Tempest Trials: Moment of Fate!

Vaximillian

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once I actually have multiple bonus characters, so same as Aria and Xenomata, I'm running Ike(Neutral, Stock build +Hone ATK), Nephenee(+DEF/-RES, Stock Build +Fury/Hone ATK), 4* Soren(+ATK/-RES, Stock again) and Mist(Nature doesn't matter - Recover Staff). The extra stats from them being bonus units makes it hilariously easy, and the team always makes it to the end. And as a rule, Ike has been the one to take down the BK every battle (Though I've had Nephenee tank the Black Luna hit on occasion). His stock Swordbreaker and natural bulk actually make it a surprisingly even duel, despite Black Luna and boss stat inflation.

Though yeah, the maps aren't being conductive towards an A in speed, with those maps that have the enemy just sit there until you provoke them while overlapping different parts of the triangle at their aggro points. But I've never cared too much about speed, so meh.

Edited by Tarilaan

I only have a +DEF, -HP Ike and a fresh 4* Soren (+DEF, -RES) to work with. At least I can add the Black Knight when I get him, but I much rather have any of the other characters than Soren (even Mist)...

I guess I lucked out on my first run with Ike, Delthea, Cherche, and Azama. Cherche died early to M!Robin due to skill proc, while Delthea and Azama died on the final chapter leaving Ike to deal with Leon and Niles by himself. Got a "perfect run" for my efforts, but it sucks not having a proper Reinhardt counter.

Anyways, back to figuring out my team strats with these evil maps...

Decided to stick to my last tactic of getting 8k points and then stopping so as not to wear myself out. 

This time, I run a perfect run on Lunatic 7 with Reinhardt, Ike, Xander, Azura two times for the maximum points. 

After that, I switch to CYL!Lyn, Frederick, Oscar, CYL!Roy and run Lunatic 5. I have to do it more times, but it feels like so much less of a drag than the 7 maps. 

25 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Decided to stick to my last tactic of getting 8k points and then stopping so as not to wear myself out. 

This time, I run a perfect run on Lunatic 7 with Reinhardt, Ike, Xander, Azura two times for the maximum points. 

After that, I switch to CYL!Lyn, Frederick, Oscar, CYL!Roy and run Lunatic 5. I have to do it more times, but it feels like so much less of a drag than the 7 maps. 

That's my strategy too, actually. Last TT, it made Hector so unreasonably beefy that trying to take him out without losing someone felt like a chore.

I'll take a slightly slower route if it means less stress, thank you

I'm still running generally the same team as last time, just swapping out a red unit, haha. Ike, Bride Cordelia, Azura, Julia. Ranged physical units with high defense (esp. Gaius and Leon) can be a little tricky, but it's much easier with Ike than it was with Lyn. So much easier to shrug off sharp weapons swung at the face.

2 hours ago, Zelgius said:

Finally got enough points to +1 the BK.

I think I'll take it easy for the rest of the TT...

What is your rank? I'm curious to know roughly how many people grinded out the 30k on the first day.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

What is your rank? I'm curious to know roughly how many people grinded out the 30k on the first day.

I haven't touched the TT in a couple of hours now, but as of writing I am rank 1468 with 30140 points.

11 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I haven't touched the TT in a couple of hours now, but as of writing I am rank 1468 with 30140 points.

Damn, I'm hoping a lot of those people relax once they hit 100k.

My goal is to finish in the top 1000, but it looks like I need to step it up.

So two people in my friends list have a 5* BK with Steady Breath inherited. One of them also has Wrath and Panic Ploy which is an amazing build if you ask me.

I'm really thinking about grabbing another B!Ike for skill inheritance fodder with the free summon I have been saving... The only thing stopping me is the unwanted natures on my B!Lucina and B!Lyn.

I don’t have an extra b Ike so I used his default instead. I did get Wrath on BK and he’s very solid. He’s been beasting on my TT

Guys don’t sleep on Oscar. He’s awesome with the bonuses. 

17 minutes ago, Ozil said:

I don’t have an extra b Ike so I used his default instead. I did get Wrath on BK and he’s very solid. He’s been beasting on my TT

Guys don’t sleep on Oscar. He’s awesome with the bonuses. 

Oscar is definitely solid. He easily handles the BK.

Mist is also pretty ridiculous with the buffs. When I watch my autobattles, sometimes my 3 attackers die and Mist will be left against like two or three enemies and she will still be able to clear the map. She is so bulky.

Well I reached my goal of 6000 points for today, I get burnt out on TT if I try to go for more and since I am babysitting tonight I am calling it a day.  I have three bonus units Nephenee, Titania and Elincia my 4th unit is one I want to train and I trade out once that is done so I use my stamina effectively.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Damn, I'm hoping a lot of those people relax once they hit 100k.

My goal is to finish in the top 1000, but it looks like I need to step it up.

So two people in my friends list have a 5* BK with Steady Breath inherited. One of them also has Wrath and Panic Ploy which is an amazing build if you ask me.

I'm really thinking about grabbing another B!Ike for skill inheritance fodder with the free summon I have been saving... The only thing stopping me is the unwanted natures on my B!Lucina and B!Lyn.

Wouldn't Wrath be overkill on the Black Knight?  His special is already ridiculously stronk...

I'll stop for today to make sure I have at least 40 stamina for the next two bonus runs, but I'm currently going to end my first Tempest day with 11,727 points, with one stamina pot used. Not too bad, but the lack of a 40% bonus unit hurts for sure. All the more reason to use the orb rewards on the Crimean banner, though.

Well, I've made it past 30,000 (score of 30,183, rank 3,261 currently) a couple hours ago so 5* Black Knight is not only now in my possession but has already been trained up to Lvl. 40 and has all his innate skills + Swap learned thanks Warriors maps. In the grindy process, Leo has once again hit max merits, Cecilia is almost there herself (291 to go) and Oscar almost got 4000 SP (3,794). I do have to agree that a few too many of these maps aren't exactly designed for fast clears *cough* 10-5 *cough* though despite that I've had barely any trouble getting As for speed.

Oh, and this also happened.

Spoiler

cTkuuJE.png?1

Pretty sure this is the first time I've gotten my score in any Tempest to have 0s as the last three digits...

9 hours ago, Hardin said:

Best tempest trial ever. 

21981720_10214758296250420_1916364811_o.png

This is an abomination...

So yeah... I discovered that... y'know... putting Ike/Soren/Oscar/Nephenee on a team without a healer and putting it on continuous auto... they can actually like... A/A the map without me doing any work... so like... I think I'm done with this whole... grind all day thing I was doing with the 7 Map runs. Only thing is I'll burn through potions doing it this way and I only have 20 so I may take it easy.

I accidentally led my horse farming team (Eldigan, Ursula, Olwen, Lyn) into the tempest. Had to surrender at map 7 so that they don’t roll over everything without me earining those bonus points.

If only I had Oscar, I’d run horses every time.

Edited by Vaximillian

10 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Wouldn't Wrath be overkill on the Black Knight?  His special is already ridiculously stronk...

As long as his enemy has 50 or less Def (AKA every single available unit except for some extremely specific builds with Fortress Def 3), the BK will do damage equal to or more than his Atk stat. With his Atk of 50 (51 with a merge) he will be able to OHKO every single non-blue unit with his special except for maybe Zephiel. And any Blue unit with ~40 or less HP will die as well. The only way to survive it would be with TA3 on a blue unit.

12 hours ago, Hardin said:

Best tempest trial ever. 

21981720_10214758296250420_1916364811_o.png

Is the Black Knight's armour blushing? XD

15 hours ago, Mallow said:

That's my strategy too, actually. Last TT, it made Hector so unreasonably beefy that trying to take him out without losing someone felt like a chore.

I'll take a slightly slower route if it means less stress, thank you

I'm still running generally the same team as last time, just swapping out a red unit, haha. Ike, Bride Cordelia, Azura, Julia. Ranged physical units with high defense (esp. Gaius and Leon) can be a little tricky, but it's much easier with Ike than it was with Lyn. So much easier to shrug off sharp weapons swung at the face.

For me, it's the maps themselves. Xander took Hector down easily enough, and Reinhardt has no trouble with BK, but actually getting to them gets more and more tedious with every TT. These maps feel like the worst yet - no one moves, most of the points overlap with each other, and the units often seem designed to take down my precious. Ike has become my main bait... Really should give him Renewal or something xD

With the five maps, whilst those problems still exist, they go a lot quicker. Plus it's fun to use different units every now and then, especially since Xander, Rein and all three of my dancers are fully maxed HM.

So far, my first Tempest Trial without a dancer is going pretty well. I was honestly worried that my speed would suffer, but I've learned that basically everyone makes good bait. Even Ike and Neph can tank a magic blast if they need to. Soren can handle a dagger if necessary. The BK is formidable, but Neph and Ike handle him pretty well. I kind of want to burn a few more stamina potions and shoot for 30k, but that means grinding another 8700 points. (I just want to get as many of the orb rewards as possible before the next banner begins.)