What is your favorite class in Fire Emblem of all time?

My favorite class in Fire Emblem ever, is the Hero Class, they can use both Swords and Axes, they are a far better choice than a Bow Knight, they have good strength, and very good defense, so they can pack a punch, and take some hits, I found the Hero class the most reliable class in all of Fire Emblem.

The Myrmidon class line would have to be my pick. I love the way they fight and look; with some of my favorite characters being Myrmidons.

I also have a soft spot for the Mercenary line, the Shaman line. and the Dread Fighter class (which is technically a part of the Mercenary line, if only for one game).

Cav knights and Peg knights for me! Though a big part of it is my love of horses. :P But they've been pretty reliable in most FE games I've played too, and I like a lot of the characters in these classes.

Btw, this should be in the General FE section.

Rogues/Assassins. I love playing rogues in most RPGs to begin with, always one of my go to classes. No different with Fire Emblem, I used Volke in RD and PoR even though rogues werent that great, I made my avatar an Assassin on my first run through Awakening, and a Butler on my first run through Revelation. Love rogues, probably always will.

Heroes. Just an all around good class, never had a a Hero who was terrible. They have always been at the very least a reliable unit. They also have some of the best designs in the series, the high point for them right now being Fates.

War Monk. Probably the closest FE will get to a traditional war priest type. I really liked this unit, even though it was regarded as a pretty bad class. I love the concept behind it, and want to see at least a melee oriented healer return in the future. Whether they use swords, lances, or axes is ok with me.

Great Knight. I can thank Frederick and Peri for my love of Great Knights. Just a solid class, I really like the idea of a high defense cavalier with control over the weapon triangle. That and both Frederick and Peri were solid units as Great Knights, both were easily one of my best units in their games.

Dark Mages. Fates was a huge disapointment here, and I have not been a big fan of the 3DS design for them, but I still love the class regardless. I want to see dark magic spells return though, Fates really dropped the ball there with Nosferatu being the only choice.

Pegasus knights all the way, high mobility, solid hit and dodge chances, great for rescue-drops in GBA games or tradestrats, double basically anyone. They're basically always useful.

As for units I enjoy using, but aren't that great, myrmidons and swordmasters.

I absolutely love pegasus knights. I have a principle that states I will never do an FE run-through without a pegasus knight. I've used Florina, Thany, Fury, Hinoka, Subaki, Sumia, Cordelia, Tana, and in FE4, I haven't gotten to the second gen yet, but I have sacrificed Ced's growths to get the best Fee I could (Lex!Fee looks really good). Even when I can't get the class to work out for the character (like Subaki), I always treat them like they are my precious children and reclass them to perfection (Master of Arms Subaki is amazing).

I also really like snipers, because I admire most archer characters (with the exception of Takumi and Virion) and there aren't many enemy units that can counterattack archers and hit once you've trained them. Setsuna, despite being a horrible unit, holds a special place in my heart just because I find her absolutely hilarious.

Honorable mentions: Assassins (swordmasters are cool, but Awakening was the first game I played, and swordmasters were nothing in comparison to assassins), heroes (never have I gotten a hero that can't pull their own weight and then some), and monks (Lucius is a lifesaver on FE7, screw Erk and Canas, Lucius is seriously the best magic unit in that game, and I like Artur much better than Lute as well)

Cavilers have always been my favorite class since their high mobility and sword-lance combo is super useful early on in every FE I've played so far and they only get better once you've class changed them into Paladins or Great Knights.

Monk because Lucius. Ok I guess in general the gba light magic was a favorite of mine due to thematics and the fact it basically doubles every enemy. The attack animation is also really satisfying!

Likely the Mage Knight from FE8 for me, which is comparable to the Dark Knight from FE13. In my opinion, mounted casters are about the raddest thing ever conceived, with Dark Fliers coming in at a somewhat close second. 

• 3 weeks later...

The one where this gets posted to the correct section.  I'm disappointed in those of you that answered, and didn't bother alerting a mod that this was in here.

I would have to go with archers simply because three of my favorite characters in the series (Rebecca, Innes and Setsuna) happens to be in that class. I also like dark mages and cavaliers.

Edited by Faustino

Mercenary/Hero: very reliable class with good skill and balanced stats. They use swords and axes, the axes giving them a good reason to have that high skill. Also, in most games there's that one mercenary you get early that starts great and is just incredible throughout the game.