Fire Emblem Warriors Famitsu scores!

Harvey

So here's the score for FE Warriors!

• Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (New 3DS) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]

Source

Well I guess the game got good scores then. One point behind Echoes but hopefully, with atleast SOME hype, the game should sell well by now.

Reddit is salty as all hell over these scores. Not big on using that term, but it's really the only way to describe it. It's like they would rather this game bomb and never see the light of day than for it to actually release.

Interesting though. While I don't pay too much attention to scores, it should mean that the game is at least playable and enjoyable. 

I don't really put much faith on Famitsu scores, based on my own experience seeing quite a few of them over time, as well as reading the reviewer's thoughts behind the scores. Over and underrating are much too often there for their say to hold real weight.

I expect the game to be fun, though.

I'm not one to care about review scores (could have been a 2/10 and I still would have bought it) but these look promising.

whatever keeps the guys on reddit foaming must be good, right?

Edited by thecrimsonflash

18 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Reddit is salty as all hell over these scores. Not big on using that term, but it's really the only way to describe it. It's like they would rather this game bomb and never see the light of day than for it to actually release.

This really isn't anything new though. I feel like people there are often even more negative than us on this site. Lots of doom and gloom.

I can't say I put much stock in review scores, however. I still remember people thinking Dragon Age II and Inquisition were fantastic games.

25 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Interesting though. While I don't pay too much attention to scores, it should mean that the game is at least playable and enjoyable. 

I decided to go have a look and it's actually hilarious how badly they have reacted. It's as if different people have different tastes and opinions on games.

But it is nice to see some positivity surrounding the game however.

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

I still remember people thinking Dragon Age II and Inquisition were fantastic games.

Hey, I liked Dragon Age 2. :( (It was extremely flawed but I had my fun with it)

While these scores aren't the best indicator of it's quality, it does send some hopeful signals about the game. I really want it to do well for the sake of the greater franchise. 

Just now, Nanima said:

Hey, I liked Dragon Age 2. :( (It was extremely flawed but I had my fun with it)

CmjZjs9.gif

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

While these scores aren't the best indicator of it's quality, it does send some hopeful signals about the game. I really want it to do well for the sake of the greater franchise. 

Yeah. I hope it'll be easy to buy a game on the Japanese e-shop on the Switch; never tried it. I'll probably buy this game day one, because playing some of these characters in glorious 3D will be sweet.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

CmjZjs9.gif

Yeah. I hope it'll be easy to buy a game on the Japanese e-shop on the Switch; never tried it. I'll probably buy this game day one, because playing some of these characters in glorious 3D will be sweet.

I just can't bring myself to buy a game where I'll understand nothing that isn't (for whatever reason some things are) in English.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I just can't bring myself to buy a game where I'll understand nothing that isn't (for whatever reason some things are) in English.

I speak some Japanese in addition to my native tongue, English, and Spanish. Normally, while my Japanese is rather poor, you can easily make out the context of a conversation. If you want to understand everything, you play through it slowly and look up what you need - that's how I played Fates two years ago.

Of course, I fully expect to run into a few things that'll make me scratch my head, like mission objectives on a special map or something.

Just now, Thane said:

I speak some Japanese in addition to my native tongue, English, and Spanish. Normally, while my Japanese is rather poor, you can easily make out the context of a conversation. If you want to understand everything, you play through it slowly and look up what you need - that's how I played Fates two years ago.

Of course, I fully expect to run into a few things that'll make me scratch my head, like mission objectives on a special map or something.

Seems like more trouble than it's worth.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Learning is fun!

Maybe (though learning other languages is something I'm terrible at despite being generally good at school), but I'd rather play the game without the need to stop and get out my Japanese to English dictionary every time something important happens. I'll just wait the extra month.

18 minutes ago, Thane said:

CmjZjs9.gif

It's an aquired taste...

I haven't done it before either, but I certainly will be trying to get it day one despite my wallet having suffered lately. So long as I can see more of my favourites, it will have been worth it.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Maybe (though learning other languages is something I'm terrible at despite being generally good at school), but I'd rather play the game without the need to stop and get out my Japanese to English dictionary every time something important happens. I'll just wait the extra month.

My Japanese is average at most, but I understand it well enough to get what's going on in the game. In my case, it's also because I prefer the Japanese voice cast (not that the English one is terrible, I am just not used to them) and would rather not depend on a localization to experience the content. (It's 8-4 doing the localization right? Better than Treehouse, but still not something I want to put up with.)

Edited by Nanima

19 minutes ago, Azz said:

I decided to go have a look and it's actually hilarious how badly they have reacted. It's as if different people have different tastes and opinions on games.

But it is nice to see some positivity surrounding the game however.

I tried making a comment justifying Fates score from Famitsu, considering they kept pulling out that example as to why Famitsu cant be taken seriously. Said that at the very least, Fates from a gameplay angle was arguably one of the best in the series. If you look at it from a pure gameplay standpoint. Literally got told by someone that Fates gameplay was a dumpster fire. Last time I checked even Fates biggest criticizers will agree that Fates was at the very least decent in the gameplay department, or was at least an improvement on Awakening.

31 minutes ago, Thane said:

This really isn't anything new though. I feel like people there are often even more negative than us on this site. Lots of doom and gloom.

I can't say I put much stock in review scores, however. I still remember people thinking Dragon Age II and Inquisition were fantastic games.

Im still trying to figure out what the hell happened with Bioware as a whole. ME1-2, Dragon Age Origins, and KOTOR were all great. Then Dragon Age 2 happened, then ME3, then Inquisition, and now Andromeda. Hopefully after Andromeda's big flop they start reorganizing some things, they already sacked the Bioware department responsible for Andromeda's complete mess, so there is a bit of hope there.

I typically dont put much stock in them either, but I dont think I have seen Famitsu give a review score to a game that was complete and total trash, so I think their reveiws have a little more merit than IGN for example.

They definitely make Serenes look a lot more positive. The fact that there are still weekly posts about Awakening's story says enough about the sub. I stick around there because it updates with news for FE on a regular basis, faster than Serenes does anyways. I really dont put a lot of merit into anything in Reddit as a whole, its upvote downvote system is absolutely atrocious.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

It's an aquired taste...

I haven't done it before either, but I certainly will be trying to get it day one despite my wallet having suffered lately. So long as I can see more of my favourites, it will have been worth it.

My Japanese is average at most, but I understand it well enough to get what's going on in the game. In my case, it's also because I prefer the Japanese voice cast (not that the English one is terrible, I am just not used to them) and would rather not depend on a localization to experience the content. (It's 8-4 doing the localization right? Better than Treehouse, but still not something I want to put up with.)

With me, the English cast are these characters for me, so that helps (I think Matt Mercer does a great job as Chrom to the point he's one of the few that I actuallyknow his name), and, again, I don't like listening to dialogue I can't understand and I don't typically hate the localization as that is the version I know.

7 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Treehouse this time around, actually.

19 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I really dont think Treehouse was all that bad. I didnt like them changing supports, there were a lot of unnecessary changes there, but outside of that I dont think Fates localization was as bad as people said it was. While I would rather things stay in tact, I cant say that removing Skinship was a bad move by any means.

The only thing I am not big on so far is the change in voice actors yet again. A lot of that has to do more with the voice actor strike going on right now though.

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I really dont think Treehouse was all that bad. I didnt like them changing supports, there were a lot of unnecessary changes there, but outside of that I dont think Fates localization was as bad as people said it was. While I would rather things stay in tact, I cant say that removing Skinship was a bad move by any means.

The only thing I am not big on so far is the change in voice actors yet again. A lot of that has to do more with the voice actor strike going on right now though.

I wouldn't worry about the VA strike. It doesn't affect japanse games like FE, only western companies. 

Back on subject, the chances are low but did the review said something we didn't knew about the game?

28 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

With me, the English cast are these characters for me, so that helps (I think Matt Mercer does a great job as Chrom to the point he's one of the few that I actuallyknow his name), and, again, I don't like listening to dialogue I can't understand and I don't typically hate the localization as that is the version I know.

Oh I can definitly understand that, but for me it's just the opposite. The Japanese cast are the characters to me and the original script is what I know and grew to appreciate. There is nothing worse for a (hobby) translator with knowledge of the original script than reading the localization. Even if the company tries to stick close, you will inevitably come to disagree with some of their decisions. It just makes for a frustrating read. And half of Treehouse isn't even trying to keep close.

28 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

The thing that baffles me about Treehouse is the divergence in quality. They probably have multiple writing teams working on a single game, and don't seem to be communicating at all with each other (this is how Mozu is both referred to as Hoshidan and Nohrian in certain places). While translating some of the Japanese supports and comparing them to the localization it always struck me that there were supports that were totally fine and even great translations, with the spirit of the original kept intact. And then there were supports that deleted crucial parts of dialogue and changed things entirely for the sake of jokes (or sometimes no apparent reasons at all?). Let's hope that the team in question isn't working on the game (since it will probably have less dialogue than Fates, so it won't need to have as many people working on it). 

Edited by Nanima

14 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I wouldn't worry about the VA strike. It doesn't affect japanse games like FE, only western companies. 

Back on subject, the chances are low but did the review said something we didn't knew about the game?

I listen to mostly the English dubs of the games, rather than the Japanese version. Only game in recent years that I played with the Japanese voice work was Fate/Extella, and that was because it had no English voice option.

A lot of the English voice actors for the characters changed, I think the Awakening cast and Rena Strober (she stated in a recent interview that she did voice work for Azura again, but couldnt say for what game. This was after Heroes, so its likely Warriors) are the only ones that stuck around. I may be wrong there though, could be just Matt Mercer.

Edited by Tolvir

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I listen to mostly the English dubs of the games, rather than the Japanese version. Only game in recent years that I played with the Japanese voice work was Fate/Extella, and that was because it had no English voice option.

A lot of the English voice actors for the characters changed, I think the Awakening cast and Rena Strober (she stated in a recent interview that she did voice work for Azura again, but couldnt say for what game. This was after Heroes, so its likely Warriors) are the only ones that stuck around. I may be wrong there though, could be just Matt Mercer.

The reason most of the Fates' Voice Actors is a tad more complicated, and it's not really Treehouse's fault. Camilla's, Hinoka's and Takumi's original VA's are rather difficult to get and don't really usually do work with games and there's the whole union mess. It doesn't really suprise that they were replaced, in fact, I expected it.