Azura deconfirmed

The DanMan

Just now, Armagon said:

That wasn't the reason, and if it was, i would much prefer that reason over the one they've given us. Sometimes, characters don't get in due to time constraints. Understandable. However, the reason they've given is garbage. Too many Fates characters, i get it. But don't cut the character that's arguably the most important to the game, next to Corrin.

I didn't know their reasoning so thanks for telling it. I think these reasons are just excuses. First, they said we're going to focus on Fates, Awakening and Shadow Dragon due to too many swords. Guess what, there were too many sword characters yet they still added two more swords from outside the focus so that couldn't have been the legit reason. Now they say too many Fates characters even though they wanted to focus on Fates in the first place and haven't even included the 2nd most important Fates character. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yeah, the Capcom side is pretty good, but the Marvel side is just movie shilling due to Marvel Meddling. 

20 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I would argue this, but Marvel's side is so much worse. You're already in hot water when you didn't put in any of the X-Men, but not adding Logan & Wade? That's just a deal breaker there.

I'm not cool with the capcom reps either. Some cuts I can get over, like Amaterasu. No Okami games have been released since 3, the game's creators don't work at Capcom anymore, makes sense. I can live with that cut. But Spencer? Bionic Commando 2009 was not a good game by any stretch of the imagination, and again, no games in this series have been released since 3. Furthermore I assume their game needed to fill more of a villain quota since they cut so many Marvel villains, so we have to choose between Nemesis or Wesker. I'm sorry, Nemesis was not the right call. Wesker is iconic. He steals the show in every game he's in. Nemesis is one of many Tyrant monsters in Resident Evil that all look like each other and have mutating arms. Boring.

Also, who in the world even cares about Firebrand? I'm one of those nerds and I still wanted to just have Arthur and that's it. Say what you want about the Marvel side, but at least they got some new faces despite all the down-sizing. Brand managing, shilling faces. Capcom got X and another Darkstalkers weirdo. 

The next time I want to see MvC: I mentioned is when there's a FE rep in there.  Or if Rowan becomes a crossover.  Or SOMETHING that makes it relevant to the actual topic, which is a lack of Azura in FE: Warriors.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

As horrible the P.R & the marketing strategy is, it's nowhere as bad as MVC: I. Especially since there's still plenty of fan favorites in the game.

Whilst I agree the backlash isn't as bad as MVC:I, I'd be hard pressed claiming that it's 'nowhere near as bad'. MVC:I has many fan favourites, but that doesn't alleviate the overall disappointing roster which both games suffer from. On top of negative reception however, MVC:I's DLC practices were more conspicuous and abusive. 

Edit: oops. Well I didn't read the latest page. 

Edited by SlipperySlippy

I think Azura wasn't included because, if you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Azura, case and point, is a favorite because she has a lance and she's really fast, right? So more technical players, all they want to do is stab things and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Cordelia can do the same thing, Hinoka can do the same thing. Caeda can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

Though really excluding Azura still makes no sense no matter how you view it.

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I didn't know their reasoning so thanks for telling it. I think these reasons are just excuses. First, they said we're going to focus on Fates, Awakening and Shadow Dragon due to too many swords. Guess what, there were too many sword characters yet they still added two more swords from outside the focus so that couldn't have been the legit reason. Now they say too many Fates characters even though they wanted to focus on Fates in the first place and haven't even included the 2nd most important Fates character. 

It's especially shit when you consider that Azura would've been an infantry lancer, which we don't have a playable character for as of now.

23 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I have a feeling she wasn't included due to being different making her harder to develop compared to a clone. 

Yup, God forbid making an actual unique character.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That wasn't the reason, and if it was, i would much prefer that reason over the one they've given us. Sometimes, characters don't get in due to time constraints. Understandable. However, the reason they've given is garbage. Too many Fates characters, i get it. But don't cut the character that's arguably the most important to the game, next to Corrin.

I thought you hated the Fate's story? Still a reason but I'm surprise you're using that argument.

Edited by Zangetsu

Just now, Zangetsu said:

I thought you hated the Fate's story? Still a reason but I'm surprise you're using that argument.

You don't have to like something to recognise when something stupid is being done. I've soured on Awakening a lot over the years, but if they hadn't included Lucina I'd be shaking my head at the idiocy of it.

Wow...that...that...that sucks. I can understand not wanting to have too many Fates characters but out of all of them...the most unique one. Quite unfortunate. If anything, she's great DLC material. It could have been worse, though...like having Shigure instead but him being yet another Peg Knight clone.

Hayashi, what happened? You and the team did so well with HW and HW Legends. What went so wrong here? Was it too much meddling from IS? Were you tired? What happened here?

Honestly, now I'm quite curious on what was the roster they made before IS told them crap like "put in Lucina, shoehorn Lyn and Celica", etc.

I really hope the eventual datamine can give us some...better news, otherwise...the DLC or the eventual Legends version in a year better be quite good to help "fix" things with the current roster. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Magus of Flowers said:

You don't have to like something to recognize when something stupid is being done. I've soured on Awakening a lot over the years, but if they hadn't included Lucina I'd be shaking my head at the idiocy of it.

I mean she's a clone but there's wasn't barely any backlash on that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only who had a problem with that at the time.

In any case, I'm very curious on what's going on with KT & IS with their marketing strategy.

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about this one :/. I didn't like her as a character and Fates has more than enough reps (look at poor Shadow Dragon) yet she's unique while the little sisters aren't. Water controlling Lancer would have been neat to play as. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hayashi, what happened? You and the team did so well with HW and HW Legends. What went so wrong here? Was it too much meddling from IS? Were you tired? What happened here?

Don't pin this one of IS. From this information it seems the only thing IS is guilty of here is not intervening. 

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I mean she's a clone but there's wasn't barely any backlash on that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only who had a problem with that at the time.

Nope, I didn't like it either. Still don't.

Honestly, now I'm quite curious on what was the roster they made before IS told them crap like "put in Lucina, shoehorn Lyn and Celica", etc.

Probably "the current roster minus Lucina, Lyn, and Celica". Seeing as all three are clones, they probably didn't take development time away from anybody substantial.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

or the eventual Legends version in a year better be quite good to help "fix" things with the current roster. 

Could they really do a Legends version? An Xtreme Legends sure, but Legends only worked because the 3DS gots its release of the game later and the 3DS was popular. Now that Ninty is unfortunately moving towards a monosystem approach from all we can see, I don't see Legends happening again.

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think Azura wasn't included because, if you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Azura, case and point, is a favorite because she has a lance and she's really fast, right? So more technical players, all they want to do is stab things and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Cordelia can do the same thing, Hinoka can do the same thing. Caeda can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

Though really excluding Azura still makes no sense no matter how you view it.

Ha, well meme sir.

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Wow, you & I are agreeing on something here. How bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Probably "the current roster minus Lucina, Lyn, and Celica". Seeing as all three are clones, they probably didn't take development time away from anybody substantial.

Apparently, so are Hinoka, Cordelia, & Caeda.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Don't pin this one of IS. From this information it seems the only thing IS is guilty of here is not intervening. 

Nope, I didn't like it either. Still don't.

Oh right, we were arguing about whether Lucy should use a bow or not. Still think she should've use a spear especially since Brave counterpart shows that it works.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Both parties are at fault here. It only keeps proving that Hayashi really doesn't get Fire Emblem like his team mentioned before. Maybe Zelda is more of his forte. Honestly, they just keep shooting themselves in the foot with this game and they don't seem to realize it or...maybe they do realize it but hope that the casual audience would eat it up anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I mean, i don't hate Fates' story but there's no denying that it's story is pretty terrible.

Luckily, i prefer the characters, and Fates' characters are all pretty decent (except Peri).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i don't hate Fates' story but there's no denying that it's story is pretty terrible.

Luckily, i prefer the characters, and Fates' characters are all pretty decent (except Peri).

Well I mean Conquest is for sure yea, but it still kinda standard as far I'm concern.

I don't think I'll ever understand the hate on Peri especially since some of the cast of the game were more bland. Of course bland shouldn't necessarily mean a "I hate it bcuz it offended me" reaction.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Could they really do a Legends version? An Xtreme Legends sure, but Legends only worked because the 3DS gots its release of the game later and the 3DS was popular. Now that Ninty is unfortunately moving towards a monosystem approach from all we can see, I don't see Legends happening again.

If it sells enough, I could see it happen. Fates/Awakening/Waifu drones would get it anyway. It'd be more of an apology version, though. They must be aware that their roller coaster of crazy decisions has soured quite a few Fire Emblem fans. If we aren't getting a Legends version then some very awesome DLC packs to help things up.

14 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Oh right, we were arguing about whether Lucy should use a bow or not. Still think she should've use a spear especially since Brave counterpart shows that it works.

It makes a bit more sense than you'd think though. Firstly, Chrom passes Archer on to her in her class set, so she's always had the ability to use bows. Secondly, while they're non canon, Lucina seems to use bows fairly frequently in other crossovers (oddly enough, she seems to have a bit of a preference for Nidhogg, did Lucy rob the Frelians?).

On the actual topic of Azura though, It's not just that her move set would have been really unique within the cast. They've shown they're fine with taking things from other games, so they easily could have taken elements from Sheik's harp moveset and just given them different visuals for Azura.

Edited by Ildanach

If it sells enough, I could see it happen. Fates/Awakening/Waifu drones would get it anyway. It'd be more of an apology version, though. They must be aware that their roller coaster of crazy decisions has soured quite a few Fire Emblem fans. If we aren't getting a Legends version then some very awesome DLC packs to help things up.

Well Dynasty Warriors even in the modern era with DLC had done Xtreme Legends, they aren't exactly DLC, more like games that count as expansion packs with new modes and other stuff, including new characters and weapons. You can transfer your data from from the base game to these as well.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't think I'll ever understand the hate on Peri especially since some of the cast of the game were more bland. Of course bland shouldn't necessarily mean a "I hate it bcuz it offended me" reaction.

The problem with Peri is that she has few, if any, redeeming character traits to compensate for being a serial killer who seems reluctant to understand the concept of morality.

Ghast Station did an entire Support Science video highlighting her problems.

5 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

It makes a bit more sense than you'd think though. Firstly, Chrom passes Archer on to her in her class set, so she's always had the ability to use bows. Secondly, while they're non canon, Lucina seems to use bows fairly frequently in other crossovers (oddly enough, she seems to have a bit of a preference for Nidhogg, did Lucy rob the Frelians?).

Yes, I'm aware of her reclassing having archer but her Great Lord class has specifically using a spear.

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The problem with Peri is that she has few, if any, redeeming character traits to compensate for being a serial killer who seems reluctant to understand the concept of morality.

Ghast Station did an entire Support Science video highlighting her problems.

Except she does? Especially in Laslow's support.

Edited by Zangetsu

21 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Both parties are at fault here. It only keeps proving that Hayashi really doesn't get Fire Emblem like his team mentioned before. Maybe Zelda is more of his forte. Honestly, they just keep shooting themselves in the foot with this game and they don't seem to realize it or...maybe they do realize it but hope that the casual audience would eat it up anyway. 

The excessive use of clones is my main beef with it.

14 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Comments like that don't really help anyone, do they?