Should Legion be a playable character if this game gets remade?

I was wondering if anybody has any opinions on this, or if anyone even thought of this other than me. I would love to see a playable Legion. What are your thoughts?

1 minute ago, Tuvy said:

I was wondering if anybody has any opinions on this, or if anyone even thought of this other than me. I would love to see a playable Legion. What are your thoughts?

Technically he is playable in the special assasins map. I would rather have him stay at his enemy place when we hopefully get a combined remake of Book 1 and 2

19 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

I see no reason to make him playable. He's clearly an enemy, and the only reason he might join is follow Katarina, who only joins near the end of the game (quite a while after you kill him). Considering how this game already has way to many characters..., I'll pass on Legion.

No. It would feel out of place to have a psychotic killer who shows no sign of changing his ways join his former prey's ranks, and as someone before me has said this game has too many characters as it is.

I see what you mean. Though he is one of my favorite characters, he doesn't seem to want to change. I would still like to see him playable, but it definitely would mess up the story.

No.

Spoiler

While it might be possible (one of the Legion clones escapes, and Marth recruits him because he needs a purpose), I think the entire assassin arc was awful, so the less reminders I have of it, the better.

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

After Michalis, I tire of forgiving maniacs in these remakes. Who next? Camus, Gharnef? 

I have some bad news for you. . .

Spoiler

Marth recruits Camus, under a different name.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I have some bad news for you. . .

Reveal hidden contents

Marth recruits Camus, under a different name.

Yeah, that's the angle I went for on the joke.

I think it's entirely plausible to recruit any villain if they tried to remake archanea again, with the exception of Medeus. They'll want more playable characters, and nothing gets suckers like us talking like "you can recruit HIM?" Playable Camus? Sure, just have him get zonked on the head and thrown into the ocean in the epilogue. We all know the greatest character drama in Archanea is which of the whitewing sisters should be dating Abel. I'm sure all Legion needs is somebody willing to call him friendses.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, that's the angle I went for on the joke.

I think it's entirely plausible to recruit any villain if they tried to remake archanea again, with the exception of Medeus. They'll want more playable characters, and nothing gets suckers like us talking like "you can recruit HIM?" Playable Camus? Sure, just have him get zonked on the head and thrown into the ocean in the epilogue. We all know the greatest character drama in Archanea is which of the whitewing sisters should be dating Abel. I'm sure all Legion needs is somebody willing to call him friendses.

Camus is supposed to be a sympathetic character, and someone who is plot-releveant.  The BSFEs really put an emphasis on that.  Thus it's not totally out of left field to make him recruitable.

Weird would be recruiting someone like that faceless guy on the throne in Chapter 23.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Weird would be recruiting someone like that faceless guy on the throne in Chapter 23.

Now i TOTALY want an FE game to pull something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to this party, but yes and no

i could see them expanding the DLC Prologue with more chapters building up to the main story if this were to be remade as a combined remake of the DS remakes, and potentially incorperating Echoes into it better with a few sidelong references in the prelude chapters, but I'd want Legion to be a prelude chapter thing. Like they did with Fernand in a Echoes.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

On 9/20/2017 at 2:27 AM, phineas81707 said:

I'd rather Clarisse first.

Clarisse's death though was one of the main redeeming part of her character she had in her chapter. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that her dying was enjoyable because she was an unlikable character, but because it gave you a reason to like her. The moment was sad and make you feel a lot more empathetic.