FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Maybe they'll just keep Kellam a secret. And then we'll never find him anyways.

That would be one of the funniest marketing schemes for this game. I would praise it for that. While shadow dragon needs more reps, Awakening isn't doing too hot with its lack of Shepherds.

Kellam repping them as the ultimate joke... would pretty cool, especially after all the controversy.

I mean thats his character trait. Like it or not... might as well embrace it at this point.

Edited by Saint_Stahn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised, Caeda has thigh guards. I guess whoever was in charge of how the characters look isn't a leg/thigh person (But by the looks of it a boob person :P).

10 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

It's tomorrow, Sunday morning, at 3am.

I'd have to find the direct quote, but all that interview confirmed was that armor knights use lances.

I found it. Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-chrom-was-made-first-lissa-lucina-frederick-robin-talk-much-more/

"And since we also have the non-mounted and armored Knight that will use a spear, Great Knights shall end up appearing with an axe." I've seen the quote before, but I guess I was falling into the thoughts of other people who said the same thing using this quote. Sorry for slight misinformation.

Edited by Konnor97

2 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

I found it. Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-chrom-was-made-first-lissa-lucina-frederick-robin-talk-much-more/

"And since we also have the non-mounted and armored Knight that will use a spear, Great Knights shall end up appearing with an axe." I've seen the quote before, but I guess I was falling into the thoughts of other people who said the same thing using this quote. Sorry for slight misinformation.

I'm... a little confused about how it was worded. Non-mounted AND armored... Is this mostly referring to in general? like enemy units? or some possible soft confirmation for Kellam AND Donnel. Wouldn't surprise me if it went like that.

Just now, Saint_Stahn said:

I'm... a little confused about how it was worded. Non-mounted AND armored... Is this mostly referring to in general? like enemy units? or some possible soft confirmation for Kellam AND Donnel. Wouldn't surprise me if it went like that.

I think it refers to Soldiers and Armor Knights, yes. And I think it may be talking in general, as in there are Soldiers and Knights that use lances, and so the Great Knight class uses axes. Odd how it doesn't talk about Cavaliers/Paladins though.

4 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

I think it refers to Soldiers and Armor Knights, yes. And I think it may be talking in general, as in there are Soldiers and Knights that use lances, and so the Great Knight class uses axes. Odd how it doesn't talk about Cavaliers/Paladins though.

That's a shame. There goes Kellam's chances. Donnel i expect to see him on dlc with most of the missing populars from awakening.
Tharja, Nowi, Henry... and himself.

Lack of knives deconfirms Gaius hard and... would really want Lonqu with all the swords? to add he's another myrmidon class.

Anyone surprised as of yet we got absolutlely no mercs? and fighters? in fact... are there even enemy mercs and fighters?

Edited by Saint_Stahn

Just now, Saint_Stahn said:

That's a shame. There goes Kellam's chances. Donnel i expect to see him on dlc with most of the missing populars from awakening.
Tharja, Nowi, Henry... and missable.

Lack of knives deconfirms Gaius hard and... would really want Lonqu with all the swords? to add he's another myrmidon class.

Anyone surprised as of yet we got absolutlely no mercs? and fighters? in fact... are there even enemy mercs and fighters?

I mean, it is fully possible that we have a playable Knight. Though it probably be Draug if anybody.

No Hidden Weapons doesn't necessarily deconfirm Thieves like Gaius. FE11/13 Thieves use swords.

I think there have been generic Merc/Fighter mooks. Probably. It would be weird for the infantry axe class to be Cleric. No confirmed playable Merc/Fighter is a bit weird though.

Just now, Lau said:

I am convinced that there's more to the roster. It doesn't make sense.

Well, there'll probably be DLC, so then it'll make CENTS!

...sorry, I'm a Chuggaaconroy watcher. I'll see myself out.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

...I'll forgive because, well, Chuggaaconroy.

But I meant base game roster. I can't see them not including the likes of Azura or Tharja...

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

This is the same practice that happened with Hyrule Warriors. It's not a probability but a VERY SURE thing that DLC is gonna come with this game.

From a business standpoint most of the Awakening and Fates fans are satisfied. With DLC, there has to be content to appeal to the older fans, since i seriously doubt Lyn was enough and Celica is moreso advertisement for her game. Both of them feel like bait for blazing sword content and MAYBE echoes.

Then there's also the trump cards themselves, Ike and Roy.

Hyrule warriors had 5 games being represented on the DLC packages. That's more than the base roster! Which was 3.

Just like Fire Emblem Warriors. History might just repeat itself.

Edited by Saint_Stahn

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Ah I forgot what time the next show starts tomorrow... Anyone know what it is for Eastern time?

3am EST, Sunday morning. Hope you have a good supply of coffee and/or energy drinks.

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

But I meant base game roster. I can't see them not including the likes of Azura or Tharja...

I know, I just wanted to be silly and stupid. :P

That being said, from what I heard of Koei's track record with fanservice, it's intriguing that Cordelia's in yet not Tharja, and Cordelia's the only non-plot-important Awakening character in the game. As for Azura, you got me. Maybe it's an issue with her Japanese VA (forget her name) that is secret for now on account of her being a singer? Dunno how FE Japan handles replacement VAs recently compared to English.

Edited by NoirCore

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

As a ProtonJon watcher, I'm obligated to groan loudly in protest. Now we just need an NCS watcher to complete the cycle.

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

I don't think anyone saw Celica coming (before the leak, I mean), so I'd say that the "obvious picks" might not be so obvious anymore. I've personally decided to expect nothing else beyond what's been revealed before launch, to avoid any possible disappointment.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

As a ProtonJon watcher, I'm obligated to groan loudly in protest. Now we just need an NCS watcher to complete the cycle.

I don't think anyone saw Celica coming (before the leak, I mean), so I'd say that the "obvious picks" might not be so obvious anymore. I've personally decided to expect nothing else beyond what's been revealed before launch, to avoid any possible disappointment.

I totally saw Celica coming jk

I personally think that we'll know the final roster by the beginning of next week, because I guarantee you, someone will get an early copy.

But yeah, I always set myself up for disappointment because I like to be optimistic, and I've kinda grown immune to it due to Smash...Bandana Dee why?!

1 minute ago, Lau said:

I totally saw Celica coming jk

I personally think that we'll know the final roster by the beginning of next week, because I guarantee you, someone will get an early copy.

But yeah, I always set myself up for disappointment because I like to be optimistic, and I've kinda grown immune to it due to Smash...Bandana Dee why?!

Don't remind me about Bandana Dee, I'm still upset about that. Sakurai failed us all.

Even if the roster doesn't get leaked thanks to an early copy, we should know by the end of the month regardless, since it comes out the 28th in Japan. I'm not sure how long it'll take to unlock everything, but I am sure that there are people that will be determined enough to blast through the game and get everything as fast as possible. Plus, depending on how in-depth the last TGS stream goes into the post-release content, we may learn of some of the DLC characters, which would help deconfirm some characters from the base roster.

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

They actually deconfirmed both him and Eliwood in the presentation, according to @SatsumaFSoysoy

If they didn't deconfirm them through talk, they were surely deconfirmed by the fact that the Blazing Sword part had Marth, Chrom, and Robin take on the role as the protagonists of that part.