FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Yea, but wind magic is still a thing too

...Let's be honest. I'm biased towards pegasi. But even people who aren't will tell you that pegasi have never been scared of that, either. Why do you think Merric sucks in Heroes?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

...Let's be honest. I'm biased towards pegasi. But even people who aren't will tell you that pegasi have never been scared of that, either. Why do you think Merric sucks in Heroes?

I thought it was bcuz he has horrible resistance.

3 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

Where the fuck is Cain, Abel, Draug, Gordin and Jagen.

They better be revealed on night 2.

They won't cuz they ain't in the game.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, Peaceful_User said:

Where the fuck is Cain, Abel, Draug, Gordin and Jagen.

They better be revealed on night 2.

Night 2 will have gameplay and apparently a new video. Doesn't say anything about a character though

This announcement is somewhat disappointing for me. Im glad that they added Celica, but the execution is extremely poor. I would rather have Alm as a Marth clone, with Celica exclusively using Valentian magic. Celica's moveset is a combination of what she and Alm should have been, which runs any chances of Alm getting in and poorly represents Celica herself. I suppose this is better than not getting Valentian characters at all, though.

2 minutes ago, Denomon3144 said:

This announcement is somewhat disappointing for me. Im glad that they added Celica, but the execution is extremely poor. I would rather have Alm as a Marth clone, with Celica exclusively using Valentian magic. Celica's moveset is a combination of what she and Alm should have been, which runs any chances of Alm getting in and poorly represents Celica herself. I suppose this is better than not getting Valentian characters at all, though.

Celica fights with a slim sword and regal grace, just like Marth does. If she had to be a clone of anyone of the current cast, Marth is the most accurate, with the next one (IF this were the case) being Eirika. Also, how can you equip magic without a tome, which, by the way, don't exist in Valentia?

Alm wouldn't work on Marth for a few reasons but the most obvious being that he's left handed. That, and he doesn't have Marth's royal upbringing to justify using a rapier or anything of the like

I like quality over quantity. If I get 10 cakes but they're of mediocre quality, I'd rather have one really great cake. That's all I really have to say about this other than a "PR team is stupid and the dev team is all over the place with their excuses" complaint.

Just woke up; so Celica got confirmed, hm? Would've preferred if they broke the mold and brought in say, Berkut, but regardless. The leak is real, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily every character..yet.

4 minutes ago, DIO said:

Just woke up; so Celica got confirmed, hm? Would've preferred if they broke the mold and brought in say, Berkut, but regardless. The leak is real, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily every character..yet.

I would die in happiness if berkut got in somehow.

While some complaints are valid, most of them are just blown out of proportion, which isn't surprising considering this fandom.

I'm glad that Celica's in the game? Yes. Am i a bit upset that she's an almost exact clone of Marth? Yes. Am i gonna throw a fit about it? No.

It's amazing how every FE Warriors discussion always degrades into arguing about the roster choices. 

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Just covering my bases to make sure it doesn't sound like I'm attacking you directly. Because I'm not- just your complaint.

Which has been debunked too many times to be taken seriously anymore.

...What the hell are you talking about? What complaint? I feel I've been making legitimate complaints this whole time. Other people are saying Ike and Azura should've been in.

Alm is left-handed, I think that is enough reason to make him a unviable option for Clonish moveset (it would be a HUGE disservice to Alm's fans and Left-handed people).

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...What the hell are you talking about? What complaint? I feel I've been making legitimate complaints this whole time. Other people are saying Ike and Azura should've been in.

The 'Ike will definitely be not-a-clone because character' thing. Because when Lyn and Celica were added, them being non-clones wasn't really an option.

(Is it bad it's been a long time since this argument started and I know what it's about?)

Just now, phineas81707 said:

The 'Ike will definitely be not-a-clone because character' thing. Because when Lyn and Celica were added, them being non-clones wasn't really an option.

(Is it bad it's been a long time since this argument started and I know what it's about?)

1. We don't actually know for sure if Lyn is a clone yet. Plus, Celica didn't need to be a clone. She could've been her own thing.

2. There is no character in the roster right now that you could realistically clone Ike from. Darius is a possibility, but we don't even know if he's actually playable.

Just now, Anacybele said:

1. We don't actually know for sure if Lyn is a clone yet. Plus, Celica didn't need to be a clone. She could've been her own thing.

2. There is no character in the roster right now that you could realistically clone Ike from. Darius is a possibility, but we don't even know if he's actually playable.

Who would Lyn be the clone of? Her style of swordplay involves speed clones. 

Ike has a heavy hitter style of play. I imagine that he wouldn't make speedy slashes like Lucina and Chrom would.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Who would Lyn be the clone of? Her style of swordplay involves speed clones. 

Ike has a heavy hitter style of play. I imagine that he wouldn't make speedy slashes like Lucina and Chrom would.

Exactly. That's why I brought up Darius being the only possibility, because he looks like a heavy hitter himself AND even has a huge ass sword. But that's only if he's playable.

I'd prefer that Ike not be a clone, but I'd be okay with him getting cloned off of Darius if the moveset is cool enough and fits. And so long as Ike got his Aether animation in there somewhere too.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I mean, speaking for plausibility sake... let's be real here people.

Warriors gameplay isn't exactly the most difficult to handle. Even though the weapon triangle is present, it is by no means going to be detrimental to gameplay. You'll be able to beat a hoard of lance users as Ryoma spamming the same combo just as you would if you were Camilla. What I'm guessing is going to happen is a small multiplicative factor that increases/decreases your damage, depending on the weapon triangle. But this is purely conjecture, I haven't been keeping up to date if it affects other things (hit stun, etc).

It's looking like a carbon copy of the affinity system from DW8, which actually has a very real effect on the gameplay-- it's the difference between blowing through officers and gradually grinding away at them while they get in good hits on you.

Honestly, Celica is the first reveal for the game I'm just disappointed in. She could've been so unique, but she's just a clone.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. Granted. I don't think I've been following that argument.

2. There is no way you could craft Ike's moveset in time. He's not getting in the base game a non-clone.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

2. There is no way you could craft Ike's moveset in time. He's not getting in the base game a non-clone.

You don't know this for sure. Though that being said, I am losing hope of Ike being in the base game at all. Which is bullshit, because he deserves to be in especially if Lyn is there. It's really stupid and insulting to Ike fans to include the most popular female, but leave him out when he's the most popular male.

But now it looks like us Ike fans would have to shell out extra money for him. Again, bullshit. I wouldn't have minded if Lyn and other non-3DS characters were DLC too, but this just feels scummy.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You don't know this for sure. Though that being said, I am losing hope of Ike being in the base game at all. Which is bullshit, because he deserves to be in especially if Lyn is there. It's really stupid and insulting to Ike fans to include the most popular female, but leave him out when he's the most popular male.

But now it looks like us Ike fans would have to shell out extra money for him. Again, bullshit. I wouldn't have minded if Lyn and other non-3DS characters were DLC too, but this just feels scummy.

WHY DO YOU THINK WE'VE BEEN COMPLAINING?

This entire thing has been a trainwreck, and shows just how dangerous Pandering To The Base is. I preferred the game when it wasn't announced.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

WHY DO YOU THINK WE'VE BEEN COMPLAINING?

This entire thing has been a trainwreck, and shows just how dangerous Pandering To The Base is. I preferred the game when it wasn't announced.

Yeah, I don't deny that the PR has been pretty bad. I know you can't ever please everyone, but still.

Thinking of canceling my preorder, but I'm going to wait until the Japanese release and see what else is found there.