So I just killed rudolf with alm

WARNING... if you have not played Echoes up to Rigel castle and beaten it, DO NOT READ AHEAD unless you want MAJOR spoilers!

So I decided to finish off Rudolf with Alm, thinking I'd finish the war with who I started it with. And now that I found out Rudolf is Alm's father, I am just now realizing I had Alm kill his own father. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

To be honest you play as Alm or Celicia... so that's basically if Alm did the order himself.

I know, but it still feels kind of wrong having a son kill his own father.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

What with his high crit in Echoes, I kinda had to kill him with Alm because he had Scendscale, and I needed other units to surround him (Forsyth died at least 3 times to a crit from him).

Feeling bad about it is fine.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What with his high crit in Echoes, I kinda had to kill him with Alm because he had Scendscale, and I needed other units to surround him (Forsyth died at least 3 times to a crit from him).

Feeling bad about it is fine.

That's actually how I finished him off, had some units gang up on him, Clive, Forsyth, and I think one other, I don't remember. I was lucky to not get hit by a crit. Then I used scendscale.

i more of feel bad for alm because I made him kill his own father.

Well, I mean given that Rudolf never attacks Alm, it's best to have Alm go after him instead.  Better if you can bait Rudolf into engaging Alm so that you can have everyone with ranged weapons gang up on him.

Also, Mycen knew about all of this, yet he let Alm kill him without him knowing Rudolf was his papa.  Let that sink in for a moment...

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Well, I mean given that Rudolf never attacks Alm, it's best to have Alm go after him instead.  Better if you can bait Rudolf into engaging Alm so that you can have everyone with ranged weapons gang up on him.

Also, Mycen knew about all of this, yet he let Alm kill him without him knowing Rudolf was his papa.  Let that sink in for a moment...

Jesus Christ Mycen.

also seriously, Rudolf will NOT hit alm??

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

also seriously, Rudolf will NOT hit alm??

Never.  If you attack him with Alm, he will not counterattack.  And if he ever engages Alm (I don't even remember if he does), he simply just lets Alm hit him.

There's even a dialogue for when this happens, if it even does.

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

And if he ever engages Alm (I don't even remember if he does)

I just wanted to confirm that he can engage Alm.

Anyway, Rudlof not attacking Alm is a detail that I really enjoyed. It made the battle really easy, but it was a nice touch.

11 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Jesus Christ Mycen.

Minor spoiler for the end of Act 4:

Spoiler

And when Alm confronts him on in, Mycen just tells him to get over it. Classy.

6 minutes ago, CriticalMiss said:

I just wanted to confirm that he can engage Alm.

Anyway, Rudlof not attacking Alm is a detail that I really enjoyed. It made the battle really easy, but it was a nice touch.

Minor spoiler for the end of Act 4:

Hide contents

And when Alm confronts him on in, Mycen just tells him to get over it. Classy.

Don't worry about spoilers, I'm in the Duma temple, I just finished fighting Berkut after he made his fiancé a witch.

that really is a nice detail. What was the dialogue exactly, alm only got the finishing move, I didn't see it

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

that really is a nice detail. What was the dialogue exactly, alm only got the finishing move, I didn't see it

When it's Rudolf's turn to attack, he just stands still. A message pops up that reads, "Rudolf isn't attacking for some reason." Then, on the first round of combat between Alm and Rudolf, this conversation takes place:

Alm: What’s going on? Why won’t you attack? What are you planning, Rudolf?!

Rudolf: ……

Source: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/game-script/act-4-rigel-falls-rigel-castle/

4 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Don't worry about spoilers, I'm in the Duma temple, I just finished fighting Berkut after he made his fiancé a witch.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy the ending.

10 minutes ago, CriticalMiss said:

When it's Rudolf's turn to attack, he just stands still. A message pops up that reads, "Rudolf isn't attacking for some reason." Then, on the first round of combat between Alm and Rudolf, this conversation takes place:

Alm: What’s going on? Why won’t you attack? What are you planning, Rudolf?!

Rudolf: ……

Source: https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/game-script/act-4-rigel-falls-rigel-castle/

Good luck! I hope you enjoy the ending.

I hope I do as well.

also WHY THE HELL IS A IDOL TO MILA IN THE TEMPLE OF DUMA!!!!!!????

6 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I hope I do as well.

also WHY THE HELL IS A IDOL TO MILA IN THE TEMPLE OF DUMA!!!!!!????

I have no idea. That there's also one in the Tower of Duma might be even stranger. But, hey, at least there's a place to save and recharge the Turnwheel, I guess.

4 minutes ago, CriticalMiss said:

I have no idea. That there's also one in the Tower of Duma might be even stranger. But, hey, at least there's a place to save and recharge the Turnwheel, I guess.

Yeah I guess so.

also, thank Mila/meyneth/Naga/Arceus/Palutena/Viridi for my will to explore, because I found GRADIVUS

6 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

WARNING... if you have not played Echoes up to Rigel castle and beaten it, DO NOT READ AHEAD unless you want MAJOR spoilers!

So I decided to finish off Rudolf with Alm, thinking I'd finish the war with who I started it with. And now that I found out Rudolf is Alm's father, I am just now realizing I had Alm kill his own father. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Thats actually a legitimate strategy, particularly in the NES version where Rudolf is quite ridiculous unless you've been grinding a whole lot.

4 hours ago, CriticalMiss said:

You know Shadows of Valentia really should've used the Duma shrine model more..

Edited by Emperor Hardin

5 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Thats actually a legitimate strategy, particularly in the NES version where Rudolf is quite ridiculous unless you've been grinding a whole lot.

I do know it's a legit strategy because of ScendScale. My issue is that instead of alm's army just killing his father, I had Alm HIMSELF deal the killing blow to his father. I made a boy kill his father. 

21 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I'm Pm'ing you. I don't want to derail this thread further and attract the mods.

Too late. :P:

I decided that physical weapons were overrated, so I used a ton of Excalibur to do my job.  I also stalled that map like no one's business.

16 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Duma Shrine model? What do you mean by that? The statue at the entrance to Fear Mountain Shrine?

The issue with the idea of Duma Shrines is that Alm and Celica specifically favor Mila being raised as Zofians. It'd be odd that they'd make an offering to Duma, particularly since he is the god of the enemy nation that invaded and Duma isn't quite sane. Imagine offering him a libation, instead of fatigue being removed, everyone is suddenly afflicted with the Berserk status.

However, the Mountain Village interestingly has a lumberjack you help in a little sidequest who carves a statue of Duma. Duma he says curses him for it with a Terror attack, but the fact he, a Zofian, did it in the first place suggests that there are perfectly normal average and acceptable Duma (or Mila & Duma) worshippers in Zofia.

Also, what is the point of Rudolf holding back on Alm? If Rudolf has been trying to test Alm all this time, letting him potentially meet death at the hands of countless individuals who don't know he's the emperor's son with a destiny, then why doesn't he personally test his son? You'd think he'd have the self control to avoid killing him while still fighting at full or near full power, which should be a good test to see if his son is truly capable of confronting Duma.