I Just Realized This Game Releases in 6 Days

I know some of you here have been keeping the Japanese launch date in mind since it was announced, but I have not at all. And now, I'm like "Wow." Not "Wow!", just "Wow." No enthusiasm, I'm more dumbstruck, not so much from revulsion, as mystification. Things just don't feel complete, like the game should be months away. I know they can't reveal everything beforehand, but they should give a well rounded feeling of what the final package is going to be like. Yet here we are amused, confused, and mixed in our thoughts. And soon, all our doubts and speculations, fears and expectations, all will resolved. A spot shall remain for DLC guessing, but otherwise, here will be Fire Emblem Warriors, this is what it is

You don't need to match my "prosetry", but what are your thoughts and feelings on just everything and anything about this game so close to release? 

If anyone wants a specific countdown topic, I'll convert the title of this topic to "Countdown until Japanese Release of FEW" if asked.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

its so strange when people say everything looks unpolished when the most we got from gameplay is some battle animations and very few modes. they still havent shown a thing for the story mode, or things like dragon veins in action.

Yeah, the promotion of this game seems weird to me.

I think partly because the reason the hype feels low may be due to lack of story being shown, or maybe the cast?

Idk, I know they haven't revealed every character, but it seems weird to end it with a short clip of Caeda and TIki.

I have stated this multiple times, but I do not feel like I am getting the product that I was told I would be getting. There was supposedly a focus on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates, but in reality things currently seem to be more like Awakening & Fates + Marth & Friends + Lyn + Celica. Then, there was also a "focus" on the weapon triangle, but now we have an absurd number of sword users. I love Lyn and Celica, but I much rather have them through DLC with unique movesets and have the base roster have more weapon variety. Of course, I may just of had my expectations in the wrong place. I feel like Fire Emblem Warriors is a repeat of Fire Emblem Fates as it had huge potential, but as more things are revealed that "potential" is lost and fans are left behind with "what could have been."
At this point, I want to see the full base roster. I know Navarre appears in a cutscene and his presence may mean there are other "hidden characters" in Warriors we do not know about. There are still plenty missing, such as a lance infantry, a knight unit, and the Villains (including the OCs, if any), so the game does not feel "complete" to me thus far.

While I am sure the game is will be good and enjoyable, these reveals and decisions have been rather frustrating. At least I can look forward to the awesome remixes being thrown up on Youtube when the game is released proper.

That we are obviously missing something here. Something is not being told to us. Something is being kept a secret. Or there is something we missed. Nothing is really adding up.

I saw someone make an excellent point eariler with all our lancers being Pegasus. If there is a lance user in a room with a bow user, you are better off sending anyone else. ALL of our lance users are weak to bows and axes. That is not a good thing from both a gameplay standpoint, and a development standpoint. I cant believe that Koei could make such a huge oversight, therefore there has to be some other lance user.

As far as the roster goes, this cant be it. I really dont think this is it. They said larger than Hyrule, but when we take into account all the clones, and all the seperate movesets Hyrule had, you really cannot make that claim outside of a technicality. There has to be more to the roster. Why else did they say they felt a lot of pressure with getting it done in time? How? Half the roster are clones, how hard is that to really do? Something isnt adding up there.

That is what I am feeling. Confusion with a bit of a feeling that it just isnt adding up, that something is missing. If I am wrong, and this IS our final roster, this is all we are getting, then this game feels very, very empty. Im still looking forward to it, but I cant exactly say I am as hyped as I once was.

Edited by Tolvir

I just want to see what's available aside from what we've got.  There is undoubtedly more.  At least one more character than they intended to showcase, and obviously more story, challenges, Coliseum, and History mode.  And this isn't just me being hopeful or desperate or skeptical or whatever other reason people would say "but there's more, right?"; it's pretty evident that there's more.  Part of that comes down to the simple fact that no dev wants to show the entire game before release, but it's also in how secretive they've been.

And in retrospect, I honestly wish I had only jumped on this hype train today rather than little over half a year ago.  In any event, we'll know everything in the coming weeks, if only due to the people in Japan playing it and "spoiling" the game's untold secrets.  Since I have neither preordered a Japanese version of the game or bought a Switch, I'll just have to look forward to that.