I Think my House Is Haunted. I'm not joking

Captain Karnage

So umm, there have always been little things happening around my house that I've grown up in. Like the furnature being moved back an inch, pictures on the wall being tilted sideways, picture of myself being turned face down. BUT TONIGHT WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL, so I'm sitting at my desktop working on a paper for class and then I start hearing a knocking sound, it sounds like someone's knocking on a wooden door, at first I didn't know what to make of it, and then I heard it again, and I know I'm not imagining things because my dogs go over to the windows and look outside and they don't react, I'm scared because I have no idea what's going on. Then I begin to hear the sound coming from upstairs on the same side of the house, here's the crazy part, ther's no door on that wall because it's up in the air. GUYS I'M FREAKING THE FUCK OUT, this happened not even 15 miniutes ago, and as I just wrote this the lights started to flicker, I don't know what to do, I'm fucking scared and I really don't want to sleep. I'm scared to move around in my home

Choices

1. Grow up and realize that there is no such a thing as a "haunted house" and that there's a reason for everything

2. Stay awake all night because lord knows what the heck is gonna happen the second you close your eyes

3. Call someone and stay on the phone with them as you investigate such occurrences.

:thinking:

Edited by Arcanite

I'll be honest, something of that sort happened to my parents and oldest sister when they were in their old house.

Basically, stuff like things being moved around and e.t.c. But once, in that house, my cousin visited for some days, and then during the final day of his visit, he decided to go back home during (iirc) the evening. Later, that night, my father saw someone who looked exactly like my cousin in the bathroom. He assumed it was said cousin and went back to watch some TV in the lounge, but realized that he already left during the evening. Immediately, my father felt someone grapped his hand and tried to pull him up, quite hard. It stopped after my mother came in the lounge to see what was happening. My father still felt pain his hand for a few days.

Same stuff happened with my second oldest sister the last three months. Whenever she was awake, or woke up, after midnight, she felt like as if someone entered her room and then left. She apparently even heard my father call her during the night, but she found him sound asleep, along with my mother, in their room. 

We believe that jinns were the ones to cause this events. (yes, we believe in jinns).

And also, according to what we believe, jinns are awake (or you could say "active") during the night. So, uh, yeah....

However, as others said, it's probably an Eathquake or maybe it was stormy or windy outside.

Say nothing, and drink to forget.

Question: are there trees near your house? Because if it was windy, they could have hit the house and made the knocking sounds. It is also possible that they hit the wires, which would make the lights flicker. And yes, it is always possible it was just a hallucination due to sleep depravity or stress.

If anybody's house is haunted, it's mine. It's over 110 years old and has been the site of at least three deaths, one of which happened to a young man with no apparent cause. When we moved in, the cabinets were full of rat skeletons and mutilated baby dolls, and the refrigerator was full of pickled... things (we aren't sure what they actually were). Furthermore, we are 100 yards from the spot where the man who fired the first shot of the Civil War shot himself after the war ended. But I generally little stock in such things.