FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

18 minutes ago, Thane said:

Lyn's legs are surprisingly short and, well, covered in this game. They've sort of always been her selling point, yet they've given her jiggle physics, so I'm not really sure what to think anymore.

They gave her pants, which is understandable, but high treason.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/21/2017 at 10:27 PM, Thane said:

Didn't think Sacaeans had those.

*cough* *cough*

Spoiler

Edited by Azz

Just now, Water Mage said:

And it's possible for to be Lyn's daughter, which means she disgracing her mother!

Yes, what a disgrace to the Lorca legacy her mother left her, BURN THE PANTSED HEATHEN!!!

Anyone think we might get a surprise announcement? I know they said there were no reveals today, but you never know with conventions. Not that I am getting any hopes up here either, just curious.

There is also the possibility of an accidental reveal like what happened with Navarre and Caeda.

39 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

What? How is possible that I didn't see that?

I'm ashamed of myself...

Your power level is too low

21 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@omegaxis1 @Zangetsu Virtually nobody outside of the core fandom is complaining about Lyn's and Celica's inclusion; there's a far more positive slant in general outside this little bubble of the fandom.

I don't think the core fandom's expectations are too unreasonable for this game, personally. Lack of expectations also means a lack of complaints, which means those people don't really form solid opinions about the game anyway.

I'm curious if the leak affected any plans for reveals. I'm certain that Celica was planned all along, but they may throw out another character that they weren't planning to show yet, just in an attempt to one-up the leak. I hope that's the case, anyway.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't think the core fandom's expectations are too unreasonable for this game, personally. Lack of expectations also means a lack of complaints, which means those people don't really form solid opinions about the game anyway.

Stuff the core fandom finds controversial doesn't really matter to the broader one; that's something I thought would be obvious, considering FE's recent history.

27 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@omegaxis1 @Zangetsu Virtually nobody outside of the core fandom is complaining about Lyn's and Celica's inclusion; there's a far more positive slant in general outside this little bubble of the fandom.

I dont think anyone is complaining about Lyn and Celica being included. I think what is being misunderstood is that people, and rightfully so, are upset with the developers of the game. They claimed early on that the game was limited to reduce the amount of swords in the game. That answer was completely reasonable. Some had an issue with it because all we had at the time were sword users, but as some of the other weapon users started rolling in things were clearing up a bit. Their comment made sense.

Then they announce not 1, but 2 more sword users. On top of this, a lot of SD fans are, again rightfully upset, because while being one of the 3 main games, they feel that it is getting pushed to the side. We know of Tiki and Caeda, but if that is all SD gets then the SD fans have an entirely legitimate reason to be pissed.

I personally think this was a product of bad timing. I think SD's cast should of been revealed by now, leaving only these "surprise" announcements for TGS. That way all the characters expected are out of the way, and it leaves Lyn, Celica, Anna, etc. for actually surprising announcements. Unfortunately, the leak also had an unfortunate effect on it all.

The problem isnt with Lyn and Celica, it never was. Its with Koei and their atrocious PR for this game.

51 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I don't think there was anybody outside of the core fandom who complained about the characters included in the roster either so...

14 minutes ago, Folt said:

I don't think there was anybody outside of the core fandom who complained about the characters included in the roster either so...

There were plenty in the likes of Gamefaqs and youtube comments that voiced their complaints long after the core fandom had seemingly made peace-- this is a reversal, if anything. The negativity felt ominipresent-- not including Lyn and Celica would've lost them a lot of good will. It's not entirely gone, of course, but people have warmed up to things due to their inclusion. They're going to do far more good than harm to the game's sales and reception (how much that is overall, though...).

28 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I dont think anyone is complaining about Lyn and Celica being included. I think what is being misunderstood is that people, and rightfully so, are upset with the developers of the game. They claimed early on that the game was limited to reduce the amount of swords in the game. That answer was completely reasonable. Some had an issue with it because all we had at the time were sword users, but as some of the other weapon users started rolling in things were clearing up a bit. Their comment made sense.

Then they announce not 1, but 2 more sword users. On top of this, a lot of SD fans are, again rightfully upset, because while being one of the 3 main games, they feel that it is getting pushed to the side. We know of Tiki and Caeda, but if that is all SD gets then the SD fans have an entirely legitimate reason to be pissed.

I personally think this was a product of bad timing. I think SD's cast should of been revealed by now, leaving only these "surprise" announcements for TGS. That way all the characters expected are out of the way, and it leaves Lyn, Celica, Anna, etc. for actually surprising announcements. Unfortunately, the leak also had an unfortunate effect on it all.

The problem isnt with Lyn and Celica, it never was. Its with Koei and their atrocious PR for this game.

I agree.
But there have also been people on SF (I believe in this very thread even) who have said that one or both shouldn't have been included. It's just been complaining and complaining about complaining. The PR was already in an awkward situation, and Lyn destroyed it's credibility. Could it partially be KT's fault and also partially IS' fault for forcing in unplanned characters? Maybe. I just think the horse has been beaten well enough at this point; yeah, it sucks Celica is a Marth clone. But as I've observed, Celica and Lyn have given broader perception of the game a more positive spin. That was my original point; as much as we go on about the PR, their inclusion has almost certainly helped the game in the eyes of the overall playerbase.

Edited by The DanMan

34 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Pretty much this. 

The way they've been handling this game has been terrible. I find it hard to believe that these are the same developers that worked on Hyrule Warriors. SD cast should have been revealed right after they were done with the Fates cast. 

...they should've made Hyrule Warriors 2 instead.  Their PR with this game has been...well...I'll quote Berkut for this one: Nothing but lies, lies, lies, lies, LIES!

If they're going to stick with something, they should stick with it. They did that with the vanilla content of HW just fine. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

There were plenty in the likes of Gamefaqs and youtube comments that voiced their complaints long after the core fandom had seemingly made peace-- this is a reversal, if anything. The negativity felt ominipresent-- not including Lyn and Celica would've lost them a lot of good will. It's not entirely gone, of course, but people have warmed up to things due to their inclusion. They're going to do far more good than harm to the game's sales and reception (how much that is overall, though...).

Are there really people willing to buy the game just because Lyn got in and does practically nothing other than be there?

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

There were plenty in the likes of Gamefaqs and youtube comments that voiced their complaints long after the core fandom had seemingly made peace-- this is a reversal, if anything. The negativity felt ominipresent-- not including Lyn and Celica would've lost them a lot of good will. It's not entirely gone, of course, but people have warmed up to things due to their inclusion. They're going to do far more good than harm to the game's sales (how much that is overall, though).

There were also plenty outside of the core fandom who also didn't care either way. There's certainly people who did go that far, but if anything, they were a very vocal minority. Either way, the affect of their inclusion or noninclusion towards the game's sales is uncertain, but they'd be about equal either way.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Are there really people willing to buy the game just because Lyn got in and does practically nothing other than be there?

I can 100% guarantee that there are people who feel that way. I've felt that way about crossover fighting games before; the only reason I ever bought Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was because I recognized Zero. Most likely, these are people that think the game looks okay, but without anybody that they actually care about, there's no reason to buy it. With Lyn in, that provides a character for them to cling to going into the game, and then they can maybe branch out to the other characters as well.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

yes

not sure what you mean by "practically nothing other than be there" but some people just really like certain characters

i wasn't planning on getting the game at first, since there was a total of 1 character I liked out of the revealed cast, but lyn alone honestly made me want to play it, since I like lyn and I think she'd be really fun to play as in this kind of game. she's not a character who's appeared in an especially huge amount of games, so I think it's cool to see her as a playable character in another one and even if she was the last character they revealed, it probably would've been enough to make me want to play it

now that we know celica and caeda are in that adds a few more characters i like but I definitely would've bought it at some point even if those two weren't in

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I agree.
But there have also been people on SF (I believe in this very thread even) who have said that one or both shouldn't have been included. It's just been complaining and complaining about complaining. The PR was already in an awkward situation, and Lyn destroyed it's credibility. Could it partially be KT's fault and also partially IS' fault for forcing in unplanned characters? Maybe. I just think the horse has been beaten well enough at this point; yeah, it sucks Celica is a Marth clone. But as I've observed, Celica and Lyn have given broader perception of the game a more positive spin. That was my original point; as much as we go on about the PR, their inclusion has almost certainly helped the game in the eyes of the overall playerbase.

Its inadvertently helped me. I take their status as clones as more of a confirmation of a higher roster than we originally thought. I think by them having clone status, it shows they were added much later. Reason being is that, theoretically speaking, if Lyn and Celica were added in base game they should have a fully unique moveset considering they are both incredibly popular, and lords to either their own path or game. But instead, they ended up being clones, or at least one speculated to be a clone and one obviously a clone.

I think it shows that they probably didnt interfere with the addition of other characters, and that maybe their clone status means we have a few more clone characters. I know some wouldnt be too happy to hear that, but if it means we got a lot more characters than we originally thought, especially those that wouldnt of stood a chance without it.

Just now, unique said:

yes

not sure what you mean by "practically nothing other than be there" but some people just really like certain characters

i wasn't planning on getting the game at first, since there was a total of 1 character I liked out of the revealed cast, but lyn alone honestly made me want to play it, since I like lyn and I think she'd be really fun to play as in this kind of game. she's not a character who's appeared in an especially huge amount of games, so I think it's cool to see her as a playable character in another one and even if she was the last character they revealed, it probably would've been enough to make me want to play it

now that we know celica and caeda are in that adds a few more characters i like but I definitely would've bought it at some point even if those two weren't in

I meant that she contributes nothing to the plot as far as we can tell and is in likelihood, a clone.

It still seems odd to me to make such a large purchase for one character.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I meant that she contributes nothing to the plot as far as we can tell and is in likelihood, a clone.

It still seems odd to me to make such a large purchase for one character.

Or perhaps they were a little interested in the game but they werent 100% on it but if their fav character is in it then it gives them a reason to try the game.

Its like me with kingdom hearts 3. I am kinda interested in the game but i'll probably buy it if sephiroth comes back again cuz im not that big of a kingdom hearts fan

Edited by LoboKD001
Missing word