Fire Emblem Warriors Famitsu scores!

Harvey

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I listen to mostly the English dubs of the games, rather than the Japanese version. Only game in recent years that I played with the Japanese voice work was Fate/Extella, and that was because it had no English voice option.

A lot of the English voice actors for the characters changed, I think the Awakening cast and Rena Strober (she stated in a recent interview that she did voice work for Azura again, but couldnt say for what game. This was after Heroes, so its likely Warriors) are the only ones that stuck around. I may be wrong there though, could be just Matt Mercer.

Isn't Frederick back to his original voice after changing in Heroes?

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

The reason most of the Fates' Voice Actors is a tad more complicated, and it's not really Treehouse's fault. Camilla's, Hinoka's and Takumi's original VA's are rather difficult to get and don't really usually do work with games and there's the whole union mess. It doesn't really suprise that they were replaced, in fact, I expected it.

I dont think it was Treehouse's fault. They are responsible for localization, its not like they have a set of voice actors ready to go for their voice work. They have to hire them for the role.

As far as the voice actors themselves go, I really am not trying to blame anyone. It was just a matter of the fact that the strike is definitely effecting the availability of some Voice Actors. Even Lucina's voice actor changed. That and I think the voice actors for those 3 exactly got changed once already in Heroes, so this is potentially the third time they have been changed. I may be wrong there though.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

That and I think the voice actors for those 3 exactly got changed once already in Heroes, so this is potentially the third time they have been changed. I may be wrong there though.

Don't know about the others, but Sinterniklaas has already voiced Takumi in Heroes, so there no further change here.

My problem with Hinoka's voice isn't her actress (who I know puts out good work), but her directing. I can just not understand why they make her sound so artificially screechy and tomboyish, when her Japanese VA sounds perfectly normal.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Frederick kept his original voice actor in Heroes. Only Lucina and Inigo changed for the Awakening characters.

Lucina kept her original voice initially.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I dont think it was Treehouse's fault. They are responsible for localization, its not like they have a set of voice actors ready to go for their voice work. They have to hire them for the role.

As far as the voice actors themselves go, I really am not trying to blame anyone. It was just a matter of the fact that the strike is definitely effecting the availability of some Voice Actors. Even Lucina's voice actor changed. That and I think the voice actors for those 3 exactly got changed once already in Heroes, so this is potentially the third time they have been changed. I may be wrong there though.

I thought Laura Bailey was taking a break due to personal reasons? All I know is Alexis Tipton just sounds a little too...happy for Lucina (thought that may be in part due to her first time in the role being Spring Lucina; Brave Lucina isn't as peppy). I'm getting used to it, but it was a bit odd at first.

Isn't Famitsu known for score inflation? Don't know how much to trust them for that reason.

While I have a 3DSXL, the circle pad cover is probably going to wear away if I use it. So I'm going to wait until I nab a Switch to play this, if I ever choose to. 

Can't and won't weigh in on the VA thing. Just don't sound bad if you can.

9 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Don't know about the others, but Sinterniklaas has already voiced Takumi in Heroes, so there no further change here.

My problem with Hinoka's voice isn't her actress (who I know puts out good work), but her directing. I can just not understand why they make her sound so artificially screechy and tomboyish, when her Japanese VA sounds perfectly normal.

I dont think the voice actors are necessarily bad either, just not all that big on the fact that they changed. I understand why, but I would of rathered we stuck with the same actors. I dont think the voice actors are all that bad though. Definitely could be a hell of a lot worst.

As far as Hinoka goes, I am hoping a lot of that is just bad voice clips for trailers. Kind of like how Fates voice acting sounded terrible in the Corrin Smash trailer, but in reality werent all that bad. That is what I am hoping will happen here.

Most of the time though I think voice acting problems is more of a fault of direction rather than the voice actor themselves. Direction with dub work, whether it be for video games, anime, movies, etc can be really bad sometimes, resulting in a bad dub. Rarely have I seen a legitimately bad voice actor outside of a few extreme examples like that one game where the director used his own family to do the voice work.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Isn't Famitsu known for score inflation? Don't know how much to trust them for that reason.

While I have a 3DSXL, the circle pad cover is probably going to wear away if I use it. So I'm going to wait until I nab a Switch to play this, if I ever choose to. 

Can't and won't weigh in on the VA thing. Just don't sound bad if you can.

Less known for inflation and more known for them not exactly panning video games. I think the lowest score I have seen them give is a 6. They really dont absolutely trash games like some review companies here will. Famitsu doesnt give a whole lot of 9s and 10s out though either, most of the time its 7s and 8s.

I wouldnt exactly say they are trustworthy in their scores, but they also arent terrible like IGN or Game Informer can be sometimes.

4 hours ago, Thany said:

thats alot of 9.

ironically, fe9 is not featured in the game, hahaha cries in italian

btw, i actually don't care about reviewers' scores (i love inazuma eleven's games to death, yet they don't get extremely high scores), but seeing such appreciation, it may actually be a hint about the game being good

i really hope it is, but contextalizing these scores, i expected nothing less: i mean, japan loves musou games, so of course they receive high scores, then add the fact that we're in the "fire emblem's extremely high scores" flow, and we obtain 36/40

not that there's something wrong about it: as i said, i'm just contextualizing

probably western reviewers' scores will be a bit lower except IGN (there's a 99% chance i'm wrong, tho)

Edited by Yexin

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Less known for inflation and more known for them not exactly panning video games. I think the lowest score I have seen them give is a 6. They really dont absolutely trash games like some review companies here will. Famitsu doesnt give a whole lot of 9s and 10s out though either, most of the time its 7s and 8s.

Well a 6 as the lowest score normally works for me, I doubt most sites would go lower than that except for the real trash not worthy of review. And while I don't want flaws to left unexplained in reviews, its good not overplay them too much, aka "waaaa Kid Icarus Uprising has god awful controls". I'll admit it and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon had issues with them (I adapted to them without too much effort though), but don't harp on it too much, explain why're bad, but don't end the review with "it's a game where you'll just fight the controls from beginning to end".

3 minutes ago, Yexin said:

probably western reviewers' scores will be a bit lower except IGN (there's a 99% chance i'm wrong, tho)

Agreed. The West finds Musou button mashy (I almost said butter mashy), after all. For me, I like it since it's an action game, but I lack the talent for the hardcore Bayonetta May Ninja type games.

47 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yeah they been changing her voice actress way too fast. In my opinion they should've kept with her one from Fates

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed. The West finds Musou button mashy (I almost said butter mashy), after all. For me, I like it since it's an action game, but I lack the talent for the hardcore Bayonetta May Ninja type games.

I never really got this, at least for Hyrule Warriors. That game was way more than just a button masher. It got difficult, and you really had to be good at the boss encounters and managing the map. I think most people just played the story mode and assumed there was nothing more to it.

Edited by TheSS

5 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I never really go this, at least for Hyrule Warriors. That game was way more than just a button masher. It got difficult, and you really had to be good at the boss encounters and managing the map. I think most people just played the story mode and assumed there was nothing more to it.

A lot of Warriors games are like that tbh. DW3 has that and it's arrows of doom...and the really bad (But funny) voice acting.

12 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I never really go this, at least for Hyrule Warriors. That game was way more than just a button masher. It got difficult, and you really had to be good at the boss encounters and managing the map. I think most people just played the story mode and assumed there was nothing more to it.

I'm pretty certain it's because of how simple the games look.  Strategic decision making isn't very apparent when watching the game or looking at screenshots, and the obvious thing to do is simply kill things in front of you. 

A lot of people seem to think of musou as a 3d version of beat-em-up games like Double Dragon or the old Simpsons arcade game where the only objectives are to clear the screen.  There are third person 3d beat-em-ups like that (Senran Kagura VS games come to mind), but they don't have the strategic objectives that a standard musou has.  Superficially, the two types of games resemble each other a lot, but they emphasize different aspects of the gameplay (beat-em-ups focus on combat, musou usually balances combat with higher level strategy).

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Lucina kept her original voice initially.

I thought Laura Bailey was taking a break due to personal reasons? All I know is Alexis Tipton just sounds a little too...happy for Lucina (thought that may be in part due to her first time in the role being Spring Lucina; Brave Lucina isn't as peppy). I'm getting used to it, but it was a bit odd at first.

It's not really a break, but rather Laura is getting big in the VA industry, which means she doesn't have the time for these jobs anymore. Kinda what happened with Troy Baker. It's highly unlikely that we will ever see Laura Bailey in a japanese game again. 

Just now, Water Mage said:

It's not really a break, but rather Laura is getting big in the VA industry, which means she doesn't have the time for these jobs anymore. Kinda what happened with Troy Baker. It's highly unlikely that we will ever see Laura Bailey in a japanese game again. 

Shame, but this new Lucina is growing on me.

I don't really put much stock in review scores anymore (especially not without reading a full review first), but hopefully this is at least a good sign for the New 3DS version being about as good as the Switch one. Considering we've seen very little of the New 3DS version, I've been getting worried for how well it would turn out.

On the subject of voice actors, I'm pretty okay with all of the new ones, probably because I've had time to get used to them in Heroes. Hinoka's is a bit more iffy than most, but I still think she's alright. At least I don't hear Tommy Pickles every time she talks anymore...