Bound Hero Battle: Guardians of Paradise

SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Unfortunately, I can't find a possible strategy for lunatic or infernal. I don't have any units that would survive both the green mage and blue horse. Because I know whatever red or green I send to bait the mage will then be killed by a danced blue horse. Ninian really throws a wrench into this map. She should've been a different character here, imo.

Note, I don't mean it's impossible for anyone, I only mean it's impossible for me. I'd really like those orbs too...

I think Ninian will dance for the green mage first, even if the lance cav can kill you.

I send Camus to tank the green mage, and he survived one hit from the green mage. After that, Ninian danced the green mage, and it got killed by a vantage+Bonfire combo from my Camus, while the lance cav could have killed Camus. Maybe you can use that somehow?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think Ninian will dance for the green mage first, even if the lance cav can kill you.

I send Camus to tank the green mage, and he survived one hit from the green mage. After that, Ninian danced the green mage, and it got killed by a vantage+Bonfire combo from my Camus, while the lance cav could have killed Camus. Maybe you can use that somehow?

Hm, I figured whoever I'd send would one-round the green mage. But I guess I'll see if Camus can help.

Did infernal with Nowi, Azura, Julia and Brave Ike.

Nowi tanked and killed red cav and tanked the blue cav first turn. 

Second turn, Julia kills Hawkeye with dance, Ike with Rally Def tanks and kills blue cav and tanks the sword infantry (Aether saves him), both end with low hp. 

Retreat on the next turn.

Fourth turn Julia kills green mage using a dance from Azura to get in range, Ike finishes sword infantry, Ninian is out of range to attack anyone. Next turn just killed her with Julia.

Edited by Rinco

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Bartozio Doesn't work. I don't know how it could've possibly worked for you, Camus took a hit, but then Hawkeye Wings of Mercy'd him. Camus can only be neutral, so yours had to do the same damage.

I used Ike for the same job. Hawkeye didn't do a lot of damage when Ike and Hawkeye eventually came to blows, so that probably scared him off.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I used Ike for the same job. Hawkeye didn't do a lot of damage when Ike and Hawkeye eventually came to blows, so that probably scared him off.

Strange, when I tried using Ike to kill the green mage, Ninian danced the green mage and he killed Ike. No Hawkeye Wings of Mercy that time.

Why do people constantly say the AI is predictable? I'm still getting different results with others' strategies.

Edited by Anacybele

Beat both I may attempt a different strategy later with characters that are easier to obtain, but after a long day, I think I can afford tot be a little lazy. 

My team was:
Brave Roy+2 (+SPD -ATK) - Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, LaD3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, ATK+1
Azura+2 (+SPD -HP) - Sapphire Lance+, Sing, Luna, Darting Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone SPD 3, SPD+1
Amelia+1 (+SPD -RES) - Slaying Axe+, Swap, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Armor March 3, No S
Brave Lyn (+ATK -DEF) - Mulagir, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, ATK Ploy 1

The strategy:

Spoiler

1.) On player phase, move Azura in range of the red cavalry unit. Position Roy under the highest obstacle and Lyn below him. Otherwise, the AI will all scramble towards the same point. On enemy phase, the red cav heads for Azura. She tanks a blow and does some decent damage. Ninian dances him, and he activates his special on Azura. She counters and defeats him leaving her with 2 HP.

2.) On player phase send in Roy to defeat Hawkeye. He'll activate Galeforce. You can use him to reposition Azura back. She can sing for him, and he can reposition once again. Move Lyn down as far as possible. On enemy phase, the swordsman comes down towards you. Pick him off with anyone. On enemy phase, Ninian dances the mage down towards you. He chose to attack Amelia instead of Lyn. And she survives with 7 HP. 

3.) On the next turn. I use Amelia to damage the mage and Lyn to finish him off. Finally, I wait for Ninian to approach and finish her off. 

All in all, not a terrible Grand Hero battle. Roy just makes things super easy. Lyn may be the annoying one to break the meta, but Roy is just so crazy awesome. The insta-Galeforce is a lifesaver. 

That was the easiast map! Just took the green mage each time with Xander then let the blue cavalier come to kill him with Linde (+ Kagero on Infernal) and all the others are killed by my Brave Ike. Really, I just finished all difficulty in..5 minutes xD

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Strange, when I tried using Ike to kill the green mage, Ninian danced the green mage and he killed Ike. No Hawkeye Wings of Mercy that time.

Why do people constantly say the AI is predictable? I'm still getting different results with others' strategies.

Exact opening: Ike has Vantage (which might scare the tome user), and the danced green mage went for Brave Lyn.

@Anacybele You have Brave Ike and Rein right? You could get Rein to kill the red cav first turn and let Bike tank everything at the top (he may need Quick risposte). If you send a speedy red unit to the right, they could kill the green mage at the start of turn two. 

I've posted my strategy on the other thread not realising this seems to the the more "official" one. Just a copypasta of my infernal strat: 

Spoiler

For Infernal, I did it with Navarre, Bike, Ninian and Rein. My Navarre has summoner support and shares a S-ranked support with Bike. On the first turn I had Rein take out the red Zanbato (he'll need a Hone attack to do this), and repositioned him back with Bike. Navarre goes right toward the green mage. Ike will tank most of the enemy phase. I'm finding Aether and QR3 to be nice together because he'll heal himself back up.

Turn 2, Navarre kills the green mage. Rein can kill the red sword. In my case he needs to be repositioned back by Bike to avoid Ninian. Then it's a case of end turn and win :)

For reference, start of turn two: 

Spoiler

zVtNvfd.png

Infernal Team: 

Navarre: Wo Dao+, Reposition, Moonbow, LnD 3, Desperation, Threaten Speed. 

Bike: Urvan, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, QR3, Hone Speed. 

Ninian: Dark Breath+, Dance, Escutcheon, TA3, Escape Route, Hone Attack

Rein: Dire Thunder, Reposition, Luna, DB3, Lancebreaker, Goad Cav (How I wish to write something more original... or have a someone else as blue mage for once)  

Sadly I don't think I can replace Rein for this strategy, because for Bike to tank the first Enemy phase that red cav with Zanbato needs to be dead to he can kill the Hawkeye and the lance cav.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Exact opening: Ike has Vantage (which might scare the tome user), and the danced green mage went for Brave Lyn.

My Ike doesn't use Vantage, so that might be why I can't do what you did with him. But this still doesn't explain why my result with Camus was different from Bartozio's.

Okay so I managed it in infernal, wasted 3 Stamina potions on it and won by the skin of my teeth. 
Unit List: Minerva (+Res -Hp), 
Ike (neutral), 
B!Cordelia, (+Def, -Hp),
Brave Lucina, (neutral), 

I had Ike face tank the sword cav and kill him on the counter, then hawkeye would move in, ninian would dance him and he grinds himself into paste on ikes face because Ike gets luna against each of them. The rest of the units had to be placed with minerva to the right, Cordelia to the left and back and lucina directly behind him so she didn't dance the lance cav instead. Second turn Ike runs as far as he can repostions Lucina, Minerva repostitions him and Cordelia dawldes back. Then Minerva drops Ike off the cliff and B!cordelia shoots at the lance cav and Lucina Finishes and face tanks the wo dao loser (who was the biggest pain in the ass.) cordelia kills him, Then minerva takes a pot shot at the Green mage while ninian attacks Cordelia. The green mage leaves minerva at 1hp and she finishes her job while The rest gang up on ninian and I win my first infernal battle.

Oh and by the way @Anacybele if you give Ike a defense spur or boost and the Hp seal he can survive the lance cav and the sword cav (Assuming Swordbreaker) if that helps

Edited by Mackc2

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Okay so I managed it in infernal, wasted 3 Stamina potions on it and won by the skin of my teeth. 
Unit List: Minerva (+Res -Hp), 
Ike (neutral), 
B!Cordelia, (+Def, -Hp),
Brave Lucina, (neutral), 

I had Ike face tank the sword cav and kill him on the counter, then hawkeye would move in, ninian would dance him and he grinds himself into paste on ikes face because Ike gets luna against each of them. The rest of the units had to be placed with minerva to the right, Cordelia to the left and back and lucina directly behind him so she didn't dance the lance cav instead. Second turn Ike runs as far as he can repostions Lucina, Minerva repostitions him and Cordelia dawldes back. Then Minerva drops Ike off the cliff and B!cordelia shoots at the lance cav and Lucina Finishes and face tanks the wo dao loser (who was the biggest pain in the ass.) cordelia kills him, Then minerva takes a pot shot at the Green mage while ninian attacks Cordelia. The green mage leaves minerva at 1hp and she finishes her job while The rest gang up on ninian and I win my first infernal battle.

Oh and by the way @Anacybele if you give Ike a defense spur or boost and the Hp seal he can survive the lance cav and the sword cav (Assuming Swordbreaker) if that helps

I don't have Spur Defense, but would Freddy's Fortify Def help? I can swap his Hone Cav out temporarily for it.

Also, does Ike have to have Luna? Mine runs Aether.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have Spur Defense, but would Freddy's Fortify Def help? I can swap his Hone Cav out temporarily for it.

Also, does Ike have to have Luna? Mine runs Aether.

Fortify works fine, as long as he has the boost (and he isn't -Def or -Hp) and I have Luna on mine since he activates it against both enemies that attack him (Ideally the second one should be Hawkeye since Ike does not kill the lance Cav on the counter, Just figured out what is going on, mine has heavy blade and without a hone attack it does not activate an without he dosen't get the luna and he needs the Luna for the kill. So your Ike must have 53 attack (including buffs) +Heavy Blade 3 to kill the sword cav when he attacks and if his speed is at least 32(with buffs) he can naturally double both of the cavs. Freeing the B slot for whatever skill he might need.

Edited by Mackc2

After two stamina potions, I have completed the bound hero battle. The team was Team was Olivia, S Camilla, Reinhart, and B Lyn. Was stuck on lunatic for a while due to Ninian. But I realized that S Camilla would tank the green mage while everyone moved the the left.

I beat Infernal with Xander, Reinhardt, CYL Ike, and Olivia.

All three have Reposition, Olivia has Hone Atk 3, Ike has QR2 and Ignis, and Xander has QR2 and Bonfire (neither was needed) and Fury 3. Reinhardt only has DB3, being me sucks.

Turn 1 spent in positioning around Olivia: Ike above her, Reinhardt to the left, Xander to the right.

Turn 2: Reinhardt gallops towards the sword cavalier, barely misses an ORKO (DB3 instead of DB2 would have done the trick) and gets repositioned away by Ike. Xander baits the green mage.

On enemy phase the sword cavalier finishes himself off via Ike, then Hawkeye comes knocking. Ninian dances for him, and he finishes himself via Ike. The green mage dies to Xander. Lance cavalier dies to Ike too.

Turns 3 and 4. Hot Repositioning action, hot Dire Thunder action, and for dessert hot Urvan-on-dragon action. Stage clear.

23 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Fortify works fine, as long as he has the boost (and he isn't -Def or -Hp) and I have Luna on mine since he activates it against both enemies that attack him (Ideally the second one should be Hawkeye since Ike does not kill the lance Cav on the counter, Just figured out what is going on, mine has heavy blade and without a hone attack it does not activate an without he dosen't get the luna and he needs the Luna for the kill. So your Ike must have 53 attack (including buffs) +Heavy Blade 3 to kill the sword cav when he attacks and if his speed is at least 32(with buffs) he can naturally double both of the cavs. Freeing the B slot for whatever skill he might need.

Nope, my Ike is -Res, thank goodness. But his attack is only 51, so he'd need a hone atk boost too... Can I give that to him and still make this work?

22 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Here's a Lunatic clear that I found on Youtube:

Ooh, this might help me (for lunatic) if I can replace Ursula with Reinhardt and Selena with Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Nope, my Ike is -Res, thank goodness. But his attack is only 51, so he'd need a hone atk boost too... Can I give that to him and still make this work?

If he gets anything to boost his in-battle attack to 53 (Like a hone attack) he activates heavy blade I would also fiddle with the placement of your other units because in some configurations Ninian dances to hawkeye and in others she dances the lance cav instead (and with +3 defence and the Hp seal he survives that cav on 1 hp) 

Also what is your ikes boon.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

If he gets anything to boost his in-battle attack to 53 (Like a hone attack) he activates heavy blade I would also fiddle with the placement of your other units because in some configurations Ninian dances to hawkeye and in others she dances the lance cav instead (and with +3 defence and the Hp seal he survives that cav on 1 hp) 

Also what is your ikes boon.

My Ike's boon is HP. I'm not sure how to configure things to make Ninian dance one or the other tho...

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

@Bartozio Doesn't work. I don't know how it could've possibly worked for you, Camus took a hit, but then Hawkeye Wings of Mercy'd him. Camus can only be neutral, so yours had to do the same damage.

Now that you mention it, that does seem like it should have happened...

Wait, WoM only activates if you knock the green mage below half health. Even with a hone attack buff, my Camus only dealt 19 damage in the first hit, so the green mage wasn't low enough on HP for Hawkeye to warp in.

Ho did you deal so much damage in the first hit?

Edit: My Camus runs Fury+Vantage and only had a hone Attack buff. I went back to calculate that he should indeed deal 19 damage with that setup.

Edited by Bartozio

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My Ike's boon is HP. I'm not sure how to configure things to make Ninian dance one or the other tho...

Oh he shouldn't need the +hp seal then, As for your second question I honestly have no clue how ninian chooses who to dance to, when I had my Cordelia directly behind Ike she just decided it was lance time or if Minerva was in the wrong spot she would decide its also lance time. Also just beware you will need to have a way to deal with the rest of the map (I was going off infernal stats btw) 
Also don't forget you can also use summoner support and ally support to make up crucial stats you might be missing 

Edited by Mackc2