Celica’s Outfit

I’ve been fascinated by Celica’s redesign since the announcement of the remake back in January. It does look elegant and regal, as it is meant to be. Now, the recent announcement of Celica’s inclusion in the Warriors roster also gave us this detailed render of her 3D model. It’s very lovely indeed.

It’s just that I can’t figure out one thing (even with help of this piece of concept art): how does her over-dress-coat-thing work? I mean, how does Celica put it on? And off?

The thing doesn’t seem to have any sort of zippers, or buttons, or straps, or anything of the kind in the back, which is logical, and expected, and common on modern dresses. Does she pull it over the head? Or vice versa, do the feet and legs come first? This does require the material to be pretty elastic, which I doubt it is.

So, maybe any cosplayers, or tailors, or simply overall savvy people around here who can shed some light on the subject for me? How does Celica get dressed?

Edited by Vaximillian

I'm no clothing expert but on Celica's front those golden buttons could actually be clasps and that can be how she puts it on, weird choice if so I know, but Fire Emblem has done weird designs before (looking at you Clive and your footwear, and don't think you're still off the hook from that Chrom) Also we can just assume most every character that's plot important in this universe is born with armor/weird clothing designs

Okay, so this is my personal opinion from experience of wearing dresses.

The golden buttons look like they are there for decorative purposes. After removing her armour, Celica would have to try and pull the dress over her head with a great struggle as most dresses require you to look ridiculous when dressing and undressing.

Women's clothing is generally designed pretty stupidly.

Edited by Natalie

Women's clothing is generally designed pretty stupidly.

Why is that the way things dresses are, out of curiosity?  Because my first instinct to the question of "looks vs. practicality" is..."is too much to ask for both?" :(:

Edited by FionordeQuester

Based on that image, while I am thinking it might be a pull-up dress, that's also unlikely, and not exactly practical. Zippers also seem unlikely based on the setting. Though we can see the plate is separate from the dress itself in the concept art.

The concept art now has me lost on the shoes. Are there two heels used in it?

I think she pulls the dress up over her head.  :):

I almost exclusively wear dresses and over half of them don't have zippers.  It's not too hard to do even with the non-stretchy dresses.  I actually pull all of my dresses (even the ones with a zipper) over my head to get them off and on because I'm so used to it now.  For some reason, I can't be bothered to use the zipper and would rather struggle pulling the dress past my chest.