, the idea I'm about to propose for how they can change bows, I couldn't see them doing, in fact I kind of hope they don’t do it, it's just a random idea I had, and I don't want to forget it. It never made sense to me why bows break, when really all you've been doing is launching arrows. It's not like you use the bow itself as a melee weapon. So, here's what I propose.

Bows and Arrows are separated. The Bow you use determines the hit percentage and range of the attack, and the Arrow determines the damage. You can equip different Arrows to different Bows (Killer Arrows on a Brave Bow, for example), and really mix up your gameplay. Bows would have a set amount of HP, and would lose HP based on the damage received from a melee attack. So, say a Mercenary hits an Archer for 17 damage, the Bow would take 17 damage. And once the Bow has depleted all HP, it breaks. Different Bows would have different HP. At the end of the day, this new system is more complex, and it would be easier to stick how they have always worked, but still, if they did something like this, it'd be a pretty big game changer, and interesting to see.

Now let's talk about skills very quickly. I think the 5-Skill system is fine, but add a little something to it. You can either choose to let RNG decide if a skill activates, or, like Shadows of Valentia, you could sacrifice HP to ensure that the skills trigger. But now that I say that, even if they limited the usages of it, it could still be cheap on maps that have “Defeat the Commander” goals. What do you guys think?

Now, something that would be very hard to implement logically would be the Dragon Veins from Fates. These were one of the only good things from Fates, and I’d like to see them return. I mean, they can change the name if they really want to, as long as we have a feature similar to this. Speaking of returning battle features would be Mila’s Turnwheel. Again, they can change the name of it to better fit the story, but I would like to see this come back. Being able to work around a simple bad RNG roll, or restart the map without soft resetting, would definitely be welcome in my view of a perfect Fire Emblem.

Also, I want to see more unique objectives for each Chapter. Awakening's objectives were always Route the Enemy, or Defeat the Commander. Seize the Throne wasn't even an objective. However, Fates brought back Seize, as well as Defend objectives and Escape objectives. But one objective that stood out to me was from the Conquest route. It was Defeat the Commander, but with a twist. The Commander wasn't visible, but there was four ally units. You had to talk to each one to see if they are the boss. I'm not sure if it was a set character, or it would always be the fourth person you talked to, but still, it was a nice twist. 

I know in Fates, there were more unique objectives, if I remember correctly, but still. We need more of these objectives. Hell, make certain chapters have multiple objectives, or say there are two objectives, but you only need to complete one to end the chapter. I'm not saying they should scrap Seize, Route, and Defeat the Commander entirely, but just not all of the time. I want to see how crazy certain chapters can get. 

Now, let’s move away from the battlefield, and check up on some features you can do in between battles.

A returning feature I'd like to see comes from the Tellius series, Bonus EXP. I’m sure you all know what this is, so I’ll give a brief explanation. After each chapter, you can get a certain amount This feature can be accessed in the next thing I want to talk about: My Castle.

Now, before I continue, let me answer a question you may be asking. I know I said I wanted a free roaming map when it comes to level progression. But this is a simple fix. After you complete a chapter, you're sent here. Then, you simply go through one of the exits, and you're back in the open world. And they could also just add a button to return to your Castle at any given time. Also, I think they should remove the shops from your Castle, as it never made sense to me. You built the place, but now you have to pay for staves and weapons? Just put the shops on the map, along with some hidden shops you have to find when you play the chapters, and I think we're good.

Anyways, My Castle was one of the few good things about Fates. Basically, it was a hub world which you created. You could build shops (although as I said, I hope they remove shops from My Castle), a Mess Hall, in which you cook the food you grew, forge weapons with the minerals you've gathered, even an accessory shop, in which you could buy pieces of equipment to customize your units with, and more. They can easily create a training room where the Bonus EXP feature can be used. But you could also set up magic orbs and ballistas, because another feature of the My Castle system was the fact that you can have online wifi battles in your own castle.

I'd love to see Wifi battles return. They weren't present in Shadows of Valentia, but that's understandable. The maps you can choose would probably be either your or the opponent's Castle, along with some of the greatest maps from the game. Hell, they can even recreate old but amazing maps to play in. One improvement I'd like to see is instead if just 5v5 battles, allow up to 10v10 battles as an option. Sure, it'd be hectic, but it would sure be fun as hell.

Another feature that you can access through My Castle was amiibo functionality. In Fates, you could summon Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina using the corresponding amiibo. They would give you two exclusive accessories, and you could recruit them if you bested them in battle.

In Shadows of Valentia, they worked differently. Alm or Celica, using 10 HP, could summon illusionary spirits of Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin, and Corrin (male and female), which acted as ally units. The Alm and Celica amiibo acted the similarly, but not quite. No matter where you are in the game, the Smash Bros. amiibo Units had set stats, while with the Alm and Celica amiibo, you can save stats of your current Alm/Celica units, and use a replica of them in battle, which is pretty damn cool if you ask me. Alm and Celica also unlocked exclusive dungeons, which were pretty nice.

While I liked how they worked in Shadows of Valentia, I think we should take it like Fates, and be able to recruit them. Here's my take on how you can do it.

Around halfway through the game, there'll be this misty looking area. When you try to get near it, it'll ask for a special artifact, in which you tap one of now eleven Fire Emblem amiibo. Once you do so, you unlock a special dungeon, called "Heroes Outlook," or something along the lines. Once you're inside, there are eleven doors, one for each amiibo unit: Marth, Tiki, Alm, Celica, Roy, Ike, Robin (M), Chrom, Lucina, Corrin (M), and Corrin (F). In each room, you'll be tasked with a series of battles, phantoms of characters important to the hero you are seeking, or at least characters with similar classes. Once you get passed you will come across a giant stone statue of one of the eleven heroes (say this is Marth's room). You tap the Marth amiibo in, and a cutscene plays. The statue cracks, then it bursts, dropping the one and only Marth. He awakes from a great slumber, and asks where is he. He introduces himself, and say he was somehow lead into this realm, only to be trapped within the statue. He repays you by joining your ranks, and this stays true with all other ten heroes.

Yeah, maybe the whole "statue" sequence may be a bit weird, and make no sense, now that I actually talk about it, but hey, it's something new. Anyways, let's go over their classes and such.

Marth would be a Lodestar, a class with an S Rank in Swords. He'd come equipped with the Falchion. His attack theme would be "Path of the Hero-King," from Fates.

Tiki would be a simple Manakete, along with her Dragonstone. Her attack theme would also be "Path of the Hero-King."

Alm would be the Conqueror class, a class with A Rank in Swords, B Rank in Bows. He'd come equipped with the Regal Sword. His attack theme would be "A Dauntless Blade," from Shadows of Valentia.

Celica would be a Queen, a class with A Rank in Magic, and B Rank in Swords, equipped with the Beloved Zofia, and a Ragnorok Tome. Her attack theme would be "A Blade on the Wind," from Shadows of Valentia.

Roy would be a Master Lord, a class with S Rank in Swords. He'd be wielding the Binding Blade. His attack theme would be "Attack!" from Shadows of Valentia.

Ike would be a Vanguard, a class with A Rank in both Swords and Axes. He'd come equipped with the Ragnell and the Urvan. His attack theme would be "The Devoted," from Radiant Dawn

Robin would be a Grandmaster, with A Ranks in both Swords and Tomes. He'd come equipped with the Levin Sword and the Thoron tome. His attack theme would be "ID Hope."

Chrom and Lucina would both come as Great Lords, a class with A Rank in Swords, and B Rank with Lances. Chrom would come equipped with the Exalted Falchion, while Lucina having the Parallel Falchion. Their attack theme would be "Rival," from Awakening.

Male Corrin would come as a Hoshidan Noble, a class with A Rank in Swords, C Rank in Staves, and usage of Dragonstones. He would come with the Blazing Yato, and a Dragonstone.

Female Corrin would come as a Nohrian Noble, a class with A Rank in Swords, C Rank in Magic, and usage of Dragonstones. She would come with the Shadow Yato, and a Dragonstone.

However, if both Male Corrin and Female Corrin are in your ranks, both of the Yatos will become the Omega Yato. Both of their attack themes would be "Destiny by Blood," from Fates.

Now, you may be asking why I chose the Conqueror and Queen class for Alm and Celica over Hero and Princess. Well, in Fates, they were classed as the highest version of the class they were able to achieve, even if the clothes of their lower class (example: Ike being a Vanguard in his Hero attire), and technically, Conqueror and Queen is the highest they can go. And I can't make Alm a Hero, since the hero class in Gaiden used Swords and Bows, while the modern Heroes use Swords and Axes. Also, I imagine the modern Heroes would promote into Vanguards, as that is what Ike promoted from in Radiant Dawn, so it just wouldn't work out. That's why I classified him as the Conqueror.

Yeah, maybe this is asking a little too much. But I mean, hey, I can hope, can't I?

In truth, these are all my hopes for the games. I haven’t played every Fire Emblem, so there may be features in which I don’t know about which I’d be interested in. But let me know what you want to see!

Every feature?  That's a tall order... I'm prone to forgetting things I like.

• FE6-7 level growthrates.  Not too low (like Gaiden), not too high (like Awakening).
  • Merge the FE7 and FE9 support systems, though increase the range of GBA style support growth to 3 for the sake of flexibility.  Include FE9 style growth as well as the GBA style.  Also I liked affinities so yeah.
  • Villages from Echoes made the world feel more alive.  Bring that back, it was cool.
  • FE10 skill system, though un-removable skills like Shove and Canto should not take capacity and whoever thought they should take capacity deserves a kick in the shin.  Alternatively, something like Heroes skill system without the "killing units for their skills" and "weapons are skills" parts can be cool.
  • A faster version of FE6 weapon ranks, FE6's were slow but I appreciate all weapons capping at S and being able to have multiple S ranks (I hate accidentally S ranking Staves in FE7/8).  Fix the speed issue by improving base weapon level for new weapons upon promotion to D or C and make weapons and especially staves give more WEXP and we're good.
  • FE13 staff EXP.  Leveling healers wasn't so much of a pain in the butt there, and that's one of the few things I actually appreciate in FE13.
  • Non-avatar protagonist, with no bland avatar thieving away their spotlight.  Poor Chrom and FE12 Marth.  If an avatar must exist, they should speak as much during the plot as Lance does in FE6.  Which is to say, 1-2 lines at the start of the game, and completely irrelevant afterward.
  • And can said protagonist use bows or magic?  Or both?
  • Integrated Weapon/Magic triangle, preferably something like Swords and Light > Axes and Dark > Lances and Anima > Swords and Light, though Heroes' Triangle of Swords and Fire > Axes and Wind > Lances and Thunder > Swords and Fire can also work I guess.  I just happen to prefer Light/Dark/Anima to Fire/Thunder/Wind.
  • FE7 Merlinus was a cool idea, I wouldn't mind seeing that tried again without the random inability to deploy him in certain maps.  FE6 Merlinus... not so much.
  • No children unless it's like FE4 plotwise.
  • Make the S rank weapons related to the lore.  The last time that happened (outside of Archanea remakes) was FE8 with the exception of FE10 Alondite.  Not counting things like Ragnell because those are prfs.
  • Can the lord's parents not die?  Like, Eliwood to this day is the sole winner of "Congratulations, you are the sole lord's father to survive that lord's game" award, and that's only because FE6 kills off Hector instead.  Chrom doesn't really count since the Lucina that serves as a lord had her Chrom die, even though the present day baby Lucina's Chrom survives.  If that makes sense.
  • Echoes magic was pretty awesome, wouldn't mind if they brought it back so long as mages can have good move.  But I'm fine with traditional tomes too.
  • Speaking of mages, can horse mages and flyer mages get full class lines?  Like, for horse mages the can be Mage Knight (Anima cavalry) -> Strategist (Anima/Staff Cavalry) or Dark Knight (Anima/Dark Cavalry), and for flyer mages it can be Sky Shaman (Dark Flying) -> Dark Flyer (Lance/Dark Flying) or Malig Knight (Axe/Dark Flying).  Just something to vary unpromoted magic oriented classes from just infantry more.

I'm probably forgetting something.

• At least one playable Brigand/Barbarian.
  • An Avatar like Kris in that their class can be chosen at the very beginning.  However, he/she should preferably not be put in a major story role so that the focus can remain on the Lords.
  • At least one Lord character who doesn't wield a Sword as his/her primary weapon.
  • Keep S-Supports, but limit most characters to 5 potential S-Supports and 3-4 others (so that we don't have more situations like with Scarlet and Flora in Fates) and don't include Child Units unless they have an actual justification for existing.
  • Use a Heroes-style weapon and magic triangle.  This includes keeping Bows and Daggers out.
  • No extraneous crap like skinship.

...That's about all I can think of.  Of course, improved story and map design are givens.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

I have a lot of things I'd like to see in FE16, but one thing that I'd really love to see is the return of the classes from Heroes. There's something very charming about the enemy generics with their parallelism and color coordination. It could definitely take some expanding upon, but the ideas for expansion are already there for the most part. 

Furthermore, if Nintendo is going to make a new setting, let it be based off of the class system from Heroes. Have one nation of sword and fire users, another nation of axe and wind users, a third nation of lance and lightning users, a very large international clergy that controls the religion of all three nations and maintains the general health of the peoples, but also pulls the strings and is largely responsible for why the three nations are at neverending war. In addition, archers would be implemented by all three nations as support role troops, while thieves could fill in the plot role of brigands that are fought early game. 

Additionally, I also support the idea of three different protagonists , one from each kingdom. These protagonists would have different reasons to fight. The story would take place in three parts - before a great war involving all three nations, during the war, and after the war when the protagonists unite and lead a revolution to bring down the clergy. 

All I got for now. What do you guys think? 

I am likely to forget some things but here goes but first a completely NEW mechanic idea.

ALL UNITS have a horse they can ride allowing them to get around the map much faster, myrmidons, mages, mercenaries etc. all have a horse. HOWEVER, they cannot fight from horseback they must dismount and then proceed to attack. This would allow foot units to keep up with mounted units much more easily while at the same time there is still a distinction between say cavaliers and fighters.

Either give all mounted units (cavaliers, troubadours, draco knights, pegasus riders etc) the canto skill or an ability that mimics canto like in Genealogy of the Holy War, and the Tellius games. I really miss this mechanic and would love to see it's return, in fact if I could I would trade in all the rally, taker skills and galeforce for that one skill. If it was a skill, it's possible that with reclassing players could do interesting things like getting non mounted units to learn it as well through reclassing. As much as I don't really care for the reclassing concept this would be an interesting possibility to exploit.

Rescue and Shove mechanic- again I miss the shove mechanic it was a lot of fun to do in Radiant Dawn, and there were interesting strategies one could do with it. Also I would like the rescue mechanic to be included for all units again, there were a couple situations in Fates where this single mechanic would have helped out immensely. I'm not saying that Rescue should replace the pair up system just added on top of it.

Arenas I want Arenas in the game, I would like two main types one that you have constant access to but can only use for a select number of rounds per character like in FE4, and another that may appear on select maps and is more like the GBA arena. Additionally a tower like in Sacred stones could be added to the world map.

Forging and Weapon Repair- I want forging to work like it did in the Tellius games and in Shadow Dragon, those games had the best forging system hands down. Whereas Fates' system is very gimmicky in nature, Echoes has a lack of player control over what get's improved and how much although I do like the concept of taking a steel sword and turning it into a silver one. I would like to see the Evolve system used again. Lastly I want to see weapon repair from FE4 return as well, this was an awesome concept and I don't know why it has never been reimplemented before.

Weapon durability and weight- I want to see these two concepts again as I really enjoy weapon durability I think it encourages managing weapons and resources and if a repair weapon mechanic was in the game this could make for some very interesting experiences. Also I would like to see weapon weight make a return as it add a sense of realism to the game that I quite enjoy.

Constitution - how this works varies slightly but simply it reflects the physical size and mass of the units and dictates whether or not they can shove or rescue a unit and whether or not they can use a weapon without any speed penalties. However I would like to see a few changes made, firstly mounted units always by default have a higher constitution than non mounted meaning that they cannot be rescued by a foot unit but can be shoved. Secondly Constitution increases upon class change, and the only way to bypass a foot unit not being able to rescue mounted units would be to given that unit enough stat items that increase constitution.

Villages, Dungeons/caves- I would love to see these return from Gaiden when I played Echoes the ability to visit villages made the world much more real for me.

Class change automatically/ Bonus EXP- In radiant dawn you automatically class changed upon reaching level 21, I would like to see this used again and Echoes'/Gaiden's group earned experience points mechanic I DEFINITELY want that again.

Laguz- Beast/Dragon units can shift and move about the battlefield in their shifted forms, they don't just shift when attacked. This is something I miss from the Tellius games when it comes to units like Keaton.

A Restart map and Battle Save options- I want Radiant Dawn's battle save feature back this was very helpful on large maps that took a while and a restart map option would be so helpful instead of turning the game off and restarting when a unit dies.

Avatar- If there is going to be an avatar this is how I would like it handled, first of all the player is not forced into a class exclusive to them "I'm looking at you Corrin and Robin!" Instead the player selects a class line to be in and maybe a secondary class as well if reclassing is an option. Furthermore give us tons of customizable features, allow us to make the avatar tall, short, average, skinny, fat, buff and anything in between. Allow us to customize the ethnicity of the avatar, with multiple hair, facial features, scars, beards mustaches, tattoos etc that we can select. Essentially go all out on the avatar creation system, next I want there to be a screen where you put points of an allotted amount into various stats basically customizing one's growth rates, and then another screen where you have a set amount of points that you can distribute allowing you to customize the base stats of the avatar.

Lastly if there is going to be DLC classes don't make them player only integrate them into the entire game, I like some of the DLC classes but I don't like it that my party is the only ones that are Dread Fighters, Vanguards etc.

Edited by SavageVolug
I accidentally submitted before I was finished.

• 2 months later...

Oh man, I hope I don't forge anything.

• Magic triangle returns
  • Unbreakable weapons
  • Larger-scale battles (like in RD) with limited battle saves
  • Class promotion trees
  • Avatar who isn't the MC. I want this game to sell well, but I also want the MC to have a personality. Oh, yeah, that reminds me
  • Lord with actual personality
  • Lots of romance
  • Some version of the FE Fates double system that lets units who are paired up also attack so they don't feel like they disappeared from the battlefield.
  • Colorful cast. More like the Conquest cast than the Birthright cast, if you catch my drift.
  • Varied mission requirements (Route enemy, defend, escape, etc..)
  • Varied, interesting map design, like in sacred stones. I loved how he first map of ephraims route told a story, you know? It had acts to it, it was awesome.
  • Little to no stupid map gimmicks. I'm looking at you, Revelations.
  • A story that isn't ass. I'm looking at you, Fates.

• 1 month later...