The Class You Hate the Most

Florina's #1 Fan

5 minutes ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:

Fates' RNG is extremely annoying. I got hit with a critical from my brother's Beruka on PVP, and she had about a 5% chance of hitting. Critical hits are calculated in the RNG after hit rates, which means he was so lucky he got the hit and then stacked a crit on top -_-

That's another thing - the hit rates you'd laugh off as a certain miss in other FE games tend to hit home much more often too. Anyways, how much was the crit chance?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's another thing - the hit rates you'd laugh off as a certain miss in other FE games tend to hit home much more often too. Anyways, how much was the crit chance?

The crit chance was massive, I think it was at least 70%, it came from a Berserker Beruka with some sort of club, probably a Great Club, so the crit didn't surprise me too much, not like the actual hit did. I just had confidence my Witch Elise!Nina wouldn't get hit. She's insanely evasive and she's how I win every match against him. Nina, Camilla, Charlotte, Hinoka, and Ignatius are usually unstoppable.

12 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And my worry about hit rates stems more from the fact that in most other FE games, you'd pretty much never expect anything with a hit rate of 90%+ to miss, yet high percent attacks tend to miss waaaaaaay more often in Fates (I've happened to see 2 92's miss consecutively).

Pre-Binding Blade single RN system was a wonderful thing. Nothing is guaranteed except that Anna will screw you over when you most certainly don’t need it. And that is/was much fun.

12 hours ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:

The crit chance was massive, I think it was at least 70%, it came from a Berserker Beruka with some sort of club, probably a Great Club, so the crit didn't surprise me too much, not like the actual hit did. I just had confidence my Witch Elise!Nina wouldn't get hit. She's insanely evasive and she's how I win every match against him. Nina, Camilla, Charlotte, Hinoka, and Ignatius are usually unstoppable.

To be frank, I'd be more surprised that he'd attack a unit his unit would be WTD'd against with the laughably inaccurate Not-So-Great Club. That 45 base accuracy is just begging to bite you in the ass...

13 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

To be frank, I'd be more surprised that he'd attack a unit his unit would be WTD'd against with the laughably inaccurate Not-So-Great Club. That 45 base accuracy is just begging to bite you in the ass...

I think it was just because he knew there was no way he was going to kill her unless he ran a serious risk. There's also that Beruka is entirely skill-based, so if anyone could hit with the Great Club, it would be her. 

He had to gamble hard, Elise!Nina is incredibly broken, the only thing that needed to be fixed was her skill, which was not improving, so I gave her Certain Blow from another castle's sniper Setsuna!Nina.

To be honest, I don't think there really are any classes I actually hate, or even dislike, although I will say that 3DSFE has probably kinda ruined Great Knights for me. They were never a particular favorite class of mine, really, but something about them in Awakening and Fates is just… really, really boring to me. I totally acknowledge that they're a useful class and all that, they're just… really bland, and their 3DS outfit designs aren't helping.

8 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

To be honest, I don't think there really are any classes I actually hate, or even dislike, although I will say that 3DSFE has probably kinda ruined Great Knights for me. They were never a particular favorite class of mine, really, but something about them in Awakening and Fates is just… really, really boring to me. I totally acknowledge that they're a useful class and all that, they're just… really bland, and their 3DS outfit designs aren't helping.

That reminds me, while I never liked Berserkers in general, their designs in the 3DS games really don't help.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:20 AM, Florina's #1 Fan said:

I think it was just because he knew there was no way he was going to kill her unless he ran a serious risk. There's also that Beruka is entirely skill-based, so if anyone could hit with the Great Club, it would be her. 

He had to gamble hard, Elise!Nina is incredibly broken, the only thing that needed to be fixed was her skill, which was not improving, so I gave her Certain Blow from another castle's sniper Setsuna!Nina.

I suppose that makes sense. But still, we're talking about one of the most inaccurate weapons in the series  (the only stuff I can think of that's as accurate or less accurate than it are Waste, FE6 Hammer, Imposing Axe, and Eclipse). I wouldn't expect to hit anything that isn't either an armor or using a weapon that drastically lowers their avoid without help.

While I already mentioned my most hated class a few pages back, as a continuation I'll add my least favorite playable class: Halberdier. I find them to be exceptionally bland, they don't stand out anywhere and they don't feel right as a mono-weapon class. I'd rather we get Wyvern Knight back for the mono-lances while Halberdiers pick up a sidearm.

40 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

While I already mentioned my most hated class a few pages back, as a continuation I'll add my least favorite playable class: Halberdier. I find them to be exceptionally bland, they don't stand out anywhere and they don't feel right as a mono-weapon class. I'd rather we get Wyvern Knight back for the mono-lances while Halberdiers pick up a sidearm.

When I was making a class tree for my own Fire Emblem story I considered making Sentinel and Halberdier completely separate promotions for the Soldier class.  Sentinels would be Lance-locked and have Critical +10, while Halberdiers could wield Lances and Axes.  I ended up not going through with it because these Halberdiers would have just ended up being worse Generals.

My least favorite classes tend to be anything axe locked. Some reason, I just hate axes as a weapon type in general. There are some specific character exceptions (Lex, Hector, Haar), but generally I just can't stand only using axes. Doesn't help that most axe classes are bad as a class (as has been mentioned many times in this thread), axes have high weight, or the fact that my axe users always seem to get RNG screwed (Boyd, you have a 45% speed growth. How can you be level 14, but still have 6 speed?).

I also don't like manakete or laguz/beast classes. Partially because I don't like limited usability, partially because I hate laguz mechanics, mostly because I don't like the character designs (as in, dragon lolis or people with animal features).

I guess I would say that I am not a huge fan of many of the Hoshido classes. Particularly the ones already mentioned (Apothecary, Merchant, Mechanist, Blacksmith, Kinshi Knight, and Master of Arms). They seem redundant and gimmicky in a bad way.

I hate the Hoshidan mages because I think they make magic less exiting then it should be. Just shooting animals out of their scroll makes their half of the magic system incredibly boring. 

Those guys aside I'd say hate is far to strong of a word. I don't ''hate'' any class, any of them will do in a pinch.

The class I value the least would be the Archer class. I just don't see any role that other classes can't fulfill better. Mages can already attack from long range without being unable to attack in close range. If you give a mage an anti flyer spell then they can have the Archer's effectiveness against Flyers too.

This leaves the only real unique role for Archers being able to use Balista's but that's incredibly situational.

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I hate the Hoshidan mages because I think they make magic less exiting then it should be. Just shooting animals out of their scroll makes their half of the magic system incredibly boring. 

That is another thing about the Hoshido classes: boring magic. Too bad the Horse Spirit and Calamity Gate are just so good because I never would use it otherwise.

9 minutes ago, KoimanZX said:

That is another thing about the Hoshido classes: boring magic. Too bad the Horse Spirit and Calamity Gate are just so good because I never would use it otherwise.

Sheep Spirit could be useful early on as a free Vulnerary. Dragon Spirit also has effectiveness, for what that's worth. Yeah scrolls are pretty sucky.

Then again, I've always though magic was underwhelming in Fates, barring armours. That's as much the units at fault though.

As for my thoughts on worst class, I'm really not sure on that one.

Edited by Dayni

The class that I actually dislike the most is actually cavalier/paladin. Every other class has several flaws, but that's the point. It's a tactics game, you're supposed to have units that have distinct strengths and weaknesses. Then you have units who can equip the entire weapon triangle (depending on the game), can fight at 1-2 range with hand axes and javelins, move farther than everyone else and usually have above average stats in mostly everything but resistance. Their only real weakness usually winds up being magic which most weapon users are weak to and the one obligatory desert/sand map in the game and the one unit with a horseslayer that's just there to punish you for not checking enemy weapons before fighting.

50 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Then again, I've always though magic was underwhelming in Fates, barring armours. That's as much the units at fault though.

Lightning was really nice, and Nosferatu got balanced. Mjolnir wasn't bad at all either, nor Horse Spirit and Calamity Gate as was mentioned. Why was Calamity Gate called that anyhow? Why not Pig or Dog Spirit, or after the 13th "fake" zodiac Cat Spirit? 

The major issue I think is that nobody in Fates is broken like Robin was. Everyone has some flaw. Leo is slow and has eh bases. Odin is tanky physically and accurate, but too slow and Magically lacking. Nyx has issues hitting things on top of being super glassy, and her wonderful Mag and Spd don't start that way. Orochi is powerful and accurate, and so is Izana, but both are glacially slow. Hayato is fast with decent Magic, but has hitting issues. Everyone else has some other issue to contend with, Elise and Sakura need to promote. Corrin, Saizo and Felicia want reclasses. All the kids who are good at magic need magic moms and support building to unlock at full potential.

A smaller and much second issue is the inclusion of magic in the weapon triangle. Since it curtails magic users from being amazing on all things physical. The Nosferatu nerf is a third- but that was needed we must admit.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lightning was really nice, and Nosferatu got balanced. Mjolnir wasn't bad at all either, nor Horse Spirit and Calamity Gate as was mentioned. Why was Calamity Gate called that anyhow? Why not Pig or Dog Spirit, or after the 13th "fake" zodiac Cat Spirit? 

The major issue I think is that nobody in Fates is broken like Robin was. Everyone has some flaw. Leo is slow and has eh bases. Odin is tanky physically and accurate, but too slow and Magically lacking. Nyx has issues hitting things on top of being super glassy, and her wonderful Mag and Spd don't start that way. Orochi is powerful and accurate, and so is Izana, but both are glacially slow. Hayato is fast with decent Magic, but has hitting issues. Everyone else has some other issue to contend with, Elise and Sakura need to promote. Corrin, Saizo and Felicia want reclasses. All the kids who are good at magic need magic moms and support building to unlock at full potential.

A smaller and much second issue is the inclusion of magic in the weapon triangle. Since it curtails magic users from being amazing on all things physical. The Nosferatu nerf is a third- but that was needed we must admit.

I never use Lightning or the Dragon Spirit because of the debuffs (I still managed to make it through Revelation on Lunatic, however). I also heard that the best reclass option for Saizou is Dread Fighter and wonder if that is true.

Anyway, I also am not a fan of Cavaliers/Paladins for the reasons already stated. (I wonder if classes like Kinshi Knight or Dark Flier would be considered as good without their skills as those are classes that really do not impress me otherwise).

I hate myrmidons with a passion. Most playable myrmidons in the Fire Emblem games I played lacked even something resembling a strength growth. It doesn't help that they are also locked to swords, which don't have a hand axe/javelin equivalent range weapon or have any impressive strength behind them. I feel myrmidons would work better with axes cause axes typically have the highest might out of the three weapon types and have the lowest hit rates which the myrmidon's abundance of skill would come into play. Swords already aren't great at dealing damage and are very accurate by themselves which makes the huge amounts of skill kinda unnecessary so I just find this class to be complete garbage. The only time I find this class something worth using is if I randomize the game and somebody which an actual strength growth becomes one, which can be nice since swordmasters come with crit built into them, which is one of the only redeemable things about them.  

On 9/23/2017 at 10:37 PM, Jiraqua said:

I hate myrmidons with a passion. Most playable myrmidons in the Fire Emblem games I played lacked even something resembling a strength growth. It doesn't help that they are also locked to swords, which don't have a hand axe/javelin equivalent range weapon or have any impressive strength behind them. I feel myrmidons would work better with axes cause axes typically have the highest might out of the three weapon types and have the lowest hit rates which the myrmidon's abundance of skill would come into play. Swords already aren't great at dealing damage and are very accurate by themselves which makes the huge amounts of skill kinda unnecessary so I just find this class to be complete garbage. The only time I find this class something worth using is if I randomize the game and somebody which an actual strength growth becomes one, which can be nice since swordmasters come with crit built into them, which is one of the only redeemable things about them.  

For curiosity's sake, what's your opinion of fighters, which tend to have the opposite problem? Also, fwiw, myrmidons are a pretty good class in FE6, though part of that is their insane crit bonus on promotion, as well as accuracy actually mattering.

On 9/22/2017 at 5:40 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally, I found Lightning and Mjolnir hardly worth using (Lightning has only 1 Mt, which I'm not sure the brave effect makes up for... and that's ignoring that braves in general are underwhelming in Fates. Mjolnir, otoh, is of a weapon class that's definitely seen better days). That being said, I can agree with you that the mages in Fates all have some flaw that holds them back.

On 9/25/2017 at 0:51 AM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

For curiosity's sake, what's your opinion of fighters, which tend to have the opposite problem? Also, fwiw, myrmidons are a pretty good class in FE6, though part of that is their insane crit bonus on promotion, as well as accuracy actually mattering.

I find Fighters to also be pretty bad due to usually bad skill and speed. Although I did enjoy using Charlotte in Fates (probaby because she got access to Berserker) and Geitz from Fire Emblem 7 cause his growths were pretty good for a prepromote Warrior and had both good bases and weapon ranks (I know Geitz is technically not a fighter but he is a Warrior which was their promotion in FE7 so cut me some slack). As myrimdons go, I only really liked Hana and Ryoma (mainly because how broken his weapon is). Even though that fighters have a lot more problems than myrimdons, I just always preferred them because I always preferred axe and lance units over swords and at least fighters can actually do good damage (if they hit) unlike myrimdons where you actually have to slap on more valuable weapons onto them (such as a killing edge) to actually get something done.

6 hours ago, Jiraqua said:

I find Fighters to also be pretty bad due to usually bad skill and speed. Although I did enjoy using Charlotte in Fates (probaby because she got access to Berserker) and Geitz from Fire Emblem 7 cause his growths were pretty good for a prepromote Warrior and had both good bases and weapon ranks (I know Geitz is technically not a fighter but he is a Warrior which was their promotion in FE7 so cut me some slack). As myrimdons go, I only really liked Hana and Ryoma (mainly because how broken his weapon is). Even though that fighters have a lot more problems than myrimdons, I just always preferred them because I always preferred axe and lance units over swords and at least fighters can actually do good damage (if they hit) unlike myrimdons where you actually have to slap on more valuable weapons onto them (such as a killing edge) to actually get something done.

What kills Fighters as a class for me is their tendency to have unimpressive stats in areas not named HP or Strength - even knights are better than this, in spite of what they tend to have going against them. The units that the class has don't help - most Fighters are mediocre to outright bad (the only respectable Fighters in the series I can think of are Nolan, Geitz, Barst, and Vaike). Anyway, I fail to see Berserker access as a point for Charlotte since Berserker's waaaaaaaaay better as an enemy class than it is as a player class in Fates. On the subject of myrmidons, why did you like Hana?

My Hana always turns out really good and better than Ryoma in all stats besides Defense and Hp and actually has strength (the only advantage Ryoma has is his weapon). I also disagree, I always find Berserkers to be an absolutely fantastic class, even in Fates. I don't mind the crit avoid penalty they have because I never train Arthur and Charlotte has very decent luck so they crit chance usually end up being pretty low. I feel people worry to much over low percent crits and chances are Charlotte wile be criting the enemy before they can attack her if you give her a killer axe (which is my favorite weapon on Berserkers).