Why Lyn is likely to be a Navarre clone or at least extremely similar to him

Seazas

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Deva Ashera said:

You're making an assumption. Koei Tecmo said MOSTLY pulling from those three titles as a focus, not only. It's possible it was worded this way due to Lyn and possibly Celica being in from the get-go but not feeling a need to have those games as a focus. 

Fact is, at the moment, we just don't know who came first or even if Navarre plays like Lyn.

Koei didn't put Lyn in. Intelligent Systems did. Koei has made it clear IS played a part of the decisions from the roster. Lucina wasn't going to be in until IS stepped in. Lyn is the same case. 

4 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

Koei didn't put Lyn in. Intelligent Systems did. Koei has made it clear IS played a part of the decisions from the roster. Lucina wasn't going to be in until IS stepped in. Lyn is the same case. 

I agree that it's a possibility but until we hear it straight from the developer's mouth please don't say that like it's fact. We don't KNOW anything about the decision making regarding Lyn as of now, and it could've been IS or Koei or both for all we know

14 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

"Lyn is the same case"

Is there a source confirming this? I know the Lucina thing happened, but this is the first I've heard of this case happen to Lyn.

16 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

"Lyn is the same case"

Is there a source confirming this? I know the Lucina thing happened, but this is the first I've heard of this case happen to Lyn.

There is no source, and I double checked now just to be sure, this is just pure assumption on the person's part from what I can tell.

Edited by Solaris998

10 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

"Lyn is the same case"

Lyn is extremely out of place and will be the only Blazing Blade character. It has to be Intelligent Systems. Especially when a random Celica will be thrown in the game soon. 

Well we don't even know if Lyn will be "only Blazing Blade character" in first place. Also Celica  is actually much less random  than Fates characters considering she is part of Arachnea along with Marth and and Chrom, so there is that. 

Anyway  noted before from wording "focusing mainly on Arachnea slash Fates" means there was intend put other characters from very beginning. 

Edited by Tenzen12

3 hours ago, Peaceful_User said:

Lyn is extremely out of place and will be the only Blazing Blade character. It has to be Intelligent Systems. Especially when a random Celica will be thrown in the game soon. 

That's not concrete proof that Lyn was put in late, only a theory. Same applies to Celica. Sorry, but until an interview pops up confirming your theory, I won't believe Lyn was put in late. All I know is that she was put into the game, and that's as specific as we can go for now.

I do think that she was put in late. CYL came much later after the game was in development, and by then, the roster would have been finalised. So, if she was put in from the start, alongside Celica...why? Why two other sword users? Celica is from the blacksheep of the franchise and literally nobody would know who she was, and Lyn is just...there. I find it hard to believe that they'd put them in from the start. It's much more likely that IS was like "yo, uh, we're remaking Gaiden, put Celica in, she uses magic yeah?" And then when CYL came about, "um, Lyn is the most popular female, just slide her in there, alright?"

Also the fact that Lyn's model looks a little...unpolished, but that's just me.

18 minutes ago, Lau said:

I do think that she was put in late. CYL came much later after the game was in development, and by then, the roster would have been finalised. So, if she was put in from the start, alongside Celica...why? Why two other sword users? Celica is from the blacksheep of the franchise and literally nobody would know who she was, and Lyn is just...there. I find it hard to believe that they'd put them in from the start. It's much more likely that IS was like "yo, uh, we're remaking Gaiden, put Celica in, she uses magic yeah?" And then when CYL came about, "um, Lyn is the most popular female, just slide her in there, alright?"

Also the fact that Lyn's model looks a little...unpolished, but that's just me.

Wait, what's this about CYL impacting inclusions? I might have heard it before and forgot, but otherwise, I don't remember the poll factoring in what characters would be added.

19 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Wait, what's this about CYL impacting inclusions? I might have heard it before and forgot, but otherwise, I don't remember the poll factoring in what characters would be added.

Its less so that it outright did and more so that her popularity was very unexpected by IS and as a result appear to be capitalizing on it. The fact that NoA seemingly went out of its way to announce her for the game during a Switch direct, along with the fashion that they did so (via suspense of "[Lyn] is going FE Warriors. WHAT?!"), in contrast to every other person not named Chrom, who are mostly revealed by either scans or another trailer in bulks (or scans for individuals/duos), it can be inferred to be as such

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Its less so that it outright did and more so that her popularity was very unexpected by IS and as a result appear to be capitalizing on it. The fact that NoA seemingly went out of its way to announce her for the game during a Switch direct, along with the fashion that they did so (via suspense of "[Lyn] is going FE Warriors. WHAT?!"), in contrast to every other person not named Chrom, who are mostly revealed by either scans or another trailer in bulks (or scans for individuals/duos), it can be inferred to be as such

It's not like there's been Directs inbetween E3 and that direct, though. A Warriors announcement of any kind was very likely guaranteed; Lyn herself was the surprise. Her status as a character not from one of the focus games also excuses her from how there have been trailers for Awakening and Fates and Lyn got her own trailer (again, during the first direct since E3).

I've heard people say IS did not expect Lyn's popularity. Sorry to ask again and sound obnoxious, but source?

Just now, NoirCore said:

I've heard people say IS did not expect Lyn's popularity. Sorry to ask again and sound obnoxious, but source?

To be completely honest with you, I don't even know who or where that idea came from. Someone mentioned it once (I want[?] to say @The DanMan who in my eyes seems to know a lot), and everyone just kinda went with it, and as such I kinda did too.
Gee, thanks for forcing me to shoot myself in the foot here with my contribution

21 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

It's not like there's been Directs inbetween E3 and that direct, though. A Warriors announcement of any kind was very likely guaranteed; Lyn herself was the surprise. Her status as a character not from one of the focus games also excuses her from how there have been trailers for Awakening and Fates and Lyn got her own trailer (again, during the first direct since E3).

There is no source, it's just logic. Before CYL, there was nothing to indicate how popular Lyn actually was, because as far as I'm aware, there was no poll in modern day that included Lyn, soooo...it's all convenient timing lately...almost too convenient.

54 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/fe-heroes-developer-interview-nintendo-dream-vol-276-translated/

Q: You all ran a poll titled: “Choose Your Legends” on the main website before the game’s release. How were the results?

Maeda: We thought: “Wow, Lyn is incredibly popular.” I heard people overseas rallied behind her, too.

Matsushita: Lyn was the highest ranked female character regardless of country. Lucina however was more popular in Japan, whereas Ike was much more popular in the United States of America. And, for whatever reason, Donnel had a ton of votes from the USA as well –for reasons we are still unsure of.

Maybe this isn't the one, because even I recall them seeming more surprised, but it's all I could find quickly.

37 minutes ago, Florete said:

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/fe-heroes-developer-interview-nintendo-dream-vol-276-translated/

Q: You all ran a poll titled: “Choose Your Legends” on the main website before the game’s release. How were the results?

Maeda: We thought: “Wow, Lyn is incredibly popular.” I heard people overseas rallied behind her, too.

Matsushita: Lyn was the highest ranked female character regardless of country. Lucina however was more popular in Japan, whereas Ike was much more popular in the United States of America. And, for whatever reason, Donnel had a ton of votes from the USA as well –for reasons we are still unsure of.

Maybe this isn't the one, because even I recall them seeming more surprised, but it's all I could find quickly.

Ah. Well, still, there's still the question of if her known popularity forced the devs to make Lyn late, should it even be true that she was indeed made late. I'm just not really seeing a strong suggestion that such was even the case; the head dev may have decided to throw Lyn in because she was in Smash Bros, so she's sorta known, yet she wasn't playable, thus she was put into Warriors first before Roy or Ike. Just a guess that I'm not too confident in, but it's just as much as a possibility as (or more so than) "Lyn was put in late because she won the CYL poll for Heroes".

Lyn being a late addition due to IS' meddling is a likely possibility as well as the possibility of her being planned from the beginning. The model looking unpolished and NoA's strange way of addressing her reveal kinda points out to her being a last-minute addition with most of her moveset being based on Navarre's (if he's truly playable) moveset. IS didn't expect her to get so popular.

9 hours ago, Peaceful_User said:

Thats not a safe assumption to make. They would have to directly state Lyn was an IS choice to be a confirmation. Stop stating things as if they are facts.

3 hours ago, Lau said:

There is no source, it's just logic. Before CYL, there was nothing to indicate how popular Lyn actually was, because as far as I'm aware, there was no poll in modern day that included Lyn, soooo...it's all convenient timing lately...almost too convenient.

She placed fourth on this Famitsu poll, behind Ike, Marth, and Lucina (two of which are already in the game): https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/06/09/fire-emblem-famitsu-overall-favorite-character-poll-translated-june-2015/

Anyway, while I don't doubt that popularity probably influenced the decision to include her, I'd warn against treating her inclusion as a forced action by IS as a certainty. We don't know the full situation behind Koei's choices and for all we know they did set aside a couple slots for fan favorite characters of their own choice, so as said before until an Interview comes out and clarifies the issue it's best not to speak as if we know what the developers were thinking.

10 hours ago, Peaceful_User said:

It wouldn't be out of character for Koei to do that though. Hyrule Warriors had a focus on Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword but Koei also wanted to randomly include Tingle from Majora's Mask in the base game until Aonuma (Zelda director) said not to.

As such, it could be Koei really wanted to include Lyn or Intelligent Systems requested/demanded that she be in. We don't have enough information yet.

Edited by Deva Ashera

24 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

It wouldn't be out of character for Koei to do that though. Hyrule Warriors had a focus on Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword but Koei also wanted to randomly include Tingle until Aonuma (Zelda director) said not to.

As such, it could be Koei really wanted to include Lyn or Intelligent Systems requested/demanded that she be in. We don't have enough information yet.

Tingle wasn't in the initial roster though.

8 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Tingle wasn't in the initial roster though.

He wasn't, but Tecmo Koei wanted him to be, that was my point. It was said in an interview that Koei wanted Tingle in the initial roster (long before any DLC characters were revealed) but Aonuma, the director of the Zelda series, said no. It was essentially the opposite of what happened with Lucina and people assume happened with Lyn.

Thus, my point was that if Koei wanted to include a character outside of the 3 game focus in Hyrule Warriors then it's possible they could have wanted to here but were allowed to by Intelligent Systems unlike with Tingle.

The simple fact it happened in that game means we can not say with certainty that Lyn was a Intelligent Systems decision and not Koei's..it could easily sway either way.

Edited by Deva Ashera

3 hours ago, Florete said:

Maybe this one, at least I did mention it not long time ago.

Touch Arcade interview

Question:  With regards to the Choose Your Legends event, it's based on polls that were conducted before the game was out about people's favorite characters. I think those polls were collected worldwide. Did the final results surprise you at all with regards to which characters were popular?

Maeda : Some of the results were expected, and some of them were very unexpected. For example, Dorcas from Blazing Blade was one character that we didn't expect to rank so highly. But you know, hearing that information, hearing what characters the fans feel are their favorites, that's really good info for us.

Matsushita : We did not expect Lyn to get first place. We knew that Lucina was very popular, but we never expected Lucina to lose to Lyn. One other thing we noticed is that characters from the Game Boy Advance era tended to be popular, and that was a little unexpected. Also, because the final results were a little unexpected, it also meant that development for the Choose Your Legends characters took a bit more time than expected.

Just now, Tenzen12 said:

Maybe this one, at least I did mention it not long time ago.

Touch Arcade interview

Question:  With regards to the Choose Your Legends event, it's based on polls that were conducted before the game was out about people's favorite characters. I think those polls were collected worldwide. Did the final results surprise you at all with regards to which characters were popular?

Maeda : Some of the results were expected, and some of them were very unexpected. For example, Dorcas from Blazing Blade was one character that we didn't expect to rank so highly. But you know, hearing that information, hearing what characters the fans feel are their favorites, that's really good info for us.

Matsushita : We did not expect Lyn to get first place. We knew that Lucina was very popular, but we never expected Lucina to lose to Lyn. One other thing we noticed is that characters from the Game Boy Advance era tended to be popular, and that was a little unexpected. Also, because the final results were a little unexpected, it also meant that development for the Choose Your Legends characters took a bit more time than expected.

That's kinda funny considering how they knew Lucina was popular and should have assumed Ike & Roy were, leaving Lyn as the one to surprise them..but she was one of the initial focus, and thus 'movie', characters anyway.