Caeda and Tiki confirmed.

Jedi

1 minute ago, PersonWithTime said:

Oh God, Breath of the Wild flashbacks. But yeah Tiki's voice is... off to me... was she even British in Awakening? I don't remember her being British.

She was; had a clear stereotypical high-class accent. Not sure why so many people are acting like this is new; granted, it's definitely more noticeable here due to actual, fully voiced lines.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, The DanMan said:

She was; had a clear stereotypical high-class accent. Not sure why so many people are acting like this is new; granted, it's definitely more noticeable here due to actual, fully voiced lines.

I guess that makes sense then. Her Awakening voice was definitely not what I heard when I played Marth's games. But I liked it in a weird sounding way. More then my cousin that is... my cousin who never played Shadow Dragon or Mystery of the Emblem (just Awakening) said she wasn't a fan of Tiki because she thought she sounded high all the time...

21 hours ago, Namarid said:

This. I hate tiki's voice. I never really noticed it in Heroes since I rarely used her but goddamn does it make me cringe.

I'll think over it during the week but I may be getting warriors earlier than expected.

This is awkward...I like Tiki's voice and it doesn't make me cringe. o.o I think Mela Lee did a fine job voicing her, and honestly, for English accents to only be thrown on characters of the stereotype (Laslow, Virion, Jakob) and not normal characters once in a couple of whiles is unrealistic, even if I understand why due to American VA studios and such.

19 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

This is awkward...I like Tiki's voice and it doesn't make me cringe. o.o I think Mela Lee did a fine job voicing her, and honestly, for English accents to only be thrown on characters of the stereotype (Laslow, Virion, Jakob) and not normal characters once in a couple of whiles is unrealistic, even if I understand why due to American VA studios and such.

It's because she reminds me of a studio Ghibli character with that voice and I'm not a fan of their work. 

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

But tiki does fall in the stereotype, she is a mystical character and they gave her the accent to make her seem more mystical, its like having a fairy appear in something that takes place in america, and they give it the accent to give it a more mystical feel. If the accent was thrown onto severa it wouldn't feel like they were trying to make her more interesting or magical she would just have an accent and that would be the end of it.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

But tiki does fall in the stereotype, she is a mystical character and they gave her the accent to make her seem more mystical, its like having a fairy appear in something that takes place in america, and they give it the accent to give it a more mystical feel. If the accent was thrown onto severa it wouldn't feel like they were trying to make her more interesting or magical she would just have an accent and that would be the end of it.

Forgot to specify English stereotype. At least the mystical stereotype is different. But eh, you do you.