The Class You Hate the Most

Florina's #1 Fan

1 hour ago, Jiraqua said:

My Hana always turns out really good and better than Ryoma in all stats besides Defense and Hp and actually has strength (the only advantage Ryoma has is his weapon). I also disagree, I always find Berserkers to be an absolutely fantastic class, even in Fates. I don't mind the crit avoid penalty they have because I never train Arthur and Charlotte has very decent luck so they crit chance usually end up being pretty low. I feel people worry to much over low percent crits and chances are Charlotte wile be criting the enemy before they can attack her if you give her a killer axe (which is my favorite weapon on Berserkers).

Bold: I feel just the opposite - people tend to be way too nonchalant about facing crit chances.

Her defense and HP are the big problem I have with Hana - and it doesn't help that she's surprisingly hittable. As for Berserkers, I just can't let the fact that they have a crit evade penalty slide at all, because crits are stacked in favor of the enemy (which is to say, they're aren't very potent in player hands, but they're very powerful in enemy hands). And Charlotte's luck isn't THAT great... which isn't helped by the changed crit evade formula (most other games had luck and Cev as point-for-point stats; this isn't so in Fates, which requires 2 points of luck to equal 1 point of Cev). And being axe-locked is far from ideal in Fates... especially when you're a high-risk, low-reward class. And killer weapons are pretty lackluster in Fates, which doesn't really help. Long story short, I'd rather not have to play Russian Roulette every time a Berserker sees combat. And I'm not convinced they were much better off in other games aside from the DS games.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one class I hate the most, huh ? Well I would say... er... Mercenaries / Heroes. (You won't see that too often).

Yes, I know, they are among the best unit you can get, with usually great stats overall and a nice crit ratio. But there's ALWAYS gonna be that one enemy Mercenary unit who'll attack me and get a stupid 2-5% Crit hit early on. Same for Heroes past Mid game. And when you're done with them on the battle map, they'll be waiting for you in the arena to ruin the day. There goes my salt and rage against this class. And last, Myrmidons / Swordmasters are my favorites classes in FE, so I usually bench Mercenaries when I get a swordfighter (and I won't get mad if a myrmidon gets a crit on me... ... well, kinda but... let's move on, shall we ?). 

Now... I said I usually bench mercenaries and heroes. However, 2 of them are exceptions : Ogma (from Shadow Dragon) and Echidna (from The Binding Blade). Ogma being one of the very few "actually good unit" of SD, and Echidna being a cool / interesting character with a nice design IMO.   

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

(the only respectable Fighters in the series I can think of are Nolan, Geitz, Barst, and Vaike).

While this is opinion and all, VAike is terrible from my experience, especially as a Fighter. His skill and speed are both terrible, while his strength and HP aren't good enough to make up for it.

Boyd in both of his appearances, Othin/Orsin, Halvan, Dagdar, Bartre, even Cord and Dice are all far better Fighters/Warriors then Vaike ever was without reclassing out of fighter.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

36 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

While this is opinion and all, VAike is terrible from my experience, especially as a Fighter. His skill and speed are both terrible, while his strength and HP aren't good enough to make up for it.

Boyd in both of his appearances, Othin/Orsin, Halvan, Dagdar, Bartre, even Cord and Dice are all far better Fighters/Warriors then Vaike ever was without reclassing out of fighter.

I would contest Bartre and RD Boyd, frankly - the former is just too slow and in a game where fighters don't get any speed boost on promotion, and the latter has an unimpressive speed base, and his biorhythm can really interfere with any attempts to use him. Most everyone else you mentioned is in a game that I haven't played.

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I would contest Bartre and RD Boyd, frankly - the former is just too slow and in a game where fighters don't get any speed boost on promotion, and the latter has an unimpressive speed base, and his biorhythm can really interfere with any attempts to use him. Most everyone else you mentioned is in a game that I haven't played.

Bartre's speed and defense is good.

RD Boyd has very high defense and is fast enough to not get doubled.

What are your pros for Vaike out of curiosity? He was worse then any fighter in any recent game for me, barring Bord.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

36 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Bartre's Speed and Defense are good.

Ehh... really?  I guess he has okay Defense, but I'm not too sure about his Speed.

Bartre.png.b6fac63b7e3181f00c98f7c70438804b.png

Here's my endgame Bartre, though, in case you're curious how he turned out.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Bartre's speed and defense is good.

RD Boyd has very high defense and is fast enough to not get doubled.

What are your pros for Vaike out of curiosity? He was worse then any fighter in any recent game for me, barring Bord.

I fail to see how his speed is good when his base speed is laughably bad (as in armor-level bad; hell, both of the armors have a better speed base than he does!) and his speed growth is only an okay 40%, which is not nearly good enough to make up for it. And as I stated earlier, he gets no speed bonus on promotion, which means that's all he has to rely on...  His defense is not particularly outstanding either.

He's fast enough to not get doubled, except by Swordmasters, but he's also too slow to double much of anything for quite a while, including Generals.

As for Vaike, I'd say having Hero access, as well as being able to take advantage of pair up, work in his favor.

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And killer weapons are pretty lackluster in Fates, which doesn't really help.

I wouldn't call Killers outright bad in Fates. Yes they're Iron in power now as opposed to be historically about Steel in might, and they have the -10 Avoid penalty and their Crit boost has been decreased by 5. Yet dodgetanking is unreliable in Fates, so that's not a terrible lost. Being infinite in uses now and having a 4x Crit multiplier makes them worth packing if you have a free slot. If you run your options and come to the realization that there is no way to kill X unit reliably in a certain scenario, might as well press your luck and use a Killer if it doesn't endanger anyone's life.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I fail to see how his speed is good when his base speed is laughably bad (as in armor-level bad; hell, both of the armors have a better speed base than he does!) and his speed growth is only an okay 40%, which is not nearly good enough to make up for it. And as I stated earlier, he gets no speed bonus on promotion, which means that's all he has to rely on...  His defense is not particularly outstanding either.

He's fast enough to not get doubled, except by Swordmasters, but he's also too slow to double much of anything for quite a while, including Generals.

As for Vaike, I'd say having Hero access, as well as being able to take advantage of pair up, work in his favor.

Vaike's speed is only 1 point higher then Kellam while only 2 levels higher. I'm not saying FE7 Bartre is great, but there's not much difference between him and Vaike. Also Bartre has an above average 25 growth in resistance.

Boyd can double Generals from my experience and his strength is nothing to sneeze at, poleaxes(axe equivalent to blade) also exist for him.

Ross, Garcia, Harold and Charlotte ALSO have access to Hero as do all DS Fighters. Hero is not Vaike's default either, so him doing better as a Brigand or Hero is not a point his favor. We're talking about good fighter class units, not characters who are good out of the main fighter class line.

For reference, Vaike has vastly superior growths as a mercenary or Brigand then Fighter. As a Barbarian he gets more speed, while the slightly higher skill growth isn't going to be put to use by him anyhow.

As for pair up, almost everyone who would benefit with a pairup with Vaike like Lon'qu or Sumia are better off pairing with other characters anyhow. 

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't call Killers outright bad in Fates. Yes they're Iron in power now as opposed to be historically about Steel in might, and they have the -10 Avoid penalty and their Crit boost has been decreased by 5. Yet dodgetanking is unreliable in Fates, so that's not a terrible lost. Being infinite in uses now and having a 4x Crit multiplier makes them worth packing if you have a free slot. If you run your options and come to the realization that there is no way to kill X unit reliably in a certain scenario, might as well press your luck and use a Killer if it doesn't endanger anyone's life.

The issue is that the 4x crit multiplier is blatant overkill since crits are likely to annihilate whoever ends up on the bad end of them unless they were taking barely any damage to begin with. The power drop is likely to be more meaningful than the 4x crit multiplier (as in, I'm more likely to miss KOs with a killer than not).

Vaike's speed is only 1 point higher then Kellam while only 2 levels higher. I'm not saying FE7 Bartre is great, but there's not much difference between him and Vaike. Also Bartre has an above average 25 growth in resistance.

Boyd can double Generals from my experience and his strength is nothing to sneeze at, poleaxes(axe equivalent to blade) also exist for him.

Ross, Garcia, Harold and Charlotte ALSO have access to Hero as do all DS Fighters. Hero is not Vaike's default either, so him doing better as a Brigand or Hero is not a point his favor. We're talking about good fighter class units, not characters who are good out of the main fighter class line.

For reference, Vaike has vastly superior growths as a mercenary or Brigand then Fighter. As a Barbarian he gets more speed, while the slightly higher skill growth isn't going to be put to use by him anyhow.

As for pair up, almost everyone who would benefit with a pairup with Vaike like Lon'qu or Sumia are better off pairing with other characters anyhow. 

Perhaps, but I'd sooner expect to see Vaike double than I'd see Bartre double anything that's not an armor or a soldier. And I'm not seeing how 25 is above average.

He has 18 base speed. Axe Generals (the slowest) have 15 base speed. So he wouldn't double even Axe Generals unless he got a couple points of speed, either by a speed transfer or from level ups. What's more, poleaxes are pretty inaccurate, so depending on biorhythm, Boyd might find his hit rates lacking.

And none of those you named would fit the bill for good fighter class units.

He can't access Mercenary (aside from Barbarian, his other class option is Thief). And even if he's got a better growth spread as a Barbarian, Second Seals are in very limited supply for most of the game, not to mention they require reaching level 10 before they can be used. Anyways, excepting Frederick, he's the only axe option until Cherche joins in chapter 12, as opposed to Bartre and RD Boyd being outclassed by other axe options that are available from the word go.

Perhaps so. But that doesn't mean I can't just give him, say, Kellam.

33 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Perhaps, but I'd sooner expect to see Vaike double than I'd see Bartre double anything that's not an armor or a soldier.

He has 18 base speed. Axe Generals (the slowest) have 15 base speed. So he wouldn't double even Axe Generals unless he got a couple points of speed, either by a speed transfer or from level ups.

And none of those you named would fit the bill for good fighter class units.

He can't access Mercenary (aside from Barbarian, his other class option is Thief). And even if he's got a better growth spread as a Barbarian, Second Seals are in very limited supply for most of the game, not to mention they require reaching level 10 before they can be used. Anyways, excepting Frederick, he's the only axe option until Cherche joins in chapter 12, as opposed to Bartre and RD Boyd being outclassed by other axe options that are available from the word go.

Perhaps so. But that doesn't mean I can't just give him, say, Kellam.

Vaike can't double anything if you're playing on hard or above.

RD Boyd's strength is high enough he can beat most classes anyhow anyhow. He has the advantage of being in a game that favors the use of axes.

All of those listed units are better in the fighter line then Vaike ever was. Charlotte is a far better Berserker then Vaike is a Warrior.

Hero is part of the Mercenary line, having the same growths. Second seals being in limited supply is a point against Vaike. And typically you're going to use it on Panne, who is a far better axe user then Vaike.

Kellam is low tier, if you put him with Vaike, neither will do well.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

25 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Vaike can't double anything if you're playing on hard or above.

And neither can Bartre, so what's your point?

RD Boyd's strength is high enough he can beat generals without doubling them anyhow. And one hit is all he needs to take out most units, something that doesn't apply to Viake.

Oh, I agree... If by most units, you meant mages, that is. But he'd have to use an inaccurate weapon to do so, putting him at risk of calamitous damage should he whiff.

All of those listed units are better in the fighter line then Vaike ever was. Charlotte is a far better Berserker then Vaike is a Warrior.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA... No. Two slugs, a liability, and a glass cannon. I wouldn't consider even one of them better. Ever.

Hero is part of the Mercenary line, having the same growths. Second seals being in limited supply is a point against Vaike. And typically you're going to use it on Panne, who is a far better axe user then Vaike.

Which is assuming I'm using Panne, to which I would ask, why the hell should I??? It also gives her three weaknesses, even if admittedly, two of them aren't that common. There's better stuff for me to do with my seals than use them on one of the few Awakening characters I actually dislike just to make her serviceable, but that's neither here nor there.

Kellam is low tier, if you put him with Vaike, neither will do well.

I was thinking more in terms of mutual benefit.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And neither can Bartre, so what's your point?

Oh, I agree... If by most units, you meant mages, that is. But he'd have to use an inaccurate weapon to do so, putting him at risk of calamitous damage should he whiff.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA... No. Two slugs, a liability, and a glass cannon. I wouldn't consider even one of them better. Ever.

Which is assuming I'm using Panne, to which I would ask, why the hell should I??? It also gives her three weaknesses, even if admittedly, two of them aren't that common. There's better stuff for me to do with my seals than use them on one of the few Awakening characters I actually dislike just to make her serviceable, but that's neither here nor there.

I was thinking more in terms of mutual benefit.

Point being Vaike has the same issues as Bartre, Bartre has better availability too.

RD Boyd can easily wreck cavalry soon as you get him. Also if you have a PoR save file, Boyd's availability and position as one of the best infantry units in the latter makes it likely he will have capped stats and be at max level.

Vaike is easily slower then everyone but Garcia and is inaccurate, meanwhile Charlotte is rather speedy even before promotion to Berserker or Hero and won't have troubling like Vaike. Ross, unlike the other trainees, can easily get EXP in his default chapter due to early joining time and the usefulness of the hatchet. Arthur has a higher position in conquest's tier then Vaike has in Awakening's tier lists.

Enemies almost never use effective weaponry in Awakening and Wyvern rider Panne is universally agreed to be one of the best early reclasses in the game. Panne is pretty much top candidate for the seal on lunatic mode.

It doesn't matter because both Kellam and Vaike will quickly be benched for better defensive and offensive units respectively anyhow.

Point being Vaike has the same issues as Bartre, Bartre has better availability too.

RD Boyd can easily wreck cavalry soon as you get him. Also if you have a PoR save file, Boyd's availability and position as one of the best infantry units in the latter makes it likely he will have capped stats and be at max level.

Vaike is easily slower then everyone but Garcia and is inaccurate, meanwhile Charlotte is rather speedy even before promotion to Berserker or Hero and won't have troubling like Vaike. Ross, unlike the other trainees, can easily get EXP in his default chapter due to early joining time and the usefulness of the hatchet. Arthur has a higher position in conquest's tier then Vaike has in Awakening's tier lists.

Enemies almost never use effective weaponry in Awakening and Wyvern rider Panne is universally agreed to be one of the best early reclasses in the game. Panne is pretty much top candidate for the seal on lunatic mode.

It doesn't matter because both Kellam and Vaike will quickly be benched for better defensive and offensive units respectively anyhow.

Better availability doesn't mean much to me if you suck or drag the team down, which Bartre does, far as I'm concerned.

So I have to play through 29 chapters of a totally different game and max Boyd's level for him to have a chance of not having a bad speed base???

Charlotte is speedy, but she's also rather inaccurate. Oh, and as an extra strike against her, she's underleveled. And frankly, Fates is the last game I'd want to use a Berserker in, since their crit evade penalty is a huge dealbreaker. Arthur... well, about the only thing I see him praised for is that he's a good pair up bot, which is about the only thing he has going for him. And I dunno about you, but since they both tend to have speed problems, Ross and Garcia would not benefit from Warrior, since it doesn't give them any speed on promotion. Ross also doesn't get any speed from promoting into Fighter. 

Which I stated earlier:

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

admittedly, two of them aren't that common

But it still doesn't do anything to change the fact that I hate Panne's guts and wouldn't use her no matter how good she was...

Hmm.... Just like I'd quickly bench those four units you mentioned?

32 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Better availability doesn't mean much to me if you suck or drag the team down, which Bartre does, far as I'm concerned.

So I have to play through 29 chapters of a totally different game and max Boyd's level for him to have a chance of not having a bad speed base???

Charlotte is speedy, but she's also rather inaccurate. Oh, and as an extra strike against her, she's underleveled. And frankly, Fates is the last game I'd want to use a Berserker in, since their crit evade penalty is a huge dealbreaker. Arthur... well, about the only thing I see him praised for is that he's a good pair up bot, which is about the only thing he has going for him. And I dunno about you, but since they both tend to have speed problems, Ross and Garcia would not benefit from Warrior, since it doesn't give them any speed on promotion. Ross also doesn't get any speed from promoting into Fighter. 

Which I stated earlier:

But it still doesn't do anything to change the fact that I hate Panne's guts and wouldn't use her no matter how good she was...

So does Vaike by that same logic.

As mentioned even without it, RD Boyd is strong enough to kill most enemies at base. Also POR Boyd is one of the easiest units to max.

And Vaike is slow as well as inaccurate. His availability isn't good either, he has to wait a good deal to turn to even get an axe in his debut.

No, enemy critical still isn't likely to happen and the critical bonus is larger then any other class. Berserkers aren't mean to be defensive powerhouses. 

And Vaike doesn't benefit from being a Warrior and is better is any other class available to him.

Whether or not you dislike Panne, I don't like her either, doesn't change that she completely outclasses Vaike as an axe user.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

No, enemy critical still isn't likely to happen and the critical bonus is larger then any other class. Berserkers aren't mean to be defensive powerhouses. 

Idgaf that enemy crits aren't likely to happen. I care about the fact that using a Berserker in Fates is like using High Jump Kick in Pokemon except even riskier - get unlucky, and you just might auto-lose the whole game instead of just the Pokemon you're using. I have zero tolerance for having to play Russian Roulette every time a unit enters combat. And it doesn't help that crits are much more useful for the enemy than they are for the player...

9 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Whether or not you dislike Panne, I don't like her either, doesn't change that she completely outclasses Vaike as an axe user.

Yeah, at the cost of a precious Second Seal that I could do other stuff with.

11 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

As mentioned even without it, RD Boyd is strong enough to kill most enemies at base. Also POR Boyd is one of the easiest units to max.

Except RD Boyd has HP and Strength as his only particularly high stats. And the issue with transfers is that by their very nature, they practically require a unit to be blessed in a particular stat.

18 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

And Vaike doesn't benefit from being a Warrior and is better is any other class available to him.

Likewise for Charlotte and Arthur - I would get more mileage out of them in most any other physical class.

15 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Idgaf that enemy crits aren't likely to happen. I care about the fact that using a Berserker in Fates is like using High Jump Kick in Pokemon except even riskier - get unlucky, and you just might auto-lose the whole game instead of just the Pokemon you're using. I have zero tolerance for having to play Russian Roulette every time a unit enters combat. And it doesn't help that crits are much more useful for the enemy than they are for the player...

Yeah, at the cost of a precious Second Seal that I could do other stuff with.

Except RD Boyd has HP and Strength as his only particularly high stats. And the issue with transfers is that by their very nature, they practically require a unit to be blessed in a particular stat.

Likewise for Charlotte and Arthur - I would get more mileage out of them in most any other physical class.

Rallies exist and you can easily use healers to help Berserkers. Additionally the enemy has to hit them first.

There's a reason Panne is top tier in all tier lists, she is the best candidate for the second seal by far.

And RD Boyd's base strength makes him able to defeat most units when he joins. Also he's one of the best infantry units in POR and joins at the very beginning, along with Oscar and Ike himself, he is one of the easiest characters to get to max level. 

Charlotte's speed makes her much more worthwhile as a Berserker. One such consensus here.

I gotta say that I agree with  wyvern!Panne as a second seal candidate- one of the only lunatic and lunatic+ charathers who becomes usable through stat growths alone rather than mixture of skills really. 

I don't really like vaike, but it doesn't have anything to do with inherent weakness of awakening fighter class line (at least warrior, berserker not so much). Normal and Hard mode opens up more or less free hand axe use wyvern knights and great knights preffered, and the axe/bow combination allows you to control yourself around enemies with counter on lunatic and lunatic +. Granted that warrior usage in Lunatic is mostly going to be male Morgan.

7 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Rallies exist and you can easily use healers to help Berserkers. Additionally the enemy has to hit them first.

There's a reason Panne is top tier in all tier lists, she is the best candidate for the second seal by far.

And RD Boyd's base strength makes him able to defeat most units when he joins. Also he's one of the best infantry units in POR and joins at the very beginning, along with Oscar and Ike himself, he is one of the easiest characters to get to max level. 

Charlotte's speed makes her much more worthwhile as a Berserker. One such consensus here.

So what? Anyone can benefit from rallies. And with dodging being unreliable as a defense in Fates for various reasons, their poor defenses and crit evade penalty are blatant weaknesses. After all, a healer can't be used to help someone who's dead. Anyways, you aren't going to convince me Berserkers aren't a bad class in Fates, so get a clue, do us both a favour, and give up.

I. Don't. Care. Those second seals are going to whoever I want to use them on, NOT someone who's stuck in the worst class in the game and needs them to stand out.

I'm not contesting that he's one of the best infantry units in PoR. But considering the dominance of mounted units in said game, the feasibility of maxing his level out is something I might have to call into question.

Trying to use old polls to shore up your argument... Really now??? *hysterical but honest laughter*

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I. Don't. Care. Those second seals are going to whoever I want to use them on, NOT someone who's stuck in the worst class in the game and needs them to stand out.

So drop the argument against Panne completely. You're admitting to total subjectiveness here. You can play any FE however you want. 

But when trying to make an objective debate of gameplay potency among FE characters, you must set aside your personal irrational dislikes and focus on making logical, "objective" arguments and counterarguments. Either sober up and admit there might be a strong argument in giving her a Second Seal or try to make a good counterargument (and you are making some efforts here) why she doesn't deserve it. If you can't do either, then you're disqualified from debating her. Since then you're just bashing her and bashing is not civil debating.

For me the #1 worst class is Pegasus units, a fix for me would be to increase their hp, str and def a little bit so that the bases and growths in these areas are more comparable to a cavalier. Some other classes that I struggle would be knights but I always promote them to Great Knight so problem solved there, I would however like to see Great Knight be made exclusive to the Armor knight class and give Cavaliers the Gold Knight class. 

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

So what? Anyone can benefit from rallies. And with dodging being unreliable as a defense in Fates for various reasons, their poor defenses and crit evade penalty are blatant weaknesses. After all, a healer can't be used to help someone who's dead. Anyways, you aren't going to convince me Berserkers aren't a bad class in Fates, so get a clue, do us both a favour, and give up.

I'm not contesting that he's one of the best infantry units in PoR. But considering the dominance of mounted units in said game, the feasibility of maxing his level out is something I might have to call into question.

Trying to use old polls to shore up your argument... Really now??? *hysterical but honest laughter*

Not really blatant weaknesses, as they can ORKO almost any enemy unit. 

Ok, so you admit your hatred of Berserkers is based solely on opinion rather then professional players, ok.

Well that could apply to any character. And Panne being that much better out of Taguel is why she's the best candidate. As a taguel, she's average, as a Wyvern rider, her stats are absurd.

Boyd you get in the beginning of the game long before you get units like Oscar. And even with all the mounted units, there is still room for POR Boyd. One tier list.

Laughter at recent polls that show 56 people voted for Berserker as Charlotte's best class for conquest, while 2 voted for hero? Clearly professional tier list makers and the overwhelming majority strongly disagree with you.

Also I hate this character is opinion, not fact. Hating a character doesn't make them low tier.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Not really blatant weaknesses, as they can ORKO almost any enemy unit. 

Ok, so you admit your hatred of Berserkers is based solely on opinion rather then professional players, ok.

Well that could apply to any character. And Panne being that much better out of Taguel is why she's the best candidate. As a taguel, she's average, as a Wyvern rider, her stats are absurd.

Boyd you get in the beginning of the game long before you get units like Oscar. And even with all the mounted units, there is still room for POR Boyd. One tier list.

Laughter at recent polls that show 56 people voted for Berserker as Charlotte's best class for conquest, while 2 voted for hero? Clearly professional tier list makers and the overwhelming majority strongly disagree with you.

Also I hate this character is opinion, not fact. Hating a character doesn't make them low tier.

Sure, they can easily defeat enemy units, but that doesn't help me when they auto-lose to bad RNG (and Fates, especially Conquest, is rather unforgiving).

It's also based on the fact that like I said before, they're risky to use, and not nearly rewarding enough to make up for it.

True enough.

You do realize that thread is from aeons ago?

Yes, I'm laughing at a so-called "recent" poll... that happens to be from way back when the game was only out in Japan. Thus I could comfortably assume that most of the voters either had not played it or, if they had, had imported it. If you really think this helps your argument, then you're either naive or delusional.