FE Warriors villains could be (hopefully free) DLC?

RotomGuy

Mere days after Hyrule Warriors was released, it was announced that the game's three villains, Cia, Volga and Wizzro were coming to the game as free DLC. The three were in the game with their own movesets already so it was presumably easy.

Now onto Fire Emblem Warriors. Validar is confirmed to be appearing with a model, and a moveset. I very highly doubt he'll be alone. Garon from Fates is almost certain and I think we'll see Camus from Shadow Dragon too. Then, hopefully, the three should be added to the game for free after release, giving us three more unique movesets!

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Validar has been assumed to be a Robin clone, so that unique moveset bit is iffy until we see more footage.

Well I guess there would be semi-justification for that but it'd make Validar even less appealing as a character.

2 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

Well I guess there would be semi-justification for that but it'd make Validar even less appealing as a character.

As you did say though Garon & Camus would be unique, so even if Validar turns out to not be (I can't be sure tbh). 

I'm still living on a prayer for Camus.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

As you did say though Garon & Camus would be unique, so even if Validar turns out to not be (I can't be sure tbh). 

I'm still living on a prayer for Camus.

Camus would be great but he's not nearly certain. I was actually going to suggest the possibility of Gharnef being the SD villain, and being a clone of Validar. It'd at least be a dark magic moveset, but still i'd prefer Camus.

3 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I personally wouldn't object to medeus, could be another dragonstone user and would stand out way more than garnef. 

Imagine KT puts Medeus... but as a clone of Tiki. It would be hilarious (and would salt even more fans XD).

36 minutes ago, Timeman said:

Imagine KT puts Medeus... but as a clone of Tiki. It would be hilarious (and would salt even more fans XD).

Good thing I don't much care for Medeus. I'd laugh, then I'd shed a single tear that is lightly uncaring.

6 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

Camus would be great but he's not nearly certain. I was actually going to suggest the possibility of Gharnef being the SD villain, and being a clone of Validar. It'd at least be a dark magic moveset, but still i'd prefer Camus.

As a Warriors fan, I still want someone who could be a proper Lu Bu allegory, I also really like Camus.

36 minutes ago, Jedi said:

As a Warriors fan, I still want someone who could be a proper Lu Bu allegory, I also really like Camus.

The closest thing to a Lu Bu with the existing FE characters would be Walhart and he was sorta doing that in Awakening already. All Camus really cared for in SD was Grust. Nyna was a very distant second. 

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Really are you sure about that?

I think it'd only upset people if Medeus pranced around and turned into a Divine Dragon.

It was a joke, man. Don't take it seriously XD.

This game has villains?

How strange, and here I thought the heroes were fighting against each other and a nameless legion of somethings that spring out of a void for no reason.

I like playable villains. But we simply don't know enough about the game to say whether they'll be playable, and if so, how and when.

On 9/23/2017 at 3:00 PM, RotomGuy said:

Validar is confirmed to be appearing with a model, and a moveset. I very highly doubt he'll be alone. Garon from Fates is almost certain and I think we'll see Camus from Shadow Dragon too.

That they chose Vali over Waly or Gangy makes you almost wonder if they'll pull Arete or Iago or Hans over Garon. I mean Vali is the Grimleal leader, so he has a reason for showing up, but Vali has zero popularity and it isn't like I'm expecting Grima to be the big bad, it'll be an OC.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That they chose Vali over Waly or Gangy makes you almost wonder if they'll pull Arete or Iago or Hans over Garon. I mean Vali is the Grimleal leader, so he has a reason for showing up, but Vali has zero popularity and it isn't like I'm expecting Grima to be the big bad, it'll be an OC.

Would Hans be a semi-clone of Lissa? She is the only infantry axe user after all.

I wouldn't mind Arete getting in though. If she's playable there's a chance she might get supports and I want to know more about her.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well Validar was the biggest human villain in the game. Gangrel and Walhart were only bad guys for their arcs but Validar remained a threat throughout.

Garon is the big bad for two routes, and a big threat in the third. When you think "Fates villain" you think Garon. Plus he has a personal relation to the Fates cast, just like 

Spoiler

Validar being Robin's daddy

For Validar, the main reason I can see him getting in over the others is the connection to Grima (who I find to be far more awesome than Validar himself.) On their own, I find Gangrel and Walhart to be better villains, even though Validar shows up at the start and near the end of Awakening.

Since Validar is in (either as an NPC or playable), I hope we have a playable Grima as a character. I imagine the moveset being similar to Ganondorf's in Hyrule Warriors, but I am probably getting too far into this hypothetical possibility...

Spoiler

I just really want to play as an Evil Robin, and hopefully Grima would have both versions of Robin to choose from. Please be a full moveset and not just an alt costume...

Edited by Sire

Like with Hyrule Warriors, it's all down to if there is demand to play as them. It's what got Ghirahim and Zant into the base game and Cia, Volga, and Wizzro as a Free Update.

I don't see much demand for Validar, but maybe if some other, more popular villains appear in history mode or the story's ones are interesting enough, there may be.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

For Validar, the main reason I can see him getting in over the others is the connection to Grima (who I find to be far more awesome than Validar himself.) On their own, I find Gangrel and Walhart to be better villains, even though Validar shows up at the start and near the end of Awakening.

Since Validar is in (either as an NPC or playable), I hope we have a playable Grima as a character. I imagine the moveset being similar to Ganondorf's in Hyrule Warriors, but I am probably getting too far into this hypothetical possibility...

Reveal hidden contents

I just really want to play as an Evil Robin, and hopefully Grima would have both versions of Robin to choose from. Please be a full moveset and not just an alt costume...

How would that even work outside of a 

Spoiler

another moveset for Robin that summoned a spectral Grima head?

I mean at least Medeus can be played with in Manakete form.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Watch Grima just show up at the end, kill the OC and fight you.