FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

18 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Enough with the sword insults already. Honestly, I like sword wielders. In fact, I'm probably the only person who wouldn't care if it were all sword users.

if this were in a vacuum, i wouldn't care at all

unfortunately life doesn't work that way; they said themselves that weapon type was the main reason why we're not allowed to have a game that focuses on the series as a whole instead of just 2ish games, so they frankly deserve all the heat they get for bringing in one of the few lords from the non-focus games that could easily be justified as a non sword-user and then making them into one

the glut of sword users isn't the problem and never really has been, it's the fact they cited trying to avoid it as a major influence on game development and then ended up having just as many as we probably would have had anyway

they would've been better off not saying anything at all, which says something considering how well that's working out for them with people's faith in shadow dragon representation

Edited by Iridium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Let's hope they throw some surprise announcements out there the next few days. I really think that is what they need. Announce more than just the characters people are expecting. 

Pretty sure it WAS supposed to be a surprise announcement. The leak just screwed up the hype for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Torii said:

I'm running out the door in a minute to go to uni but for the reason they said Celica will not use a sword in this game is because there are no tomes in Echoes, and they thought it would be weird for Celica to have to use the tomes in this game for her attacks. Therefore they put magic in her special moves instead while focusing on sword for her main attacks

You know what, I can appreciate this reason. Equipping weapons seems like a big thing, so making Celica a magic user would either mean making her use tomes, or not letting her equip different weapons. At least giving her swords as her main weapon stays truthful to the source game, while still letting her use unique magic for her specials. Still a bit disappointing that she seems to be a Marth clone, but I can respect the overall decision.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

Pretty sure it WAS supposed to be a surprise announcement. The leak just screwed up the hype for everyone.

Yeah that is true. But even then, I can't exactly say people would of been hyped with this reveal given the situation. 

LYN used DOUBLE TEAM

LAU is REALLY IMPRESSED

Not but seriously, it was really cool, nice throwback.

Ah Celica my sweet, you look gorgeous. My mains are gonna be Marth and Celica, that much is for sure. I enjoyed the stream, it was really nice, the lady was cute, and the gameplay looked amazing.

And oh, I'm a supporter of clones, so the more, the merrier.

So.. Is that it? I guess we just got the Celica reveal for this particular broadcast, with other stuff to be revealed down the line.

The fact there is still no "proper" Shadow Dragon reveals yet is starting to wear down on me. It's been said to death, but why focus on three titles when...

A: Shadow Dragon does not have any proper characters besides Marth. (Y!Tiki is an amiibo while Caeda and Navarre are leaks). Heck, we get Lyn and Celica first instead of Shadow Dragon proper...
B: There was supposedly a focus on the Weapon Triangle, yet all I really see are Swords and cloned movesets. (I don't mind the Sword Users, but it seemingly goes against the "Weapon Triangle Focus.")

While I will still pick up FE:W and enjoy it, the reveals thus far have been extremely lackluster. What is coming is either already obvious or has been leaked, and there is not really anything to hype oneself about because of how confusing everything is. They really need to have a proper surprise or something to get the hype train going, because right now I am feeling nothing. I know I'll love the game, but there is no buildup to it...

Just now, Anacybele said:

What? Not necessarily. Ike, Azura, and Tiki would not be clones.

That's not how game development works. They didn't make Celica a clone because that's what her character is, she's a clone because they wanted to buff the roster easily. No matter who they chose they would have made them a clone.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? Not necessarily. Ike, Azura, and Tiki would not be clones.

I feel like he's moreso getting at we have no idea when Celica was added during development. For all we know, she was added at a point in time where there was so little development time left that they only had enough time to make a clone regardless of the character. It's the justification used for the clones in Smash 4, whether or not you like it is up to you.

Edit: And I think I got ninja'd.

Edited by Raijinto

I'm kinda expecting Celica and Lyn to get the "Sonic in Brawl" treatment in the story, where they just pop in at the end so that they're at least available at all. Maybe some small appearances in cutscenes, but nothing too crazy.

Just now, RotomGuy said:

That's not how game development works. They didn't make Celica a clone because that's what her character is, she's a clone because they wanted to buff the roster easily. No matter who they chose they would have made them a clone.

You're missing the point. I'm simply saying that it would've been impossible for certain characters to be clones.

Also, I never approved of adding clones to buff the roster. Quality over quantity, imo. Throwing in a bunch of clones hurts the quality to me.

I definitely agree that Celica and Lyn were added late in development. I just hope that didn't hurt the chances of some characters like Draug, Azura, or someone else who would be able to balance the weapon triangle a bit and give use something new.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

I definitely agree that Celica and Lyn were added late in development. I just hope that didn't hurt the chances of some characters like Draug, Azura, or someone else who would be able to balance the weapon triangle a bit and give use something new.

Crossing my fingers they were added as soon as the backlash started, so we can get an example of 'this is how long a clone's development time takes' to point at when we get complaints like this:

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're missing the point. I'm simply saying that it would've been impossible for certain characters to be clones.

(No offence, Ana. But when you've been on the Smash Hype train for a long enough time, it becomes the straw that breaks the camel's back, and yours was closest.)

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I never approved of adding clones to buff the roster. Quality over quantity, imo. Throwing in a bunch of clones hurts the quality to me.

Celica was not from the three focused games, so she was likely a very late addition and therefore a low priority. If Azura and Tiki were in, they would have been developed from the start. It is not the same case with Celica (and if theoretically Ogma is in, I could see Ike getting cloned off of him).

11 minutes ago, Lau said:

And oh, I'm a supporter of clones, so the more, the merrier.

So, you are a "Quantity over quality" person...? I don't care about the bond conversations at this point. 

You people are the reason crap like Falcondorf is still a thing in Smash.

Anyway...

From what I've seen so far, FE Warriors is a huge step down from Hyrule Warriors. HW had a smaller roster but each character was unique and had his/her own unique charm. This...this just feels wrong. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

A bigger roster gives us more bond conversations, which means more characterisation. Is that not good enough? Clones or not, they each have their own individual personalities.

The quality of bond conversations could be hurt too because of an inflated roster. Look at Awakening and Fates' supports. I don't think they're as good as, say, the ones in PoR because PoR has limited choices for each character, rather than the everyone x everyone nonsense.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

(No offence, Ana. But when you've been on the Smash Hype train for a long enough time, it becomes the straw that breaks the camel's back, and yours was closest.)

Uh...what?

3 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

Celica was not from the three focused games, so she was likely a very late addition and therefore a low priority. If Azura and Tiki were in, they would have been developed from the start. It is not the same case with Celica (and if theoretically Ogma is in, I could see Ike getting cloned off of him).

I don't think Ogma is getting in at this point if Navarre is indeed playable. That puts three swords on the SD side alone and that's too much with what other swords we already have.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Crossing my fingers they were added as soon as the backlash started, so we can get an example of 'this is how long a clone's development time takes' to point at when we get complaints like this:

That would be nice. Wonder what the Japanese fan reception of al of this has been, since they likely didnt know about the leak. 

Anyways, I'm out. It's almost 3 here and I have some stuff I need to get done tomorrow. See everyone late tomorrow. Maybe they will pull some surprise announcements.

Edited by Tolvir

So is Celery another Light user? I wasn't paying much attention to her elements outside of her special attacks.

To be honest I'd be okay with her being another swordie and a Marth clone if she at least had Fire as her element, but if she's just a Light user that's kinda lame.