Caeda and Tiki confirmed.

Jedi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

After the limited edition box leaks continued to be confirmed I feel like she's got basically no chance now, at least in the base game. She seems like a strong candidate for DLC, though. Same goes for Tharja, Ike and maybe some others.

True, but at the same time I'm already kind of ambivalent about the game (I was hoping it'd be closer to Bladestorm than Dynasty Warriors, but alas). Not having Azura would definitely be a back-burner for this game, if not my final reason to not get it out of sheer salt.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

We've seen both enemy knights and (in yesterday's stream) enemy infantry lancers. Couple that with there being a conspicuous space next to Corrin in one of the group shots, and I'd say Azura is a lock.

Eh, I would say that's very circumstantial evidence. Best case and most likely scenario at this point is she'll appear as DLC.

Just now, NoirCore said:

Celica was at least revealed in a Tweet. Maybe they're saving everyone for an English version of the trailer we've been seeing recently?

Yeah, I'd say they're gonna drop a trailer that covers everything they haven't done a 'proper' announcement for internationally.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Doesn't Caeda's spear look kinda familiar? It's not too different from Cordelia's Luna, if you ask me...

I'm pretty sure that's just the basic Steel Lance.

No surprise there. Anyways...

>watches video

>Sees Caeda get dropped to blinking health within 2 minutes

Yikers. That leads to one of three conclusions: Her HP sucks, or her defense sucks, or it's both.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

53 minutes ago, Wolfpack said:

They're wraps.

I really thought Caeda would be using a sword. Guess that leans for the 'too much sword users thing' but that usually doesn't stop them.

I feel like we should all take a moment to appreciate the fact that they had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a character more unique by giving them a sword, and still threw it away. While this was probably a necessary concession to get her in at all looking at the amount of effort she seems to have had put into her, it's still a bit maddening.

In any case, uh, Caeda looks about the same as I expected... and Tiki's implementation seems frankly bizarre, even if I give it points for creativity. Guess all my hopes are riding with Anna now, so hopefully there's more to her than Takumi 1.2.

Tiki and Caeda look really great. They alongside Marth are my 3 favorite Shadow Dragon / NME characters. Tiki's moveset is really cute and she seems like she'll be the comic relief fighter. I think its a nice touch they gave her wings similar to her FE3 sprite. Still, a bit of a letdown that her special is her dragon form rather than it being something the player can toggle, but oh well.

Caeda looks really powerful and fast, though pretty frail. Her special didn't impress me too much either. Still, her base moveset looks extremely flashy and nice.

Really looking forward to their bond conversations with Marth.

Caeda is beautiful and uses lances(Wing Spear in main game? Please?!), that's all I really care about now. Tiki looks great and fun but my girl has my full attention. A bit disappointed that she's a Hinoka/Cordelia clone but she does have some unique moves.

15 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

No surprise there. Anyways...

>watches video

>Sees Caeda get dropped to blinking health within 2 minutes

Yikers. That leads to one of three conclusions: Her HP sucks, or her defense sucks, or it's both.

Arrows murder the hell out of fliers.

48 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

Nice. I wonder if there'll be an Adult!Tiki costume switch a.la the Corrins.

Gameplay wise, Tiki looks a bit eh but I don't think it's soon enough to tell.

Chances of Azura being playable are going down and I'm reaching the bargaining stage of grief.

Sadly, I'm not sure the older Tiki will be an alt, as much as I'd love that. Young Tiki's animations and mannerisms seem too clumsy/silly for her older self. They'd probably have to reanimate her, but I dunno how to reanimate the faceplant into something more composed.

Oh, and what do folks think of Tiki's dragon form? I love how she retains her headpiece, even if it's modified to adapt to her form.

19 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Oh, and what do folks think of Tiki's dragon form? I love how she retains her headpiece, even if it's modified to adapt to her form.

I wonder when it will have a consistent design.

21 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Sadly, I'm not sure the older Tiki will be an alt, as much as I'd love that. Young Tiki's animations and mannerisms seem too clumsy/silly for her older self. They'd probably have to reanimate her, but I dunno how to reanimate the faceplant into something more composed.

I prefer the Awakening model of the Manakete class, simply because I prefer yellow and weedy sea dragon attributes over the gray, bulkier form.

1 minute ago, L9999 said:

I wonder when it will have a consistent design.

True. XP Tiki's flip-flopped between gold feather dragon to bipedal, white, scaly dragon to seahorse dragon to the last two together (wut) to feathery dragon with a tiara. I personally hope she sticks with the Warriors look for both ages (it irked me how she has two differently shaped forms in Heroes, one being a Nowi recolor).

Sorta would love for dragon forms in general to get more attention in the series in terms of art, too, but that's a conversation for another time.

Finally, gameplay of tiki, and I think it looks good too, I am so happy they didn't cheapen her dragon form, this also makes me see the potential of laguz being dlc or fire emblem warriors 2, I hope we get more shifters.

edit: @NoirCore I am more confused as to whether or not tiki has wings, sometimes they are here sometimes not, where did they go in awakening why did she change dragon species in awakening, why can't this series be consistent at all when it comes to every class that transforms. personally though I am very happy with the size of tiki's dragon form in this game, they were actually able to really get the size of it to feel great, almost reminds me of how enormous dragons were in the tellius games.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

7 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Finally, gameplay of tiki, and I think it looks good too, I am so happy they didn't cheapen her dragon form, this also makes me see the potential of laguz being dlc or fire emblem warriors 2, I hope we get more shifters.

edit: @NoirCore I am more confused as to whether or not tiki has wings, sometimes they are here sometimes not, where did they go in awakening why did she change dragon species in awakening, why can't this series be consistent at all when it comes to every class that transforms. personally though I am very happy with the size of tiki's dragon form in this game, they were actually able to really get the size of it to feel great, almost reminds me of how enormous dragons were in the tellius games.

I'm just gonna chalk up Awakening's lack of wings ever showing up to just a bizarre exception, while Corrin can shapeshift parts and is sorta different for dragon standards and Heroes just has limited art. Otherwise, manaketes that have shown for a considerable amount of time (so Duma and Morva are excluded, for example) typically show their wings.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Doesn't Caeda's spear look kinda familiar? It's not too different from Cordelia's Luna, if you ask me...

I mean it might be considering the Weapons seem to be universal for character, outside of character specific weapons so maybe Luna isn't Cordelia's character weapon or she just doesn't have one.  

Well, seeing as the limited edition sprites are being confirmed one after the other... My next guess is that they're going to reveal Anna (And maybe Azura) the next time they show footage. Anna will obviously be a bow user thanks to the sprite given on the box and Azura will be a lance user. My question is... why not more axe users? Assuming Freddy is only a boss unit, That would leave Camilla and Lissa left. They have 3 spear users, 4 magic users, 2 bow users and the rest are sword users. Really not helping the whole "trying to not have everyone use swords" deal when almost 60% of your current cast use them. They could have totally given one of the new lords an axe and the other a lance.

3 minutes ago, Nep Nep said:

They could have totally given one of the new lords an axe and the other a lance.

Honestly, that's what I was hoping for the promotion/class change system to do. Let the main male character use Lances and the main female character use Axes...sadly, that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

Someone on Reddit raised an interesting point. What if, a lot of the SD characters are recruitable bosses? It makes sense. Navarre started that archetype, and we know he's in. This would make up for SD's lack of characters.

I just can't get over how gorgeous Caeda and Tiki's renders are. Ooh, I can't wait to see them interact alongside Marth! And on that note, I'm going to go play SD. Chapter 8...don't hurt me.

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

I was about to post the image of that, actually:

Reveal hidden contents

chara24_03.jpg

This is adorable. If this was shown during the stream, then I'm super sad that I missed it. Please let this mean they'll have a support conversation! That would be a relationship unexplored in a base game that I would be interested to see.

Actually, speaking of supports I'm hoping for, I wonder if Tiki and Lucina will have one? I believe the Awakening characters are taken from some time before meeting adult Tiki, so I'm not sure if the support would have anything related to that, but it would still be cool to see regardless. It would be great to see Tiki getting confused by the two "Marths".

Can Draug, Cain, Abel, Gordin and Jagen PLEASE make it in??? ;-;

I want to see them get unexplored relationships that Caeda + Tiki are getting! Give Cain and Abel an actual support along with Draug X Gordin support. 

3 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

Can Draug, Cain, Abel, Gordin and Jagen PLEASE make it in??? ;-;

I want to see them get unexplored relationships that Caeda + Tiki are getting! Give Cain and Abel an actual support along with Draug X Gordin support. 

To this day, it still shocks me that the original Christmas Knights have never had a support together...