Tempest Trials: Moment of Fate!

Vaximillian

Man everybody going at BK with horses. I took my trusty B Cordelia + Azura and they dealt with him no problem. Elincia can also 2 round him safely since he doesn't kill on his retaliation hit.

The TT buff on Elincia is amazing. My Cordelia (regular) has always been a staple TT unit to clear maps fast with QP and Galeforce, but this time I can do the same thing with Elincia while being a bonus unit. She's smashing everything in the face with her monster attack of 62 after death blow and Azura's Hone Atk.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finished grinding up the BK and got just about every skill I could give him that he would want, so I'll continue with the TT in order to get the other BK for merging. The cool thing is he'll still get a ton of SP and I believe I can also grind up the summoner support. With all the bonuses he has great stats.

Edited by Zelgius

My team is not as good as I hoped it would be, so I benched Valter and use my Nowi again. I'll have to find a replacement for her down the line as well. Maybe I'll try out my God!Est with Heavy Spear against the BK. Ike and Soren are supporting each other now, like they should - this helps a lot. Overall I'm not quite feeling this TT yet, it feels harder than the last few to me. But that's probably because I'm not using Horse Emblem (That's good actually, isn't it?). 

BK as a unit is great though, even at 4*. Can't wait to get my 5* and merge him! 

Nephenee is a monster, as expected. Soren is too, even disregarding the boost. I removed Fury from both, though.
Last time I had Lyn with Reciprocal Aid to exploit Soren’s Fury, this time I don’t have Rec Aid on anybody.

My team is Nephenee, Celica, Reinhardt, and Soren. The backup team is Xander, Ursula, Camus, and CYL Lyn.
In other words, nothing ever changes in my team, only the bonus units come and go, the backbone stays the same.

Just crossed the 6k checkpoint; not going to bother with the four-star BK yet.

Running all bonus units this time around for those sweet buffs. Ike, Soren, Nephenee, and Mist really work together well. I don't usually run a healer, but between Mist's healing and Ike's Aether, everyone's surviving really well. I switched my summoner support over to Nephenee. And I decided to support Ike x Soren and Mist x Nephenee for convenience. (And destiny.)

I actually really enjoy the fact that almost every Tempest run ends with Ike finishing the BK, half the time with Aether. The battle kills be though because "Against the Black Knight" doesn't play when they fight. I really wish they did boss themes for the units like they did in GHB. But hey, can't inflate the game's size too much, right?

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I actually really enjoy the fact that almost every Tempest run ends with Ike finishing the BK, half the time with Aether.

I dunno, in my tempest runs the BK is usually fried by Reinhardt. Or Blárbladed by Ursula.

I decided to use a team of Ike, Reinhardt, Klein and Ninian for this. Rein already has capped HM, but I don't really have a good mage ready who doesn't have capped HM...

They're doing pretty well, and Ike's Aether and high Def helps him stay relevant for the whole run (Rein and Klein handle most stuff, but still). I'm planning to get the 4* version of the Black Knight today, as that seems like a reasonable first day goal.

30 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Black Knight has Wings of Mercy as the 4* skill. Dangit.

Is Steady Stance a good skill to inherit, or should I just go for merges?

Theres really only Physical Tank on Mounts that want it, and even then theres a question of whether or not you'd rather run Fury since it adds 6 damage on QR tank

This map selection is actually really bad.  Then again, almost none of the Tellius maps in Heroes are conducive to A speed scores, featuring enemies that never move and who would prefer to remain forever in distant, overlapping formations unless attacked 10-5 intensifies. Drag Back / Reposition Elincia has been a lifesaver for these runs and Reinheart / Bride Cordelia / Ninian are still clearing stuff as usual.

I need to give my Reinhardt a +Atk merge. Even with a Hone buff he misses the KO against the Black Knight by 4 HP and dies horribly to the counterattack. Spur Atk tech is great to have for situations like these.

Everyone: why do i even bother upgrading my Zephiel! Black Knight outclass him

IS: Hold your beers

Zephiel is so so ridiculously good now. Fuck as if as he isnt super scary before

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

37 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

And wait, I see people posting their teams, and using two bonus characters on the same team stack? I though it didn't.

It doesn’t stack in terms of bonus. You either have a 40% bonus, a 20% bonus, or no bonus. You can’t field Ike, Elincia, Oscar, and Nephenee to get +160% points.

43 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Dear god, the Black Knight as a boss is ridiculous. It's like you need Reinhardt do deal with. 

And wait, I see people posting their teams, and using two bonus characters on the same team stack? I though it didn't.

I'm using a team of bonus units because 1.) All of them (except Mist) were below 500 HM. I might as well get some use out of 'em. And 2.) Even if bonuses don't stack, they all get buffs to their stats, so they feel crazy invincible. It's really nice. Nephenee's dealing a crap-ton of damage with 44 DEF, Ignis+Wrath.

I got BK to S summoner support, which means I can now swap him back out for Sonya. This means I can now use a more balanced coloured team, I was struggling for a while with blues but I thought I might as well grind both TT points and the BK at the same time.

10 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I got BK to S summoner support, which means I can now swap him back out for Sonya. This means I can now use a more balanced coloured team, I was struggling for a while with blues but I thought I might as well grind both TT points and the BK at the same time.

You are truly worthy of your name my friend...

I did get my own Black Knight, but he's around lvl 39 (still 4*) for now. I'll see how far I can get him today.

I'm using a team of Brave!Lyn, Genny, Elincia, and Julia. While this team is good, it has zero defensive units, so I'm thinking of adding in my M!Robin to take the place of Genny. The problem is that if I do that, then I have no healer. Once I get the 5 star black knight, then he will replace Brave!Lyn on the team.

Full bonus unit run of Ike, Nephenee, Soren, and Mist. Ike's Ragnell has been useful, Soren is Gronnblade, Nephenee is the Countryside Goddess move over Ashera, and Mist... is there because she still needs the SP.

Black Knight can't ORKO Nephenee even with Black Luna, and given how fast Nephenee gets Wrath Moonbow, he's dead in two rounds.

Are we just gonna assume that if a unit fits the category of the enemy ally slot, they're probably gonna be it. One melee Infantry, two ranged Infantry (though as of typing I've only encountered magic Infantry), one melee Cavalry, and Black Knight himself.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

I actually really enjoy the fact that almost every Tempest run ends with Ike finishing the BK, half the time with Aether. The battle kills be though because "Against the Black Knight" doesn't play when they fight. I really wish they did boss themes for the units like they did in GHB. But hey, can't inflate the game's size too much, right?

Nothing will ever beat hearing "Twilight of the Gods" as you battle the forces of Sonya though...

21 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I'm using a team of Brave!Lyn, Genny, Elincia, and Julia. While this team is good, it has zero defensive units, so I'm thinking of adding in my M!Robin to take the place of Genny. The problem is that if I do that, then I have no healer. Once I get the 5 star black knight, then he will replace Brave!Lyn on the team.

Do you really need a healer when nobody on your team should be taking damage in the first place (outside of getting into desperation range or something)?

Also, what's this need of defensive units you're talking about? Just add a dancer or something :P

Jesus i got 10k points so far and finished training my upgraded 5 Star Black knight basicly (well almost never hurts to have some couple k SP laying around) and he solos maps with Alondite Steady Breath Wrath 3 and Aithir o.o only need to watch out for Blue mages. My current Training Team consist of Black Knight, Elincia, Olivia with C slot Sword SP skill and Azama. I have no problem clearing all maps with this only red color Team.

Giving Desperation to my Elincia never felt so good, she quads almost everything (damned burger king with his 42 speed), right now I'm at like 6.5k trying to find a reliable team to clear this faster but my B!Caeda and Reinhardt are already maxed in SP and HM and I don't have another blue mage to destroy reds.

Also I'm starting to consider giving Lyn the cookie cutter Brave bow+, Desperation and LnD to quad everyone but I really hate that build so maybe I'll just give her desperation for the TT and go back to Sacae's blessing for arena.

Finally got enough points to +1 the BK.

I think I'll take it easy for the rest of the TT...

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

You are truly worthy of your name my friend...

I did get my own Black Knight, but he's around lvl 39 (still 4*) for now. I'll see how far I can get him today.

Thanks, I found it's really easy to grind for SP with him once you get him Alondite and up to level 40 5*. As long as you give him a means of self recovery you can just place him on a warriors map alone, then let him wander around himself using auto-battle to easily build up SP.