Warriors Appreciation Thread

Lau

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try but 100% positive statements aren't my style. I'll cross out my failed attempts.

Fire Emblem Warriors will really help me get past the final week before Mario Odyssey.

Those Warriors maps in Heroes get you a lot of orbs.

Unlocking/Fully powering up all these personal weapons should make for some fun, rewarding late game.

Fire Emblem Warriors Legends in 2019 will probably have a great roster.

These guitar remixes of songs remind me of my middle school garage band.

I actually really appreciate SD not getting as much attention as the other two focus games. My only switch would be Ceada for Jagen.

I'm legitimately curious where they're going with Chrom and Marth's support.

Out of six Warriors games out or confirmed for Switch by the end of 2017, this is the only one that's coming stateside and isn't a port. And I think that says something about the confidence behind this project. They could have just released an ultimate edition of Hyrule Warriors and called it a day.

This thread is a nice shot in the arm.

First and foremost, the thing I liked the best about Hyrule Warriors is that it gave me stuff to do for a very long time. I blaze through games pretty quickly and then I'm left bored with nothing to do. Hyrule Warriors kept me entertained for months even without the DLC. With History Mode revealed it seems like this game will have a substantial amount of content as well, so that's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to.

I'm an Awakening newbie, so the lack of characters outside of FE 11/13/14 doesn't bother me much, and I'm glad to see Awakening getting represented instead of cast aside to make way for Fates. That being said, I'm also glad to see Lyn and Celica. I've never played Blazing Blade but it'll be nice to learn more about it via Lyn.

Character-wise, a lot of them look like a ton of fun; I'm most looking forward to using Robin, Frederick, Lyn, Xander, and Takumi/Sakura. Camilla too, and I don't even like Camilla as a character.

I'm really curious to see how History Mode goes. If done right, it could be even better than Hyrule Warriors' Adventure Mode. I feel pretty optimistic about it.

The addition of cross-game supports has the potential to be really cool, and the presence of actual, tangible benefits to supporting characters (sharing skills between them) means they're worthwhile and it'll give me motivation to see them all.

I'm actually looking forward to the voice acting. I know a lot of people aren't, and sure the voice direction could be better, but having all those neat little lines voiced will add a lot to the game for me. I'm mainly talking about all the little things characters say to each other when they engage opponents, get a certain kill threshold, defeat an enemy captain, ect. Especially since there seems to be a lot of character-specific lines, in comparison to Hyrule Warriors mostly using generic quotes.

Believe it or not I'm also excited to see what kind of DLC we get. Hyrule Warriors REALLY went above and beyond the call of duty with its DLC. My only complaint with it was that the new characters weren't integrated into the new adventure mode maps, giving you very little incentive to actually use them, but the Legends port fixed that issue and hopefully the lesson stuck for this game. I'm expecting not just new characters, but tons of fun maps and stuff to use them in.

And this is a very minor thing, but I'm pretty glad they went with male Robin and female Corrin as the default versions. I much prefer their designs to female Robin and male Corrin. That being said, I'm glad they're all available for their respective fans.

Edited by Anomalocaris

1. Fire Emblem Music in the Warriors Style, it is amazing and all I hoped it would be. (Justice RIP)
2. We have characters other than the three focus games in Warriors (currently just Lyn and Celica, it is unknown if there will be more or not.)
3. We have both genders for Robin and Corrin.
4. The character movesets looks interesting for the most part. Right now I'm thinking about maining Chrom, Takumi, Camilla, and Lyn, although I want to play them all.
?. Xander's Horse is secretly a pegasus. Seriously, it is extremely nimble in the air...
5. I look forward to the cross-game supports as well as the extensive voicework for both History Mode and Story Mode.
6. I look forward the FEW's cutscenes, since I tend to enjoy the cutscenes in the Warriors franchise.
7. I hope Fire Emblem Warriors does well enough to get a sequel down the line. While some decisions are questionable and the road to release has been rocky thus far, I'm sure the game will be an outstanding title.

Oh, right, music, I forgot to mention that. Music is badass of course, and I'm really glad we got a cover of Alight.

Also, you know what's a minor detail but a huge improvement to me? In Hyrule Warriors, when the gates to the enemy base opened, the music would change to a "boss theme" of sorts. Problem is, everybody except Cia and Ganondorf just got the same theme (Kumite), which got tiresome very quickly hearing every mission, especially since the song itself was repetitive. Now not only do we have at LEAST three distinct boss themes based on game of origin (and possibly more; Lyn was the enemy commander in last night's footage and the music didn't sound like any we had heard before, and Validar had some other kind of theme that sounded like it had Monstrosity in there), but they're all awesome medleys that go a long time before looping.

The music has been outstanding so far, and it makes me sad that I probably won't be able to get the Special Edition. I honestly can't say I'm unhappy with the roster. A lot of my favorites have made it in, and being able to play as any FE character in a 3D environment is something I've wanted for a while. The graphics have been growing on me; I still don't think they're great, but I enjoy them well enough now. I'm also really excited to see what kind of supports Celica and Lyn will have, since they're (so far) the only outsiders to the group.

I hope they completely avoid ever calling Caeda by her name.

Also, Celica's inclusion means that I could totally play through the game with an all-redhead team. If Minerva makes it (still holding out hope for her), then I'll even have the perfect weapon triangle coverage with Celica, Hinoka, Minerva, and Sakura/Anna (if Anna is indeed a bow user, which I think she will be). If Minerva isn't in, then I can at least have the okay team of Celica, Hinoka, Sakura, and Anna. One of these will probably be my main team in Story Mode if all of them are playable, which won't be too hard since I like all of them anyway.

Now this is a breath of fresh air. The negativity was driving me nuts.

But golly this game. This. Game! My hype is simply...unrivaled. Fire Emblem Unrivaled.* I have not been this excited for a game since I got a GBA with Super Mario World for Christmas some decade and a half ago (because when I was little I played Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World on a friend's SNES and I loved it. Then one day he tells me the system fried somehow. When I finally got the game for myself on GBA... it was glorious). Even Smash Bros could not match the excitement I feel for Fire Emblem Warriors. I've always wanted to play a hack-and-slash, and what better than one featuring my favorite franchise. I've always had a hard time picking a favorite game of all time, but this might just change that. The roster is okay so far even though more remains to be seen, History Mode looks fun, and I cannot wait to play co-op with my sister. If I had known we were getting this game, I would've played Hyrule Warriors with her while she was renting it so I could get a feel for Warriors-style gameplay. Whatever the price, I will buy all the DLC, but I am hoping for best case scenario where they make the DLC free as an apology for the atrocious PR and contradictory statements. (it could happen, couldn't it? I mean, how many times did IS give free orbs to Heroes players as apologies?). I won't hold my breath, but you know, we need a little truth and hope in our lives to staunch the despair in between. You see what I did there, right? Truth, Despair, and Hope? ;)

Normally I wait a few years or longer after launch before getting a new system, but I'm breaking the mold and buying a Switch just for Fire Emblem Warriors. Luckily there's plenty of other great titles I can get later on to help justify the purchase. I already love this game, I will buy it, and nothing will ever change that. Emblemiers for life!

*If you're scratching your head at this, musou literally means "unrivaled".

The music is amazing, I love it. Especially the remix of Justice from Fates. Celica being confirmed = Echoes remix somewhere in the game.

There's plenty of characters I like in the game such as Marth, Leo, and Caeda via leak for example.

I actually like the graphics and voices ?.

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this game once it's out.

First off, I'm so excited to get another warriors game on the switch. HW was amazing. Super deep, super challenging later on, lot's of staying power, and super fun. The addition of FE mechanics just adds to its depth, and it looks even more fun.

The characters look great. We're a bit low right now, but I know there's more they are holding back. And every single moveset looks fun. From the simple ones like Chrom's to the ones with unique mechanics like the pegasus knight, it all looks really fun to play with. The mages are the ones I'm the most excited about. Their moves seem so freaking cool.

The modes are exactly what we needed. The story mode seems to be designed with replayability in mind (classic mode as an option), which is a step up from HW. If History mode is anything like adventure mode, then I'm ecstatic. And Coliseum mode adds that extra bit of "I just feel like fucking around for a bit and killing some dudes" that it really needs to succeed.

The music is great the game itself is beautiful, and god damn, it's another Nintendo Warriors game. But with a lot of cool new stuff. God damn, I am pumped.

This game has produced some of the most amusing threads on SF

The roster has been getting pretty good lately with some reveals that have really made me excited

I feel like the music for FEW 2 will be great

an actual 3d model of young tiki is very appreciated

the idea of fire emblem warriors was one that I have wanted since hyrule warriors so this game is a dream come trueish

I am quite fond of the ability to give orders to allies

beating up my least favorite characters is ok I guess

That's all the niceness I can think of at the moment, I am happy that this game exists but it is hard for me to say that it's exactly what I wanted.

Generally, the artstyle for it looks pretty good. It's kind of cool to see Hidari Celica alongside everyone else who is Yusuke Kozaki style.

I'm glad Hoshidans aren't getting the short end of the stick after how overrepresented Nohrians were in Heroes.

And while Celica's release came with a lot of controversy, I still think her inclusion is kind of cool.

For now, my mains will probably be:

Sakura, Marth/Celica, Robin, Elise, Corrin

I really do appreciate a little haven like this for the more positive parts of the game. I can totally understand why people would have problems with the game and I respect that, but all the negatively was really getting to me. 

Anyway, I'll fully admit that I'm an Awakening newbie, (though technically I did start with some early chapters of Sacred Stones, but that's neither here nor there) so the roster doesn't bug me as much as it would others. Honestly, I was on this train as soon as I saw Raijinto as one of the five weapons from the initial teaser, as I love Ryoma to death. From what I've seen regarding gameplay, it all looks incredibly solid, so I'm really eager to get my hands on it and try it for myself, since I'm not incredibly familiar with the Musou series. I'm also glad that there's gonna be multiple modes to help increase the game's longevity, so I do hope stuff like History Mode end up pretty meaty, as I think it could be really fun. 

As far as characters go, they honestly all look amazing when it comes to their movesets. I was destined to rep the lobster from the start, but other noteworthy characters for me personally are Robin, Lyn, Takumi, and Marth/Celica. Especially Lyn. I have a very deep love for the Myrmidon and Swordmaster classes, they're easily my favorites as far as classes go, so to have not one but two badass Swordmaster-type characters is great for me. 

The music looks like it'll be top notch stuff, so I'm happy about that. If I'm honest, this actually bugs me more about the limited game representation more then the actual characters, since in my opinion all of the Fire Emblem games have amazing soundtracks so it would've been awesome to see even more songs represented. Still, I do like the soundtracks from the three main games quite a bit all the same, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with that. (I heard an Alight remix in one of the trailers, it sounded great!) And hey, maybe if we're lucky we can get a couple of remixed songs from Echoes or Blazing Sword since Celica and Lyn are here. (Come on, Twilight of the Gods in Warriors would be hype and you know it)

Finally, DLC. Yes, this is a controversial topic, but I'm gonna go with a cautiously optimistic approach here. If the DLC is worthwhile and is reasonably priced, I'll support it, as I'm all for as many characters as possible, and who knows what else could be added via it. Personally hoping for History mode maps corresponding to the respective characters and new music tracks from their games, since as I've already said I love FE music and I always welcome more of it. 

So I guess that about covers it. I'm still incredibly hyped for Warriors, it's the game that made me decide: "Okay, I need a Switch for this" and I'm still very excited for it. October 20th can't come soon enough.

• I like the idea of mowing down hundreds of enemies with ease
  • Lucina's in the game.
  • Lyn's in the game.
  • I like the way Robin despite my complaints
  • I really like the way Lissa fights even if it's not her ideal class
  • I'm looking forward to the support conversation
  • I'm looking forward to the cross over interaction
  • I'm looking forward to Lyn's & Lucina's support & interaction

That's all I got. Now I'm switching back into my whiny bitch mode. Gotta blend in with my surroundings you know?

Edited by Zangetsu

58 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:
  • I like the idea of mowing down hundreds of enemies with ease
  • Lucina's in the game.
  • Lyn's in the game.
  • I like the way Robin despite my complaints
  • I really like the way Lissa fights even if it's not her ideal class
  • I'm looking forward to the support conversation
  • I'm looking forward to the cross over interaction
  • I'm looking forward to Lyn's & Lucina's support & interaction

That's all I got. Now I'm switching back into my whiny bitch mode. Gotta blend in with my surroundings you know?

>Warriors game
>With ease

I understand that this is the normal experience. I just find it funny because all I can think back to is the Twilight Princess map from HW. Jesus fucking christ, the flashbacks.

2 hours ago, Raijinto said:

Finally, DLC. Yes, this is a controversial topic, but I'm gonna go with a cautiously optimistic approach here. If the DLC is worthwhile and is reasonably priced, I'll support it, as I'm all for as many characters as possible, and who knows what else could be added via it. Personally hoping for History mode maps corresponding to the respective characters and new music tracks from their games, since as I've already said I love FE music and I always welcome more of it. 

In HW, the DLC was incredibly priced. You bought a pack of 3 packs for 20 dollars, plus one extra tiny pack that added in a few difficult challenges. Each pack had 2-3 characters and a new adventure map. Altogether, those maps probably more than doubled the amount of content in the game for you to complete, and a lot of it was fairly challenging. Some of the best DLC I've ever bought.

Edited by TheSS

9 hours ago, Gaia093 said:

Did anyone see the new trailer yet? They showed Lyn's Sol Katti crit animation in it - the one where she turned around and created multiple afterimages - and it's pretty much the most glorious thing in the universe.

Yeah, these are my thoughts as well.  Honestly, I've barely been keeping up with the game, so now I'm left wondering if all of the specials are as rad as Lyn's or if it's just a Lyn thing.

28 minutes ago, TheSS said:

>Warriors game
>With ease

I understand that this is the normal experience. I just find it funny because all I can think back to is the Twilight Princess map from HW. Jesus fucking christ, the flashbacks.

Hm? What are you talking about? The Adventure mode whenever there's a TP map?

Music is great! Really loving Conquest ablaze and Road Taken roar. Also that theme of attack from Shadow Dragon is great as well.

Anyways I wanted this game to happen ever since hyrule warriors, and I knew it would be a purchase if it ever came to be. I hoped and prayed that Cordeli would get in despite her lack of plot relevance, but she got in (being the only non-lord or early game party member confirmed besides Anna who is like the mascot of the series behind Marth)

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Hm? What are you talking about? The Adventure mode whenever there's a TP map?

No, they mean the Adventure Mode map that came with the Twilight Princess DLC pack. Everything was absurdly scaled there; it took forever to kill anything and getting hit once ruined your shot at an A-rank.

I couldn't even clear it all until the subsequent DLC upped the level cap.

I'll echo the majority and say I love the music. I think my favorite track at the moment is the remix for Duty.

Despite my dislike at the handling of the PR, I like all the characters that have been included into the game and will likely be playing as them all at one point or another. Favorite characters are M!Robin, Xander and Camilla. Camilla's mount assisting in her combos, Xander's horse being a champion gymnast and M!Robin being able to levitate makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

I like the graphics. Overall, I do think they need to be polished but I still like them.

I'm looking forward to the conversations between characters. I might not be getting my dream M!Robin x Leo but I still want to see what they cook up.

40 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

No, they mean the Adventure Mode map that came with the Twilight Princess DLC pack. Everything was absurdly scaled there; it took forever to kill anything and getting hit once ruined your shot at an A-rank.

I couldn't even clear it all until the subsequent DLC upped the level cap.

And that is part of the reason i hated Adventure mode it became more of a chore then anything near the end.

But for this game I like the music, characters, and I'm interested in seeing how the bond conversations end up 

Heck yeah, a positivity thread!

Anyway, here's what I'm looking forwards to...

1) The music.

2) Tiki, Celica, Robin, Lucina, Lyn, Elise, Hinoka. Might have missed somebody.

3) FE with action gameplay. Outside Echoes.

4) Caeda's name pronunciation.

5) 3D looks pretty great.

6) Potential supports.

Camilla in 3D, I don't need another reason to play. Dragon Riders are always my favorite units in every fire emblem so I'm hoping for Minerva. I pray for DLC Milady (shes carries hard mode in FE 6)

I might rag on the game, but I'm still really exited. Looks like a lot of fun. I'm happy we finally got some 3DS version footage. It might be low res, but at least it looks like it runs smoothly.

Edited by wissenschaft