Warriors Appreciation Thread

Lau

I didn't want to make a thread like this, but the amount of negativity surrounding this game is unbearable, so lets express some positivity for once.

What do you like about the game so far?

I personally think it looks great, from the graphics to the renders. Male Corrin surprisingly has one of the best renders, as does Camilla.

The remixes are an absolute pleasure to hear, Koei is sticking to their metal, and it works very well with FE's music.

I've noticed in the trailer we got in the direct, the voice acting is a lot better, Marth in particular. I've always had a slight issue with Yuri Lowenthal's Marth voice, I felt that it lacked a bit of power behind it, but wow, has he improved.

A lot of the movesets look great, Marth's is my favourite, followed by Xander's freaking beautiful horse.

So what about you lot, hm?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin and Leo's movesets look great. As do Lissa's. And Xander's. And Frederick's. And Ryoma's. And Corrin's. And... well, I'm already on my way to forming a decent team of characters it seems.

Also, the music is as amazing as I expected.

History Mode looks neat and the story mode looks meatier than Hyrule Warriors's.

And I love the graphics!

Robin and Takumi are locks for my final team. I'll probably slot in a lancer, and I think Celica just shunted Marth off.

Despite everything, I'm still excited for the game.

Edited by The DanMan

Robin looks great plus he looks to be one of the more important story characters which is a bonus. 

Lissa looks like a blast to play as, but tbh this could be extended to every character we've seen. They all look fun which is a huge positive for the game. 

The music speaks for itself. I've always been a fan of FE music and hearing the amazing remixes only makes me love this game more.

I like how there seems to be some level of strategy in the game.

The graphics are nothing to sneeze at either.

I like a lot of character's moveset but i'll probably play leo and takumi the most.

Music has been amazing thus far and i rly like the mixture between fe strategy/command and warriors gameplay.

im excited for history mode and am hoping that theyre gonna show more in tgs but im a little worried with the amount of maps in that mode. hw's adventure mode had a lot of maps so... idk how its gonna be like in comparision

(also if only theres dual audio in all versions of the game, that would be swell)

While i've never played a Warriors game, the gameplay is looking sweet. History Mode is looking like a really cool addition. The music is badass and i'm liking all the characters that have been shown off so far (still waiting on Azura tho). Even though Super Mario Odyssey comes out seven days after Warriors, i'm gonna put Mario on hold so i can play FE Warriors.

October 20th needs to hurry up. I want this game.

It definitely feels fine to hear something good about the game again. Since the day the game was announced I was beyond excited about being able to play it, and I've felt that way as I knew more and more about the game. At times I felt like I was the only one who was actually looking forward to play and enjoy it, but it feels good to check I'm not, so thank you for cheering me up after having read nothing but complaints.

I've always dreamt of playing as some iconic FE characters with gorgeous 3D graphics, so this game is indeed what I was looking for. It will be my second game from the Warriors franchise after Hyrule Warriors, and after having spent a long, long time playing that one, I can say I'm going to love this even more given it's featuring my favorite video game franchise of all time.

As you can check, Caeda's my favorite character, and after the leak, I've been even more interested in the game! I don't know if she'll use lances, swords, if she'll have Cordelia's moveset... I just know she'll be my main. The rest of characters look fun to play as well, Sakura's special attack was certainly interesting! But as I did in Hyrule Warriors, I'll end up playing with all of them. I'm really, really looking forward to! I'm happy enough we have a voice cast, I was expecting them to just give us grunts and simple voices, but having them voice the full script sounds awesome!

Not to mention the music remixes! Hyrule Warriors surprised me with amazing remixes of Molgera's battle, Skyloft, Hyrule Field and such, and just imagining which tracks they chose and remixed makes me shiver in nervousness.

If they make this History mode half as long as they did with Hyrule Warriors' Adventure Mode, that'll be so great. I've only completed the first map and I've not gotten bored in the slightest about it, so chances are I'll have just as much fun. Also, Adventure Mode had some unlockable outfits as rewards as long as some secret characters if you got an A score on them, I wonder if that will make it back here as reskins of other characters, new weapons or new characters even they've been hiding so far. Wouldn't that be amazing? I seriously doubt that we're just having 3 game modes, though, so I'm excited to see what they've been hiding from us.

I'm against the mere existence of DLC, I'd rather have the complete game even if it takes a few months of delay, but if it has a reasonable price and a fair amount of new and interesting content, it's something to be considered. I will understand, though, if they keep releasing DLC's one year after the game's been out. It's a good way to keep the game fresh and fun to play with new content, though I'd prefer Splatoon's update system.

I'm sorry for the rant, I'm just so excited and eager to hear about others who feel the same!

Getting to play as some of my Awakening favorites again is always nice, especially since Chrom missed out on Smash (but at least he seems to have a pretty big role here). Plus, maybe it will help bring Marth back from the brink.

The music sounds great, and I like the artstyle. 

Gameplay, while another Warriors game, looks pretty good, and it helps I've only played HW up to this point. 

I also like how that some characters will acknowledge each other on the battlefield specifically like the Lissa-Frederick teasing. It's a nice touch.

Great idea, this was definitely needed.

As far as what I am loving so far, honestly the characters. Yeah I will admit I have made my fair share of jokes about too many swords, but that isnt aimed at the game so much as the developers themselves. As far as the actual characters go, I really cant name a single one that doesnt look fun to play. Even Celica, being a carbon copy of Marth, looks fun to me because I really dont like Marth. So it gives me an alternative to him.

Im also really liking the maps so far. While its annoying to keep seeing the same forest demo map, we have gotten looks at others in screenshots and short clips, and I have to say they all look great. I cant wait to go through all of them. Even Awakening's worst maps could make fun Warriors maps.

I like all the inclusions of the Fire Emblem aspects. Early on when this was announced, I was worried about this being just a reskin of a warriors game with FE characters. But I am glad to be proven wrong there. They have really gone out of their way to implement a lot of aspects of Fire Emblem.

History. Mode. I cant wait. I am really looking forward to tonight since they will be showcasing it, its probably the thing I am anticipating the most.

Supports, Bond Conversations, whatever they are calling them. I am looking forward to that just from some of the craziest supports we could get, like Frederick and Camilla that was on the poll.

I left the TGS topic last night because I was sick of the overabundance of assumptions and negativity. Good to see some people are still willing to be positive.

The early information and PR for the game had me worried, but lately my interest has gone back up a lot with the reveal of game modes, extra details, and finding out that 4 of my 5 most-wanted characters will be available (Anna, Lyn, Lucina, Tiki. Celica is also a nice bonus). While things like copied movesets may be worrying, all reports say the game is a blast to play, and I feel like once we actually have the game the cloning won't matter as much anymore, and we may even find it makes a lot of sense.

I'm ready to spend a lot of time on this game.

I don't actually have a lot of experience with Warriors (or should I call it Musou?) games as FE fan I think it looks gorgeous. And as FE7 fan I am sold.

I do not know if Navarre will have same moveset, but these myrmydons flash step blitzkrieg Lyn's does push all right buttons with me. 

Cammila is also feast for eyes (and I am not talking about fanservice here), if dual audio will be thing I can hardly imagine greater bliss than annihilating enemies with axe while listening  Sawashiro great voice acting... 

The musics good? um.... Navarre maybe?

Idk I'm trying, but still grasping at air.

...but I like the music though..

Edited by Tuvy

We'll finally know how to pronounce Caeda's name.

Murder clerics are best clerics.

Now with Celica confirmed, get ready for SoV remixes boiiii!!

Sakura and Camilla support is all I ever wanted in life.

Again, FUCKING MURDER CLERICS.

26 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm pretty sure it's been See-da by that spelling. Like Caesar.

Anyways, although I'm unlikely to get it at least for a while because I don't have a Switch (and currently have no plans to get one), I'd be more excited about the fact that it's a Warriors game over all else. Looking at people completely miss the point of a Warriors games as I saw a lot of just makes me shake my head. Especially considering this was floated as an idea that was received positively for years since everyone saw this fanart ages ago but complaints when it doesn't turn out exactly what you envisioned in your mind - as if all that matters is the roster (sadly, one that the mainline Warriors games often suffer from arguments about as well.)

I suppose it sort of bothers me of the amount of people speaking as if they presume to have knowledge of the entire series and how these crossovers happen, when at best most of them have only played Hyrule Warriors.

That, and I liked how they remixed the Fire Emblem music with the traditional Warriors music style.

Edited by Tryhard

44 minutes ago, Azz said:

That's one thing I'm curious about - personally, I pronounce it like her Japanese name.

Anyways, what I'm looking forward to... The music (HW did a whiz-bang job with its music, with a boatload of amazing music tracks), the characters (I'll probably be using everyone, but I'm most looking forward to annihilating enemy armies with little girls who don't look like they have any place on the battlefield at all), and the gameplay.

Ah, it's nice to see a thread like this! I applaud you for making it.

I admit I've been part of the negativity myself, and I apologize for that. I still think the game overall looks great though, despite my critiques with it. And I'm still paying for my Special Edition.

I can't wait to beat up stuff with Freddy most of all! I'm still pretty happy to have my second favorite FE character in the game and he seriously looks like a lot of fun. <3

Edited by Anacybele

I am still looking forward to it, as my top two faves from Fates are in (Takumi and Sakura). Still want more SD characters, but Tiki and Caeda will still be good.

I have sworn to myself that I will be beating this game with both Takumi and Sakura on my team, despite them being clones. Their older siblings can pitch in too, but I will probably swap them around some of the time for others. The two archers will be permanent team members as soon as they join

Ah, I'm so glad this thread is going over well, phew!

To add to my list...

I can't wait to use pair-up with Marth and Caeda, they're my OTP, so they'll be like...a power couple or something, it'll be great!

I'm looking forward to the bond conversations, especially for the SD characters.

Can I hope for Tiki saying Mar-Mar? And Lucina, Lissa and Chrom meeting their ancestors and freaking out over them? Please, it'd make my Christmas!

Looking forward to this game so much! All the negativity about the game's roster really affected me and I became really negative for a while. The leaks really got my excitement back up though (especially Celica)! This game may even surpass Hyrule Warriors as my most played game. :)))

Oh yeah, my final team will depend on the remaining roster as of now.

No Ike: Frederick, Ryoma, Cordelia, Robin/Hinoka

Ike: Frederick, Ike, Cordelia, Robin/Hinoka

Still praying for Ike, of course. And outside of story mode, I'll be using female Robin with Freddy for my OTP power couple!

Edited by Anacybele

I was excited for this since the first day, and I've never been not looking forward to its release. Fire Emblem (a series I've been into for a while) + Warriors (a series I've had my eye on for a little bit and feel a strong draw towards) is awesome. It looks good, it sounds good, and I'm perfectly fine with the roster.

The gameplay itself looks very solid and I'm looking forward to seeing what all the modes have to offer. The cross-game Supports have me interested as well, and I'm wondering what pairs will support and what they will talk about.

The artstyle also looks gorgeous and I hope that the Switch game looks similar.