FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

I don't think they ever pushed Corrin = Robin very strongly. There was the Rhajat support that indicated that they're reincarnations, but that's it. I don't remember the Awakening trio and Amiibo Lucina ever comparing Corrin to Robin.

The Mark = Robin thing back in the Awakening DLC was pretty different though. It wasn't even just saying that they have a similar aura or remind them of someone else (like the Robin/Kris comparisons), it was outright stating that they're the same person.

Edited by NeonZ

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

I don't think they ever pushed Corrin = Robin very strongly. There was the Rhajat support that indicated that they're reincarnations, but that's it. I don't remember the Awakening trio and Amiibo Lucina ever comparing Corrin to Robin.

The Mark = Robin thing back in the Awakening DLC was pretty different though. It wasn't even just saying that they have a similar aura or remind them of someone else (like the Robin/Kris comparisons), it was outright stating that they're the same person.

What version were you reading? I never read it as saying Robin and Mark were the same (she is just persistent as I researched a bit). If anything, the prevailing theory was that Morgan (Marc in Japan) was Mark though much like their Japanese name, Mark doesn't really work for female Morgan, but it also doesn't really work for female Robin.

Besides, that was a phantom Lyn that really did not comprehend that she was not in her own world.

Edited by Arthur97

4 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

To be fair, it was Einherjar who said all that. Einherjar aren't the most fully perceptive of beings.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well. I like male Corrin too because we haven't really had a "dorky" lord before and he isn't conventionally "tough" like men are expected to be.

I haven't seen that, but it's nice to know (maybe they wanted him to do something since his female version is the one present in the story).

I'm, what are you talking about? Male and female Corrin have almost the exact same dialogue throughout fates? How could one be more "dorky" than the other?

15 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

I'm, what are you talking about? Male and female Corrin have almost the exact same dialogue throughout fates? How could one be more "dorky" than the other?

Well yeah, I never said she wasn't dorky. It's just that dorkiness as an endearing trait is somewhat less common for males than it is for females, especially males that are the main character. He's also more emotional and sensitive which is less common for male protagonists.

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Except Eirika who could almost be reasoned with.

Speaking of Einherjar Eirika, I don't think the writers of Awakening had much respect for her. She's more gullible than usual, and all the DLC characters get deep philosophical questions while Eirika gets "Does Eirika look like a fool?"

Edited by Lightchao42

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

I don't think the writers of Awakening had much respect for Eirika. She's more gullible than usual, and all the DLC characters get deep philosophical questions while Eirika gets "Does Eirika look like a fool?"

Agreed Eirika got played for laughs. Totally unlike this bit:

Spoiler

Lewyn
Might I have a moment?

Libra
Of course. How can I help?

Lewyn
Where did you really come from? ...Why are you helping us?

Libra
I'm afraid I don't understand. You summoned us, did you not?

Lewyn
That is what they say, but...

Libra
You have your doubts?

Lewyn
I cannot put my finger on it, but yes. Something feels amiss.

Libra
You are overthinking it, sir. You called for help, and we answered. There is no more or less to it than that.

Lewyn
No...I suppose not. Forgive me. It was a strange question.

Libra
Not so strange. Phantoms or not, minds this great cannot fool themselves forever... Part of them must understand what they truly are...

Lets just hope there aren't too many comparison conversations in FEW, they're cheap references and don't actually make for much real bonding.

So...here it is. The final day of TGS, and most likely, the last news we hear about Warriors until release. Predictions?

I feel like if they reveal anyone, it's going to be Xane Anna. They've stuck her in with the rest of the cast, but I can see them giving her her own trailer, especially if they do previews of every character. I'd love some clarification on Navarre, but that is probably...highly unlikely.

My predictions are minimal, as per my standard, but I am hopeful for more gameplay from Tiki at least, since I missed most of it from the last stream. It would be great if they could clear up the whole Navarre situation though.

Class changing would be great. I'm curious since it's essentially Promotions. But characters like Xander or Frederick are already promoted, so how does that work?

Edited by Tolvir

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Marth's design is basically from Shadow Dragon, right? Maybe they'll just give him his design from New Mystery for his "promotion". Not a huge change, but it would be kinda neat.

I really hope so. I much prefer his Mystery design to his SD design (Even though not a lot was changed).

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I really hope so. I much prefer his Mystery design to his SD design (Even though not a lot was changed).

Agreed, the small changes make the Shadow Dragon design look more empty in comparison. And it would really be the best and easiest way to give him a "promotion". Unless they go super faithful and make him unable to promote at all, which would be... cool attention to detail, I guess...? I'm okay with some things being unfaithful to the source material in this case.

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Who wants an FE Warriors trailer at three in the morning?!

Edit: @DefaultBeep you magnificent ninja you beat me to it.

You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to beat ol' Beep to the punch. Early than three in the morning, apparently. Even though it's not even three where I am...

Is the stream being a bit late or does it start in 25 mins? I thought it started 2:00 Central Time, and I really should be sleeping instead of staying up for this...

Edit: Apparently it decided to start now.

Edited by Sire