Gold/silver hype!!

DisobeyedCargo

Not me. THis is primaraly due to the fact that crystal exists, so I will just wait for the vc release of that, as it is the superior version. I know there is no release anounced yet, but this is probably to get people to buy two versions. THis has something to do with the fact that i plan to wait untill after the end of 3ds support to buy a switch, so even in crystal comes out right at the end of the 3ds's life, I will still be playing my 3ds then. If there is some sort of pokemon sale when ultra sun/moon or switch pokemon comes out or something, I might get it then.

Edited by sirmola

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hard for me to get into Gold and Silver when HeartGold and SoulSilver exist.

I'd have said the same thing too if i had a copy. That being said, they are way too expensive for me to get one. This is one of those games where ebay is full of bootlegs, gamestop is probably just as full, and the sort of indy game stores that check for bootlegs are selling them for exorbitant prices. I would also be reluctant I could always emulate, but i really value portability.

Edited by sirmola

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2017 at 6:24 AM, Ronnie said:

Hard for me to get into Gold and Silver when HeartGold and SoulSilver exist.

The absolute best Pokémon Remakes.
There's absolutely no reasons to play the original over them (outside maybe for competitive players)

There's still some good reasons to play Emerald instead of ORAS (mainly related to the Battle Frontier), but there's zero reasons to play even Crystal compared to HGSS. The improvement is just so high (and then you reach Kanto, and it's even better)

10 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

The absolute best Pokémon Remakes.
There's absolutely no reasons to play the original over them (outside maybe for competitive players)

There's still some good reasons to play Emerald instead of ORAS (mainly related to the Battle Frontier), but there's zero reasons to play even Crystal compared to HGSS. The improvement is just so high (and then you reach Kanto, and it's even better)

Well damn, really though there would be more excitement over this. Guess I'm really the only one excited for it.

there not even the games I grew up with, I played Heartgold before these, and I'm still excited.

though I do agree that HG/SS are the best Pokémon remakes, ORAS is a strong second though.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

I never played the original Gold/Silver, only the remake of it being HGSS. I just might give it a try for the experience (and maybe getting a legal shiny Ho-oh with Regenerate should they still pass down hidden abilities in the game), but I'd be lying if I said I was "hyped". These are pretty old games so it'll also be kinda weird for me to play.

15 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I never played the original Gold/Silver, only the remake of it being HGSS. I just might give it a try for the experience (and maybe getting a legal shiny Ho-oh with Regenerate should they still pass down hidden abilities in the game), but I'd be lying if I said I was "hyped". These are pretty old games so it'll also be kinda weird for me to play.

If you want an older game experience, wait for Crystal (or better, play a GBA game,if you haven't already. Namely, FRLG or Emerald), which is pretty much better on every way (there's actual Pokémon animations ! It was incredibly cool back then).
Unless you really love Mareep and Girafarig, that is.

Outside nostalgia, they have a lot of really outdated mechanics (you have to manually change Boxes.)

The other somewhat cool thing with GSC is the return of the Berserk Gene, who can't be obtained in any other game. (because it's as bad as it's rare, mainly.)
It is an hidden Item near the place where Mewtwo lived in RBGY that increased attacks but confused the target.