Azura deconfirmed

The DanMan

14 minutes ago, Iridium said:

i-

i don't even have words

what the puck was the point of having fates as a focus game if you're only going to focus on royals and then go out of your way to ignore the royal with the most interesting potential for a moveset

the one saving grace is that since she's probably dlc now they might be able to do her right instead of somehow making her a sword user

Well, the point of making Fates a focus probably was exactly so they could focus on the Hoshidan and Nohrian royals. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were to tell me "Azura's being cut due to time constraints" i would've been less upset because i know stuff like that happens. But saying that there'd be too many Fates characters is a reason to cut arguably the most important character in Fates is absolute bullshit.

Imagine if Hyrule Warriors didn't have Zelda. That's basically what's happening here.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, it's apparently the reason Lyn got in.

Apparently, but not the reason everyone got in. I actually don't even remember anyone confirming the CYL poll impacted Warriors, though again, I don't remember.

10 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

You really do love throwing in the Heroes poll for Warriors stuff. XP

Yeah I can agree that using the Heroes poll is good indicator but I wouldn't consider it a actual poll result for making decisions due to the fact during the voting you could vote for a character continuously hence a Smash Roy fan could just voted for him over and over again and just out of the mere fact it's a mobile game thus more accessible to those that aren't even just FE fans. I mean Roy wasn't even in the top 10 for Famitsu's poll. Keep in mind even Ephraim defeated Chrom yet it was so close and that was before the multiplier became ridiculous.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

If you were to tell me "Azura's being cut due to time constraints" i would've been less upset because i know stuff like that happens. But saying that there'd be too many Fates characters is a reason to cut arguably the most important character in Fates is absolute bullshit.

Imagine if Hyrule Warriors didn't have Zelda. That's basically what's happening here.

I agree with this.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If Azura really was supposed to be the main character of Fates, then IS did a pretty crap job of conveying it in the game.

Actually, stuff like this is probably why we should just have a playable Mark for an Avatar in future games.

@Anacybele

I thought Lyn was shoehorned in to appease all the veterans who were bellyaching about the lack of non-3DS representation.  I would've quoted you, but I forgot, and I cant edit it in.  XP

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Apparently, but not the reason everyone got in. I actually don't even remember anyone confirming the CYL poll impacted Warriors, though again, I don't remember.

The Heroes poll yes was a reason for why she got in the game but even then she has continuously done good in always getting in the top 5 in other various polls where as Roy is more of a oddity when he's not even making top 10 in other polls outside his game.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

I rather like Azura so its pretty disappointing. I think they could have easily cut out one of the little sisters and added Azura in her place.

On the other hand I do accept that she was left out to avoid to many Fates characters. Fates already dwarfs the other games in terms of representation to a significant degree. I like the game but considering Fates is more controversial then Awakening and lacks its ''savior of the series' reputation I think its prevalence over Awakening is already hard to justify. Adding yet another character would make it even harder.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

The Heroes poll yes was a reason for why she got in the game but even then she has continuously done good in always getting in the top 5 in other various polls where as Roy is more of a oddity when he's not even making top 10 in other polls outside his game.

I think that can be attributed to most of his fans being from Smash. And a lot of those fans aren't fans of FE, so they wouldn't have known about the FE polls.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

If Azura really was supposed to be the main character of Fates, then IS did a pretty crap job of conveying it in the game.

I mean, this IS Fates we're talking about. But yeah, Intelligent Systems does consider Azura to be the main protagonist.

Fates has more major characters, that's why it has more reps than the other games. And even then, there are characters from Awakening and SD that could've been added to balance the roster more too. Tharja, Stahl, or Sully for Awakening maybe, and Minerva, Merric, Linde, etc. for SD.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I rather like Azura so its pretty disappointing. I think they could have easily cut out one of the little sisters and added Azura in her place.

On the other hand I do accept that she was left out to avoid to many Fates characters. Fates already dwarfs the other games in terms of representation to a significant degree. I like the game but considering Fates is more controversial then Awakening and lacks its ''savior of the series' reputation I think its prevalence over Awakening is already hard to justify. Adding yet another character would make it even harder.

I mean sure I can understand a 'too many Fates argument', it's just that I get annoyed when they say that when 3 of Fates characters are clones of someone else and now they're ignoring someone with unique moveset potential because of it. I love Elise and Sakura don't get me wrong but I would have traded them for Azura in a heartbeat.

I feel like this was a lose lose situation for the devs anyway. Include her and people would be disappointed because even more Fates. Don't include her and people are disappointed because she held so much potential.

5 minutes ago, Lau said:

I think that can be attributed to most of his fans being from Smash. And a lot of those fans aren't fans of FE, so they wouldn't have known about the FE polls.

Exactly, but that's the reason FE Heroes makes it a lot more easier for Smash fans even want to pick up because it's free and rather casual and as I said the Heroes voting was really exploitable out of the mere fact you can vote for the same character everday hence why you see such ludicrous characters like Dorcas and Donnel so high.

Here's the Famitsu poll.

Image result for fire emblem famitsu poll

Image result for fire emblem famitsu poll

2 minutes ago, Dengres said:

I feel like this was a lose lose situation for the devs anyway. Include her and people would be disappointed because even more Fates. Don't include her and people are disappointed because she held so much potential.

I mean, I think it's fair to say they've been shooting themselves in the foot consecutively for a few months now. At this point, I'm curious as to whether the game'll flop due to heavy backlash ('bad' roster, clones, compared to MvC:I) or be a huge success (virtually no competition on the Switch, strong Fire Emblem fanbase, especially with Awakening/Fates audience). Reviews came in and they're pretty good, although Famitsu's credibility shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

2 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I mean, I think it's fair to say they've been shooting themselves in the foot consecutively for a few months now. At this point, I'm curious as to whether the game'll flop due to heavy backlash ('bad' roster, clones, compared to MvC:I) or be a huge success (virtually no competition on the Switch, strong Fire Emblem fanbase, especially with Awakening/Fates audience). Reviews came in and they're pretty good, although Famitsu's credibility shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

Most people don't care a bit about the PR.
It's not going to be one or the other; it will be in-between.

Fucking really? Oh, we have too many fates. Who do we exclude?. LETS EXCLUDE THE LANCE WIELDER! WE DONT NEED ANY OF THOSE!

Seriously though, the bs reasons Koei keeps throwing out is kind of pissing me off at this point. Did we really need Celica? Another sword user, and a clone on top of it? I would of gladly reduced Celica to DLC status for us to get Azura, or at least someone that is an infantry lance user, which there are only a handful of in the entire series.

On top of this, this is like if Koei did a FF Warriors, and decided FFVII was one of the main game. Then decided that they are going to cut Tifa, because there are too many Fates characters. First off, why was Tifa not one of the very first in development? Second, why exclude the 2nd most important character? You can replace all of that with Fates and Azura. That is literally what just happened. What the hell.

Maybe she stands a chance in DLC, but probably not if they are already saying "too much Fates". Well who decided every royal needed to be in Koei?

Edited by Tolvir

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Fucking really? Oh, we have too many fates. Who do we exclude?. LETS EXCLUDE THE LANCE WIELDER! WE DONT NEED ANY OF THOSE!

Seriously though, the bs reasons Koei keeps throwing out is kind of pissing me off at this point. Did we really need Celica? Another sword user, and a clone on top of it? I would of gladly reduced Celica to DLC status for us to get Azura, or at least someone that is an infantry lance user, which there are only a handful of in the entire series.

Maybe she stands a chance in DLC, but probably not if they are already saying "too much Fates". Well who decided every royal needed to be in Koei?

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject. Like out of all the people to cut from Fates because 'too many from Fates' you choose her? The character practically gift wrapped with a unique moveset? Seriously? And with DLC having a likely chance of being characters from other than the main 3 my hopes plummet more and more every minute. It's just disappointing.

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

They care so little about Azura now.

When did they ever care about her? During the days of Fates' marketing, perhaps? I mean, she doesn't really do much in the game proper, and when they realized the had failed to make the next Lucina, they sort of stopped pushing her.

6 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@Tolvir I just think it's funny that IS agreed to this.
They care so little about Azura now.

This seems like an early decision, while Celica and Lyn's inclusions were almost certainly late ones.

Which is really kind of silly. Azura should of been among the first characters actually developed if they actually cared about 1. The weapon triangle and weapon balance, and 2. Character's relationship to the main lord and importance. Hello! Azura is one of the most important of Fates, and builds a very strong relationship with Corrin throughout.

Up to this point I was really kind of eh to their decision making process. Kind of a whatever, but kind of stupid. Now this pisses me off. Im not a huge Azura fan if I am to be honest, she was kind of boring. But she has the most unique possible moveset of all the Fates characters. And they cut her so we can have more swords and the little sisters. Yay.

Not cancelling pre orders or anything, but Im definitely not amused. Who the hell are they going to include as an infantry lancer? Fates was their only option. At this point we probably have none, which is pure bs.

45 minutes ago, Dengres said:

I feel like more people would've been happy to have her than not though.

I canceled my special edition pre order. I no longer care enough about the game to get it. I still have a regular copy on hold though. But I don't know if I'll even keep that.

Edited by Anacybele

While not the outcome I was hoping for, this does not surprise me with the amount of BS that has been going on with the decisions and reveals. I honestly think Azura, an infantry lance user, is pretty important in terms of weapon triangle, and she was fairly important to the plot of Fates. If there was anyone to make NPCs, it would be the little sisters (Elise and Sakura), especially since they just seem to be clones of the little brothers (Leo and Takumi). If there was anyone to cut, it would be Celica and Lyn. I love the two to death, but their inclusion goes against everything thus far. I much rather have a polished roster of three titles, as originally stated, than Awakening & Fates + Marth & Friends + Lyn + Celica.

So yeah, when I read that the developers themselves were throwing a riot and saying "You know nothing of a Fire Emblem game!" they were pretty much right. The fans are having the same thoughts now and are questioning the decisions behind Fire Emblem Warriors.

*sigh* At least there's a chance for Azura in the DLC, or to show up as an NPC character (although I doubt the latter). So far, the statements "We wanted to focus on three titles" and "We wanted to focus on the Weapon Triangle" are completely pointless. I guess I'll just see what the game itself has in store when it releases and navigate the news on my sea of salt.

Edited by Sire

1 minute ago, Thane said:

When did they ever care about her? During the days of Fates' marketing, perhaps? I mean, she doesn't really do much in the game proper, and when they realized the had failed to make the next Lucina, they sort of stopped pushing her.

and yet they're still pushing all eight royals when literally only camilla even comes close so