The Class You Hate the Most

Florina's #1 Fan

2 minutes ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:

Well, good news! You get Hugh and his silver card can give you access to a secret shop in Chapter 21 where they sell boots! I edited my post to say that there is a way to get more boots.

Both FE1 and FE6 have infinite buyable boots I believe.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

God damn, that is the most cryptic and frustrating thing in the entire series. I'm glad i stopped playing Thracia honestly, because i like to recruit everybody (even if i wouldn't use them) and i would've tried so hard to recruit Xavier. I think that+Ch.24x has just completely killed any chance of me picking up Thracia again.

God damn it, you brought my hopes up. And here i was thinking "in my next Binding Blade playthrough, i'll give Fae an extra pair of Boots so she doesn't fall behind in Ch.24". Nope, that ain't happening.

There really needs to be a less frustrating hack of FE5.

Even Kaga, the game's creator said some elements were too frustrating and his planned port of it for the 64 would fix them. Xavier and his men mowing down each other was definitely not intended.

Also Vestaria Saga had some good ideas for Armored classes.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Damn, someone beat me to it!

Also, tier one healers, as they are a right pain in the arse to train up, in comparison to units that can actually attack.

For me the problem it with the GBA healers, heal only gives around 11 exp. Unless the stronger staffs are used, leveing up is slow. L'Arachel I want to bring you to the endgame, but it takes too long.

Other than that there are Ballisticians, A class more stationary than the knight, in levels where the objective to to travel from point a to point b.

Mechanist: other than Replicate, there is little this class can do that other classes can do and better.

Griffon Rider: Medicore in everything with on upsides.

Cats, sure they are fast, but most hit like wet paper.

Fighter is probably the only class that tends to frustrate me. Having poor accuracy and speed and middling durability is a real pain to work with. Pirates/Berserkers at least have speed to work with.

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Are there any games outside of Fates (which doesn't have Warrior as a promotion for Fighter, as Berserker replaced it... for worse) where Bows are a good weapon type? 

Bows are only ever "bad" when it's the only weapon a unit has. As a secondary they are pretty good in any game.

7 minutes ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:

Well, good news! You get Hugh and his silver card can give you access to a secret shop in Chapter 21 where they sell boots! I edited my post to say that there is a way to get more boots.

That's both good news and bad news. It's good news because i can buy more Boots. It's bad news because it's Ch.21, my most hated chapter in the game.

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

There really needs to be a less frustrating hack of FE5.

Even Kaga, the game's creator said some elements were too frustrating and his planned port of it for the 64 would fix them. Xavier and his men mowing down each other was definitely not intended.

FE5 is really easy. I don't know why people considere it hard or frustrating. Kaga made infinite range warp, his arguments are invalid.

2 hours ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:

In Awakening, though, they are just worse Wyvern Lords. An airborne Master of Arms would be very interesting, actually.

Lies, lies, lies, and more lies. Griffon Riders are better than Wyvern Lords in every sense. Deliverer already makes WL irrelevant, but the benefits from WL really don't affect a thing. The extra defense from WL is really minimal and you rather have the extra speed from GR. GR gets Lancebreaker, and being better against lances is better than swords. The extra "weakness" doesn't matter because effective weapons barely appear. 

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Other than that there are Ballisticians, A class more stationary than the knight, in levels where the objective to to travel from point a to point b.

Mobile siege weapons are broken, especially in a low-stat game like Shadow Dragon.

Jugdral Barons are my most despised class for being a cheap enemy-only boss class. Fuck Jugdral Great Shield.

Edited by X-Naut

7 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Mobile siege weapons are broken, especially in a low-stat game like Shadow Dragon.

Jugdral Barons are my most despised class for being a cheap enemy-only boss class. Fuck Jugdral Great Shield.

Combined with forging siege weapons, Ballisticians are absurd. The main trick with using ballisticians, is to go for the little targets like mages.

Funnily enough, FE4's Baron have a player palette, red, indicating one was to be playable. 

Also Xavier should've been a level 1 Baron with Gustav's stats for all the effort it takes to recruit him.

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Bows are only ever "bad" when it's the only weapon a unit has. As a secondary they are pretty good in any game.

I don't know, I mean in Path of Radiance who ever chooses bows outside of trying to get Oscar's triangle attack?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

5 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Combined with forging siege weapons, Ballisticians are absurd. The main trick with using ballisticians, is to go for the little targets like mages.

Really? I have been missing out on the class could really do.

3 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

I never thought i'd see the day where someone agrees with me on this. If we're adding enemy-only classes, then yeah, fuck Jugdral Barons (and by extension, the Emperor Class). Great Shield activates way too much and it was annoying to take down Barons+Arvis. It got to the point to where i just turned on an infinite turns cheat just so i could have a chance of getting an attack to actually do damage.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

I dunno about this - outside of Fates, which I mentioned, I don't really see getting getting bows as a secondary weapon to be that useful (case in point: PoR, for the reasons Emperor Hardin stated).

14 minutes ago, L9999 said:

FE5 is really easy. I don't know why people considere it hard or frustrating. Kaga made infinite range warp, his arguments are invalid.

FE5 is easy after a certain point if you know what to do and what units to do.

Then there's things like Xavier's recruitment or using Dalshin longterm.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I never thought i'd see the day where someone agrees with me on this. If we're adding enemy-only classes, then yeah, fuck Jugdral Barons (and by extension, the Emperor Class). Great Shield activates way too much and it was annoying to take down Barons+Arvis. It got to the point to where i just turned on an infinite turns cheat just so i could have a chance of getting an attack to actually do damage.

In Vestaria Saga, Pavise has an activation of 18%. One of the playable Armor Knights has an additional skill like that.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

FE5 is easy after a certain point if you know what to do and what units to do.

Then there's things like Xavier's recruitment or using Dalshin longterm.

I just leave Dalshin behind in CH5 because he is a hidrance. You gain absolutely nothing from using him and leaving scrubs behind like him open a gaiden chapter at the end where you can stock up on warp staves. 

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Really? I have been missing out on the class could really do.

1 minute ago, L9999 said:

I just leave Dalshin behind in CH5 because he is a hidrance. You gain absolutely nothing from using him and leaving scrubs behind like him open a gaiden chapter at the end where you can stock up on warp staves. 

I'm aware of how Bad Dalshin is after chapter 5.  There's even an escape chapter he can't beat if he has 20 build which he will get if you level him.

For me: Myrmidons. I know they're fan favorites, but personally I found the GBA and Tellius myrmidons to be boring characters and when I got around to playing the other games, the only real exceptions I made where when they were ridiculously favored.

I don't really like their "gameplay personality" as imo, they are EXTRA good at the early part of the games and just drop off in the second half of any respective game once enemy hit rates rise. Oh yeah, and the random nature of level ups actually matters because with like 2 exceptions, Mryms REALLY depend on growths and not bases for STR. I hate growth units in general and Myrms are basically growth units as a class.

Second place to priests and troubadours . Light magic is usually comical (if I promote them), and they constantly fluctuate between TOO USEFUL and "Might as well replace with consumable healing" 

In games like FE7, 8, 9, Awakening, I seriously consider just waiting until I promote the first mage and using them as the staff man, completely bypassing the clerics/troubadours. I will admit that the non-healing staves that are all over FE5 and Fates are pretty fun though, but other than those appearances I never like them, and simply use them as required.

4 hours ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:

they wouldn't overshadow the cleric's supportive role instantaneously, either (Priscilla vs. Serra and Maribelle vs. Lissa, anyone)

Bold: I'm not seeing how Maribelle overshadows Lissa when the latter can get Healtouch, which increases the amount healed by staves by 5 points (and that's ignoring the availability disadvantage the former has).

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Fighter is probably the only class that tends to frustrate me. Having poor accuracy and speed and middling durability is a real pain to work with. Pirates/Berserkers at least have speed to work with.

This is just me, but I don't see Pirates and Berserkers as being much better off than Fighters and Warriors.

2 minutes ago, Gamer1234556 said:

Fighters in the GBA games.

Just why don't they ever hit?

It's not just that - it's also that most of them are really blooming slow.

1 minute ago, Gamer1234556 said:

No kidding, and not only do they have sucky speed, but they have awful defense. I thought that fighters were supposed to be beefy. Why are they so bad?

That's the main problem I have with infantry axe users in general - all they have going for them is HP and Strength.

Griffin Riders are at the top of my dislike. Lore wise, what? The Wyvern Rider just gives up their wyvern? What's going on here? Stats were never all that good either; and the fact that their only weapon is an axe doesn't help either. I saw a post... somewhere... that said it would be cool if they could use bows, and I agreed. But since their only in Awakening, I'll hope they've come and gone.

I never cared for Bow Knights either. Sure, its a cool concept, but I always found Heroes to be a better promotion. However, I should mention I did find Nomadic Troopers to be useful instead.

I'll also echo Knights. They're useful, but so slow (both statwise and movement wise) they never become excellent must-haves.

Finally, I'll simply say "Hoshido classes," namely Oni Savage and Apothecary. If I recall correctly, you only get one character for each of these classes, which limits their total availability.

I kind of also have to add archers as well, they usually don't turn out well for me. I got RNG screwed with Rebecca in FE7 with about 4 attack (but then again, she has a pretty bad strength growth in general) and in FE8, I tried to use Neimi and then I ditched her for better-ranged units like Arthur and Lute.

I feel that a better promotion for archers would be rangers, so that they can wield both bows and swords together.

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'm not seeing how Maribelle overshadows Lissa when the latter can get Healtouch, which increases the amount healed by staves by 5 points (and that's ignoring the availability disadvantage the former has).

Maribelle has the following over Lissa:

• A better magic growth
  • More mobility
  • She comes with Mend, which Lissa cannot use because she starts with an E rank in staves
  • Availability isn't much of an issue when Maribelle comes in only 4 chapters after, taking into account how little you need a healer for the first four chapters because they're very easy 
  • She has a better resistance growth and base
  • Her defense base is the same as Lissa's
  • Her higher level means that you can reclass her sooner, and considering how hard it is to level up healers and how not needed they are in Awakening, that is such a blessing

And Lissa has the following over Maribelle:

• Healtouch, which you do not get until Lv.10, by which point Maribelle most likely has a better magic stat.
  • Better strength, HP and defense growths
  • That's it.

You have to pick one, really, because there's not much need for two healers when there's hardly enough reason for one, and also because it's so hard just to raise up one because healers get experience really slowly :\

I don't really hate classes or anything, I try to keep my opinions civil in most cases.

Though I will say that Taguel is terrible. It's a WT neutral SM with no weapon variety. Being Range 1 locked in Awakening is terrible enough already. At least Bow units have their uses once one loads up on Galeforce units- Taguel never finds a niche to call its own. Plus the class heavily gimps Yarne in the main game and Panne desperately wants out of it from the start.

Cats, as someone else pointed out, are also bad. Even worse than Taguels perhaps. They're comparable to SMs but lack crit and 1-2 range, and now have to worry about transformation gauge issues.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Even Kaga, the game's creator said some elements were too frustrating and his planned port of it for the 64 would fix them.

A planned port to the 64? Why didn't he think ahead and port it to the Gamecube? By the time the 64 port was complete, it might have been less than a year until the GC release.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I don't know, I mean in Path of Radiance who ever chooses bows outside of trying to get Oscar's triangle attack?

I always pick Bows for Kieran, but in PoR Hand Axes are so potent that you probably won't take that route with Oscar or Makalov.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I dunno about this - outside of Fates, which I mentioned, I don't really see getting getting bows as a secondary weapon to be that useful (case in point: PoR, for the reasons Emperor Hardin stated).

It is, though. For physical ranged combat, Bows are almost always the best choice unless you really need 1-2 range, which isn't as common as you might think. The main problem with Bows is lacking a 1 range option, but as long as you have another weapon type that issue goes away and Bows are good.