Your First 5 Star

Inferno lizard

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick. Not simply because he's my favorite FE character not named Ike either. I pulled no 5 star units in almost the first two months of the game. My very first one had to be an upgrade, and due to favoritism, that was Freddy. :P

He's still a big part of my group now too, especially since he got a merge and is my summoner support. :3

Wait, really? My story was dependent on yours, but it appears I didn't pay close enough attention...

Like you, I didn't have five stars for a long part of the game's life cycle. I was pretty resigned to it, until I saw you got your first 5* in the new topic listing. I realised "it's probably my turn soon", and had a pull around that time. Hi, +Atk -Def Effie!

I think I have a +Atk -Spd 4* Effie in my barracks now, so she might need merging, but that Effie was a big part of my roster until I got Fae, Ryoma and Klein... well, for how much I sing Fae's praises today, Fae was level 26 and unused until around the time of the Voting Gauntlet I started sending her out.

31 minutes ago, Eridras said:

The first unit on my first pull was Leo. Back then, he seemed pretty amazing, with his high movement and cool attack, so I didn't bother rerolling. He quickly fell off.  By then I didn't want to lose my time invested, so I stuck with that account. He's +Spd -Res, which would be great...on almost anyone but him. 

I run a +Spd/-Res Leo, he was my second pulled 5*.  He's probably one of my most used units in the game, between Brynhildrkiting, and being good with Horse buffs.  Being the only Red horsemage in the game also helps him.

Sure, it's not the best nature for him, but it's not unusable by any means.

16 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait, really? My story was dependent on yours, but it appears I didn't pay close enough attention...

Like you, I didn't have five stars for a long part of the game's life cycle. I was pretty resigned to it, until I saw you got your first 5* in the new topic listing. I realised "it's probably my turn soon", and had a pull around that time. Hi, +Atk -Def Effie!

Wait, what? I don't understand what you mean here. Why was your story dependent on mine, exactly?

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, what? I don't understand what you mean here. Why was your story dependent on mine, exactly?

I got my first 5* shortly I noticed you got yours. At the time, you were complaining about it a lot, so I realised that I'd be getting mine soon as well.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I got my first 5* shortly I noticed you got yours. At the time, you were complaining about it a lot, so I realised that I'd be getting mine soon as well.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I did complain about it a lot... But I was mostly just jealous at everyone else's 5 stars. xP

Technically, my first 5 star was a Cain(to this day I still don't know his boon/bane, he didn't stay on the team long due to other acquisitions, and I never got him to level 40) but within the same summoning session I also got my original +Spd/-Atk Lucina, who was the reason I kept the account instead of continuing to reroll(this was the first account that had a 5 Star, though). Lucina was eventually merged into a +Atk/-Res version of herself that I rolled later, while Cain still sits in my inventory, waiting until something needs a Brave sword+. My next 5 Star after this initial pull was a +Atk/-Hp Lyn, and between the two of them being characters I really wanted to use, it'd no surprised that Cain fell behind and was eventually replaced with a Blue and Green unit to support the sword girls.

Very first one, Roy/Elise, both of them were on a alt though and it was through a rom and the data got corrupted so yeah. But on my main file it was Lilina in the sibling banner (like the first new character banner) and she's remained my figurehead to this day, I don't remember her stats as now she's merged some and fully maxed out in terms of skills.

First summoning session of the game back when it launched, and I got Minerva, my most wanted character at the time, and my best unit for the entire story mode (well, the first 9 chapters anyway). +HP/-Def, which isn't outstanding (although it wouldn't have mattered as much if I had ever given her Life and Death, which I considered a bad skill at the time. Oh, how things have changed). I later pulled another one, so she was also my first 5-star +1 (didn't know about boons/banes at the time, or else I might've merged the other way around). Marth was pulled just a few sessions later and... I just realized that he's also +HP/-Def. Huh. I do have a 4-star +Def/-HP that I plan to promote and merge though.

My first 5* was a +HP/-Atk Nowi, Since then, I pulled +Atk/-Res one, so my first Nowi got merged. The oldest 5* unit I still have is Lucina, who I got in my second summoning session. With a +Spd/-HP nature, she's the one who received the merge instead of serving as merge fodder. She also has the distinction of being my 5* exclusive units with the highest merge level at +6. In fact, she was my highest merge level character until this after-noon when I made my 5* Nino +10.

Nowi helped me a lot while I was doing the story chapters thanks to her built-in DC, but I haven't used her all that much lately, since the blue spot on my arena team is filled by Azura. Lucina is still on my main arena team however.

My first five star and like my second summon was 5* +Def -HP Marth today he's receive some use but not a large amount. The funny part is that he was kind of an accident I didn't mean to summon on that banner at all because I really wanted Lyn, Roy and Takumi (i've gotten three Lyn's since then lol, she was actually my second five star).  But I'm happy I did get him as he was the only one I wanted from that banner besides Y! Tiki. 

I didn't get a 5 star hero until my second week of playing, and it would be a Jakob. It crushed my heart to hear he wasn't particularly good so I dived into reroll hell.

10 or so rerolls later, I would be greeted with yet another 5 star Jakob, who I grudgingly accepted to escape reroll hell. It wouldn't last long, however, as I would later pull an Eirika and a Minerva. Both of them still see use, but Jakob sadly did not even get to see the launch of skill inheritance.

My first 5 star was a +Res-Hp Leo. Might be not the most optimal boon/bane for him, but he is my most used unit and I still use him as the leader of my Team 1. I spent a lot of time on him to make him even stronger.

@libtard snowflake Takumi is still pretty good. Other than Bridal Cordelia and CYL Lyn, Takumi is still one of the best archers in the game, alongside Innes, Leon and Klein.

Edited by Water Mage

My first 5* is Hector [+Def, -HP]. Although I got him for free, I got hooked onto that feeling of summoning good units, so I immediately spent my first $40.00 on the game after I summoned him.

2 hours ago, Eridras said:

The first unit on my first pull was Leo. Back then, he seemed pretty amazing, with his high movement and cool attack, so I didn't bother rerolling. He quickly fell off.  By then I didn't want to lose my time invested, so I stuck with that account. He's +Spd -Res, which would be great...on almost anyone but him. 

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I run a +Spd/-Res Leo, he was my second pulled 5*.  He's probably one of my most used units in the game, between Brynhildrkiting, and being good with Horse buffs.  Being the only Red horsemage in the game also helps him.

Sure, it's not the best nature for him, but it's not unusable by any means.

That is his best boon, depending on his set. With Life and Death and Hone Cavalry buffs, his Rauðrblade hits pretty hard and he can double a few units. I think -Def is his best bane, but as long as you got the right boons, the banes do not matter very much. It is very heavy in terms of investment though.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

@libtard snowflake Takumi is still pretty good. Other than Bridal Cordelia and CYL Lyn, Takumi is still one of the best archers in the game, alongside Innes, Leon and Klein.

he's like A+ now? its alright I guess, but he is one shotted by most of the mages in meta, cant double as reliably as other ranged units. vantage/vengeance is pretty deadly so i guess he still has that going for him. 

the other archers you listed are better than takumi. wouldnt really say that they are alongside him

Elise was my first five star unit, she helped me through the campaign, and was my second level forty unit. Luckily thanks to pulling a Wrathful Staff... er I mean Genny quickly after her introduction, she's still used as a very offensive healer and a tempest trials mainstay.