FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

57 minutes ago, Lau said:

A bigger roster gives us more bond conversations, which means more characterisation. Is that not good enough? Clones or not, they each have their own individual personalities.

Might as well just watch videos of the convos of youtube if I'm just getting the game for more characterization.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

So, you are a "Quantity over quality" person...?

To quote a dark angel:

"You say that like its a bad thing."

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The quality of bond conversations could be hurt too because of an inflated roster. Look at Awakening and Fates' supports. I don't think they're as good as, say, the ones in PoR because PoR has limited choices for each character, rather than the everyone x everyone nonsense.

Uh...what?

I don't think Ogma is getting in at this point if Navarre is indeed playable. That puts three swords on the SD side alone and that's too much with what other swords we already have.

I'm not expecting him, but you listed Ike as being a character who would be impossible to be a clone. I was just saying it is not outside the realm of possibility. 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh...what?

Just covering my bases to make sure it doesn't sound like I'm attacking you directly. Because I'm not- just your complaint.

Which has been debunked too many times to be taken seriously anymore.

1 minute ago, Truthblade said:

Celica was not from the three focused games, so she was likely a very late addition and therefore a low priority. If Azura and Tiki were in, they would have been developed from the start. It is not the same case with Celica (and if theoretically Ogma is in, I could see Ike getting cloned off of him).

I'd theorize that it's also very likely that certain characters we've seen might have been low-priority and added as everything else about the roster was finished as well. Lucina was probably the first one (we know she was very close to being axed), then the two little sisters from Fates (could have started as NPCs, might have been added as playable latter on but the time spent on them was probably short and limited), and also Lyn and Celica (who were probably among some of the last characters to finish development and thus got the clone treatment + Lyn is very similiar to the standard Myrmidon/Swordmaster and Celica, despite wielding magic in her home game, only had swords as an actual equipable weapon, also, very likely to have someone on the team and/or outside push for their inclusion because fanboy). F!Robin and M!Corrin are probably a little different in reason from those five as likely intentional clones.

I just want another archer. I planned to play them all, but all right now is just Takumi. He'll never leave my team at this rate. Even sticking with the three focus games, Jeorge and Virion are also good characters. I hate to be yet another guy making demands but this supposed 25 base roster is just not good. D minus. And your announcements have consistently been turned in late. You're failing the class, FEW.

Celica and Lyn are one of the few good choices to come from the game. The leak ruined the surprise of these two characters, but as much as I initially wanted characters like Ike, not including him adheres to their terrible decisions they've set precedent.

This roster is just a mess. People are clamouring for Shadow Dragon characters, but honestly Marth and Tiki is all that game needs. The characters are barebones and don't offer anything new. I'd even say Caeda isn't very deserving of a roster, despite her heroine role. Of course, I can't blame people asking for Shadow Dragon characters since they were conditioned into believing there'd be fair representation for that game, but honestly their communication with the game and design decisions are appalling. Having a focus on Fates/Awakening is fine, but the necessity to include all the siblings, Lissa and Frederick were some of the moronic roster choices they could've done. Cordelia also feels very out of place, if they wanted the popular female from Awakening it should have be Tharja (and I despise Tharja). 

A sword-dominated roster is fair and makes sense for a Fire Emblem Warriors game, however using it as a reason for excluding characters such as Ike and Roy is honestly laughable. This is furthered by the nonsense with the two OCs being shoe-horned into using swords because of tutorial bullocks. Azura, especially, should have been one of the prime choices for Fates and yet is missing? 

Just now, LoboKD001 said:

so... what is this faye thing? i dont see anything that looks like faye. i only see takumi

It was something I saw out of the corner of my eye, and since they're still streaming, I can't go back to look at it (I don't think).

But I'm perfectly willing to concede that it was Takumi. It just didn't look anything like him.

7 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

To quote a dark angel:

"You say that like its a bad thing." 

Dynasty Warriors 6 and 7 were mocked for clone movesets. Its a very sour topic for the Warriors community. 

9 is getting less flak for it because of how ambitious the game is but still, generally clone movesets in Warriors games are seen as super lazy.

Honestly now, I'd prefer it be Azura in and not Celica (Note: I like Celica more). Another Fates rep but at least a lance infantry meaning we'd get something different.

1 minute ago, LoboKD001 said:

so... what is this faye thing? i dont see anything that looks like faye. i only see takumi

I want to know about it too.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

It was something I saw out of the corner of my eye, and since they're still streaming, I can't go back to look at it (I don't think).

But I'm perfectly willing to concede that it was Takumi. It just didn't look anything like him.

was it during the gameplay with celica? cuz i just watched the thing again and theres only takumi on the field

was it during the gameplay with celica? cuz i just watched the thing again and theres only takumi on the field

It was a portrait, not the character (please no Archer Faye again, give her her goddamn staff).

Wait, you can rewatch it?

1 minute ago, RotomGuy said:

I love Celica but I must admit this is the first announcement to really love a sour taste in my mouth. I would have rather had her excluded than made into a clone.

I hate late additions additions in Musou game. Reminds of Opona in All-Star, he might have had a unique movesets (something Celica lacks) but he had nothing to do or anything really unique to do in that game. 

Man... watching Celica use mainly a sword and only her supers have the ''magic'' touch in it? That.... that was awful. This announcement was awful.

Celica wasn't even picked over Alm so she would be a magic user... I can't even fathom WHAT was the reason if she was just turned into a clone of Marth.

This.... roster kinda sucks. So many sword users wasn't the problem but...CLONES as well?. 2 archers... no.... no lance infantry. and waifu axes with only fred being the bro.

At this point I'm willing to say most of the ''care'' into the game is gonna go to DLC. I'm not liking this. I'm not liking this AT ALL.

I don't know which game was more poorly handled at this point. This or Marvel Infinite.

4 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Man... watching Celica use mainly a sword and only her supers have the ''magic'' touch in it? That.... that was awful. This announcement was awful.

Celica wasn't even picked over Alm so she would be a magic user... I can't even fathom WHAT was the reason if she was just turned into a clone of Marth.

This.... roster kinda sucks. So many sword users wasn't the problem but...CLONES as well?. 2 archers... no.... no lance infantry. and waifu axes with only fred being the bro.

At this point I'm willing to say most of the ''care'' into the game is gonna go to DLC. I'm not liking this. I'm not liking this AT ALL.

I don't know which game was more poorly handled at this point. This or Marvel Infinite.

it sad that i was really hyped for the game then the lyn and celica announcement killed it

also celica might be in cuz the producer said he likes her so... maybe thats the reason lmao

1 minute ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Think it'll all depend on the plot. I guess Infinite was decent for a fighting game? Not sure what the standard for cross-over fighting games story was, but it had a lot of cinematics at least. 

3 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

I almost have to agree. I've been defending this game since it's announcement but this reveal really annoyed me.

it sad that i was really hyped for the game then the lyn and celica announcement killed it

also celica might be in cuz the producer said he likes her so... maybe thats the reason lmao

That might've actually helped Alm. If the dude is DLC. which is very likely NOW thanks to this embarrassing showcase... He might actually come with an original moveset.

DLC saved a character. DLC. what. That's the level of care we're getting in games now?

3 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

That might've actually helped Alm. If the dude is DLC. which is very likely NOW thanks to this embarrassing showcase... He might actually come with an original moveset.

DLC saved a character. DLC. what. That's the level of care we're getting in games now?

i should feel wrong for saying this but...

female characters? free
boys doe? fucking paid dlc

1 minute ago, LoboKD001 said:

Oh probably, but I'd say that the time and resources spent on her was decidedly less than some other characters on the roster, which would point to her being a lategame addition.