Does Anybody Here Play Magic Online?

Captain Karnage

10 hours ago, Zera said:

Ew, why would you play Magic the Gathering, that gross, icky gamble-pack game? Why not play Codex instead?

u wot m8

To each their own, I guess. How does Codex compare? I've been playing MTG since late 2012, and I still think it's fun.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1529052/its-magic-without-things-suck-about-magic-and-then

This is one of many, many positive reviews for Codex. It was designed specifically to address the many issues of CCGs. Literally the only reason Magic isn't dead yet is that not enough know about / have played Codex. When I can afford the Deluxe set (Which includes all 700 cards that will ever exist), I will review it for you and likely give it a 10/10 or something. Just the fact that it is competitively balanced and fair, and uses an ethical business model, is worth huge praise in the current climate of CCGs.

Like, the original one from ages ago? I somehow didn't even know it was still being updated. My dad was a big MtG fan and played it quite a bit I remember but he always preferred playing it in person and had a much bigger collection. Magic either way is going to be a big money sink if you want to get into it, even if the online is more convenient then finding people to play with.

Personally, I usually played the old Microprose game with Shandalar even if it was only single-player.

Edited by Tryhard

On 9/21/2017 at 7:31 PM, Zera said:

Ew, why would you play Magic the Gathering, that gross, icky gamble-pack game? Why not play Codex instead?

Pull this shit one more time and it's a warn.