I want pair-up sensitive dialogue

TheSS

Let's say, for example, Corrin and Elise are paired up, and Elise blocks and attack for him. She might say "Keep your hands off my brother!" or something to that effect. I think stuff like that would add a lot to the game.

I hope no one finds out I only want this because I want to see Odin and Elise using over-the-top team attack names on the slim off chance he's in the game and KT read their support convos

3 minutes ago, TheSS said:

Let's say, for example, Corrin and Elise are paired up, and Elise blocks and attack for him. She might say "Keep your hands off my brother!" or something to that effect. I think stuff like that would add a lot to the game.

I hope no one finds out I only want this because I want to see Odin and Elise using over-the-top team attack names on the slim off chance he's in the game and KT read their support convos

I'm pretty sure this is a thing in-game actually. I distinctly remember while watching one of the most recent demos when Camilla and Hinoka did a pair up attack they referred to each other by name.

Edited by Solaris998

Just now, Solaris998 said:

I'm pretty sure this is a thing in-game actually. I distinctly remember during one of the most recent demos when Camilla and Hinoka did a pair up attack they referred to each other by name.

Could you find a source for this? I'd love to see it.

Edited by TheSS

1 minute ago, Solaris998 said:

Had to look through again but at 7:02 the first time and again at 7:20 (the second one also has slightly different lines and Camilla actually responding) So yeah it's a thing

They seem a little too buddy buddy. Aren't they supposed to hate each other?

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think it's supposed to be post-revelations?

7 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Had to look through again but at 7:02 the first time and again at 7:20 (the second one also has slightly different lines and Camilla actually responding) So yeah it's a thing

That looks really awesome. These will be fun to hear when playing with different combinations. I hope there's some references to support conversations with some of them.

1 minute ago, TheSS said:

That looks really awesome. These will be fun to hear when playing with different combinations. I hope there's some references to support conversations with some of them.

I thought the evidence suggested it was bout the time of the split. Xander and Ryoma don't seem to be on the best of terms in cutscenes.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I mean not particularly? Sure they're on opposing sides in Birthright and Conquest but in their supports in Revelation they were never antagonistic towards each other. And in this context they're on the same side and its clearly not story mode for these demos so no they aren't really supposed to hate each other

Edited by Solaris998

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

They're from a game where the protagonist and deuteragonist are planning on invading Hoshido yet still enjoy a meal together with the Hoshidans and pretend they're all a big, dysfunctional family.

They were made with marketing and symmetry in mind, not any sort of character chemistry or logical sense.

Edited by Thane

16 hours ago, TheSS said:

Late but its confirmed to take place right at the path split, same with Chrom and co barely meeting Robin and such on their end, which is why Lucina is seen with the mask.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

Late but its confirmed to take place right at the path split, same with Chrom and co barely meeting Robin and such on their end, which is why Lucina is seen with the mask.

Actually, while you're correct about Fates, Awakening is said to take place some time after Robin was met and integrated into the army. He's just away doing something else when Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick stumble upon the twins.

13 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Actually, while you're correct about Fates, Awakening is said to take place some time after Robin was met and integrated into the army. He's just away doing something else when Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick stumble upon the twins.

I thought they were expressly looking for him which is how Cordelia gets involved.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

My bad, I missed the Awakening part.