FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

I hoped they would give Frederick some screen time since he's still pretty much the character we've seen the least amount of gameplay for and of course, he's my favorite on the known roster so far. But nothing of him except a few screenshots that we've already seen. :(

Oh well, the game will be out in Japan soon and not long after that, videos will pop up everywhere. SOMEBODY's gotta use Frederick at that point. :P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

History Mode seem very light on content, I'm hoping that was just a thing for the stream. Maybe more can be unlocked throughout the game?

From what I gathered (haven't double checked), each enemy on the map is actually an individual battle entirely, so it might not be as barren as it looks.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

im pretty sure some youtube channel will have it recorded and upload it soon. the celica one was uploaded really quickly.

also im a little concerned about history mode. are there only 5 maps or am i missing something?

I actually managed to rewind the stream so I'm currently watching it (I just wont get that extra hour of sleep I wanted x_x).

Also, I just saw the 3DS footage and I have to say, I personally think its looks better than the Switch (I probs just have shitty taste) so I'm proball gonna save for a New 3DS instead of shilling out for a Switch.

58 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I know I'm probably 99.99999% mistaken, but did anyone else see a Walhart like sprite in the second map preview (before they began playing)?

I thought it was a Great Knight at first but.... 

It was a Great Knight. Walhart's sprite and the Great Knight sprite are pretty different.

6 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

im pretty sure some youtube channel will have it recorded and upload it soon.

Koei always posts VoDs of their streams on YT afterwards.

Anyway, I was just glad to see some more Leo gameplay. It was nice seeing some Brynhildr in his moveset, from what it looked like.

Edited by AzureSen

History Mode looks interesting, but from what I am speculating, it is essentially FE:W's take on Hyrule Warriors' Adventure Maps.

So far, there seems to be...
Awakening (The fight against Validar)
Shadow Dragon (no idea since I only played SD once and promptly forgotten nearly everything)
Fates (The map during the route split, but I guess the player fights both sides.)
Blazing Blade Sword (Seems to by Lyn's chapter in Eliwood/Hector's route)
??? (I am assuming this is Celica's, but didn't catch a glimpse of the 5th History Mode map on the stream)

Otherwise, it was a decent stream. We heard some remixes (Alight, Twilight of the Gods), speculated on some maps (Hoshido Castle, Arena Ferox), and saw some gameplay from Lyn and Leo (Validar was an enemy character). No big reveals and since I do not understand Japanese, I missed the explanations.

Anyways, I think there are two more streams to go, so let's see what is in store then.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

History Mode seem very light on content, I'm hoping that was just a thing for the stream. Maybe more can be unlocked throughout the game?

I was under the impression each option is just a campaign for the respective world or something.

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

From what I gathered (haven't double checked), each enemy on the map is actually an individual battle entirely, so it might not be as barren as it looks.

you mean... each enemy on the map is like 1 adventure mode battle? or just a 1v1 battle

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, we know that, it just seems somewhat light in content regardless. Five maps, and each one only seems to have 10 or so battles.

Hyrule Warrior's original Adventure Mode map had 128 different missions.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

I was under the impression each option is just a campaign for the respective world or something.

That is what I am thinking, since each are kind of the start for their respective games. 

Just now, KongDude said:

It was a Great Knight. Walhart's sprite and the Great Knight sprite are pretty different.

Spoiler

Yeah, I figured. My half asleep brain was all "walhart? Great knight? Huh?" Yeah. Now I look at it harder, I don't see horns.

My bad. I'll delete what I said above to prevent others from getting false hope.

Hmm, History Mode seems to be pretty short. If that is it, it pales in comparison to HW's Adventure Mode maps. Twilight of the Gids remix was cool.

Anyway, tomorrow seems to be the big day and I'll have to miss out on the stream due to work. 

The Wrys spam was fun. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'll admit that my knowledge of Hyrule Warriors is quite lacking, but I know there's apparently a Zelda-themed equivalent in there. I don't know how similar in length they would be with what we've seen of History Mode, though.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I actually managed to rewind the stream so I'm currently watching it (I just wont get that extra hour of sleep I wanted x_x).

Also, I just saw the 3DS footage and I have to say, I personally think its looks better than the Switch (I probs just have shitty taste) so I'm proball gonna save for a New 3DS instead of shilling out for a Switch.

I felt the same way, which makes me happy to already own a New 3DS but not a Switch. I'm glad someone else feels the same, I was a little worried I was just trying to make myself feel better about getting the 3DS version.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

That was my first hope as well. It would fit with the five games that are currently represented, as skewed as that representation may be. I wonder if the maps in History Mode will have the same imbalance.

3 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

you mean... each enemy on the map is like 1 adventure mode battle? or just a 1v1 battle

One adventure mode battle, I think.

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Yeah, we know that, it just seems somewhat light in content regardless. Five maps, and each one only seems to have 10 or so battles.

Hyrule Warrior's original Adventure Mode map had 128 different missions.

True, true. Perhaps we'll get more... Hopefully as free DLC.

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That is what I am thinking, since each are kind of the start for their respective games. 

Even Shadow Dragon's? I've never played it but I thought that was a lategame map.

Fates can at least be given a pass since the five chapters preceding it are pretty much just setup low on actual combat, but if Marth's campaign "starts" in lategame that kinda blows the theory apart.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Even Shadow Dragon's? I've never played it but I thought that was a lategame map.

Fates can at least be given a pass since the five chapters preceding it are pretty much just setup low on actual combat, but if Marth's campaign "starts" in lategame that kinda blows the theory apart.

Yeah I just remembered that. I never played SD, but I know what the first map is. That definitely wasn't it.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I felt the same way, which makes me happy to already own a New 3DS but not a Switch. I'm glad someone else feels the same, I was a little worried I was just trying to make myself feel better about getting the 3DS version.

Thank God I'm not alone. I just want to see the bottom screen now because that is just as important as the top screen and if it isn't laid out well, well, that's not gonna be fun.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Thank God I'm not alone. I just want to see the bottom screen now because that is just as important as the top screen and if it isn't laid out well, well, that's not gonna be fun.

I wish they would show more screenshots and information about the 3DS version in general, really. I think this was the first time they've even shown footage of it, and like you said, we still don't know how the bottom screen will work. They may just put the map and objectives there, which shouldn't end up too cluttered, I hope. And I just realized it'll totally have 3D effects. That could be... interesting. Hopefully in a good way.

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I think they're using the most memorable maps from each game. Of course most memorable is subjective, but the 4 maps shown in history mode are all pretty critical ones.

The Awakening one could be the premonition map/chapter 23 where they face off against Validar, Fates has the route split map, SD has its chapter 23 where you beat Gharnef, get Falchion, and rescue Elice, and BB has the map where the three lords join up.

That was my take on it anyway.

11 minutes ago, Reese Balaski said:

I think they're using the most memorable maps from each game. Of course most memorable is subjective, but the 4 maps shown in history mode are all pretty critical ones.

The Awakening one could be the premonition map/chapter 23 where they face off against Validar, Fates has the route split map, SD has its chapter 23 where you beat Gharnef, get Falchion, and rescue Elice, and BB has the map where the three lords join up.

That was my take on it anyway.

still the amount of playable maps is way less than hyrule warriors, which itself is not a bad thing but its just kinda makes it seem that theres less content

I just finished the stream anyways, that little snippit of Lyn x Celica support is nice just currently dreading all the crazy shippers and Lyn looks fun to play. If Navarre happens to be a clone of her, I wouldn't mind. I just hope that tomorrow we get Caeda and Tiki and maybe Navarre. I don't know if we will get Navarre since they seem to just be showing off all the characters from the boxart so Navarre and any other character that may be in the game but not on the box could possibly just be revealed last minute.

Here's my translation for Lyn and Celica's Support Convo. I guess the demo started in the middle of the convo.

Celica: But you were raised without knowing that you're a princess, right? I.. had known about my identity from the beginning.

Lyn: But, you never returned to your palace?

Celica: If I went back, I would have been killed. I was saved by a certain someone and taken away from the palace. Then, a coup d'etat happened... All the royals other than me were killed off. ...I never wanted to be born as a princess. A surviving princess would just become a source of conflict.

Lyn: Celica... My precious family was murdered as well, so I think I understand how you feel. But when I learnt about my heritage, I found my reason for living, and I was able to meet my grandfather. I had friends who supported me, too. I think of that as quite the blessing. You too, should have someone important to you.

Celica: Someone important to me... Yes, I do.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy