Sacred coins idea!

Prince Endriu

I dont know if anyone ever came up with this idea but anyway I think its a good one.

Here it is:

Wouldnt it be great if we could use the sacred coins to PROMOTE a unit from 3*to 4* or even 5* for the sake of Skill Inheritance?

I mean,  rather the skills - for example you take a 3* unit and want to inherit their skills, one of them is locked behind 4* level, so instead of wasting 2000 feathers you just pick that 4* level skill and pay like 10 coins and you can inherit it. If the skill or weapon is locked behind a 5* wall then you would need to pay a higher amount of coins.

I think this would be awesome! What do you think about this?

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What's the point of having a new currency do the exact same thing as an existing currency, but less?

The point to me is saving feathers and thus increase my odds as f2p.

If upper level skills could be inherited using this other mysterious currency, feathers could be spent elsewhere. Thats my sole idea.

Of course, it would better if coins could be used not just for upgrading skills but extracting skills (any skill from any unit). The benefit would be for example to take brave lance+ and galeforce from Cordelia and give them to two different units. Skills could be passed more efficiently. 

I guess thats all wishful thinking but it would be nice imo ?

I'll be honest, I have low hopes for Sacred Coins. They've been such a mystery up to this point, it feels like when we do get them, all we will be able to do is buy things like Stamina Potions, Lights Blessings, Shards and Crystals, and all that.

Think about it, the only way we can get those items otherwise is through events, monthly quests, and daily login rewards. The use of some of these items can be replicated with gems (lol), but wouldn't you rather be able to just buy another one when you need it?

I'm sure that's what they're thinking.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I'll be honest, I have low hopes for Sacred Coins. They've been such a mystery up to this point, it feels like when we do get them, all we will be able to do is buy things like Stamina Potions, Lights Blessings, Shards and Crystals, and all that.

Think about it, the only way we can get those items otherwise is through events, monthly quests, and daily login rewards. The use of some of these items can be replicated with gems (lol), but wouldn't you rather be able to just buy another one when you need it?

I'm sure that's what they're thinking.

You forgot badges! ☺ they are the only ones that cannot be bought! All others are obtainable via mynintendo.

No, seriously it cannot be true. That would be so very underwhelming.

10 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

You forgot badges! ☺ they are the only ones that cannot be bought! All others are obtainable via mynintendo.

No, seriously it cannot be true. That would be so very underwhelming.

Not everyone has a My Nintendo, hell I don't even claim the daily free 30 silver coins unless I happen to notice the site in my bookmarks.

I hate it to, but it seems very likely. Anything else, upgrading Sacred Seals, smithing weapons, alternative to feathers, reset boons and banes... they are unrealistic and provide too much of an advantage to the player. But simply letting us buy badges, shards and crystals, Stamina potions, Lights Blessings, using coins you can earn 10-15 of per week if you are decent with your units... I'm more inclined to believe that.

But what do I know. October is coming, and with it more updates to the game. May the high beings let them be good ones...

49 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Not everyone has a My Nintendo, hell I don't even claim the daily free 30 silver coins unless I happen to notice the site in my bookmarks.

I hate it to, but it seems very likely. Anything else, upgrading Sacred Seals, smithing weapons, alternative to feathers, reset boons and banes... they are unrealistic and provide too much of an advantage to the player. But simply letting us buy badges, shards and crystals, Stamina potions, Lights Blessings, using coins you can earn 10-15 of per week if you are decent with your units... I'm more inclined to believe that.

But what do I know. October is coming, and with it more updates to the game. May the high beings let them be good ones...

There is daily free silver coins? 

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

You're forgetting that Sacred Coins are currently the most limited resource in the game. They're only available as a ranking reward from one of the most difficult game modes, giving it a maximum acquisition rate of 30 per week (limited to about 200 players at this point for the maximum payoff). It makes no sense that it would be used to buy something that can already be substituted with another more easily replenished resource (i.e. orbs).

In comparison,

1. Orbs can be bought.
  2. Stamina restores can be substituted with orbs.
  3. Dueling sword restores can be substituted with orbs.
  4. Light's Blessings can be substituted with orbs.
  5. Shards and crystals can be substituted with stamina restores.
  6. Badges can be farmed on the corresponding days of the week.
  7. Feathers can be indirectly bought with orbs.

This is a resource that the developers want players to have an incentive to obtain and should give players an edge in the game, but not a game-breaking edge.

Adjusting natures is not out of the question, but I personally find increasing the merge level of units to be the most likely possibility.

If I were to design the feature myself, it would be a shop that you allow you to buy 5-star "phantom" copies of specific characters (generally limited-release and "weaker" characters, so story characters, Grand Hero Battle characters, and possibly even event-limited characters) that can only be used for merging (cannot be used as a base for merging or for Skill Inheritance) and are unlocked in the shop by obtaining a 5-star version of that character.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're forgetting that Sacred Coins are currently the most limited resource in the game. They're only available as a ranking reward from one of the most difficult game modes, giving it a maximum acquisition rate of 30 per week (limited to about 200 players at this point for the maximum payoff). It makes no sense that it would be used to buy something that can already be substituted with another more easily replenished resource (i.e. orbs).

In comparison,

1. Orbs can be bought.
  2. Stamina restores can be substituted with orbs.
  3. Dueling sword restores can be substituted with orbs.
  4. Light's Blessings can be substituted with orbs.
  5. Shards and crystals can be substituted with stamina restores.
  6. Badges can be farmed on the corresponding days of the week.
  7. Feathers can be indirectly bought with orbs.

This is a resource that the developers want players to have an incentive to obtain and should give players an edge in the game, but not a game-breaking edge.

Adjusting natures is not out of the question, but I personally find increasing the merge level of units to be the most likely possibility.

If I were to design the feature myself, it would be a shop that you allow you to buy 5-star "phantom" copies of specific characters (generally limited-release and "weaker" characters, so story characters, Grand Hero Battle characters, and possibly even event-limited characters) that can only be used for merging (cannot be used as a base for merging or for Skill Inheritance) and are unlocked in the shop by obtaining a 5-star version of that character.

Limited yes, but anyone who can make it in the top 300,000 of Arena Assault is guaranteed to get 10 Sacred Coins every week, and as of now I have emassed 86 coins getting 14-15 coins every Arena reset. Not a great amount yes, but certainly not impossible to achieve.

To consider, Orbs are semi-Jack of all Trades in that they have VERY many uses, but the one that many people focus on is their ability to summon more units, so people (well, I do at least) prefer to NOT use orbs on things like stamina resets and lights blessing. While there are many of us who have more of an item than we will probably ever need for any FEH event, that doesn't change that some of these items ARE limited (Lights Blessings are AFAIK limited to 3 a month from monthly quests, 3 from My Nintendo rewards, and 3 from when you start the game I think?). I'm not saying a shop that sells EXCLUSIVELY potions, blessings, crests, badges, shards, and crystals, but there is always the ability to buy orbs, feathers, and even units (and shadow merge units like you said). Daily rotation special deals and stuff, buy one Orb get one free! and all that Anna junk.

There is always the possibility to get more Sacred Coins outside of Arena Assault, especially if it does turn out to be some sort of item-acquiring shop, so I suppose we will just have to wait and see. I still have low hopes though.

I'm not sure increasing merge levels is the best option, unless you just mean increasing a units merges by 1, not boosting the maximum merge level, which would be a nightmare. If the former, then by all means we should have that.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Shards and crystals can be substituted with stamina restores.

They can?  I've never actually run out of shards/crystals before.  What's the exchange rate?

32 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Limited yes, but anyone who can make it in the top 300,000 of Arena Assault is guaranteed to get 10 Sacred Coins every week, and as of now I have emassed 86 coins getting 14-15 coins every Arena reset. Not a great amount yes, but certainly not impossible to achieve.

We don't know yet if 86 coins is a lot or a little until we know what they're used for and how much it costs. But that doesn't change the fact that the resource is more limited than any other resource in the game.

You are limited to a maximum amount per time period and have exactly zero alternative methods of getting the resource any faster.

32 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

that doesn't change that some of these items ARE limited

The fact that orbs are able to exactly substitute for those items means that they are as limited as orbs are, which is not very limited.

If $1 (0.01 orbs), $10, and $100 (1 Light's Blessing) were the only denominations of currency, certain shops only took certain denominations, and you could only trade up (i.e. 100 $1 bills could be traded for 1 $100 bill, but not the other way around), spending 100 $1 bills is still functionally equivalent to spending a $100 bill if you happened to no longer have any $100 bills.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They can?  I've never actually run out of shards/crystals before.  What's the exchange rate?

The idea is that shards and crystals are equivalent to exp., and stamina potions are capable of being used to get exp. by actually running maps.

Edited by Ice Dragon

In a recent interview, they said they were still exploring rerolling natures, or something to that effect, so for all the things Sacred Coins might do, it's probably not that.

Personally, it would be nice if they opened a Unit Shop, or something like that.  It could be an alternative to rolling and they could rotate the units available.  It wouldn't have to be just 5*s, either.  They could have 3* or 4*s in there, too, since the pool is so big that you could go a long time without ever seeing a certain 4*, especially if you're F2P.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

In a recent interview, they said they were still exploring rerolling natures, or something to that effect, so for all the things Sacred Coins might do, it's probably not that.

Or it could be the awkward situation of "What is X for?" "Not telling." "Okay, have you thought of doing Y?" "(oh snap, that's what X is for)".

But probably still doubtful.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Personally, it would be nice if they opened a Unit Shop, or something like that.  It could be an alternative to rolling and they could rotate the units available.  It wouldn't have to be just 5*s, either.  They could have 3* or 4*s in there, too, since the pool is so big that you could go a long time without ever seeing a certain 4*, especially if you're F2P.

My main suggestion for all the units being 5-stars is that one of the barriers of using the less-used units is that they are very expensive to merge since they are not pullable at 5-star rarity. Making them easier to merge to +10 5-star would help them be more relevant as "cheaper alternatives" without displacing the more powerful characters.

(Posted from mobile, can't edit-quote.)

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I hate it to, but it seems very likely. Anything else, upgrading Sacred Seals, smithing weapons, alternative to feathers, reset boons and banes... they are unrealistic and provide too much of an advantage to the player.

Why would these be too advantageous? There is no way to level of skills, and the existence of Seal original skills at "level 1" and image data for different seal levels suggests they're at least considering considering the idea of leveling up. Smithing isn't out the question either because it would let them tweak weapon balance without directly altering existing characters (ex upgrading Killer to Slayer weapons). The only one of those I'd consider doubtful is the nature reroll because that could cut into the profits they make from summoning.

The fact that they're waiting so long to unveil the true purpose of coins makes me doubt it would only be for a simple item shop. We saved for over a month for...stamina potions? Wat?

39 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Why would these be too advantageous? There is no way to level of skills, and the existence of Seal original skills at "level 1" and image data for different seal levels suggests they're at least considering considering the idea of leveling up. Smithing isn't out the question either because it would let them tweak weapon balance without directly altering existing characters (ex upgrading Killer to Slayer weapons). The only one of those I'd consider doubtful is the nature reroll because that could cut into the profits they make from summoning.

The fact that they're waiting so long to unveil the true purpose of coins makes me doubt it would only be for a simple item shop. We saved for over a month for...stamina potions? Wat?

About half the seals right now are Stat Up 1 skills, which can grant some advantages to a unit who relies on Attack or Speed (Brave users want the extra attack, everyone else wants the extra speed). We've a Sacred seal version of Distant Counter, Spur Defense, and Fortify Resistance, the first granting defense boosts to units who typically get attacked from afar (magic mostly), the second stacking with other Spur skills, the third being put on Eirika. God knows what the rest of the seals would do, and we don't even know what great and fun new SS we will be getting from the next TT.

The thing about smithing to remember is that weapons that have a skill built into them are 16 might. Other weapons range from 11 to 14 might, and Silver Weapons, the ones I'm worried about, have 15 might. Besides that, Braves will also be affected. Even if there are sharp limits to what you can put on a weapon (only level 1 skills maybe), that still means a Brave weapon can be given, I dunno, Desperation 1 or Brash Assault 1. An Armorslayer could have Axebreaker or Life and Death 3 built in. What I'm scared of is people putting Escape Route into weapons that Dancers hold, freeing up the B slot for literally anything. I am probably completely misinterpreting this whole "blacksmithing" thing, but I actually hope that's the case.

If it's just a simple item shop, then it better be the best darn item shop we ever see. What I would take is a Skill Bank that you can store unit skills into (sacrificing them of course), but then also being able to buy skills from the shop, including weapons.

...and then having days where you are sold Stamina Potions.

Edited by Xenomata

I hope they let you increase merge level. Mostly for Anna, Alphonse, Sharena, and the GHB/TT characters.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My main suggestion for all the units being 5-stars is that one of the barriers of using the less-used units is that they are very expensive to merge since they are not pullable at 5-star rarity. Making them easier to merge to +10 5-star would help them be more relevant as "cheaper alternatives" without displacing the more powerful characters.

As someone who is a mini whale, I find it easier to promote 4*s to 5*s for merge levels. My highest merge is my +8 Nowi, and only 2 of them were pulled at 5* the other 7 were promoted from 4* copies. My highest 5* exclusive merged units are +4 Ike and +4 B!Lyn. I also have a couple +2s and a bunch of +1s.

You can get 10,400 feather per week just from the Arena/AA. When you add in Quests, TTs, and VGs, you can get well over 60,000 feathers per month. Using those feathers for three 5* promotions per month is much more desirable than spending hundreds on a particular banner.

You need deep pockets to pull a lot of 5* exclusive characters. Something that only about .1% of players have.

28 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

I'm pretty sure the coins are just going to allow us to upgrade our seals. Sacred Coins, Sacred Seals...the most obvious answer is usually the correct one.

There's Sacred Stones.  It might just be an adjective they like to use.  One of the Japanese speakers could let us know if they use the same word, or if that's a localization thing, too, since it seems a lot of the translations are iffy.

5 hours ago, Hawk King said:

As someone who is a mini whale, I find it easier to promote 4*s to 5*s for merge levels. My highest merge is my +8 Nowi, and only 2 of them were pulled at 5* the other 7 were promoted from 4* copies. My highest 5* exclusive merged units are +4 Ike and +4 B!Lyn. I also have a couple +2s and a bunch of +1s.

You can get 10,400 feather per week just from the Arena/AA. When you add in Quests, TTs, and VGs, you can get well over 60,000 feathers per month. Using those feathers for three 5* promotions per month is much more desirable than spending hundreds on a particular banner.

You need deep pockets to pull a lot of 5* exclusive characters. Something that only about .1% of players have.

For me, promoting 4-star units to 5-star rarity is expensive because each of those could have been a Quick Riposte 3 or a Life and Death 3 or an Aether. I would rather promote a character for Skill Inheritance or for having another 5-star character in my roster than to promote a character for merging because merging is just not worth 20,000 feathers.

Promoting units might be the cheapest way to get high-merge units as a low-spending player, but I would rather have 10 more Quick Riposte 3 or Life and Death 3 or 5-star weapons than a single +10 unit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For me, promoting 4-star units to 5-star rarity is expensive because each of those could have been a Quick Riposte 3 or a Life and Death 3 or an Aether. I would rather promote a character for Skill Inheritance or for having another 5-star character in my roster than to promote a character for merging because merging is just not worth 20,000 feathers.

Promoting units might be the cheapest way to get high-merge units as a low-spending player, but I would rather have 10 more Quick Riposte 3 or Life and Death 3 or 5-star weapons than a single +10 unit.

Funny how priorities differ in regard to spending habits.

I agree with you that merging is not worth 20000 feathers, but unfortunately the only way for f2p to keep up a little.

Is there any solid information around how merging affects your arena score? Like how many merges are needed to get into 700+ points range?

32 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Is there any solid information around how merging affects your arena score? Like how many merges are needed to get into 700+ points range?

Unrelated, but there are lots of factors that go into Arena score. With fully inherited skills, and AoE specials on all of my units, I started seeing 700's at around 4-6 total merges (among all 4 units combined) I think. Skills like Aether, Galeforce, Close/Distant counter, the double stat rallies, and all of the 240 SP cost ones will will lower the amount of merges you need.

Now with 2 Aethers and 14+ total merges, I never see a score below 700.

With zero merges and just optimized high SP cost skills, you could probably see some 700's from time to time.