Sacred coins idea!

Prince Endriu

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Unrelated, but there are lots of factors that go into Arena score. With fully inherited skills, and AoE specials on all of my units, I started seeing 700's at around 4-6 total merges (among all 4 units combined) I think. Skills like Aether, Galeforce, Close/Distant counter, the double stat rallies, and all of the 240 SP cost ones will will lower the amount of merges you need.

Now with 2 Aethers and 14+ total merges, I never see a score below 700.

With zero merges and just optimized high SP cost skills, you could probably see some 700's from time to time.

Ok Thanks. Sounds a little bit depressing :)

My goal was to reach tier 20 one day, I will reach that next- thuesday after 9 seasons of play - never thought that would be possible in such a short time. The next logical goal would be to stay in tier 20 - guess that might take a lot longer then. :)

8 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

I agree with you that merging is not worth 20000 feathers, but unfortunately the only way for f2p to keep up a little.

Exactly why my suggestion is as it is. Making the less-used characters that can't be pulled as 5-star units (Laslow, Oboro, Raigh, etc.) available as 5-star units that can be bought with in-game currency (with the restriction that they can only be used for merging) helps free-to-players get additional merges on those characters without needing to spend 20,000 feathers per merge.

This way, you'd only need to spend 20,000 feathers to get the first copy of the character to 5-star rarity to unlock the character in the shop, and then use Sacred Coins to get further merges.

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Exactly why my suggestion is as it is. Making the less-used characters that can't be pulled as 5-star units (Laslow, Oboro, Raigh, etc.) available as 5-star units that can be bought with in-game currency (with the restriction that they can only be used for merging) helps free-to-players get additional merges on those characters without needing to spend 20,000 feathers per merge.

This way, you'd only need to spend 20,000 feathers to get the first copy of the character to 5-star rarity to unlock the character in the shop, and then use Sacred Coins to get further merges.

Truth be told. I wouldnt want to invest in a guy like Raigh. 

The only non 5*units that I like are Nino and Olivia. Since the pool of those units hasnt become bigger I dont think thats a good idea.

While I am f2p and welcome any changes for the benefit of the f2p playerbase I doubt that this solution would be of any interest to the p2w base. F2p benefit would be also very limited imo. Or rather forced upon, like having a chance to get merges for units that arent really fantastic or liked, Bartre anyone?

I think any new currency or update must benefit both playerbases alike. We will all be smarter in October.

Benefits for me, as I described, would be to use those coins for skill inheritance/extraction without using feathers.

But maybe, it will be possible to use coins to just buy certain 5* units. Dammit, I want to know what these coins are for. If its something good, well then I will just have to put up with the fact that my coins income hasnt exceeded 15 per season. ☺

Edited by Prince Endriu

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

There's Sacred Stones.  It might just be an adjective they like to use.  One of the Japanese speakers could let us know if they use the same word, or if that's a localization thing, too, since it seems a lot of the translations are iffy.

It's not just a localization thing. Sacred Seals are 聖印 (seiin) and Sacred Coins are 聖貨 (seika), so it's the same in both versions. Admittedly I hope I'm wrong, because I'd rather have nature rerolls or a character/item shop of some kind, but that's doubtful. I just think it would be better if people didn't keep their expectations too high.

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

There's Sacred Stones.  It might just be an adjective they like to use.  One of the Japanese speakers could let us know if they use the same word, or if that's a localization thing, too, since it seems a lot of the translations are iffy.

37 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

It's not just a localization thing. Sacred Seals are 聖印 (seiin) and Sacred Coins are 聖貨 (seika), so it's the same in both versions. Admittedly I hope I'm wrong, because I'd rather have nature rerolls or a character/item shop of some kind, but that's doubtful. I just think it would be better if people didn't keep their expectations too high.

"Sacred Coins", "Sacred Seals", "The Sacred Stones", "Exalt", "Holy Vestiments", "Sacred Cowl", and "Aegis" all use the same character.

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Truth be told. I wouldnt want to invest in a guy like Raigh. 

The only non 5*units that I like are Nino and Olivia. Since the pool of those units hasnt become bigger I dont think thats a good idea.

While I am f2p and welcome any changes for the benefit of the f2p playerbase I doubt that this solution would be of any interest to the p2w base. F2p benefit would be also very limited imo. Or rather forced upon, like having a chance to get merges for units that arent really fantastic or liked, Bartre anyone?

I think any new currency or update must benefit both playerbases alike. We will all be smarter in October.

Benefits for me, as I described, would be to use those coins for skill inheritance/extraction without using feathers.

But maybe, it will be possible to use coins to just buy certain 5* units. Dammit, I want to know what these coins are for. If its something good, well then I will just have to put up with the fact that my coins income hasnt exceeded 15 per season. ☺

I listed several categories of units in my original post. As an example, I'd imagine something similar to this:

• 5-star "cheap" character (Laslow, etc.): 10 coins
  • 5-star Grand Hero Battle character (Narcian, etc.): 150 coins
  • 5-star limited-release character (Spring Camilla, etc.): 240 coins

(Don't take the exact prices literally. It's a fucking example.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Sacred Coins", "Sacred Seals", "The Sacred Stones", "Exalt", "Holy Vestiments", "Sacred Cowl", and "Aegis" all use the same character.

I listed several categories of units in my original post. As an example, I'd imagine something similar to this:

• 5-star "cheap" character (Laslow, etc.): 10 coins
  • 5-star Grand Hero Battle character (Narcian, etc.): 150 coins
  • 5-star limited-release character (Spring Camilla, etc.): 240 coins

(Don't take the exact prices literally. It's a fucking example.)

Still, doesnt really sound appealing.

Its something whales wouldnt consider and f2p wkuldnt get any futureproof edge whatsoever.

The thing is, as f2p you are at the lower end of the bargain. Take me for example, I promoted the askr trio to 5* in order to have a constant bonus unit. These units are pretty limited and not mergable. So I am constantly at a disadvantage, but thats fair and reasonable. The only way for me to stay somewhat competitive is through SI and merging. Both is expensive and related to RNG which is again orb limited. So if coins were to give me a chance to up the merge level of an already obsolete or merely situational or arena uncompetitive character, then I dont see any benefit. I mean Raigh +10? 

36 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Take me for example, I promoted the askr trio to 5* in order to have a constant bonus unit. These units are pretty limited and not mergable.

Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna would probably fall under a similar category as Grand Hero Battle characters. Probably a bit cheaper, though.

37 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

The only way for me to stay somewhat competitive is through SI and merging.

Given the option of running a +0 red tome and a +10 Raigh for scoring purposes, the +10 Raigh is clearly the superior option and would give you a competitive edge.

38 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

So if coins were to give me a chance to up the merge level of an already obsolete or merely situational or arena uncompetitive character, then I dont see any benefit. I mean Raigh +10? 

As a whale, I personally wouldn't mind easy access to a +10 Raigh. The current 742-point Arena Assault meta is essentially all green units, and I can always use more red units with usable physical bulk (I'm actually running out of red units by match 7).

And again, for everyone else, that's still a cheap option for a +10 unit that can be used to bump up a player's score.

Also, random note: +10 Raigh with Raudhrblade has a comparable offensive stat distribution to +0 Tharja with Raudhrblade+ (45/33 compared to 46/34).

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I guess that's an opposite extreme, which makes me think Sacred Seals and Coins aren't necessarily related.  If only those two items shared an adjective, they probably would go together.  But since it seems like a good dozen different things like to use that word, it's just one of those words they like to fall back on, like Dark or Shadow.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I guess that's an opposite extreme, which makes me think Sacred Seals and Coins aren't necessarily related.  If only those two items shared an adjective, they probably would go together.  But since it seems like a good dozen different things like to use that word, it's just one of those words they like to fall back on, like Dark or Shadow.

I think the fact that they share the same kanji in Japanese and the same word in English is telling enough. Sacred Seals are a Heroes-only thing, as are Sacred Coins, and it would make complete sense for us to be able to improve our seals. I'm just putting two and two together.

The fact that other random things in the series just so happen to use the same Japanese character honestly has zero relevance.

Edited by Sproutling

2 hours ago, Sproutling said:

I think the fact that they share the same kanji in Japanese and the same word in English is telling enough. Sacred Seals are a Heroes-only thing, as are Sacred Coins, and it would make complete sense for us to be able to improve our seals. I'm just putting two and two together.

The fact that other random things in the series just so happen to use the same Japanese character honestly has zero relevance.

Translating the same word into the same word is hardly an extraordinary circumstance.

Japanese isn't some fantastical thing that exists outside of the rules of language. If I translated "white" into "blanco" three different times in three different contexts, no one would bat an eye at it.

1 hour ago, Metakirby said:

What if they can be used to update sacred seals? I just thought of that a few days ago, hoping it'll be another thing but we'll see!

Thats a common thought in regard to sacread coins and seals as both have the word 'sacred'.

What makes me actually expect something else entirely, is the generated hype around it. I mean they have introduced a new currency which is both rare and mysterious. If it was to update seals, buy stamina potions etc. then it should have worked from day one. 

My guess is, they are introducing a new, hopefully awesome, thing that deserves the hype. 

Whatever it is, they wanted to give people a chance to accumulate a number of them, so that when it launches players could already participate. So I expect an exchange rate for X for at least 50 to 100 coins. 

If its good, I hope they will add those coins as TT rewards. Hate to get those shards and crystals.