Warriors Maps - This Ain't It, Is It?

Selena4Lyfe

Hey all!

So at current, we have five maps, two centered around FE: Awakening and three around FE: Fates.  So far, they've covered 5 units in the roster - Lucina (Masked Marth), Fredrick, Hinoka, Takumi, and Camilla.  As much as I've found those maps to be fun, especially the Camilla one on Lunatic, I can't help but wonder.......This can't be it for the entirety of the next month, can it?  Out of 20 characters in the roster, they only touch on 5 of them?  Does that seem a bit anemic to anyone else?  I mean don't get me wrong, I doubt they'll cover all 20 or so characters throughout the month, and roughly 60 orbs - three full summoning sessions - would be beyond generous for IS to give out - I understand that.  But 5 maps over 5 weeks?  If this were lasting for only one or two weeks, I'd have no issue, but for five?  I'm sorry, but that seems just a tad weak to me.  It leaves me wondering if we're going to get more maps in the upcoming weeks?  I think 5 maps a week would be about right for the extent of the roster, and considering there are three full CDs of OST in the Special Edition, I don't think there'd be any shortage of battle/stage themes to cover the month either.  Plus, FE7, Shadow Dragon, and SoV haven't received any love yet where maps are concerned, which would be really odd to me with this serving as a sort of in-game promotion to Warriors.

What are y'alls thoughts on the subject?

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well, SP gain isn't reduced on consecutive plays, so you can play map five on Hard tomorrow and on Saturday and get a literal crapton of SP for your character of choice. That must count for something!

You've got a point there - that map has loads of replay-ability.  Hell, I wanna see if I can get a deathless run/streak on it in Lunatic mode - nearly did it until my Celica died on the second-to-last turn last time I tried. lol 

Anyway, I'm definately gonna be SP grinding my Nephenee and Tana on that map (Tana especially; since I gave her Distant Counter during the previoius GHB, she'll be able to tank (sorta) both those red infantry and cavs and the mages.  w00t!

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

I was hoping these 35 days would be another set of daily maps with 2 orbs each. Great alternative to more traditional login bonuses. Still, the Warriors maps are pretty generous even though we have way too much time to complete them. I personally would have spiced it up with not more orbs, but maybe a feather bonus on the lunatic modes in addition to the single orb reward.

19 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

I don't think there'd be any shortage of battle/stage themes to cover the month either.  Plus, FE7, Shadow Dragon, and SoV haven't received any love yet where maps are concerned, which would be really odd to me with this serving as a sort of in-game promotion to Warriors.

Seeing as how Lyn and Celica are guest characters, I'm not expecting to see any FE7 or SoV maps or music in Warriors itself. Not in the base game anyway.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I was hoping these 35 days would be another set of daily maps with 2 orbs each. Great alternative to more traditional login bonuses. Still, the Warriors maps are pretty generous even though we have way too much time to complete them. I personally would have spiced it up with not more orbs, but maybe a feather bonus on the lunatic modes in addition to the single orb reward.

Seeing as how Lyn and Celica are guest characters, I'm not expecting to see any FE7 or SoV maps or music in Warriors itself. Not in the base game anyway.

when lyn got announced, there was a remix of winds across the plains playing in the background, so she's definitely got something

on the other hand celica just got some song from fates so there might not be anything echoes related

I don't know if they're releasing more maps, but you would think that if it was only these maps, they would have spaced them out instead of giving all of them to us on day one.

I do love these maps, and it would be nice to see more in this style in the future.

At first I was really surprised how trivial these maps are, but then I finally figure it's meant emulate Musou theme. Great think I can grind SP and support points so easily. It's truly relaxing after all infernal madness we are getting... 

Speaking of Musou...

Spoiler

DKPiLo2W4AE1jCV.jpg:large

Not mine, but it still glorious. 

Edited by Tenzen12

These were nice maps, albeit a little frustrating on lunatic at times, but I do hope there are more! I liked that Freddy got one! I defeated Freddy with Freddy on lunatic. Haha. Because Axebreaker. lol

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

These were nice maps, albeit a little frustrating on lunatic at times, but I do hope there are more! I liked that Freddy got one! I defeated Freddy with Freddy on lunatic. Haha. Because Axebreaker. lol

Speaking of Freddy, I'm suddenly disappointed that we don't have a War Maiden Lissa yet in Heroes with a Freddy Axe.  Because that meme should never, ever die. lol

1 minute ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Speaking of Freddy, I'm suddenly disappointed that we don't have a War Maiden Lissa yet in Heroes with a Freddy Axe.  Because that meme should never, ever die. lol

That meme annoys me. Not really because it involves Frederick, more because everyone made a big deal out of a little glitch that is surely fixed by now and won't even be possible in the game we actually buy.

Though it also doesn't help that from now on, Frederick will be equated to this and laughed at...

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

At first I was really surprised how trivial these maps are, but then I finally figure it's meant emulate Musou theme. Great think I can grind SP and support points so easily. It's truly relaxing after all infernal madness we are getting... 

Speaking of Musou...

Hide contents

Is there any reported slowdown from all those units? This is looking like a Ragefest submission. :P

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Speaking of Musou...

Hide contents

what, how even? I know only x amount of reinforcements come in but dang that's a low, actually that guy is screwed cause Elincia is the only one who can attack and she can't move to attack (much less deal damage as I'm guessing she's low leveled due to that hp stat) until someone dies, looking like Corrin

Anyways I liked the maps, and hope they add more as it was honestly short despite there being5-6 of them each with 3 difficulties, somehow I'm able to tackle lunatic levels confidently (maybe because I now have a dream team of Ike, Brave Lucina, Brave Lyn, and Nino, all 5 star level 40)

The maps are great for training tanky units and healers. Let them choke points and have fun watching the generics suicide on your walls. They're also great for Ally Support. Zephiel and Amelia are MVPs here. 

While the maps were fun, even most of the Lunatic maps seemed to be easy. Only Camilla's Lunatic map gave me problems. Maybe it's because I'm running both Brave Ike and Xander on a team. If this is all we get for Warrior maps, it's ok. I'd be fine either way.

Edited by ChaoticHoundoom

I'm not sure if we'll get more maps, but I bet Heroes isn't done with Warriors yet. I'm sure we'll get some free orbs on the game's release date since that happened with Echoes. Part of me is still expecting a banner with some of the units in the game even if we don't get special limited time units. Getting the OCs would be cool though. 

I'm definitely going to try some grinding on these maps. :3

9 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Speaking of Musou...

Reveal hidden contents

Holy shit. That's just chaos.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Which one? Support only counts enemies of lvl 35+, which means maps 5-Hard and up.

Yeah I'm doing Hard 5 where every enemy is level 35. Did it over 20 times already and with 23 enemies every time it should be easy. Unless both units need to get kills?

4 hours ago, Silith13 said:

Can someone confirm this for me? These maps don't seem to count towards support development. I swear I did this map over a dozen times already and am still on B-support.

I got a B support after several repeat maps. I'm almost 100% certain there's a cap to how much support you can gain in a single battle (like how healers cap out on Exp/SP after 8 heals). It's possible that support growth is also reduced here for some reason, I guess.