KT won't tell us how big the roster is.

Dragonage2ftw

From GameFAQ'S

"Uh, it's a secret"

That's one thing I noticed in that fast going livestream chat, that they were asked how many characters there were, and they stated it's a secret. I guess their not directly stating it will be 25, but their not confirming it either, but they also might be hinting at DLC or hidden secret characters unlocked in History Mode.

Also to further back this claim that they said it's a secret.

https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/910742448921395201

Given that we saw Navarre in an accidental leak and he's not one of the box's 25 characters I think it's safe to say there are several more yet to be revealed characters.

But then again with DLC there won't be a definite roster size for several months.

One, please do not bring up the cesspit of GFAQs here. You're talking about the site where the SoV board is predominated by "Clive bad Clive bad Clive very bad very worst worst than anyone" and Fates is "Rinkah bad Rinkah very bad, Camilla is sexy". While Cammy gets her attention here on SF, we try to stay civil and don't beat dead horses or dead onis.

As for the roster size being a secret, no surprise there, why would they want to say it? And it doesn't mean much since people are still going to argue over the roster size and who will be getting in anyhow.

My present interest is in who else we get for OCs. Since the thin crossover narrative is ultimately going to be based around them for the most part. We don't have a villain or named enemy generals who serve said villain yet. All we have is an evil dragon with no name, and nothing else.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One, please do not bring up the cesspit of GFAQs here. You're talking about the site where the SoV board is predominated by "Clive bad Clive bad Clive very bad very worst worst than anyone" and Fates is "Rinkah bad Rinkah very bad, Camilla is sexy". While Cammy gets her attention here on SF, we try to stay civil and don't beat dead horses or dead onis.

As for the roster size being a secret, no surprise there, why would they want to say it? And it doesn't mean much since people are still going to argue over the roster size and who will be getting in anyhow.

My present interest is in who else we get for OCs. Since the thin crossover narrative is ultimately going to be based around them for the most part. We don't have a villain or named enemy generals who serve said villain yet. All we have is an evil dragon with no name, and nothing else.

I browse GFAQs myself though i'm not sure why and you'd be surprised, there's more users common between the two than you'd think.

Either way, i'm not 100% convinced Navarre is playable, or that 23 isn't the final number. I have hope but I want to be pessimistic now to be optimistic later.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No!

The GameFAQ's community is a blessing to us all.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One, please do not bring up the cesspit of GFAQs here.

I second this, though at the same time I know full well that the TC for this thread is an active member of GameFAQs.

Anyway, we already know that the 25 characters theory is false since we've seen Navarre and apparently Azura was half confirmed at TGS, and neither of them are on that box.  So the question more is about whether these characters are NPCs and how many more (if any) there are that we don't know about.

There are currently only about 15 unique movesets, and that's including Tiki and Validar. HW had 24. There's no way there aren't more.

Honestly, I'm thinking that they went ahead and told us most of the big names that are in the game. All other big names, like Ike or Hector, are probably in DLC and have their own dedicated moveset. The remaining cast is probably a bunch of villains and throwaway cast members from the main 3 games, that they felt weren't worth marketing towards us. This is probably where the rest of the unique movesets lie. 

22 minutes ago, TheSS said:

There are currently only about 15 unique movesets, and that's including Tiki and Validar. HW had 24. There's no way there aren't more.

Honestly, I'm thinking that they went ahead and told us most of the big names that are in the game. All other big names, like Ike or Hector, are probably in DLC and have their own dedicated moveset. The remaining cast is probably a bunch of villains and throwaway cast members from the main 3 games, that they felt weren't worth marketing towards us. This is probably where the rest of the unique movesets lie. 

Hyrule Warriors also had several fighters that could use multiple weapons - Link alone has like 7 unique fight styles. This game isn't going to be the same as far as unique movesets, so we might very well be done.

Also RIP Our Boi™

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hyrule Warriors also had several fighters that could use multiple weapons - Link alone has like 7 unique fight styles. This game isn't going to be the same as far as unique movesets, so we might very well be done.

Also RIP Our Boi™

I actually counted alternate weapons in HW's 24. But still, it's a huge difference. I'd be fine with only ~21 in this game, especially if we got a decent number of clones with unique specials, intro animations, appearances and voice lines. But... Well, we'll have to see. I'm praying, man.

33 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I second this, though at the same time I know full well that the TC for this thread is an active member of GameFAQs.

Anyway, we already know that the 25 characters theory is false since we've seen Navarre and apparently Azura was half confirmed at TGS, and neither of them are on that box.  So the question more is about whether these characters are NPCs and how many more (if any) there are that we don't know about.

SHE WAS?!? WHEN!?!?

4 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I actually counted alternate weapons in HW's 24. But still, it's a huge difference. I'd be fine with only ~21 in this game, especially if we got a decent number of clones with unique specials, intro animations, appearances and voice lines. But... Well, we'll have to see. I'm praying, man.

The thing is that the alternate weapons really offset the number of movesets to characters - in a game where everyone only gets one moveset, and already has Celica and Lucina borrowing at least some of their stuff from Marth, I doubt we'll get a huge amount. Here's hoping the predicted 25+ character Roster turns out to be correct and I'm wrong.

Also, as a RoyBoy©, I'm praying too, though I'm also freaking out because I'm worried they'll add Roy in as a Marth semi-clone for the THIRD time.

Edit: concerning Azura

People are jumping to conclusions about a card that we barely see the edges of. Not saying they are wrong or she won't be in, but I am not convinced that was her. Check the "Fire Emblem at TGS" topic to see for yourself.

Edited by Cammy
Idk how to quote on mobile lmao

8 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

SHE WAS?!? WHEN!?!?

Kind of. Someone on discord posted about one of the cards looking like Azura underneath Lyn's, so I included it in my post for the TGS topic. A few others also pointed out it could easily be Caeda. Honestly I think both are in the game, but not wanting to get my hopes up.

as far as that line goes, that is interesting. It really doesn't tell us much, but it's interesting none the less.

12 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

SHE WAS?!? WHEN!?!?

What other people said, it's just speculation based off of something people saw.  I said "soft confirmed" mostly because I didn't really read up on it myself as I simply don't care.

Still, my point stands with Navarre being present, at least.

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Kind of. Someone on discord posted about one of the cards looking like Azura underneath Lyn's, so I included it in my post for the TGS topic. A few others also pointed out it could easily be Caeda. Honestly I think both are in the game, but not wanting to get my hopes up.

as far as that line goes, that is interesting. It really doesn't tell us much, but it's interesting none the less.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

What other people said, it's just speculation based off of something people saw.  I said "soft confirmed" mostly because I didn't really read up on it myself as I simply don't care.

Still, my point stands with Navarre being present, at least.

Oh that, I remember now.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Take that back, GFAQS is amazing. 

People aren't afraid to voice their opinions there, under the umbrella of anonymity. 

Anyways, I'm gonna say that the roster will be a nice, round 30. 

15 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

The thing is that the alternate weapons really offset the number of movesets to characters - in a game where everyone only gets one moveset, and already has Celica and Lucina borrowing at least some of their stuff from Marth, I doubt we'll get a huge amount. Here's hoping the predicted 25+ character Roster turns out to be correct and I'm wrong.

Also, as a RoyBoy©, I'm praying too, though I'm also freaking out because I'm worried they'll add Roy in as a Marth semi-clone for the THIRD time.

Lucina takes from Chrom, not Marth.

17 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

The thing is, if you take into account all the clones (Celica, Lucina, Cordelia, etc..) the roster size is knocked down to 15.

GameFAQs is only good for the quick walkthrough tidbit.

I do think that there's more to the roster than just those on the box art. SD has to have more than just Marth, Caeda and Tiki, and hopefully Navarre, and Awakening sitting at six representatives rubs me the wrong way. Just add in Azura for Fates, and that's Fates done, until we get to the villains.

Say that the final roster size IS 30. Who are the remaining final four characters? Predictions....

I think Azura, Tharja, Camus, and one of the following three (Roy, Ike, or Alm) will make a decent enough roster given the circumstances. 

18 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

People aren't afraid to voice their opinions there, under the umbrella of anonymity. 

Are you also a GameFAQ's member?

Someone just posted that on the FE Warriors GameFAQ's boards.

4 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

...SF is no less anonymous.
Though considering your post history, this is unsurprising.

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

If I remember correctly, you said in the other thread with certainty that it was Caeda in a response to me pointing out the pose.

@Dragonage2ftw Azura is not on the box; Azura is not getting a card. I don't see how it can be any more clear cut.

And here's the original image, BTW:

image.png?width=600&height=423

Compare Caeda's SD art:

image.png

Pose matches up.

Edited by The DanMan

9 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

...SF is no less anonymous.
Though considering your post history, this is unsurprising.

If I remember correctly, things went (spoiled for multiple quotes):

Hide contents

The LE cards line up with the sprites shown on the LE. Azura is not on the LE; therefore, she doesn't have a card.
@Dragonage2ftw I think that settles it.

And here's the original image, BTW:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png?width=600&height=423

People a few years ago were also extremely adamant we were getting a FFVII remake, when it turned out to just be another port. Until it is in concrete proof I am not fully confirming nor denying it. My comment was more of a "the idea of it being Caeda is a lot more likely now", not a "Caeda is confirmed to be on the card". Show me a picture of Caeda exactly on that card, and I will fully say that its Caeda on the card. Until then, we dont know.

For all we know its fucking Shrek.

Really dont know why you felt the need to correct me here.

Edited by Tolvir

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

People a few years ago were also extremely adamant we were getting a FFVII remake, when it turned out to just be another port. Until it is in concrete proof I am not fully confirming nor denying it. My comment was more of a "the idea of it being Caeda is a lot more likely now", not a "Caeda is confirmed to be on the card"

Really dont know why you felt the need to post all of that with the comment. I know what I said. Dont need people trying to correct me.

Between the leak and the pose, I just don't see how it could be anybody else but Caeda. Saying Azura could be there feels a bit like giving people false hope. Sorry if I came off a bit strongly; it just seemed like you backpedaled a bit to be considerate of people expecting Azura to be there... or something.

Edited by The DanMan