FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

I dunno. He could still be nonplayable for all that means. Though having him be playable isn't an impossibility with what we know either.

That said, if he is nonplayable, it could possibly mean that some of the characters we've had confirmed playable could have been conceived as nonplayable first, then made playable latter on.

I was thinking it meant he was an NPC.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I found an upload of the Lyn-Celica conversation, for those interested:

Translation by @SatsumaFSoysoy here.

Look, I apologize for adding some unnecessary negativity here but why does Lyn sound like a 30-something trying to sound like an overly cute version of a 15-year-old? I may not be Lyn's number one fan but she's determined and proud, not a kid. She's no Corrin, but the voice just clashes with her character.

Also, I'm pretty sure Lyn's breasts keep getting bigger with each new game she gets into.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Look, I apologize for adding some unnecessary negativity here but why does Lyn sound like a 30-something trying to sound like an overly cute version of a 15-year-old? I may not be Lyn's number one fan but she's determined and proud, not a kid. She's no Corrin, but the voice just clashes with her character.

Also, I'm pretty sure Lyn's breasts keep getting bigger with each new game she gets into.

It's probably because her VA is 44 (Who also voice Kirby).

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

Look, I apologize for adding some unnecessary negativity here but why does Lyn sound like a 30-something trying to sound like an overly cute version of a 15-year-old? I may not be Lyn's number one fan but she's determined and proud, not a kid.

Well, In Japan she's a both determined and proud, as well as a kid. She's 15 over there. She's older in the west so I think her English voice might be more mature sounding. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

Well, In Japan she's a both determined and proud, as well as a kid. She's 15 over there. She's older in the west so I think her English voice might be more mature sounding. 

I'm well aware. It's just it sounds so fake that I can't stop thinking about the fact that I'm listening to an actress. This is not a Warriors-exclusive thing, just something that often bothers me with games and anime in Japanese. 

Just now, Thane said:

I'm well aware. It's just it sounds so fake that I can't stop thinking about the fact that I'm listening to an actress. This is not a Warriors-exclusive thing, just something that often bothers me with games and anime in Japanese. 

I'm the same. I think Wendee Lee does a good job as her though. She sounds mature yet we can tell she is young since she is only 18.

7 minutes ago, milesedgeworth13 said:

Did anyone upload the 3ds footage? Also it looks like Celica has some sort of mechanic like Zelda's rapier in Hyrule Warriors. One of her specials seems to have charged three orbs by her health bar. 

It's on the official Japanese website.

9 minutes ago, milesedgeworth13 said:

Did anyone upload the 3ds footage? Also it looks like Celica has some sort of mechanic like Zelda's rapier in Hyrule Warriors. One of her specials seems to have charged three orbs by her health bar. 

It's the same as Marth's orb mechanic, I believe. Which was in itself similiar to Zelda's rapier mechanic in Hyrule Warriors so you're probably referring to C1.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

It's a Japanese VA thing (not just FE, as already stated), but I hate this too. It's one thing to have moe voices for young characters or those designed to be as cutesy as possible, but really jarring (at least as a westerner) when women who are supposed to be more mature/ older get moe voices just because.

It's one of the reasons I prefer the dubs of some anime to the originals - Spice and Wolf, for example.

---

Back on topic, it seems Lyn and Celica bond over being estranged princesses. I didn't expect that, but it's pretty neat.

Is it true we're getting another character reveal tomorrow? The game's out in a week so I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal the other leaked characters in the interim. They must know we know who they are by now, right?

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Back on topic, it seems Lyn and Celica bond over being estranged princesses. I didn't expect that, but it's pretty neat.

Is it true we're getting another character reveal tomorrow? The game's out in a week so I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal the other leaked characters in the interim. They must know we know who they are by now, right?

Yep, we are getting a new reveal tomorrow, it was mentioned at the end of the previous stream. I'm expecting it to be Anna, Caeda and Tiki to round of the 25 on the leaked boxart we now know to pretty much be real. I personally don't think we'll get Navarre or any other characters until after TGS IMO but with how they surprised us with Lyn and Celica, I'm not gonna say anything wholeheartedly.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

It's a cultural difference, tbh. "Realisitic" voices are considered to be poor voice acting by Japanese audiences, while Western voice acting values the opposite, which is part of the dissonance with dubs.

Personally, I like her voice. It's actually fairly unique.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's a cultural difference, tbh. "Realisitic" voices are considered to be poor voice acting by Japanese audiences, while Western voice acting values the opposite, which is part of the dissonance with dubs.

Sure, I can see that. I just don't understand the whole child aspect. Imagine fighting someone in a battle between life and death and this was their voice. I mean I'd start worrying about the other side committing war crimes by using child soldiers.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Sure, I can see that. I just don't understand the whole child aspect. Imagine fighting someone in a battle between life and death and this was their voice. I mean I'd start worrying about the other side committing war crimes by using child soldiers.

Hey, the moment you hesitate (or get baited by the cute voice) is the moment you get cut and die. It works.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hey, the moment you hesitate (or get baited by the cute voice) is the moment you get cut and die. It works.

Isn't that the point of bikini armor and jiggle physics? See, they could've just not given Lyn pants and slapped on a more believable voice instead!