FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

14 hours ago, ????? said:

I haven't even remotely talked about the roster. I just said im looking forward to the dlc. Because its in my personal preference that I do NOT care for the roster.

And those trailers were embarrassing. How you gonna hype a character reveal as a clone?

And once again. Shiida and Tiki? all right all right, I didn;'t know they were THAT popular enough to warrant white knighting their announcement.

Whats that to you? you taking this personal with your sarcastic tone on me? I didn't know you worked at Koei and Nintedo. EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME Princess.

I'm never badmouthing a company ever again. God forbid I know anyhting, I'm just a lowly peasant. *shrugs*

You see, there's a tactful way of expressing disappointment, and you chose not to do it.  Hence, you're no longer allowed to do so until you figure it out.

In other words, the next time I have to tell you to tone it down, it will be in the form of a warn.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Azz said:

I hope so. I mean they can't really keep her a secret since we have already seen her.

TBH, I think this whole 'dark mage moveset' doesn't exist. From everything we have seen of Validar, he seems just like Robin with a different skin and a different musou/awakening if he is playable.

@Tolvir

59c6941b52208_tumblr_inline_owjpfg2Wlq1rznr7i_5401.png.55c535fdc3ea70f47b8b210d0b331995.png

GMT=7:00 a.m. (8 a.m. for those in UK or Ireland like me)

Australia is 5:00 p.m.

They are gonna be doing previews for all playable characters with Xander and Lianna's VA's guest starring.

Relevant link to stream on YT.

Woo.... midnight...

oh well I’m up for it!

Hyrule Warriors did hide Link's Great Fairy moveset from pre-release marketing, so I don't think more playable characters are impossible. However, if they haven't been marketed, I don't think they'd be people who could be big selling points (like Tharja).

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just how would that work? Marth is king of the continent by the end of FE3, and Alm is too good to war with Marth. Does Marth suddenly have to defeat Loptyr reborn in Jugdral? It'd be a rectal grab.

It could happen due to a external threat from another continent, yes. It doesn't need to be an existing one, although they could make it Jugdral during a different time period too. Maybe combined with an internal conspiracy. It shouldn't be hard to justify some stupid nobles envying the entire continent suddenly being united under a previously rather small kingdom, then conspiring with a foreign power to attempt a coup.

Might just be my bias speaking but a new game for Marth would be nice. Besides there could be cool routes they could take with it. A united country changes everything for everyone, there's always gonna be that one group who don't like the changes. Civil war >;). Or you know foreign invasion.

1 hour ago, NeonZ said:

Hyrule Warriors did hide Link's Great Fairy moveset from pre-release marketing, so I don't think more playable characters are impossible. However, if they haven't been marketed, I don't think they'd be people who could be big selling points (like Tharja).

i feel like there's probably at least two more characters

obviously navarre is in the game, but the main reason I think he's not alone is because it'd be really weird if they revealed every single character except for navarre prior to release, or showed him off after all the others, since he's not a character who's particularly significant over most of the others we've seen. 

but since he's not on the box art, any other characters who haven't shown up yet will most likely be on about the same level of significance as him

if there's anyone other than navarre who's still coming, I'd probably say draug, since they've mentioned that at least one armored character will be in and unless you count frederick we haven't seen one yet

Edited by unique

10 minutes ago, unique said:

i feel like there's probably at least two more characters

obviously navarre is in the game, but the main reason I think he's not alone is because it'd be really weird if they revealed every single character except for navarre prior to release, or showed him off after all the others, since he's not a character who's particularly significant over most of the others we've seen. 

but since he's not on the box art, any other characters who haven't shown up yet will most likely be on about the same level of significance as him

if there's anyone other than navarre who's still coming, I'd probably say draug, since they've mentioned that at least one armored character will be in and unless you count frederick we haven't seen one yet

Don't expect Navarre to be playable.

Azura was deconfirmed today and it was 100% implied no one else is getting in from Fates. That means the other secret characters would come from Awakening, which would mean Tharja. But why keep two characters secret? Just shove the gender swaps off the box and put them there. But that's unlikely.

My personal interpretation is that Azura was planned, prepared but they realised they were running out of time and said "oh geez cut her she's the only one who doesn't have a counterpart." I imagine something similar happened with Navarre since he has a model. So my prediction is that the three of them will be (hopefully free) DLC shortly after release.

6 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

My personal interpretation is that Azura was planned, prepared but they realised they were running out of time and said "oh geez cut her she's the only one who doesn't have a counterpart." I imagine something similar happened with Navarre since he has a model. So my prediction is that the three of them will be (hopefully free) DLC shortly after release.

If Azura was cut for time I think they would've said so. After all, it would be a more reasonable explanation than "we don't want too many Fates characters, let's cut the second most important and arguably most unique one".

TBH, I think Navarre and Tharja would be the best 'secret' characters since both are recruitable enemies in their games and also I doubt they want to reveal every character pre-release. As for the armour, I think they'll go Kellam over Draug (Unfortunately) solely for his gimmick.

11 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

Azura was deconfirmed today and it was 100% implied no one else is getting in from Fates. That means the other secret characters would come from Awakening, which would mean Tharja. But why keep two characters secret? Just shove the gender swaps off the box and put them there. But that's unlikely.

From how the interview sounded it was an early and conscious choice to leave out Azura. As baffling as that is. 

I said this before right after the stream, but I'm expecting no more characters than what's already been revealed. It helps that I'm still fairly happy with the roster we have right now, but if I expect any more characters to be "obvious picks", then I know I'll just end up disappointed. What we have is what we have, and if we get more characters, then great! If not, then oh well. No point in getting hyped for something that could easily not happen.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

From how the interview sounded it was an early and conscious choice to leave out Azura. As baffling as that is. 

I'm surprised she didn't get the same treatment as Lucina, if this is true. I was under the impression that both Lucina and Azura were pretty equal in popularity and importance in their respective games, and those seemed like the two big reasons why Lucina did make it in. Maybe I misjudged their popularity, then.

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm surprised she didn't get the same treatment as Lucina, if this is true. I was under the impression that both Lucina and Azura were pretty equal in popularity and importance in their respective games, and those seemed like the two big reasons why Lucina did make it in. Maybe I misjudged their popularity, then.

Azura is popular yes, but IS doesn't push her nearly as much as Lucina, she still gets a huge push these days. Lucina is in like literally everything Fire Emblem related nowadays and whatever crossovers happen, she's present. 

Another way of seeing this is in FEH, there are 4 different versions of Lucina. While there is only one Azura.

Edited by Jedi

22 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

As Jedi mentioned, that seems like a very early decision. Cutting finished characters and then releasing them as free DLC would be downright idiotic, and paid DLC would be plain scummy.
He already has a complete model positioned with other playable characters and not be playable; on top of that, Lyn is dual wielding (something she has never been associated with outside of the Awakening DLC art-- but something Navarre has been consistently associated with outside the games). I see no line of reasonable logic suggesting that he is not playable.

20 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Azura is popular yes, but IS doesn't push her nearly as much as Lucina, she still gets a huge push these days. Lucina is in like literally everything Fire Emblem related nowadays and whatever crossovers happen, she's present. 

Another way of seeing this is in FEH, there are 4 different versions of Lucina. While there is only one Azura.

Except TMS, that explains why it didn't do well.

Based on merchandising and the popularity poll, I think Azura is less pushed nowadays not because she isn't popular, but because IS determined that female Corrin is a more lucrative poster girl than Azura is, so they exploit the fudge out of her and her thigh windows instead. Huh, is being shafted something else that male Corrin and Azura have in common?

Edited by Lightchao42

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Based on merchandising and the popularity poll, I think Azura is less pushed nowadays not because she isn't popular, but because IS determined that female Corrin is a more lucrative poster girl than Azura is, so they exploit the fudge out of her and her thigh windows instead. Huh, is being shafted something else that male Corrin and Azura have in common?

Oh that's right she wasn't in TMS, still enjoyed the game but yeah maybe it could have used her star power in the sales department.

It seems likely yes in terms of Female Corrin, (I like Male Corrin much more myself but that's because he's a big dork).

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Male Corrin, believe it or not, actually seems to be the main protagonist for the History Mode version of Fates Chapter 6.

37 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Azura is popular yes, but IS doesn't push her nearly as much as Lucina still gets a huge push these days. Lucina is in like literally everything Fire Emblem related nowadays and whatever crossovers happen, she's present. 

Another way of seeing this is in FEH, there are 4 different versions of Lucina.

That's true, IS at least seems to prefer adding Lucina to stuff over Azura, and it seems to be working out well for them so far. I'm still surprised Azura hasn't had a single alternate version in Heroes, but I guess that's just more proof of that. I do wonder if she'll still make it as an NPC though, I'm not sure if that possibility has been deconfirmed as well.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Azura was initially pushed like Lucina, but she wasn't nearly as popular, especially not in Japan where she didn't even make it to top 4 for female Fates characters. She did better in the worldwide Heroes poll though, but still bellow Corrin and Camilla (also Tharja, Lucina and Cordelia from Awakening). At this point, female Corrin has pretty much taken over the "main heroine" spot from Fates as far as marketing goes too.

24 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Oh that's right she wasn't in TMS, still enjoyed the game but yeah maybe it could have used her star power in the sales department

I don't think it'd have worked anyway. The whole concept of #TMS's Mirages would have meant Lucina would be pretty much unrecognizable design-wise. They also made them amnesiac, so references to previous events were very rare too.

Edited by NeonZ

23 minutes ago, Jedi said:

(I like Male Corrin much more myself but that's because he's a big dork).

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well. I like male Corrin too because we haven't really had a "dorky" lord before and he isn't conventionally "tough" like men are expected to be.

17 minutes ago, Folt said:

Male Corrin, believe it or not, actually seems to be the main protagonist for the History Mode version of Fates Chapter 6.

I haven't seen that, but it's nice to know (maybe they wanted him to do something since his female version is the one present in the story).

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well. I like male Corrin too because we haven't really had a "dorky" lord before and he isn't conventionally "tough" like men are expected to be.

I haven't seen that, but it's nice to know (maybe they wanted him to do something since his female version is the one present in the story).

It's not that I saw him talking or anything, but the sprite used for the "Lord" unit for that History Map is Male Corrin's, much like how Chrom's is used for the Prelude/Chapter 23  map and Marth's is used for the Shadow Dragon one.

(Incidentally, I love my dorky dragon male Corrin so that was nice to see.)

In other news related to TGS, I'm impressed they found something for Celica and Lyn to talk about, especially since they're the only non-focus characters included. I hope the rest of the supports are good.

...Though I hope they won't go for the obvious "OH HI MARK WHAT A STORY MARK IT SEEMS LIKE YOU'RE THE EXPERT MARK" for Lyn and Robin, though given how much they love the "oh look they're both avatars isn't that funny hue hue hue" thing they probably will. Maybe someone will make a video dubbing their support with dialogue from The Room...

Edited by Lightchao42

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

In other news related to TGS, I'm impressed they found something for Celica and Lyn to talk about, especially since they're the only non-focus characters included. I hope the rest of the supports are good.

...Though I hope they won't go for the obvious "OH HI MARK WHAT A STORY MARK IT SEEMS LIKE YOU'RE THE EXPERT MARK" for Lyn and Robin, though given how much they love the "oh look they're both avatars isn't that funny hue hue hue" thing they probably will. Maybe someone will make a video dubbing their support with dialogue from The Room...

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something like that. In the conversation between Marth and Chrom, Marth compares Chrom to Anri somehow :/ Fire emblem characters love to compare each other.

Edited by ChickenBits

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I really wish they would stop doing that. It's insulting to insinuate Robin is anything like Corrin (Mark is a blank slate so that doesn't really matter).