FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

Here is the twitter post of FE Warriors being at TGS. The show the character art cards, one specific thing I noticed that was pointed out over on the Discord was what is directly underneath Lyn's card.

Underneath if you zoom in enough you can see a bronze colored diamond shape tip. Looks like maybe a part of a lance, and that may exactly be what it is. When you look at Azura's lance in her official art, that same exact tip is one the bottom part of the lance.

Aqua_White(FE14).png

There is the photo of Azura for reference. If you literally flip the pose, you end up with the bottom of the lance being on the upper left side rather than upper right side, exactly like what we see in that card.

I am relatively sure that is Azura.

Anyway, there are the photos of their TGS set up. They show pictures of the special edition along with some more screenshots of the game on a few banners.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I hope it's her, a gameplay with dancing water-bending spear moves would be awesome !

I know there is a show in 8~9 hours, but is there a way to watch it ?

Here's the link to the first stream on YT.

(Low key annoyed I'm gonna have to get up at 6 a.m. to watch it live and also get ready for school simultaneously >_<. God damn time zones)

But yeah, I'm really hoping for Azura. Imagine how beautiful she could look while fighting with the way she dances and her water-bending esq powers.

Edited by Azz

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

Here's the link to the first stream on YT.

But yeah, I'm really hoping for Azura. Imagine how beautiful she could look while fighting with the way she dances and her water-bending esq powers.

Thanks for the link.

That is what I am hoping. Someone on reddit made a good point that the gender swaps are getting their own art card as well, and considering the box art that was 25 in total. At the same time though, we dont know if the gender swaps cards are double sided, that way you can "choose" which one you like better. Kind of like the cover for games being reversable. On top of that, while Lyn was confirmed, we still have yet to confirm Celica.

Im really hoping for Azura though.

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Thanks for the link.

That is what I am hoping. Someone on reddit made a good point that the gender swaps are getting their own art card as well, and considering the box art that was 25 in total. At the same time though, we dont know if the gender swaps cards are double sided, that way you can "choose" which one you like better. Kind of like the cover for games being reversable. On top of that, while Lyn was confirmed, we still have yet to confirm Celica.

Im really hoping for Azura though.

Oh geez, that person was me.

I think that card is Caeda for te reasons I listed on reddit. I'm not expecting Azura to get a card even if she in the game.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Give me Walhart or give me death!

Okay maybe not death but I really do want Walhart!

Walhart would be great. We need the great lobster face off between Walhart and Ryoma so we finally know who the true greatest lobster is.

6 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

Oh geez, that person was me.

I think that card is Caeda for te reasons I listed on reddit. I'm not expecting Azura to get a card even if she in the game.

True, but as I said in the post, Corrin and Robins art cards could easily be double sided. That way you display the one you prefer, kind of like the way a double sided game cover works. Just an idea, were the two cards seen at all seperate from each other? Like the male and female Corrin side by side?

I really didnt expect Azura to get one either to be honest, but that looks a hell of a lot like the bottom of her lance, and the white piece of cloth to the side adds up with her official artwork. Considering that Koei has been using the official artwork of the characters for their poses, I would say it adds up. Again, this is just speculation though. That easily could be Caeda.

Edited by Tolvir

I hope it's Azura and I want to believe it's her because I like her and would like her in the game. And it helps Ike's chances because it definitely proves that that leaked box with the sprites is not the entire roster! (Ike was not on it and neither was Azura)

Why would Azura be mirrored though? Caeda's official artwork would match that pose.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/c/cc/Caeda_(Shadow_Dragon_Artwork).png/revision/latest?cb=20130506004734

And they have might changed the tip of her lance to remove that rope, since it'd likely just cause a lot of clipping. The first white bit bellow the lance matches the position and color of her elbow too.

Edited by NeonZ
There's no 2nd white bit, that was a different card.

i was like 100% convinced it was azura for a sec but then I thought about it more and I feel like it could just as well be caeda

the pose makes me think azura since she holds her lance like that but it could be either really

1 minute ago, NeonZ said:

Why would Azura be mirrored though? Caeda's official artwork would match that pose.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/c/cc/Caeda_(Shadow_Dragon_Artwork).png/revision/latest?cb=20130506004734

And they have might changed the tip of her lance to remove that rope, since it'd likely just cause a lot of clipping. The first white bit bellow the lance matches the position and color of her elbow too. Although, I'm not sure about the 2nd one.

They changed Cordelia's lance and Takumi has a new pose, dont see why they couldnt flip Azura's portrait, especially if there might be some changes to the lance or outfit in any way.

As I said though, this is just speculation. It could just as easily be Caeda. At the same time, it could just as easily be Azura. And as I pointed out originally, if you zoom in or get a closer look to the card, that diamond shape tip is the exact same look as Azura's lance. The white parts flared out also add up with Azura's original art.

Im leaning towards Azura personally, but it could easily be Caeda.

10 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

At the same time, it could just as easily be Azura. And as I pointed out originally, if you zoom in or get a closer look to the card, that diamond shape tip is the exact same look as Azura's lance. The white parts flared out also add up with Azura's original art.

Im leaning towards Azura personally, but it could easily be Caeda.

If you look at the image with its biggest size (using the orig command), there's a darker circle near that lance's tip that doesn't match the diamond shape of Azura's.

And I don't think that bold bit works either. The visible white part is directly under the yellow part of the lance, but that doesn't match Azura's pose. The only part high enough to be that one would be her arm's white gloves, but it shouldn't be stretched like that. If you mean the 2nd white detail bellow, that's from a separate card.

Regarding changing poses, they've only changed Takumi's so far, and that has a pretty obvious reason (to give focus to his front, rather than backside). There would be no point in mirroring Azura.

Edited by NeonZ

7 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

If you look at the image with its biggest size (using the orig command), there's a darker circle near that lance's tip that doesn't match the diamond shape of Azura's.

And I don't think that bold bit works either. The visible white part is directly under the yellow part of the lance, but that doesn't match Azura's pose. The only part high enough to be that one would be her arm's white gloves, but it shouldn't be stretched like that. If you mean the 2nd white detail bellow, that's from a separate card.

Regarding changing poses, they've only changed Takumi's so far, and that has a pretty obvious reason (to give focus to his front, rather than backside). There would be no point in mirroring Azura.

Good point. I am not too sure why they would change Wing Spear, considering they kept Sol Katti the same, but they could of easily done so.

Im thinking that second white part is Celica honestly, there seems to be a bit of red in it, which would most likely be her.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Like someone else pointed out, the elbow makes it seem more like Caeda. If we linked it to Azura's original pose, I'm pretty sure her hair would've stuck out a bit more.

That is definitely a good point that I didnt think of.

I got real excited when I saw this I'll be honest. Know I shouldn't be getting my hopes up too high since it could be Caeda (as many have pointed out, though I'm not sure why they would redesign her spear- actually I'm surprised if she has a spear at all) but I really want it to be Azura. She's the character I've wanted most in this game, for potential moveset and personal reasons of course. I could be setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm gonna hope anyway- 

Edited by Solaris998

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I hope it's Azura and I want to believe it's her because I like her and would like her in the game. And it helps Ike's chances because it definitely proves that that leaked box with the sprites is not the entire roster! (Ike was not on it and neither was Azura)

I'm pretty positive that isn't the entire roster purely due to Navarre being seen in the big group scene with other playable characters..it doesn't seem to be an appropriate place for an NPC.

44 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

They also changed Lyn's and slightly changed Camilla's.

25 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I'm pretty positive that isn't the entire roster purely due to Navarre being seen in the big group scene with other playable characters..it doesn't seem to be an appropriate place for an NPC.

Yeah, and it's also understandable if some playable characters are being kept off the box because they're more secret or story spoilerish. I just think Ike ought to be revealed because, well, he's Ike, man. The most popular male and a candidate for most popular FE character period.

30 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Don't forget about Sakura, they also changed Sakura's (though I suppose that's probably due to her weapon)

I didn't really look at her render yet lol

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and it's also understandable if some playable characters are being kept off the box because they're more secret or story spoilerish. I just think Ike ought to be revealed because, well, he's Ike, man. The most popular male and a candidate for most popular FE character period.

True enough, they may either be saving him for later as a big reveal or they weren't able to finish him in time for release. With Lyn in, I have no doubt Ike is too..just in what way remains to be seen.

I'm torn on whether I'd rather see more of the characters from the cover, or characters completely unknown so far. I'd love to finally see Celica and Caeda in-game, but a potentially all-new character also sounds exciting. If we're really lucky, maybe we'll get one or more of both. Tiki and Azura? Celica and Ike? Who knows! Either way, I'm excited.

10 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm torn on whether I'd rather see more of the characters from the cover, or characters completely unknown so far. I'd love to finally see Celica and Caeda in-game, but a potentially all-new character also sounds exciting. If we're really lucky, maybe we'll get one or more of both. Tiki and Azura? Celica and Ike? Who knows! Either way, I'm excited.

I'd like a new one to just slam a final nail in the 25 roster/all of EU SE box theory coffin.