amiibo

Timeman

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/fe/products.html#amiibo

I mentioned in another topic, but this is getting stronger as hell.

According to the official website (and previously hinted by the Japanese amiibo compatibility chart), the generic amiibo gives weapons, meterials and gold as Hyrule Warriorrs (and Legends). Also, the page mention that the amiibo from Fire Emblem franchise gives weapons, distinguishing from the generic amiibo.

This, with the facts from Hyrule Warriors & Knuckles Legends, confirms at 90% that Ike, Roy, Alm and (obviously) Tiki will be playable characters.

Celica is already confirmed, and with the Echoes design, so it can be a hint from that (I remind you that the amiibo compatibility from the chart were published before the leak of the European Special Edition box art).

So... what do you think (apart of the obvious and justified "Too much swords")?

I feel like there's nothing stopping them from just giving Ragnell/BB/Valentian Falchion to one of the units in the game already.

Still, I'd vastly prefer it if they were in the game. Ike would be the last push I need to actually buy it, and Alm would be a nice addition.

EDIT: I forgot that Brave Roy wouldn't be in the game.

Also: I'd almost want the amiibo to just give Ragnell/BB/Valentian Falchion to one of the existing characters just to see the nigh infinite amounts of salt.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

I remember watching Kyle McCarley's stream vods for Echoes (he is the Alm's English VA) , and he denied voicing Alm in any other projects. (It was one of the recent streams on Youtube.) He then of course gave the whole NDA deal, but one would think if he straight up denies it, he is not lying. If he left the answer up in the air, there may be more of a possibility.

Of course, he could just be playing it safe and he does in fact voice Alm, but personally I am not keeping my hopes up. If Alm (and others) are in, I'll be somewhat surprised.

15 minutes ago, Sire said:

I remember watching Kyle McCarley's stream vods for Echoes (he is the Alm's English VA) , and he denied voicing Alm in any other projects. (It was one of the recent streams on Youtube.) He then of course gave the whole NDA deal, but one would think if he straight up denies it, he is not lying. If he left the answer up in the air, there may be more of a possibility.

Of course, he could just be playing it safe and he does in fact voice Alm, but personally I am not keeping my hopes up. If Alm (and others) are in, I'll be somewhat surprised.

It's also possible that Alm gets another VA (as if none other characters use different VA from their original games XD).

7 hours ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

I feel like there's nothing stopping them from just giving Ragnell/BB/Valentian Falchion to one of the units in the game already.

Still, I'd vastly prefer it if they were in the game. Ike would be the last push I need to actually buy it, and Alm would be a nice addition.

EDIT: I forgot that Brave Roy wouldn't be in the game.

Also: I'd almost want the amiibo to just give Ragnell/BB/Valentian Falchion to one of the existing characters just to see the nigh infinite amounts of salt.

Chrom with Ragnell would cause so much salt.

10 minutes ago, Timeman said:

It's also possible that Alm gets another VA (as if none other characters use different VA from their original games XD).

The only problem I can see with that is, while a few characters have different VAs from their original games, they all have the same VAs that they had in Heroes. Except for maybe Camilla, but her voice is close enough that it could just be different voice direction. Alm had the same VA in both SoV and Heroes, so I don't think they would change that just for Warriors. Kyle also said on one of his streams that he enjoyed doing VA work for Fire Emblem, and that he would gladly come back for another Fire Emblem-related job. This doesn't automatically deny or confirm his inclusion, of course, but it makes it reasonable to assume that he won't be in, at least in the base game.

On the actual topic, I wonder if the amiibos for Marth, Lucina, Chrom, and Alm will all just give the same Falchion, or if they'll give different versions (or different weapons altogether). Most of them do have different designs, but I hope they at least won't perform the exact same.

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 hour ago, Sire said:

in addition to that, the way he said it there sounded like he hadn't even heard of the game at the time (they said they hadn't seen nintendo's e3 stuff yet)

he said something along the lines of "i'm not in it, but I couldn't tell you even if I was"

while it could just be an NDA thing he probably would've just ignored the question if he really was in the game, so he's definitely not voicing alm

taking into account alm not being on the box art unlike all the other main characters who've been announced or seen, celica appearing without him, and his voice actor not being in the game (where the voice cast seems to be identical to heroes), I think it's safe to say alm's not gonna be in the base game

maybe a dlc later on but there's basically no chance at this point

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

The only problem I can see with that is, while a few characters have different VAs from their original games, they all have the same VAs that they had in Heroes. Except for maybe Camilla, but her voice is close enough that it could just be different voice direction.

i thought camilla's voice was different at first, but i remember in another video she said "Sweet dreams!" in pretty much the same way as in heroes, it's definitely the same person

7 minutes ago, unique said:

i thought camilla's voice was different at first, but i remember in another video she said "Sweet dreams!" in pretty much the same way as in heroes, it's definitely the same person

Same here, except I heard a Heroes quote that sounded closer to her Warriors voice; I think it was "Time to play!" or something like that. I think they're just having the VA stick closer to that kind of inflection instead, or they just lumped all of her quotes with that inflection into the trailers. Either way, it seems likely that the Heroes VAs can all be expected to return, which I'm pretty happy about overall.

Although, now that I think about it, if Camus makes it in, I wonder how they'll handle his voice. He's the only character I can think of who had his English voice change after Heroes, since his Echoes voice is different (and shared with Draug and Hector from Heroes, if I remember right). Technically it's not Camus, but... well, Zeke is still Camus, so I'm curious what they'll do, if he's even in at all.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Although, now that I think about it, if Camus makes it in, I wonder how they'll handle his voice. He's the only character I can think of who had his English voice change after Heroes, since his Echoes voice is different (and shared with Draug and Hector from Heroes, if I remember right). Technically it's not Camus, but... well, Zeke is still Camus, so I'm curious what they'll do, if he's even in at all.

there actually is one other case, that being palla, who was voiced by laura bailey in heroes and alexis tipton in echoes

considering alexis tipton voices lucina in warriors and 3 out of the 4 lucinas in heroes, I feel like patrick seitz would probably voice camus

i did like his voice for zeke more than travis willingham's for camus, although I like zeke more than camus anyway so if it was camus who was in I wouldn't really care either way

Edited by unique

40 minutes ago, unique said:

there actually is one other case, that being palla, who was voiced by laura bailey in heroes and alexis tipton in echoes

considering alexis tipton voices lucina in warriors and 3 out of the 4 lucinas in heroes, I feel like patrick seitz would probably voice camus

i did like his voice for zeke more than travis willingham's for camus, although I like zeke more than camus anyway so if it was camus who was in I wouldn't really care either way

That is true; I had remembered and disregarded Lucina since her VA changed during Heroes and not after (and her voice has already been heard in Warriors anyway), but I forgot Palla had the same treatment. 

I agree, I hope they go with Patrick Seitz as well. Travis Willingham was good, but Patrick did a better job overall to me. Plus I recognize him from outside of FE, so there's that slight bias too. My only question in regards to that is whether that situation is the same as Lucina's; was Travis just unavailable for Echoes and Patrick was a one-off replacement, or is Patrick his permanent VA from now on? If we had another Camus/Zeke/Sirius in Heroes then it may be easier to say for sure, but I'm hoping for Patrick regardless. And who knows, now that Celica's in, there may be a chance for Zeke. That would certainly make for an awkward conversation between him and Marth.

36 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

It seems you can give him Marth's Falchion, so why not...it could also be Priam's version of the Weapon given.

Unless it's cracked, it's Ike's. Also, Falchion is still the same blade so it would make sense that they could all just trade their versions of it around.

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

The salt would be glorious. Well, Ike still has Urvan. 

Xander with Binding Blade, Cordelia with Siegmund, Camilla with Armads...

32 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Nah, we'll give Urvan to Lissa.

That could happen as well.

Marth with Sieglinde, Celica with Alm's Falchion, Lucina wih Tyrfing, Robin with Valflame, Takumi with Parthia, Hinoka with Gradivus...

We're so close to the Japanese release of the game and yet we know so little about the game outside characters. 

15 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Clearly Lyn will dual-wield Durandal and the Binding Blade, and Celica will "borrow" the Valentian Falchion from her man like a sweater and then "forget" to ever give it back.

inb4 corrin uses tiki's divine dragonstone

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

Clearly Lyn will dual-wield Durandal and the Binding Blade, and Celica will "borrow" the Valentian Falchion from her man like a sweater and then "forget" to ever give it back.

inb4 corrin uses tiki's divine dragonstone

Kinda makes me wonder what happens if you give Corrin Durandal. Would she have an overwhelming urge to stab herself?