So I had my Amazon order messed up anyone have any advice?

EricaofRenais

So I ordered a anime figure in June from Amazon an was told it would ship at the end of July but I had to contact them to find out it was delayed.  I keep contacting them every couple of weeks to find out what is going on and first they tell that  I am at the top of the list for when they get it in, then they tell me that they had a restock but they ran out before they could ship mine.  And last week they tell me it will "ship shortly" and finally charge me for it, but they have yet to ship my figure and are now back to saying they have no idea when they will be able to ship it.  I ordered direct from Amazon not a third party.  I can't find this figure anywhere now so I am stuck trying to get my order filled from Amazon.  Has anyone here had this type of problem and if so how did you get Amazon to fix it?

Edited by EricaofRenais

• EricaofRenais changed the title to So I had my Amazon order messed up anyone have any advice?
On 9/23/2017 at 1:35 PM, eclipse said:

Wrong subforum.  And you're the only person ever to have an order messed up by Amazon (in other words, this is a bad topic title to boot).

I changed the title.  Sorry about putting it in the wrong subforum, I need to remember to wear my glasses more.  

That is what I have been doing, but the customer service is based in India and they have been no help.  I keep hoping that I will be put in contact with someone who can actually speak and read English properly because the people I have talked to before could barely speak English let alone read what I wrote in my complaint.  Honestly because of this I am never ordering direct from Amazon again, at least the other time I had a problem with an order from a third party they were very helpful and fixed the problem right away.  The thing that peeves me the most is they have charged me for my order and won't tell me when they will ship it, not to mention almost 4 months of getting the run around. 

If push comes to shove you may have to contest the charge through your credit card company. However, I have never actually had to do this so I am not sure on the steps. That said I know American Express has a nice little 'dispute/inquire about this charge' link listed with each transaction, so it probably isn't too difficult to start the process.

However, if you do go this route I would make a mention to Amazon about your intents. First it may shape them up quickly, since it costs them money if your credit company has to investigate. And Two, frankly it is just better if they say 'sorry we can't get you your item here is a refund'. Going through the credit company just makes things complicated. However, since you are now charged the clock is ticking. According to google you have 60 days in which to dispute the charge. I would make it clear to Amazon that if you start nearing that cutoff and haven't received the item that you will contest the charge. I would hope Amazon would be better than to try and stall, but if you have a deadline like that it is always good to make it clear.

Those are just the common sense type of advice I have, thankfully I haven't had to go through this so I can't share personal experience.

On 9/30/2017 at 5:44 AM, Usana said:

If push comes to shove you may have to contest the charge through your credit card company. However, I have never actually had to do this so I am not sure on the steps. That said I know American Express has a nice little 'dispute/inquire about this charge' link listed with each transaction, so it probably isn't too difficult to start the process.

However, if you do go this route I would make a mention to Amazon about your intents. First it may shape them up quickly, since it costs them money if your credit company has to investigate. And Two, frankly it is just better if they say 'sorry we can't get you your item here is a refund'. Going through the credit company just makes things complicated. However, since you are now charged the clock is ticking. According to google you have 60 days in which to dispute the charge. I would make it clear to Amazon that if you start nearing that cutoff and haven't received the item that you will contest the charge. I would hope Amazon would be better than to try and stall, but if you have a deadline like that it is always good to make it clear.

Those are just the common sense type of advice I have, thankfully I haven't had to go through this so I can't share personal experience.

They canceled the charge and now are claiming that they finally sent my complaint to the right department and are trying to get more stock to fill my order.  I am really mad about this because since I ordered from them and have waited so long only scalpers are selling what I ordered and I can't afford those prices.  You would think that they would cancel my order rather then act like this, but I all I have gotten is rotten service and I won't be ordering direct from Amazon again unless I have no other option.

Well I used live chat today actually had a person give me an expected ship date of November 20th, which is more then I have received in the past 4 months of this problem.  I really hope they told me the truth I want this figure very much.  I will update when/if I have my figure in my hands.

Update: well I contacted them today to see what was up and now I was told I will get it on December 29th.  But this time I talked to someone who knew what they were doing.  I don't have any choice but to wait and see if they deliver, but I don't have much hope.  I will do my best after this to never order from Amazon unless I have no choice, because any company that puts me through this will not be getting my money.  I just want my Sanzo Figure:(

Edited by EricaofRenais